PDA

View Full Version : This SAR rumor

King
07-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Has anything ever been said about it besides what was in the Marc Stein chat? I saw it mentioned on WOAI (just clips of SAR) yesterday, but I didn't have sound. Is this all arising from Stein's blurb, or is there something more? I know SAR's name has been thrown around for years, but I've never seen a 'rumor' before this year, and I haven't heard anything more about it.

Kori Ellis
07-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Don Harris: "Two NBA sources told me over the weekend that the Spurs may be more interested in spending their five million dollar exception on Shareef Abdur Rahim."

Also I believe Don confirmed yesterday with Shareef that San Antonio was on his "short list".

I don't think the Spurs or Blazers have confirmed that the Spurs have offered Rasho in a S&T.

King
07-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Lol, judging by most of your posts... it looks like you havent heard anything..

Well, true...my Argentine sources have failed me in not sending me videos on Scola, and I had the TV muted at work yesterday.

I'm monstrously out of the loop.

King
07-07-2005, 11:44 AM
I don't think the Spurs or Blazers have confirmed that the Spurs have offered Rasho in a S&T.

That's what I'm wondering about. Every year Rahim's name comes up about his interest in the Spurs, and every year there's this debate -- but it never seems to be anything more than 'a 20/10 guy would be a great add.' But, this is the first year there's ever been a "rumor," and I haven't heard anything about it more than in the Stein chat, and was wondering if there was more. There's no mention of Spurs/Blazers trade in any SAR article. Just Nets and Heat mentions.

But then, I don't hear a lot of things.

Mr. Body
07-07-2005, 11:53 AM
There's no mention of Spurs/Blazers trade in any SAR article. Just Nets and Heat mentions.

It's mostly being blown out of proportion.

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2005, 11:55 AM
It's mostly being blown out of proportion.

Unless the Blazers would like Nesterovic back. Then, not so.

Solid D
07-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Don Harris was quoting the NY Post, where they were developing the talks between SAR (his atty.) and the Nets.

The New York Post said this yesterday:
"...But I'm keeping my options wide open. We are speaking to other teams. Although I like the situation, myself and Aaron (attorney Goodwin) will weigh all my options, listen to everybody," continued Abdur-Rahim, who said the Spurs, Heat, Wizards, and Kings also are courting him. "I don't want to lead anybody on."