07-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Sucker!

spursfaninla
07-07-2005, 12:29 PM
nobody wants to play with lebron?

poor guy, he is NEVER going to get a ring... :depressed

spurjur
07-07-2005, 12:31 PM
LeBron has a huge ego. The guy talks like he is the best. The guy is awesome, but he hasn't taken his team to the playoffs. Not only that. If I were Redd I'd take $90 million too. Cha ching!

Banks91
07-07-2005, 12:32 PM
to me ,i think he is too good not to get a ring, but i doubt he will get it in the near future, maybe in his 8th or 9th season,

ducks
07-07-2005, 12:32 PM
does james have ego problem or something?

Banks91
07-07-2005, 12:33 PM
lebron right now isnt in that class of players that can get their team to the playoffs just

by stepping on the court, like a duncan or shaq

Guru of Nothing
07-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Besides money, the fact that Lebron is leaving Cleveland in two years probably held the most influence over his decision.

Supergirl
Redd made the wrong decision, I think. He's 26, Bogut will take 3 or 4 years to develop into something special, and the amount the Bucks overpaid him will prevent them from signing anyone else of significance.

This is my prediction. I could be wrong.

ICE3000

DAMN I guess everbody has to win a ring there second year in the league or there doomed to have a Garnett career.... c'mon it MJ what 5-6 years before he got a ring

Banks91
07-07-2005, 12:35 PM
ye for redd, he would feel stupid if he signed there and lebron left

thats y i have a feeling SAR wont go to NJ cuz whos to say Kidd will stay,

and thats basically his reason for goin there(to make the playoffs and win)

ICE3000
07-07-2005, 12:37 PM
LeBron has a huge ego. The guy talks like he is the best. The guy is awesome, but he hasn't taken his team to the playoffs. Not only that. If I were Redd I'd take $90 million too. Cha ching!

give the guy time... u have to be nuts to think this legue wont eventually be OWNED by LBJ

Banks91
07-07-2005, 12:37 PM
hey ice3000, spurs fans have been spoiled man, cuz to everybody lebrons

supposed to be the man. but our less publicized superstar (duncan) led his team

to the championship in his 2nd year so we have high expectations

Ginobili_20_gold_medalist
07-07-2005, 12:38 PM
DAMN I guess everbody has to win a ring there second year in the league or there doomed to have a Garnett career.... c'mon it MJ what 5-6 years before he got a ring

Took Jordan 7 years to get a ring. Of course he didn't have much of a team to start out with.

boutons
07-07-2005, 12:41 PM
"go to NJ cuz whos to say Kidd will stay"

Kidd's humongous contract will very probably keep him in NJ for the contract duration.

ICE3000
07-07-2005, 12:41 PM
to me ,i think he is too good not to get a ring, but i doubt he will get it in the near future, maybe in his 8th or 9th season,

How about 5th or 6th season.... TD and the other elite players will all be over the heal by then and if Lebron aint winnin the rings then who will be.... its either LBJ;AMARE;OR WADE.... MAYBE KOBE OR T-MAC WILL SNEAK ONE IN THERE SOMEWHERE...

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Just as long as a lot of the cap room is soaked up soon, to the point where the Spurs will be looking at some rather attractive options for the MLE.

spurjur
07-07-2005, 12:44 PM
I don't doubt that LeBron will win a ring. I have a feeling he may win one or two. He just needs the right role players around him. In his two years he has had different lineups. His man Booz left him. Coach Silas isn't there anymore. I think Ferry will make some good choices and bring in guys that will help him. I think Coach Mike Brown is a good start. If I were Ferry I would keep Z and go after guys like Raja Bell, Marko Jaric, and Jon Barry. Yeah they aren't a Ray Allen or Michael Redd, but they won't demand the ball or a lot of money. You need that money to throw at James once his contract is up. Not only that someone like Bell will give you good defense.

ducks
07-07-2005, 12:45 PM

mailman never got a ring and he was good

ducks
07-07-2005, 12:46 PM

james is not poor he is RICH

ICE3000
07-07-2005, 12:46 PM
hey ice3000, spurs fans have been spoiled man, cuz to everybody lebrons

supposed to be the man. but our less publicized superstar (duncan) led his team

to the championship in his 2nd year so we have high expectations

Im a big spurs fan also but it is jaw droppin that some of these folks are already labeling 2nd year players losers...its also jaw droppin that Manu gets props like he is the man when in actuality he is a side kick who CAN BE REPLACED

Banks91
07-07-2005, 12:47 PM
the cavs will have money to spend on lebron no problem, cuz the biggest contract

he could possibly sign will be under a 100mil, not a contract like duncans or kobe's

cuz not enough years in the league. i think it would be dumb not to get this guy

all-star help, cuz that will not get him a ring thats guaranteed

MannyIsGod
07-07-2005, 12:49 PM
Dumb. Really dumb.

Banks91
07-07-2005, 12:50 PM
hey ice3000, its not just spurfan but all over the country, lebron has lost some of

shine he had when he first came into the league, cuz cmon on 2 seasons with out

the playoffs. i guarantee u , if he doesnt make the playoffs 1 more season, ur

gonna be readin a whole lot of "Lebron overrated?" stories next summer

ChumpDumper
07-07-2005, 12:50 PM
So, Cuttino to Cleveland?

Devin?

S&T Ilgauskas for one of Atlanta's kids?

Good luck Danny.

ducks
07-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Coveted free agent Michael Redd agreed Thursday to re-sign with the Milwaukee Bucks, choosing to stay with the only NBA team he's played for over LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers.

"He's going to get a max deal in Milwaukee for $90 to $96 million, depending on what the cap is, over six years," Redd's agent, Kevin Poston, told The Associated Press early Thursday afternoon. "Michael started his career in Milwaukee and hopes to end it there, too.

"It was a tough decision between the Bucks and the Cavaliers, but Michael's heart is in Milwaukee and he's excited about his future there," Poston added.

Redd, who was the top remaining free agent available, met with James and Cavs officials in Cleveland on Wednesday, one day after meeting with the Bucks.

The 6-foot-6 shooting guard averaged a career-high 23 points, 4.2 rebounds and 2.3 assists last season. He has averaged 17.7 points while making 39.4 percent of his 3-point shots since Milwaukee drafted him in second round, with the 43rd overall pick, in the 2000 NBA draft.

Poston said Redd, who turns 26 in August, is excited about playing with former Utah center Andrew Bogut, the No. 1 pick overall in last month's draft, and for the Bucks' next coach.

"Michael had Andrew have spoken at great length and are really looking forward to starting something special in Milwaukee," said Poston, an agent based in suburban Detroit. "We also know who the Bucks are focused in on to be their next coach, and Michael is very comfortable with him."

The Bucks signed Bogut to a multiyear contract last week and have been searching for a new coach since firing Terry Porter last month. ESPN.com's Andy Katz reported Thursday that the Bucks are expected to hire Warriors assistant Terry Stotts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2102454

Duff McCartney
07-07-2005, 12:52 PM

Considering how much hype Lebron had coming into the league, he should have won his first and second year. Lebron can win 15 straight titles and he'll still be overrated because of the hype he got coming into the league.

I think it's too easy said about Lebron, everybody gives him free passes on everything he fucks up on.

Lebron does something amazing...everybody says "WOW!! AMAZING AND HE'S ONLY 20 YEARS OLD!!."

His team misses the playoffs or goes on a losing streak..everybody says " Well you can't criticize him, he's ONLY 20 years old."

Yeah right...give me a fucking break.

King
07-07-2005, 12:53 PM
So, Cuttino to Cleveland?

Devin?

S&T Ilgauskas for one of Atlanta's kids?

Good luck Danny.

Yeah, I wonder if they'll look into Devin. Danny knows him very well, and vice versa.

TheAdmiral#50
07-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Damn, I hoped his visit with the Cavs would change his mind.... :huh

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2005, 12:56 PM
I think the Spurs match even a MLE offer for Devin unless its too long. Ferry would have to come with an above MLE offer for a couple of seasons in order to woo him away. I don't see it.

ducks
07-07-2005, 12:57 PM
maybe jame's lack of trust in his teamates at the end of last season has hurt him
trying to get help

ducks
07-07-2005, 12:58 PM
I think the Spurs match even a MLE offer for Devin unless its too long. Ferry would have to come with an above MLE offer for a couple of seasons in order to woo him away. I don't see it.

ferry has to get james someone :lol

Guru of Nothing
07-07-2005, 01:03 PM
I think Milwaukee can put together a nice team over the next year or two, if Bogut pans out to be equal to Brad Miller, and, if TJ Ford returns healthy.

Ford, Redd, Mason, Joe Smith and Bogut is not a bad starting lineup by eastern conference standards, along with Maurice Williams, Welsch and Gadzuric off the bench.

If they can land an all-star caliber PF in the draft over these next couple of years, they could be a force.

I think Redd's a little overpaid (of course he was underpaid for a few years too), but excepting that, I don't see any bad contracts weighing them down as they move forward.

SenorSpur
07-07-2005, 01:04 PM
First off, I don't blame Michael Redd at all for taking the money and running. If someone ups an existing offer by 20 million, you'd be a fool to pass that up. Quite honestly, Redd was never going anywhere anyway. He and his agent simply used Cleveland to drive the price up. It happens all the time in free agency. That's simply good business strategy.

Having said that, the Bucks overpaid for Redd. He's a fantastic shooter, but certainly NOT a #1 option for their team. He's not a superstar player who you can expect to take over a game and force his will onto an opponent down the stretch. He's more of a complimentary player who should be the beneficiary of open looks resulting from the constant "double teams" drawn by a Lebron, Tim, KG, Shaq or another superstar of that caliber.

Now I realize the Bucks were in a tight situation and couldn't afford to lose him, but I wonder when these overzealous owners and GMs will ever cease throwing out superstar contracts to average and above average players, only to regret those decision years later (see the contracts of Michael Finley, Antoine Walker, Allan Houston, Keith Van Horn, Latrell Sprewell and others). Should either of these guys be paid as much or more that a Tim Duncan - I think not!

Now the owners have given themselves an "out" clause to escape the luxury tax penalties assoicated with those "bad" contracts. It's simply out of control.

ducks
07-07-2005, 01:05 PM
should ferry offer joe johnson the max and call the suns bluff?

SenorSpur
07-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Hell if I were Ferry, I would go after Johnson.

Guru of Nothing
07-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Hell if I were Ferry, I would go after Johnson.

Nice pun.

Jimcs50
07-07-2005, 01:41 PM

I'll play with him....Tell Cleveland to call my agent, we can work something out.

SenorSpur
07-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Hadn't heard any complaints about Lebron? Anything to substantiate those claims?

ducks
07-07-2005, 01:46 PM
boozer, allen and redd not wanting to play with him

ducks
07-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Ilgauskas might be next on the list

Sense
07-07-2005, 01:50 PM
He made the best decision....

Kori Ellis
07-07-2005, 08:26 PM
It will be very interesting what Danny Ferry does now. He better not strike out this free agency period.

midgetonadonkey
07-07-2005, 08:37 PM
I think he will find a way to land either Hughes or JJ. He's got the cap room and a person that many players would like to run with in Lebron. If not, he can save the cap for next season but many people in Cleveland will be very disappointed.

CalsonicKansei
07-07-2005, 08:39 PM
I kind of had a feeling that he was going to stay with Milwaukee since the free agent talk started. Thats really too bad for LeBron now because he is going to have to average like 30 points a game to get into the playoffs.