PDA

View Full Version : Terrorism: What We're Dealing With (Perspective)

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-03-2004, 03:26 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040903/capt.mosb11609031346.russia_school_seizure_mosb116 .jpg

This is where all you ignorant democrats tell me that Bush is wrong for going on the offensive against terrorism.

This is the kind of work that the terrorists you all think will just go away under Kerry's "nicer America" bullshit.

It won't get better, it'll get worse (thought I'd bring it up since all of you already seem to have forgotten 9/11).

This is the kind of work that those of you think "peace" and a reactive posture will get it done.

Bush has taken the fight to these guys, instead of letting them bring it to us.

And finally, my heart and prayers go out to the people in Russia today, this is downright barbaric, and it sure as hell isn't Islam (at least not the version of the Qur'an I read).

E20
09-03-2004, 04:32 PM
AHF is right. I pray for the people in Russia and hope this matter gets resolved as safely as possible. :cry

Nbadan
09-04-2004, 07:12 AM
The people fighing in Russia are separatists. Call them terrorists if you want, but you know that that means that our founding fathers were terrorists during the American Revolution.

Nbadan
09-04-2004, 07:14 AM
Bush has taken the fight to these guys, instead of letting them bring it to us.

W. took the fight to these guys (in Najaf) and these guys responded in kind. So W. decided to just let them walk away.

http://www.mrcontent.com/harvey/dumbo16.jpg

Nbadan
09-04-2004, 07:16 AM
This is the kind of work that the terrorists you all think will just go away under Kerry's "nicer America" bullshit.

Kerry said he would never back off the war on terrorism, and realistically, diplomacy has been dismal under W.

Nbadan
09-04-2004, 07:19 AM
This is where all you ignorant democrats tell me that Bush is wrong for going on the offensive against terrorism.

No, most war critics have said that the Iraq war has been a cluster-**** that has cost 100's of billions of dollars, and the lives of 1000 of our finest, but hasn't made the U.S. or the world any safer.

IcemanCometh
09-04-2004, 11:58 AM
The people Of Chechnya have had it far worse under the russians for hundreds of years, thats sort of what they are fighting about. Maybe after a few more Iraqs we can start expecting attacks like this to occur all over the US.

Yonivore
09-04-2004, 12:03 PM
They're not all separatists anymore, Nbadan.

Chechens are fighting alongside al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Also, there's been an influx of Wahhabist (al Qaeda, et. al.) extremists into Chechnya beginning in about 1995.

There is a common belief that Islamic extremists have coopted the separatist cause of the Chechens to advance their own blood-thirsty agenda.

This type of hostage taking is right out of al Qaeda's playbook.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Diplomacy has been just fine. Sure, the French and Germans are pissed, but that's because we cut off their under-the-table oil for arms/goods deal with Saddam. Anyone would be pissed after that.

You had to post five different times on this thread Dan? The people in Checnya aren't separatists, they are terrorists. They in no way, shape, or form resemble the founders of this country.

Show me where the founders of our country ran around killing civilians, *particularly children.*

I'm looking through our country's history for a time and place when our forefathers killed a whole school full of innocent men, women, and children, but I'm just not saying.

Like I said in the other post Dan, get help. You are so out of touch with reality trying to make Bush bad, there's not much else I can say. You aren't even applying logic, just making one gigantic reach after another.

I know, I know... booing > bullets. :shootme

travis2
09-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Ah yes, the true colors of the left come out. Defending the taking of a middle school. Defending killing kids.

I'm not surprised.

Yonivore
09-04-2004, 12:09 PM
"The people Of Chechnya have had it far worse under the russians for hundreds of years, thats sort of what they are fighting about. Maybe after a few more Iraqs we can start expecting attacks like this to occur all over the US."
Yeah, right.

As an undecided voter (who, after seeing President Bush speak said he was voting for the President) put it, "it's been three years since September 11 without another terrorist attack on U.S. soil. That's no accident."

Will it happen again? Possibly. Most say probably. But, America is coming to believe we have a better chance of it not happening again under President Bush than under a President Kerry.