PDA

View Full Version : espn insider on NBA homepage

Cant_Be_Faded
07-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Has anyone noticed how all of a sudden, pretty much EVERY fucking article on espn is an Insider Article?

Its now completely pointless to even go there anymore!

theMUHMEshow
07-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Yeah...no kidding! It sucks...I started to go to SI.com a lot more.

Sense
07-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Indeed..I'm starting to hate Ford...

Horry For 3!
07-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Yes, damn Insiders!

2pac
07-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Shell out a couple bucks and you can read everything. You think Chad Ford writes for free?

2pac
07-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Either greedy or capitalists. If you can charge for something without alienating your audience - do it. It isnt like it costs a ton of cash. $40 for a year and you get the mag. The Mag is like 30/year anyway.

SpursChampsIII
07-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Shell out a couple bucks and you can read everything. You think Chad Ford writes for free?

Does ESPN not pay his f'n salary. He needs to write the G-Damn articles and share it with the world.

2pac
07-07-2005, 11:37 PM
Does ESPN not pay his f'n salary. He needs to write the G-Damn articles and share it with the world.

Why? Because you are too cheap to pay for it?

Internet revenue is much much lower than TV adds. ESPN needs to be compensated somehow to drive there being special content that is web-based. If you dont want the service, dont pay for it. If you do want it, pay for it and stop whining. It isnt like it is an unreasonable amount or that you dont get much for it.

SpursChampsIII
07-11-2005, 12:42 PM

Internet revenue is much much lower than TV adds. ESPN needs to be compensated somehow to drive there being special content that is web-based. If you dont want the service, dont pay for it. If you do want it, pay for it and stop whining. It isnt like it is an unreasonable amount or that you dont get much for it.

I shouldn't have to explain why, Chad.

JMarkJohns
07-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Isn't ESPN a cable channel? If you aren't getting it for free on TV, then why expect the site to give you the same content for nothing?

I do think that too much of their content is on INsider, but I don't really mind, being that I have an account.

Don't know what the rules of this board are, but on several others I frequent, those with premium memberships post requested or related content for others to view.

SpursChampsIII
07-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Isn't ESPN a cable channel? If you aren't getting it for free on TV, then why expect the site to give you the same content for nothing?

I do think that too much of their content is on INsider, but I don't really mind, being that I have an account.

Don't know what the rules of this board are, but on several others I frequent, those with premium memberships post requested or related content for others to view.

I'm not going to pay for what I can get for free...that's not being cheap, that's being smart. I buy what I want to buy.

JMarkJohns
07-11-2005, 03:00 PM
That's fine. It's actually what I was saying. Yes, too much of their content is premium. Does this site allow its members to post premium content? If so, then those who have it could so those who don't can read it.

I've seen this done on numerous message boards, although I'm a mod on a board that doesn't allow it, so it can go both ways.

Chances are those who have it would be willing to post the content if allowed.

jochhejaam
07-11-2005, 05:38 PM

There are plenty of free columnists and webnewspapers, sports websites and message boards around. It's not much money but I'm not gonna pay to read someones opinion. (If Kori starts charging I may make an exception)

I still go there to get live game scores, stats and updates of my favorite teams, I'm really not interested in or bothered by all of the "IN" articles

jochhejaam
07-11-2005, 05:49 PM
If you dont want the service, dont pay for it. If you do want it, pay for it and stop whining. It isnt like it is an unreasonable amount or that you dont get much for it.

I'm quite sure everyone knows they can or can't pay. Why get so upset (whine) because people don't want to pay for opinions? It's not like it's money out of your pocket!

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
07-12-2005, 03:10 AM
Heres my rant about espn

1.) Got rid of David Aldridge (I think him and marc spears are the best and breaking news)

2.) There high-def coverage during the NBA season is terrible, they showed every cavs game in high-def but not any spurs games. Then they came out with ESPN2 in high def, while ESPN shows very little in high def, not to mention, that espn2 high def is not available to about 90% of america.

3.) Im not positive about this, but if they make you subscribe to the magazine in order to read the insider, thats not cool ( I used to love reading all the chats back when I was in middleschool/highschool, now you have to pay 40 dollars)

MannyIsGod
07-13-2005, 12:33 PM
It's not worth it for me to pay for some jackass' insider shit. That's not being cheap, that just means I don't care enough to shell out money.

Have a nice day!

Kori Ellis
07-13-2005, 02:37 PM
$40 for ESPN The Magazine plus Insider for the year is actually a great deal. I love the magazine.

If you already have ESPN The Magazine, you can get Insider for free by just entering the info from your mailing label.

sickdsm
07-13-2005, 08:52 PM
The info on insider is usually crap to begin with.