PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe to make decision in the offseason: retire in 2014 or not

irishock
03-31-2013, 05:08 PM
Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant, saying he does not want uncertainty over his future to drag through 2013-14 and with the possibility of being offered an extension this offseason, will “in all likelihood” make a decision in the summer over whether to retire after one more season.

Is your sense that next season will be your last?

“As I sit here right now, yeah.”

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/03/3 ... is-summer/ (http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/03/31/kobe-plans-to-decide-future-this-summer/)

From RealGM (hotrocks34)

irishock
03-31-2013, 05:14 PM
Anyone up for an ELE bet, I say he doesn't retire. Guy wants the all time scoring title.

HI-FI
03-31-2013, 05:16 PM
He won't retire, not next season. He gets too much joy manipulating the media and his fanboys.

ALVAREZ6
03-31-2013, 05:19 PM
No way he retires. I must say what Kobe does at his age and mileage level is incredible. But he wouldn't rather be doing anything else. He's gonna be in the league until he's 40.

baseline bum
03-31-2013, 05:25 PM
I must say what Kobe does at his age and mileage level is incredible.

What's incredible about missing the playoffs on a team with a $100 million payroll?

2pac > Kobe
03-31-2013, 05:29 PM
What's incredible about missing the playoffs on a team with a $100 million payroll?
too many urkels tbh

Thread
03-31-2013, 05:33 PM

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

ALVAREZ6
03-31-2013, 05:35 PM
More so what he's able to do individually, his body being able to do what it does on a nightly basis with the mileage it has isn't common. Obviously he's always been a me-first player, but recently I've taken a less hostile position on Kobe compared to how I used to think.

Juggity
03-31-2013, 05:41 PM
More so what he's able to do individually, his body being able to do what it does on a nightly basis with the mileage it has isn't common. Obviously he's always been a me-first player, but recently I've taken a less hostile position on Kobe compared to how I used to think.

By this I take it you mean oscillating back and forth between mercurial/won't-shoot/assist-padding Kobe Johnson and bullheaded/choke-artist/won't-pass Kobe Bryant with no middle ground or moderation?

Honestly, I don't see how anything he's done this season has been impressive. If anything, his basketball IQ has declined considerably; he's probably second only to Russell Westbrook for terrible shot selection. The fact that he can make some difficult shots doesn't excuse the fact that he takes a huge, huge quantity of these inexcusably awful shots which, statistically, cannot be converted with any efficiency for an indefinite period of time.

How any player can last as long as he has in the league with the bad attitude and poor fundamental basketball skills that he has is a testament to the strength of the NBA's and Lakers' marketing machines.

Clipper Nation
03-31-2013, 05:43 PM
This faggot won't retire.... he's gonna grovel to an actual contender and spend the rest of his career blatantly ring-whoring...

Thread
03-31-2013, 05:43 PM
By this I take it you mean oscillating back and forth between mercurial/won't-shoot/assist-padding Kobe Johnson and bullheaded/choke-artist/won't-pass Kobe Bryant with no middle ground or moderation?

Honestly,

...I like this Kobe:::

whitemamba
03-31-2013, 05:44 PM
I hope he doesn't retire, this guys is a joy to watch...

BatManu20
03-31-2013, 05:44 PM
He won't retire. He's got plenty of bricks left in him. Plus, he's one of those guys that reaaallly cares about stats and records so he's going to try and do everything in his power to get as many as he can.

baseline bum
03-31-2013, 05:45 PM
I hope he doesn't retire, this guys is a joy to watch...

Truth man; I have really enjoyed watching his season so far.

DMC
03-31-2013, 05:51 PM

He's got everyone fooled it seems, especially the be@ners.

I hope he doesn't retire. I want to see him go out right, like Mutombo did.

Thebesteva
03-31-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm not sure if I want him to retire or not. I think the franchise would be better off without him if they resign Dwight and go after Irving and rebuild. But Im not sure that's what will happen if they let him go

spurraider21
03-31-2013, 05:56 PM
The only important offseason decision Kobe needs to make is "what will be my BS injury this time?

Thread
03-31-2013, 05:57 PM
This faggot won't retire.... he's gonna grovel to an actual contender and spend the rest of his career blatantly ring-whoring...

More power to him. Now. Now you want to indict a player for this shit. Too late. That ship sailed many moons ago. You made your bed. Get your mother & lay it. And take little snot nose Ray and his mama with ya. You can have a 4 some. Take the Tuna and you can have a moresome.

Thread
03-31-2013, 05:59 PM
He's got everyone fooled it seems, especially the be@ners.

&&& especially the Celtics. They thought he was going to launch that. You thought that too, huh?

Uh, uh.

DMC
03-31-2013, 06:03 PM
&&& especially the Celtics. They thought he was going to launch that. You thought that too, huh?

Uh, uh.

I don't have a rear view mirror. My team is still moving forward.

DMC
03-31-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm not sure if I want him to retire or not. I think the franchise would be better off without him if they resign Dwight and go after Irving and rebuild. But Im not sure that's what will happen if they let him go

Howard can only be productive in the East. Many dominant centers shoot shitty from the line, but he's a massive liability. He's not dominant enough to overcome that FT problem elsewhere, and a few big dunks a game doesn't do anything to help that, just ask Blake Griffin who's basically back seated to a PG.

Thread
03-31-2013, 06:06 PM
I don't have a rear view mirror. My team is still moving forward.

Here's the reflection:::

Clipper Nation
03-31-2013, 06:07 PM
He's not dominant enough to overcome that FT problem elsewhere, and a few big dunks a game doesn't do anything to help that, just ask Blake Griffin who's basically back seated to a PG.
Bad example, Blake's free throw shooting has improved greatly this year..... he's not the main target for the "hack-a-big" strategy on the Clippers, Monkeyball Jordan is...

Latarian Milton
03-31-2013, 07:54 PM
not likely enough, dude already has 5 (more than any active player) so there's no reason for him to act that way imho, and his ego is so huge he would never accept a #2 or #3 role on any team. dude has to make sure he is da #1 wherever he plays. so when even the lakers can no longer afford to satisfy his greed and ego, he will have no other option but to retire

whitemamba
03-31-2013, 09:30 PM

agreed tbh, 17 years in and guy looks younger, its honestly amazing

ElNono
03-31-2013, 09:32 PM

this. I'll take another 2 or 3 Lakers seasons like this one, tbh...

UZER
03-31-2013, 10:28 PM
He said himself he's not gonna stick around and average *gasp* 18-19 points a game! As if that's a bad thing! On a team loaded with talent like the lakers always have, his legend would grow astronomically if he took the role as facilitator
/leader and won another championship.

But this just shows how selfish this dude really is. It's my way as the top dog, or the highway.

KaiRMD1
03-31-2013, 11:20 PM
The Decision part 2?

Baseline
04-01-2013, 01:07 AM
I think his statement came because Mitch told him he'd have to take a considerable pay cut if he re-signs. He will make over 30 million next year. While a pay cut may be obvious to the rest of the universe, you must understand that the only universe Bryant recognizes is the one revolving around him.

LkrFan
04-01-2013, 02:31 AM
Here's the reflection:::

:rollin :lmao :rollin

TDMVPDPOY
04-01-2013, 02:35 AM
why you clowns continue to listen to this rapist open his mouth, he knows he has a chance chase malones scoring total, why would he pass that up to retire?

we all know this attention whore wont quit

ambchang
04-01-2013, 07:23 AM
Lakers just need another distraction at this point of the season. Great move, Mamba.

Also, it's only right for the greatest #2 in NBA histor to end up #2 on the all-time scoring list.

silverblk mystix
04-01-2013, 08:07 AM
The retired rapist. Yes, he should retire from raping people.

Thread
04-01-2013, 09:25 AM
why you clowns continue to listen to this rapist

You've nary room.

Your Neal raped as well.

Thread
04-01-2013, 09:25 AM
The retired rapist. Yes, he should retire from raping people.

You've nary room. Your Neal raped as well.

da_suns_fan
04-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Kobes desperately tyring to stay relevant.

Thread
04-01-2013, 09:54 AM
^He's entered emeritus status, or, so he's convinced he has. & Media is cooperating, at least so far.

da_suns_fan
04-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Kobe does this...remember back in 2007 when he made his trade demands during the finals?

The media's attention was so consumed by the Heat's winning streak...Kobe HAD to do/say something get the attention back on him.

No one cares if you retire, Kobe.

Thread
04-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Kobe does this...remember back in 2007 when he made his trade demands during the finals?

The media's attention was so consumed by the Heat's winning streak...Kobe HAD to do/say something get the attention back on him.

No one cares if you retire, Kobe.

Well, the 4 year fog of terror had finally lifted. He realized he'd lost his prime's prime due to the rape. He didn't take responsbility, but, used that stark reality to go after the old man and castigate him for snoozing thru the preceding 4 years as Kobe came to grips about what had happened during the same span. If Bryant doesn't do that we don't get 15 & 16. Not every ring is rung on the court.

BlackSwordsMan
04-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Kobe TOSB can't win with a stacked team.

Thread
04-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Kobe TOSB can't win with a stacked team.

God, yer cute when yer sassy.

Latarian Milton
04-01-2013, 10:53 PM
kobe is like the protagonist in the old man and the sea, dude ain't gonna accept the fact that he's aging and has become weak, he'll just call end to his career rather than continue to play as a TOSB for another 3-4 years till his 40

dunkman
04-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Before retiring, Kobe will try pass at least MJ in total points scored.

Splits
04-02-2013, 12:55 AM

$129 million (http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-metta-world-peace-contract-opt-out-20130326,0,3319094.story)

BatManu20
04-02-2013, 12:59 AM
Before retiring, Kobe will try pass at least MJ in total points scored.

Kobe's going to pass him easily next season..