View Full Version : NBA: Worst loss you've seen

AussieFanKurt
03-31-2013, 12:32 AM
dirk getting that late and1 over manu in playoffs probably worst for me in nba

TE
03-31-2013, 12:34 AM

Thread
03-31-2013, 12:35 AM
That pass from Worthy to Henderson. I'll take that to the grave.

Trainwreck2100
03-31-2013, 12:36 AM

ElNono
03-31-2013, 12:36 AM

To me it was 2009 when Manu was out and the Suns sweep in 2010... they're series we couldn't/didn't compete. Against Dallas we had no chance without Manu and against the Suns we couldn't defend for shit.

Thread
03-31-2013, 12:37 AM

Still amazed at Payton's patience there. Such an asshole, but, he rose up there and acted like somebody.

AussieFanKurt
03-31-2013, 12:37 AM
i can hardly remember .4 if at all tbh.. that's why I didn't say it

TE
03-31-2013, 12:40 AM
After .4, I'd say that game where Manu fouled Dirk. Then last year's game six and five.

AussieFanKurt
03-31-2013, 12:42 AM
any non-NBA games?

Thread
03-31-2013, 12:43 AM
After .4, I'd say that game where Manu fouled Dirk. Then last year's game six and five.

Yep, Oklahoma pullin' a "McVeigh" on ya and blowing your asses sky high.

WOO HOO!!!

TE
03-31-2013, 12:45 AM
any non-NBA games?

Romo botch

ElNono
03-31-2013, 12:45 AM

WOO HOO!!!

Los Angeles Meth fans coming out of the woodwork, tbh

AussieFanKurt
03-31-2013, 12:46 AM

WOO HOO!!!

hmm using that analogy in favour of OK... interesting

Thread
03-31-2013, 12:48 AM
Los Angeles Meth fans coming out of the woodwork, tbh

You thought you had that OKC series. I remember the day Kori ran me off you'd lost 3 in-a-row. My parting words:::"God willing OKC will end this tomorrow."

Fuckin' 'eh. The next day they left ya where they found ya.

AussieFanKurt
03-31-2013, 12:50 AM
You thought you had that OKC series. I remember the day Kori ran me off you'd lost 3 in-a-row. My parting words:::"God willing OKC will end this tomorrow."

there is no god so

irishock
03-31-2013, 12:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kycdQnKPz0

Sean Cagney
03-31-2013, 12:51 AM

This one stung for years man, we had that game won if we just do not foul and hit our FT's and I am sure MANU would have hit them in the crunch.

AussieFanKurt
03-31-2013, 12:53 AM
This one stung for years man, we had that game won if we just do not foul and hit our FT's and I am sure MANU would have hit them in the crunch.

wasn't ever mad at manu coz if i remember right he had a massive game and wouldn't have been that close without him but yeah man it hurt fuck

LkrFan
Spur Fan perspective:

2QWdsVQN_BE&sns=em

The two greatest players in the history of the Spurs getting their shit pushed in by Kobe (36/9/8) in the playoffs. I never get tired of watching this vid. No wonder every BSNF hates Kobe.

:rollin :lmao :rollin

:downspin:

Sean Cagney
To me it was 2009 when Manu was out and the Suns sweep in 2010... they're series we couldn't/didn't compete. Against Dallas we had no chance without Manu and against the Suns we couldn't defend for shit.

They sucked but we were not contenders that year and you mentioned a series and not just a game! If you want to mention series the worst one ever was the 01 sweep LA gave us in record fashion, that was horribe lol! I don't know if you remember that series but that one was just flat out humiliating.

In 04 and in 06 we might have been favored to win it all with HC in most series, those losses were far worse than 09-10.
wasn't ever mad at manu coz if i remember right he had a massive game and wouldn't have been that close without him but yeah man it hurt fuck

Yep, Manu had a big game, hit the big three etc. Without him we are not even near in that game! BIG THREE came up huge in that second half.

Thread
03-31-2013, 12:54 AM
Spur Fan perspective:

2QWdsVQN_BE&sns=em

The two greatest players in the history of the Spurs getting their shit pushed in by Kobe (36/9/8) in the playoffs. I never get tired of watching this vid. No wonder every BSNF hates Kobe.

Testify, LF. TESTIFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-31-2013, 12:56 AM
2006 NBA Finals, Game 5.

Sean Cagney
03-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Spur Fan perspective:

2QWdsVQN_BE&sns=em

They mention tough losses, well your 28 pt loss to the Spurs in game 6 at home or the BOSTON huge comeback to basically take the series back in 08 when you guys had that game won and the series tied basically, then BOOM (Against your most hated Rival ever). Be real and post LA losses that stung and you hated sides just posting shit about the Spurs like you never had a bad loss before.

thispego
03-31-2013, 12:57 AM
aussiefankirtfaggot need to shut the fuck up and start acting like he's been watching NBA for the past three years.

Little kid, don't worry about championships lost, worry about yourself and future spurs success. Nobody cares that you missed the Spurs losing championships. :rolleyes

ElNono
03-31-2013, 12:58 AM

Los Angeles Meth founding member... I'll keep it in mind if we end up playing the Methaloma again...

AussieFanKurt
03-31-2013, 12:59 AM
aussiefankirtfaggot need to shut the fuck up and start acting like he's been watching NBA for the past three years.

Little kid, don't worry about championships lost, worry about yourself and future spurs success. Nobody cares that you missed the Spurs losing championships. :rolleyes

serial complainer.. have a cry cunt

Thread
03-31-2013, 01:00 AM
2006 NBA Finals, Game 5.

It was inexcusable.

Thread
03-31-2013, 01:01 AM
Los Angeles Meth founding member... I'll keep it in mind if we end up playing the Methaloma again...

ElNono
03-31-2013, 01:08 AM
They sucked but we were not contenders that year and you mentioned a series and not just a game! If you want to mention series the worst one ever was the 01 sweep LA gave us in record fashion, that was horribe lol! I don't know if you remember that series but that one was just flat out humiliating.

In 04 and in 06 we might have been favored to win it all with HC in most series, those losses were far worse than 09-10.

There were very few series where we flat out didn't compete since Duncan been around, especially when the other team didn't have a monster player in his prime (see Shaq in '01).

The 2000 playoffs, obviously, since TD was out with his knee injury. Then the other two I mentioned.

I have no regrets over the other losses. It's difficult for me to rationalize that a single shot/play/game is the difference in a 7 game series, unless it's game 7 itself.

For example, IMO, in 2006 we didn't show up for one entire game (game 3?), and so I just find it difficult to say one play changed that series.

In 2011 against Memphis, Pop decides to sit Manu out for game 1, and there's another big swing, beyond what ZBo/Conley did or not.

But above all, we competed in all those series. We always gave ourselves a chance, even if sometimes it wasn't enough. I feel much more disappointing when we just lay down and take a beating.

JingleJangleJingle
03-31-2013, 01:17 AM
06 Manu foul on Dirk was the most painful

.4 sucked but even if we went on to beat the Lakers it would have been incredibly tough to beat that Pistons team especially since Manu had not emerged as a star like he did in 05

We probably end up beating the Heat in 06 if we played them.

Sean Cagney
03-31-2013, 01:18 AM
There were very few series where we flat out didn't compete since Duncan been around, especially when the other team didn't have a monster player in his prime (see Shaq in '01).

The 2000 playoffs, obviously, since TD was out with his knee injury. Then the other two I mentioned.

I have no regrets over the other losses. It's difficult for me to rationalize that a single shot/play/game is the difference in a 7 game series, unless it's game 7 itself.

For example, IMO, in 2006 we didn't show up for one entire game (game 3?), and so I just find it difficult to say one play changed that series.

In 2011 against Memphis, Pop decides to sit Manu out for game 1, and there's another big swing, beyond what ZBo/Conley did or not.

But above all, we competed in all those series. We always gave ourselves a chance, even if sometimes it wasn't enough. I feel much more disappointing when we just lay down and take a beating.
Suns series sucked bigtime, infact I don't even really remember it at all after the Dallas series, thats how gone it is to me. Manu was out in game one of 011 because honestly he had a broken bone correct? He still went out there and balled spite that fact in the last few games. Dallas series in 09, Manu out, forget it. I agree with alot you said, but if you are talking series that just crushed me as a fan, 01 LA and honestly the Suns series you metion because both were sweeps and we did not compete at all! NONE. I can handle a loss when they tried and played their ass off, but the ones I mention there were just a disaster area.

Lincoln
03-31-2013, 01:21 AM
Actually it was game 2 that y'all got blown the fuck out in SA in 06

ElNono
03-31-2013, 01:22 AM
Suns series sucked bigtime, infact I don't even really remember it at all after the Dallas series, thats how gone it is to me. Manu was out in game one of 011 because honestly he had a broken bone correct? He still went out there and balled spite that fact in the last few games. Dallas series in 09, Manu out, forget it. I agree with alot you said, but if you are talking series that just crushed me as a fan, 01 LA and honestly the Suns series you metion because both were sweeps and we did not compete at all! NONE. I can handle a loss when they tried and played their ass off, but the ones I mention there were just a disaster area.

I also can't disagree with anybody about this stuff... people react differently about wins/losses, and put the onus on different things.

Lincoln
Game 5 in 06 hurt when wade got game winning free throws in overtime on a phantom foul and had like 22+ FTs that game himself

ElNono
Actually it was game 2 that y'all got blown the fuck out in SA in 06

thanks... I knew there was one game where we got manhandled and Pop just quitPERIOD.

Sean Cagney
03-31-2013, 01:23 AM
06 Manu foul on Dirk was the most painful

.4 sucked but even if we went on to beat the Lakers it would have been incredibly tough to beat that Pistons team especially since Manu had not emerged as a star like he did in 05

We probably end up beating the Heat in 06 if we played them.Pistons we needed Barry for and Nazr in that series to win it, well we did not have either in 04 and Detroit was even better in 04 late than 05 so I agree, I think we lose that series to Detroit in 04 and I don't care what anyone else says on it we would have had a WAR.

Heat in 06 we do beat no doubt so thats why I put it up at #1. Some mention Manu hurt in 08 too and so on, but Boston would have beaten us that year. We could have had three more finals yes indeed, but I feel we could have lost two of those! Honestly.
Game 5 in 06 hurt when wade got game winning free throws in overtime on a phantom foul and had like 22+ FTs that game himself

Howards TIME OUT game, I remember it like yesterday. I agree Wade got to the line alot then, but that TO was just beyond stupid.

Lincoln
03-31-2013, 01:25 AM
:lol that Dallas SA series in 09 when Duncan got teabagged by ryan Hollins, barea goin HAM and Josh Howard dropping 28 on a bum ankle

ElNono
03-31-2013, 01:26 AM
:lol that Dallas SA series in 09 when Duncan got teabagged by ryan Hollins, barea goin HAM and Josh Howard dropping 28 on a bum ankle

that series was disgusting... Barea toying with Bonner :lol

Sean Cagney
03-31-2013, 01:27 AM

LOL at the series a year later when the Spurs went off on you guys and outted you faggot ass #2 seeds and championship hopeful in 6 games ahahhaahhaha. I remember heads that year saying Dallas was LA's biggest problem if they make it, then they get outted in round one again for the 3rd time in 4 years lol.

George Hill murdered you fuckers that year :lol Terry's post game speech, we are failures (After 1-7 in game 6 he guaranteed).

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-31-2013, 01:28 AM
LOL at the series a year later when the Spurs went off on you guys and outted you faggot ass #2 seeds and championship hopeful in 6 games ahahhaahhaha. I remember heads that year saying Dallas was LA's biggest problem if they make it, then they get outted in round one again for the 3rd time in 4 years lol.

George Hill murdered you fuckers that year :lol

Yeah.... lot of good that series victory did for dem Spurs.

Sean Cagney
03-31-2013, 01:30 AM
Yeah.... lot of good that series victory did for dem Spurs.

ALOT OF GOOD it did you guys to beat us in 06 and 09, both failed attempts at a title!!!! HE HEHE EHEE EHEHEH.

Why even bring these series up I agree, but Lincoln had to get cute and bring up a damn series where we sucked and had Manu out. This is the worst losses you have seen (I posted a few myself I hated), yet you fans too proud to post a series or losses you have seen and are too proud to fucking post it. Post a loss you hated, stick to the fucking thread man. :blah:lol. It seems some try to go past the point here.

Lincoln
03-31-2013, 01:30 AM
Just looked up box scores to game 5 06 finals.

Mavs lost by ONE point in overtime on game winning free throws by Wade who shot 25 FTs that game. Heat had a 49-25 FT advantage with Wade having the same fucking amount as Dallas. LMAO what a fucking screw job

Lincoln
03-31-2013, 01:32 AM

George Hill murdered you fuckers that year :lol Terry's post game speech, we are failures (After 1-7 in game 6 he guaranteed).
Its all good, y'all got fucking swept a round later and shit on by goran. Meanwhile it was a learning experience for the team that would win the fucking finals a year later

irishock
03-31-2013, 01:33 AM

And then Mavs win the title the next year while the Spurs got 8ed :lmao

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-31-2013, 01:34 AM
Just looked up box scores to game 5 06 finals.

Mavs lost by ONE point in overtime on game winning free throws by Wade who shot 25 FTs that game. Heat had a 49-25 FT advantage with Wade having the same fucking amount as Dallas. LMAO what a fucking screw job

We got our revenge though nigga. Still... you'll always remember the one that got away

Sean Cagney
03-31-2013, 01:35 AM
And then Mavs win the title the next year while the Spurs got 8ed :lmaoAnd the Sonics don't have a fucking team..........:lol:lol

irishock
03-31-2013, 01:35 AM
And the Sonics don't have a fucking team..........

Not for long son

Sean Cagney
03-31-2013, 01:37 AM
Not for long son

Spurs get outted by the Mavs in 06, Mavs get outted in 07 by a #8 seed while the Spurs win a title, sound familiar? BTW Kings staying!!!!

Its all good, y'all got fucking swept a round later and shit on by goran. Meanwhile it was a learning experience for the team that would win the fucking finals a year later

Yep, the Spurs won the title a year later after 06 as well while Dallas got knocked out in round one with 67 wins.

irishock
03-31-2013, 01:43 AM
Spurs get outted by the Mavs in 06, Mavs get outted in 07 by a #8 seed while the Spurs win a title, sound familiar? BTW Kings staying!!!!

something 2 years ago is more relevant than 6 years ago

Sean Cagney
03-31-2013, 01:45 AM
something 2 years ago is more relevant than 6 years agoStill lead to a title, when is the last time Seattle won a title? GOOD LORD man. GOOD F IN LORD.

lakerhaterade
03-31-2013, 01:45 AM
Sean Cagney is so easily trollable..someone should tell him he's being trolled.

irishock
03-31-2013, 01:46 AM
Still lead to a title, when is the last time Seattle won a title? GOOD LORD man. GOOD F IN LORD.

Jesus christ you sound butthurt. I never even said the Sonics were the better franchise :lmao

irishock
03-31-2013, 01:47 AM

:lmao he's fallen prey to Mid's dickings account 5 times

timtonymanu
03-31-2013, 01:54 AM

rofl I was thinking the same thing. Arcadian is another poster that comes to mind.

ElNono
03-31-2013, 02:01 AM
personally, wouldn't mind a Spurs-Dallas series this season...

Budkin
03-31-2013, 02:06 AM
Spur Fan perspective:

2QWdsVQN_BE&sns=em

That series was Kobe's coming out party. He was simply unstoppable. Very painful for a Spurs fan.

Budkin
03-31-2013, 02:08 AM
.4 and not even close. At least the Manu foul game went to OT.

timtonymanu
03-31-2013, 02:28 AM
.4 and not even close. At least the Manu foul game went to OT.

I say 06 was worse because the Spurs would have easily handled the Suns and the Heat. I don't think they would have gotten past Detroit in 04.

Budkin
03-31-2013, 02:33 AM
I've never gone from such an incredible high to such utter despair in so short an amount of time as I did for 0.4.

AussieFanKurt
03-31-2013, 03:15 AM
I've never gone from such an incredible high to such utter despair in so short an amount of time as I did for 0.4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOpqPBEaoFM

This is my high to despair... come back and get lead late but was drawn then lost

Sean Cagney
03-31-2013, 03:15 AM
Jesus christ you sound butthurt. I never even said the Sonics were the better franchise :lmao
No not really, im good just love talking some shit back and forth. In all reality though this was about your teams worst losses, not meant to turn into another argument over this crap here! Spurs have some bad losses, I posted the ones I hated the most as a fan, period end of story.

Whats your Sonics WORST LOSS? I have yet to see you mention one in here as a fan, just on other teams.

I think we all can relate to you on this one, one second you are there thats it we did it! Series is going to be ours and we will move on and just have to win one outta two! THEN BOOM!!!!! Down 3-2.

capek
03-31-2013, 03:26 AM

I drove in from Houston for that game. And then drove back after the game. Not a fun 2.5 hour drive back. I'd find myself yelling "God dammit Manu!" out loud at random intervals. :(

That was my worst game I've seen live. So fucking painful to be in the stands for that one. :cry

baseline bum
03-31-2013, 03:56 AM
any non-NBA games?

Florida-UCLA 2006 :pctoss

Miami-UCLA 1998 :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

Basically, fuck the whole state of Florida

Venti Quattro
03-31-2013, 04:03 AM
Lakers in the 1984 NBA Finals
Lakers in the 2003 WCSF
UCLA losing to Florida in 2006
Lakers losing a 24-point lead to Boston in 2008
Barcelona losing to Chelsea in 2012

Basically, fuck the whole state of Florida

Yes sir...

baseline bum
03-31-2013, 04:05 AM
Lakers in the 1984 NBA Finals
Lakers in the 2003 WCSF
UCLA losing to Florida in 2006
Lakers losing a 24-point lead to Boston in 2008
Barcelona losing to Chelsea in 2012

Yes sir...

:cry They even kicked LA's ass on Disneylands :cry

baseline bum
03-31-2013, 04:09 AM

Eh, the embarrassment was returned the next season when your boys got dick-slapped in the 7-2 matchup by Richard Jefferson and George Hill. :lol

:cry The good old days when Roddy Basketball was the next Isiah Thomas :cry

jag
03-31-2013, 04:11 AM

Liberty got swept by the Sparks in the Finals. It was the Liberty's last real shot at a title. They were three times denied by the Comets in the finals, but this time it seemed like they had the squad to put them over the top...especially considering how the Comets were on the decline. Then Lisa Leslie and the girls start ballin on a whole 'nother level. Becky was just really starting to hit her prime and it was tough to see the Liberty go out like that.

Becky carried the team in game 1 with 18 pts but it wasn't enough. In game 2, in front of 14,000 she shit all over herself going 3-9 from the field and missed some big shots down the stretch. They lost 69-66. Liberty haven't been back to the finals since. Also, Lobo was a fucking bust and should have never been drafted. Kwame brown of the WNBA.

AussieFanKurt
03-31-2013, 04:12 AM
:lmao

baseline bum
03-31-2013, 04:14 AM
That series was Kobe's coming out party. He was simply unstoppable. Very painful for a Spurs fan.

Was LA-OKC second round his going back in party? God he looked like shit.

mUTIUb6Y2nw

baseline bum
03-31-2013, 04:17 AM

Liberty got swept by the Sparks in the Finals. It was the Liberty's last real shot at a title. They were three times denied by the Comets in the finals, but this time it seemed like they had the squad to put them over the top...especially considering how the Comets were on the decline. Then Lisa Leslie and the girls start ballin on a whole 'nother level. Becky was just really starting to hit her prime and it was tough to see the Liberty go out like that.

Becky carried the team in game 1 with 18 pts but it wasn't enough. In game 2, in front of 14,000 she shit all over herself going 3-9 from the field and missed some big shots down the stretch. They lost 69-66. Liberty haven't been back to the finals since. Also, Lobo was a fucking bust and should have never been drafted. Kwame brown of the WNBA.

Why's det bitch named Lobo and not Caballo? The horse-face got 10x worse after her ass retired.

z0sa
03-31-2013, 04:26 AM

spurraider21
03-31-2013, 06:54 AM
for the spurs, 0.4 and its not close

for my raiders, tbh the tuck rule bullshit was worse than the superbowl curb stomping

Clipper Nation
03-31-2013, 07:26 AM
I'll go to my grave with the memory of Daniel Ewing trying (and failing) to guard Raja Bell, tbh.... the Ryan Gomes game last year is also on the list....

As for the Chargers, their whole history is basically one big, long painful loss..... the Super Bowl in '94, Marlon McCree, and the Hochuli Game were particularly bad....

DMC
03-31-2013, 09:42 AM
I'm a bandwagon fan, I don't do losses.

UZER
03-31-2013, 09:51 AM

That's how spurs fan felt the same year with the rescinded tech on finley to which pop said "so does that mean we win the game?" Duncan fouling because dirk stepped on his foot, and the mavs shooting 50 free throws in 3 which they only won by one point.

yeah I'm still bitter about this series. It was one of the greatest series in playoff history. But don't look for the east / west coast media to agree with that.

100%duncan
03-31-2013, 10:09 AM
Spur Fan perspective:

2QWdsVQN_BE&sns=em

I don't even remember det anymore and I think I speak for the masses. So yeah, fail tbh.

irishock
03-31-2013, 11:33 AM
No not really, im good just love talking some shit back and forth. In all reality though this was about your teams worst losses, not meant to turn into another argument over this crap here! Spurs have some bad losses, I posted the ones I hated the most as a fan, period end of story.

Whats your Sonics WORST LOSS? I have yet to see you mention one in here as a fan, just on other teams.

Yep, sounds mad :lmao

didn't even respond to me claiming that I never said the Sonics were the better franchise

DMC
03-31-2013, 12:16 PM

I can't even think of that without crying

TrainOfThought5
03-31-2013, 01:40 PM
Cowboys and the "Seattle Slip" with Romo, we were supposed to be the NFL's cinderella team that year.

Spurs was probably ".4"

callo1
03-31-2013, 05:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck9nyiwaTIg

callo1
03-31-2013, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4abhqvfNsc

Latarian Milton
03-31-2013, 07:57 PM
game 6 of 11' finals. we got literally fucked by scrubs who happened to play all like superstars that night, and the feeling of witnessing the opposing team celebrating winning the championship right on OUR homecourt might be even more painful than parturition tbh