PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Tony Parker is not...

Pages : [1] 2

midnightpulp
03-31-2013, 08:20 PM
clutch.

spurraider21
03-31-2013, 08:22 PM
:rolleyes

he's been a terrible closer for us all year.

timtonymanu
03-31-2013, 08:23 PM
Too bad the Spurs other clutch guard is made of glass and spends most of his time on the bench.

ElNono
03-31-2013, 08:23 PM
laid an egg tonight... you expect 4-10 from Danny Green, not Tony Parker... outscored by Norris Cole? Yeah, no

benefactor
03-31-2013, 08:25 PM
He's supposed to be the leader of this team and today he was outplayed by a kid in his second year. Shameful.

midnightpulp
03-31-2013, 08:26 PM
:rolleyes

he's been a terrible closer for us all year.

:lol The Heat's two best perimeter defenders didn't play, not to mention their best PG defender in Chalmers, they really have no shot blocking, and Parker was held to 4-13 shooting for 12 points.

This was a big game for the Spurs, and Parker once again wilted under the spotlight.

I almost want this team to get the 7th seed now, because I have zero confidence they can beat the Lakers (and yeah, the Lakers are getting the 8th seed).

BatManu20
03-31-2013, 08:27 PM
Eh yea it's a tough/embarrassing loss but Miami's repeating anyways. Spurs have regressed since the All-Star break and Miami's easily the best team in the league. It's Lebron's time. Let's just hope we get the Lakers in the 1st round so we can send them home.

thunderup
03-31-2013, 08:28 PM
I expected more out of Tony. He got thoroughly outclassed by the Devil's godson Norris fucking Cole.

AussieFanKurt
03-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Outclassed by one of the biggest scrubs in the league.. christ

Clipper Nation
03-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Elite PG Tony Parker's statline against Norris Cole....

4-14 shooting, 12 points, 8 assists :lol

Hey Spurfan, get in here and :downspin: this shit!

irishock
03-31-2013, 08:31 PM
:lol The Heat's two best perimeter defenders didn't play, not to mention their best PG defender in Chalmers, they really have no shot blocking, and Parker was held to 4-13 shooting for 12 points.

This was a big game for the Spurs, and Parker once again wilted under the spotlight.

I almost want this team to get the 7th seed now, because I have zero confidence they can beat the Lakers (and yeah, the Lakers are getting the 8th seed).

DAMN, Mid comes through with the truth

HI-FI
03-31-2013, 08:32 PM

there isn't any spinning. most of us (well some of us) have always had problems with him as our so called best player.

shit TDMVPDPOY was banned upstairs for calling him out on his heroball shit. well least i can start mentally preparing for the depression down the pike...

spurraider21
03-31-2013, 08:32 PM
once it was announced wade and lbj weren't playing, it was no longer a big game tbh.

:lol lakers
:lol parker has been pretty fucking clutch all season long. taking 1-2 games and saying he's not clutch
:lol if ray allen doesn't hit the 3 on us in november, Heatfan would be talking like you

Pelicans78
03-31-2013, 08:33 PM
Spurs go only as far as Duncan and Manu takes them. Can't rely on a midget PG to lead them to a championship.

BatManu20
03-31-2013, 08:38 PM
Spurs go only as far as Duncan and Manu takes them. Can't rely on a midget PG to lead them to a championship.

Danny Green* tbh.. as sad as that is.

spurraider21
03-31-2013, 08:42 PM
midnightpulp there is an official meltdown thread upstairs if you need to weep

ElNono
03-31-2013, 08:43 PM

Manu's fault, tbh

Arcadian
03-31-2013, 08:43 PM
laid an egg tonight... you expect 4-10 from Danny Green, not Tony Parker... outscored by Norris Cole? Yeah, no

Actually they both went 4-14 :lol

Funny how our backcourt is a weakness now.

midnightpulp
03-31-2013, 08:44 PM
midnightpulp there is an official meltdown thread upstairs if you need to weep

Not a meltdown at all. I call it as I see it, and the Spurs have been playing crappy basketball for the past month.

There's also Lakersground.net (which you're a member of) if you feel like being a homer.

Latarian Milton
03-31-2013, 08:48 PM
yamhead is probably the shittiest PG of any nba team's rotation, tony ought to have played better tonight tbh.

baseline bum
03-31-2013, 08:49 PM
Too bad the Spurs other clutch guard is made of glass and spends most of his time on the bench.

???? Green played 32 minutes tonight.

mercos
03-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Parker has been clutch all season. This was his first bad game since coming back from the ankle injury. When an opposing team decides to make someone else beat them and double team a superstar, the other players have to step up. Spurs role players did not tonight.

ElNono
03-31-2013, 08:54 PM
Parker has been clutch all season. This was his first bad game since coming back from the ankle injury. When an opposing team decides to make someone else beat them and double team a superstar, the other players have to step up. Spurs role players did not tonight.

this is the same baloney we've been fed for a couple seasons now... I know very few 'superstars' that get shut down like that, especially by the other team's bench...

spurraider21
03-31-2013, 08:55 PM
Not a meltdown at all. I call it as I see it, and the Spurs have been playing crappy basketball for the past month.

There's also Lakersground.net (which you're a member of) if you feel like being a homer.
you're the worlds greatest detective, tbh. as if that rubs it in or something :rollin

as you may or may not know, i live in LA, so talking Lakers is something I do pretty regularly

spurraider21
03-31-2013, 08:57 PM
this is the same baloney we've been fed for a couple seasons now... I know very few 'superstars' that get shut down like that, especially by the other team's bench...

this is true. i wouldn't go so far to say TP is a top 3 or 5 player in the league, but he's good enough with the team we have

DMC
Spurs played like the game didn't matter because the game didn't matter.

Ray Allen, Chris Bosh, Haslem, Chalmers and Miller are a formidable group. James and Wade sitting is a shallow gesture tbh.

Jt.ONE
bricking a potential game tying shot high off the backboard :lol

HI-FI
03-31-2013, 09:02 PM
Mexican Argentinian truth bombs. he's great for the regular season, but when it's crunch time, his tunnel vision always kicks in.

DMC
03-31-2013, 09:03 PM
Of course, I've said it before. Role players play like role players when the pressure is on. That's why they are role players. Danny Green is going to regress to the mean, and Gary Neal will flat out disappear. The Spurs are not that good, but most of the rest of the league flat out blows in comparison to the super teams.

There's almost no parity in the league now. You have a team of all stars in Miami and a team of all stars in LA (two teams of all stars actually) yet the West guys cannot get it together. This has been the mold for many years, the NBA trying to build a super matchup for the Finals. It's futile because popularity doesn't always stay in phase with ability, and the league's ability to manipulate the outcome of games is very limited. So what we will end up with, again, is a group of "meh" guys from OKC against the best the East has to offer. Now if they could only get Melo and Irving on the Heat, and get Durant to the Clippers or Lakers, there would be a show. As it stands, it's just a lot of hype and a huge let down in the Finals.

FkLA
03-31-2013, 09:24 PM
Meh, its a regular season game and the appeal of this game took a huge hit when The King and co. sat it out. Not a Parker fan but hes been pretty good this regular season tbh. Still waiting for him to step up in the playoffs though...his disappearing acts in the postseason are well chronicled. He was nowhere to be found in 14 of the last 16 quarters during last years backdoor sweep. PJax neutralized him all the time too.

FkLA
03-31-2013, 09:25 PM
He's supposed to be the leader of this team and today he was outplayed by a kid in his second year. Shameful.

Didnt you used to talk shit to me for saying basically the same thing upstairs? :lol

Trainwreck2100
03-31-2013, 09:25 PM
need that manu

benefactor
03-31-2013, 09:27 PM
Didnt you used to talk shit to me for saying basically the same thing upstairs? :lol
He deserves it tonight. Most of your upstairs Parker smack was just poor trolling.

FkLA
03-31-2013, 09:41 PM
:lol no, if I called him out about a piss poor performance Id get a response like this:

He spent the whole fucking road trip coming up big. Why shit on him after one bad game? It's not like they crapped the bed against some cupcake team and they still don't have Manu.

Parker just spent the whole month of February coming up big on the road. Giving him shit after one game is pretty lame tbh.

FkLA
03-31-2013, 09:42 PM
But it is what it is, Im just sitting back chilling cause I was right about Parker all along tbh. :hat

HI-FI
03-31-2013, 09:50 PM
But it is what it is, Im just sitting back chilling cause I was right about Parker all along tbh. :hat

TDMVPDPOY should be rebolded and allowed back upstairs following this playoff caliber performance.

benefactor
03-31-2013, 09:53 PM
:lol no, if I called him out about a piss poor performance Id get a response like this:
Largely different sets of circumstances...but I expect that sort of argument from you.

Brunodf
03-31-2013, 09:54 PM
Manu has always been the closer...But where is that OKC buzzer beater gif?

FkLA
03-31-2013, 10:02 PM
Largely different sets of circumstances...but I expect that sort of argument from you.

Parker just spent this whole regular season coming up big. Giving him shit after one game is pretty lame tbh.

UZER
03-31-2013, 10:03 PM
bricking a potential game tying shot high off the backboard :lol

:lol so true

Last point guard driven system that lead his team to a title....thomas, pistons 1990...fucking 23 years ago.

Edit: as a spurs fan I love Parker, but its to easy to shut a pt guard down in the playoffs unless you're one of the all time greats like Thomas and magic. Pop did this over and over to Nash, and then proceeded to hand the reigns over to Parker :lol

benefactor
03-31-2013, 10:31 PM
Parker just spent this whole regular season coming up big. Giving him shit after one game is pretty lame tbh.
The difference is pretty easy to see. This is just more purposeful dishonesty for the sake of shitty trolling...much like you do upstairs. You can take that bullshit back up there.

FkLA
03-31-2013, 10:39 PM
So if Parker comes up big all season but has a shitty game against an undermanned team its fair to call him unclutch? But if he has a great February and has a shitty game against a strong team he remains clutch? :lol

spursfan09
03-31-2013, 11:28 PM
Miami did a good job double teaming parker. It's part of the coach game plan to make the adjustment.

Thread
03-31-2013, 11:33 PM
It's not coming as easy for him. He's laboring to get his signature moves off, whereas in the recent past it flowed with the required effort and no more.

Latarian Milton
03-31-2013, 11:59 PM
tonight's parker ain't he best of him but i don't see the reason to blame him for the loss. spurs could've won it and they were very close to a W when they were leading by 1 with only 11 secs left. spurs were also having a rest tonight, which was much needed after the hard fight against monkeyball the other night.

TDMVPDPOY
04-01-2013, 12:20 AM
lol told you clowns this team will go nowhere with this fake ass leader, enjoy another playoff exit fellas...

HI-FI
04-01-2013, 01:08 AM
lol told you clowns this team will go nowhere with this fake ass leader, enjoy another playoff exit fellas...
you don't have to tell me. i knew as soon as he became our number 1 option, shit was not looking good. plus banging a teammate's wife invalidates your leadership status. fortunately we have a resurgent Duncan to anchor things down, but can't count on that forever.

jag
04-01-2013, 01:10 AM
:lol Full-blown retards in this thread. Starting with the TS.

Dude has been the most "clutch" player on the Spurs all year. He has a shit game and all the sudden the rest of his season is negated.

Sean Cagney
04-01-2013, 01:12 AM
DAMN, Mid comes through with the truth

So the truth is we can't beat the Lakers now? LMFAO, you again.

TDMVPDPOY
04-01-2013, 01:20 AM
i swear some of the idiots upstairs coming down here looking for sympathy....gtfo

saying his not 100% this game, so the other games b4 this he had no problem coming back from injury...dont pick and choose games with the injury bullshit

he got outplayed by a fkn scrub

irishock
04-01-2013, 01:47 AM
So the truth is we can't beat the Lakers now? LMFAO, you again.

The truth is that he's scared of the Lakers you **** :lol. Not because the Lakers in 2013 can beat the Spurs, but because they're the Lakers and you know Manu and Timmy are still haunted by 2004 and 2008.

Sean Cagney
04-01-2013, 01:52 AM
The truth is that he's scared of the Lakers you **** :lol. Not because the Lakers in 2013 can beat the Spurs, but because they're the Lakers and you know Manu and Timmy are still haunted by 2004 and 2008.

Why would he be scared of LA? They are not exactly world beaters this year by any means and all banged up as well! I doubt Spurs are still haunted by 04 and 08 now, the teams are not nearly the same and LA is just not that good this year, period. He can be scared all he wants, he is not the team fortunately. I doubt they would lose to LA this year, and I don't even know if LA makes the playoffs this year TBH so wait for that.

Spurs might not even get the #1 seed to tell you the truth, thats up in the air too so alot can happen.

TDMVPDPOY
04-01-2013, 01:57 AM
remember when clowns from upstairs were giving other mvp candidates shit

lol tp shitty stats against a scrub

irishock
04-01-2013, 01:58 AM
Why would he be scared of LA?

because I have zero confidence they can beat the Lakers (and yeah, the Lakers are getting the 8th seed).

-'Pulp

So uh, yeah. You ask him.

Brazil
04-01-2013, 07:31 AM
why have you done for me lately forum

jjktkk
04-01-2013, 07:44 AM
why have you done for me lately forum

Only takes one game. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
04-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Miami did a good job double teaming parker. It's part of the coach game plan to make the adjustment.

when was the last time the sperms let alone that fag pg made an ajustment? same old excuse each year

Brazil
04-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Only takes one game. :lol

pretty much

No denying that TP shit the bed this game against the Heat but this is by far is most consistent season and he has been pretty clutch all the year with great games against quality opponents so yeah of course a great defensive team focusing stopping him bother him, he is no Dirk 2011 type of player. At the end of the day he is still one of the best player of the league and for the price Spurs are paying him, fans should spend their time sucking his ass tbh.

midnightpulp
04-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Yep.

It's cool, though. I want this team getting the 7th seed, cause I just know given how mentally fragile Parker is, he'd shrivel up and die against the Lakers.

HI-FI
04-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Yep.

It's cool, though. I want this team getting the 7th seed, cause I just know given how mentally fragile Parker is, he'd shrivel up and die against the Lakers.

you should post this upstairs. a lot of them wish they were Erin Barry'd by him.

thunderup
04-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Yep.

You're going a bit too far there partner. The Lakers are easy work. Parker will choke against the better tier teams, if he does at all.

TDMVPDPOY
04-01-2013, 09:34 PM
why does he feel the need to take 3-4 consecutive team possessions and bricking them?

this team is basically done with this clown as leader

ElNono
04-01-2013, 09:49 PM
cementing his legacy

TDMVPDPOY
04-01-2013, 09:55 PM
i dunno whats worst for this hero, getting bailed by backup PG or gettin outplayed by scrub PG on the other team??

midnightpulp
04-04-2013, 11:06 PM
:lol Tony Parker being in the "MVP discussion" is as foolish as thinking Mitch Kupchak is a good GM.

TDMVPDPOY
04-04-2013, 11:08 PM
lol giving up

Clipper Nation
04-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Elite PG Tony Parker's statline tonight:

1-6, 2 points, 4 assists, 2 fouls :lol

Outplayed by the corpse of Fraud Fisher :lol

:cry "But... but... he's the best point guard in the league! TP > CP3! MVP... MVP... MVP!" :cry

Killakobe81
You're going a bit too far there partner. The Lakers are easy work. Parker will choke against the better tier teams, if he does at all.

Stop stealing Ty Lawson's shit ...

If we make it we taking at least one game if not two ...

HAHA such a low bar for my team ...

FkLA
Love how he magically started hurting so bad he couldnt play anymore.

thunderup

:cry "But... but... he's the best point guard in the league! TP > CP3! MVP... MVP... MVP!" :cry

:lmao

HI-FI
04-04-2013, 11:11 PM
mid dropping some truth bombs on both lakers and spurs lately. too bad Manu is made out of glass, least his pussy doesn't moisten up around this time.

Killakobe81

he is hurt ...but he STILL should be 1st team ALL nba to hear Spur fan spin it ...

LA with the starting ALL NBA back-court ...

thunderup
Stop stealing Ty Lawson's shit ...

If we make it we taking at least one game if not two ...

HAHA such a low bar for my team ...
:lol dumbass Laker fan thinking his team will one game against us

spurraider21
04-04-2013, 11:13 PM
:lol Tony Parker being in the "MVP discussion" is as foolish as thinking Mitch Kupchak is a good GM.

there was never a real discussion because LeBron is the obvious choice and nobody is even close. but there was a point TP was the clear #2. not that #2 was anywhere near LeBron...

Clipper Nation
04-04-2013, 11:13 PM
he is hurt ...but he STILL should be 1st team ALL nba to hear Spur fan spin it ...

Big whoop, CP3's been playing through injuries pretty much all year, yet GNSF still proclaims Parker as the superior point guard whenever CP3 has a bad game :lol

spurraider21
04-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Tony Parker is not.....

healthy tbh. clearly not himself

ElNono
04-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Something is not right with Tony... I know he can shit the bed, but he normally has no problem owning westchuck... it's Sefolosha who he has trouble with...

I hope he gets healthy because we're going to need him as much as everyone else...

lefty
04-04-2013, 11:15 PM
:lol Tony Parker
:lol franchise player
:lol MVP candidate
:lol owned by scrubs like Conley in the playoffs
:lol his only claim to fame was dominating b:lol:lolbie Gibson
:lol Boobie Gibson
:lol " dont criticize Parker, you are a haterz ! "
:lol upstair
:lol making excuses
:lol injuries
:lol playoff form starting to show

HI-FI
Big whoop, CP3's been playing through injuries pretty much all year, yet GNSF still proclaims Parker as the superior point guard whenever CP3 has a bad game :lol
crofl, blaming GNSF for shit takes. I bet more BNSF are on Parker's croissant. TDMVPDPOY was debolded for calling him out all the time.

Killakobe81
:lol dumbass Laker fan thinking his team will one game against us

YOu guys are better no doubt, but no sweep buddy ...

BatManu20
04-04-2013, 11:17 PM
If you've watched him since he came back from that injury, then you'd know that he hasn't even been close to the same player he was before it. He was dominating at the PG position before the injury, easily having the best year of any PG in the league. He's clearly just not right at the moment. Shit happens, you just gotta handle it as best you can and move forward.

TrainOfThought5
04-04-2013, 11:18 PM

Kawhi Leonard is going to destroy the old unathletic non defense, bad gambling Lakers.

hater
If you've watched him since he came back from that injury, then you'd know that he hasn't even been close to the same player he was before it. He was dominating at the PG position before the injury, easily having the best year of any PG in the league. He's clearly just not right at the moment. Shit happens, you just gotta handle it as best you can.

sshh how dare you bring common sense and logic to this thread?

DeadlyDynasty
Never been more confident of the Spurs not making the Finals. Props to Duncan for having a resurgent year, but even his good play can't swing the balance of a series when Frenchie's in playoff form. There's really only 2 players left worth respecting on that team (in a playoff situation)--maybe 3 if Splitter continues to improve.

Killakobe81
04-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Kawhi Leonard is going to destroy the old unathletic non defense, bad gambling Lakers.

You guys might not even get 1 seed, were you not paying attention? Especially if Pop goes in to his rest Timmy mode ...

thunderup
04-04-2013, 11:21 PM

I say sweep. It'll be a fluke if yall win one.

Killakobe81
04-04-2013, 11:22 PM
I say sweep. It'll be a fluke if yall win one.

We shall see but I call bullshit, you guys not as good as last year ...

ElNono
04-04-2013, 11:23 PM
Tony doesn't have any major injury (ie: Gallo)... at least that we know of... since it looks we're going to get the #2 seed regardless (and might be preferable seeing what happened to Denver), he should just sit him out and let him heal.

Sucks, because Utah or the Lakers are much more accessible than the Rockets. Harden will be fresh for the playoffs and he always been a handful.

thunderup
04-04-2013, 11:24 PM
We shall see but I call bullshit, you guys not as good as last year ...

The Lakers are a shittier team than the one we destroyed last year.

:lmao you actually think yall can get two games against us?

J_Paco
04-04-2013, 11:26 PM
sshh how dare you bring common sense and logic to this thread?

+1

The haters come out in fully force once their favorite punching bag - not named Bonner or Blair - struggles do to injury. Just gotta hope Tony can get right before the playoffs begin otherwise we aren't going very far.

Never been more confident of the Spurs not making the Finals. Props to Duncan for having a resurgent year, but even his good play can't swing the balance of a series when Frenchie's in playoff form. There's really only 2 players left worth respecting on that team (in a playoff situation)--maybe 3 if Splitter continues to improve.

I know you are fellow Bills fan, but that is a complete shit take. I guess Spurs fans shouldn't respect anyone on the Lakers cause they are a combine 1-8 in their last two playoff series. That Spanish pussy is right back in his playoff form (circa '04) getting owned by the Big German and Spanish monkeyballer in consecutive playoffs. See, anyone can make up moronic posts like yours.

Killakobe81
04-04-2013, 11:30 PM
The Lakers are a shittier team than the one we destroyed last year.

:lmao you actually think yall can get two games against us?

I said 1, maybe 2 ...

Yall aint the Heat and even they give up games. WE already beat you once one more is not mission impossible.

I like OKC, but you keep acting like an arrogant prick I will enjoy watching Lebron open up that rectum ...OKC has been good not great this year but shit we dont even have MWP to chase Durant ...maybe you are right ...sweep LOL

Suspect
04-04-2013, 11:30 PM
Spursfan quick to post stats of Tony Parker against opposing PG

where's tonights stats?

TrainOfThought5
04-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Spursfan quick to post stats of Tony Parker against opposing PG

where's tonights stats?

Quite frankly, the Classy fans of the worlds classiest franchise dont post injured player stats.

TDMVPDPOY
04-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Quite frankly, the Classy fans of the worlds classiest franchise dont post injured player stats.

the minute he played tonight was the same amount of minutes fisher played in the first quarter to get his 4-3s down...that was enough to call it a day from parker..

DeadlyDynasty
04-04-2013, 11:40 PM
+1

The haters come out in fully force once their favorite punching bag - not named Bonner or Blair - struggles do to injury. Just gotta hope Tony can get right before the playoffs begin otherwise we aren't going very far.

I know you are fellow Bills fan, but that is a complete shit take. I guess Spurs fans shouldn't respect anyone on the Lakers cause they are a combine 1-8 in their last two playoff series. That Spanish pussy is right back in his playoff form (circa '04) getting owned by the Big German and Spanish monkeyballer in consecutive playoffs. See, anyone can make up moronic posts like yours.

The Lakers last 2 playoff appearances have been less embarrassing than San Antonio's, despite their inflated regular season records. Both are 2-2 in that span. Lakers were swept once, but Spurs were backdoor swept and got 8. I don't respect your team at all b/c they are quintessential regular season champions and they no longer have a player or players that you fear going into the postseason. I pray to God you somehow retake the top spot so we can get on to MEM or LAC 6 games later

TDMVPDPOY
04-04-2013, 11:44 PM
lol the idiots upstairs saying they need MVP form PARKER, the same douchebag last season who was in mvp form heading into the wcf calling out the other frog looking turd only to be upstage...

FkLA
04-04-2013, 11:45 PM
^you wanna bet on that, DD ?

Thread
04-04-2013, 11:46 PM
The Lakers last 2 playoff appearances have been less embarrassing than San Antonio's, despite their inflated regular season records. Both are 2-2 in that span. Lakers were swept once, but Spurs were backdoor swept and got 8. I don't respect your team at all b/c they are quintessential regular season champions and they no longer have a player or players that you fear going into the postseason. I pray to God you somehow retake the top spot so we can get on to MEM or LAC 6 games later

Deads, gettin' his color sergeant on.

DeadlyDynasty
04-04-2013, 11:47 PM
^you wanna bet on that, DD ?

We scros, but you gotta put money up front for that, tbh...your credit score is low.

J_Paco
04-05-2013, 12:09 AM

Arrogant posts like that one will just make it sweeter when LAL is watching at home, while the big boys continue on into the next round. How does it feel to go from claiming championship (prior to the season) to just hoping and praying you even make it to the dance?

Oh, and getting drilled by 30+ during Phil Jackson's final game is way worse than losing to Memphis and getting "backdoor swept." At least the Spurs showed heart and didn't buckle under the pressure eventually resorting to bush league tactics.

FkLA
04-05-2013, 12:12 AM
We scros, but you gotta put money up front for that, tbh...your credit score is low.

We can do it through a third party. Kori or timvpimp tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
04-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Arrogant posts like that one will just make it sweeter when LAL is watching at home, while the big boys continue on into the next round. How does it feel to go from claiming championship (prior to the season) to just hoping and praying you even make it to the dance?

Arrogant? It was an objective post until the last sentence.

DeadlyDynasty
04-05-2013, 12:13 AM
We can do it through a third party. Kori or timvpimp tbh.

Sure, what did you have in mind?

FkLA
04-05-2013, 12:13 AM
three fiddy

DeadlyDynasty
04-05-2013, 12:16 AM
Ok, but you gotta ask timvp or Kori...they say it's cool I'll paypal them tomorrow (or whenever it transfers). Just to be clear: we're betting on the winner of a Spurs-Lakers series, with each of us backing our own team

DAF86
04-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Parker has been clutch all season long, tbh. The problem with him comes in the playoffs when teams pack the paint on him and his unreliable jumper starts failing.

J_Paco
04-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Arrogant? It was an objective post until the last sentence.

Arrogant, yes. You claimed that you don't "respect" - I'm sure the guys wearing purple & piss respect them plenty - anyone on the Spurs. Which is a ridiculously wrong thing to say. As much as I hate and loathe the Lakers and Kobe Bryant, I can't ever say that I don't respect him or them.

DeadlyDynasty
04-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Arrogant, yes. You claimed that you don't "respect" - I'm sure the guys wearing purple & piss respect them plenty - anyone on the Spurs. Which is a ridiculously wrong thing to say. As much as I hate and loathe the Lakers and Kobe Bryant, I can't ever say that I don't respect him or them.

OK, who deserves respect outside of Duncan and Leonard? Parker is too easy to neutralize in the playoffs. Like DAF said, just pack the paint, play physical, and knock him on his ass a few times and he's done.

FkLA
04-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Ok, but you gotta ask timvp or Kori...they say it's cool I'll paypal them tomorrow (or whenever it transfers). Just to be clear: we're betting on the winner of a Spurs-Lakers series, with each of us backing our own team

Yeah, thats correct. We should probably make sure your team makes it in first though, no? :lol

Parker has been clutch all season long, tbh. The problem with him comes in the playoffs when teams pack the paint on him and his unreliable jumper starts failing.

My nigga. :tu

D12
04-05-2013, 12:24 AM
:lol:lolSpurs about to be ousted 8 style

DeadlyDynasty
Yeah, thats correct. We should probably make sure your team makes it in first though, no? :lol

My nigga. :tu

Works for me....250 or 350?

Fpoonsie
OK, who deserves respect outside of Duncan and Leonard? Parker is too easy to neutralize in the playoffs. Like DAF said, just pack the paint, play physical, and knock him on his ass a few times and he's done.

Hell, that french faggot'll routinely fall on his ass W/O the oppositions help after each and every drive.

FkLA
04-05-2013, 12:25 AM
Initially put two but edited to three cause Im sure them Lakers dont stand a chance...will do 350 unless youd rather do 250. Either is fine with me tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
04-05-2013, 12:29 AM
I've got $1350 in the pot now in ST bets--all on the Lakers:lol

Have another one with mid, as a fan tax. I wish I could nix my DPG one, but the other 2 I feel pretty good about.

HI-FI
04-05-2013, 12:29 AM
a sensible and underrated post tbh. that's my biggest problem with Parker, he's very good in the regular season, but it's the same shit every playoffs. Once he can't penetrate, then he tries to flop more. Once that doesn't work, his heroball jumper becomes a serious liability. You can tell his game is off by his pouting. It's the same thing, every crunch time. He's gotten much better at facilitating this year, but I still don't trust him when shit hits the fan. I honestly don't know what the solution is. Nando seems better at court vision, ball movement, but TP's shooting touch >>>>> Nando's at this point, not to mention TP is quicker obviously.

FkLA
04-05-2013, 12:37 AM
I dont see how you can feel good about a team that is struggling to stay above .500 and whos best player is playing through all sorts of injuries tbh.

And the only hope we have with Parker, is to hope his inconsistent jumpshot gets hot during the OKC series. I mean its went ice cold for so many big series in the past that its bound to get hot at some point. Hopefully its this year.

TDMVPDPOY
04-05-2013, 05:53 AM
I dont see how you can feel good about a team that is struggling to stay above .500 and whos best player is playing through all sorts of injuries tbh.

And the only hope we have with Parker, is to hope his inconsistent jumpshot gets hot during the OKC series. I mean its went ice cold for so many big series in the past that its bound to get hot at some point. Hopefully its this year.

man his been a scrub all his life, has the league ran out of players to overrate and market then resorting to this clown
03 bailed by claxton
05 bailed by horry, ginoboli
07 bailed by boobie gibson

all 3 of them championship runs his been freeloading each round and gettin bailed out
then you look at the years the spurs didnt win during that stretch of 6years, he was the usual suspect to disappear in games...this clown has benefited and gain from hiding behind the other 2 players that he hasnt contributed shit, while the same shit always pop up with him in every series...

TDMVPDPOY
04-05-2013, 05:54 AM

man his been a scrub all his life, has the league ran out of players to overrate and market then resorting to this clown
03 bailed by claxton
05 bailed by horry, ginoboli
07 bailed by boobie gibson

all 3 of them championship runs his been freeloading each round and gettin bailed out
then you look at the years the spurs didnt win during that stretch of 6years, he was the usual suspect to disappear in games...this clown has benefited and gain from hiding behind the other 2 players that he hasnt contributed shit, while the same shit always pop up with him in every series...

DMC
04-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Tony is still nursing his ankle. His situation doesn't hurt the Spurs chances at the Finals. All this talk about him is hilarious seeing how he's been carrying the team with the best record in the West all season until he was injured.

midnightpulp
04-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Tony Parker: 2 points on 0-5 shooting.

Steve Blake: 18 points on 7-11 shooting.

This is precisely why I don't want to see the Lakers in the 1st round, Kirby or no Kirby. Parker shits the bed against the Lakers every fucking' time. For whatever reason, his nuts crawl up into his ass when sees those Purple 'n Gold jerseys. And I would bet my house that we could put that little French faggot in a time machine, send him back to '94, and Sedale Threatt would demolish him.

I hope he goes off in the 2nd half and proves me somewhat wrong (only way he'd completely prove me wrong is to perform well in the playoffs), but I doubt it. He's petrified of the Lakers.

Robz4000
04-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Luckily they won't be seeing them. Tbh Tony looks hobbled. It's the OKC game all over again.

TDMVPDPOY
04-14-2013, 10:54 PM
lol fagots from upstairs coming down here with lame excuses

when he came back from injury he played against the clippers, he beasted cp3, everyone was on his nuttsack...only for him to return to the scrub he is after that game...

mvp candidates dont have shit games against bench scrubs

HI-FI
04-14-2013, 11:02 PM
not shocked here. been saying this for years now. once he became our leader, we ain't won shit. he's real good in the regular season, but as the playoffs get near, he starts to choke.

same ole shit with him. gets frustrated, runs into traffic, shooting shit, pouts when he receives no call.

midnightpulp
04-14-2013, 11:07 PM
not shocked here. been saying this for years now. once he became our leader, we ain't won shit. he's real good in the regular season, but as the playoffs get near, he starts to choke.

same ole shit with him. gets frustrated, runs into traffic, shooting shit, pouts when he receives no call.

Yeah, between his choking and Manu's fragility, I'm just about worn out with this shit, and don't really even care what the fuck happens with this team in the playoffs, unless they prove me wrong and at least challenge for a WCF berth, which seems about as probable as Kobe shooting a jumpshot tomorrow.

TDMVPDPOY
04-14-2013, 11:13 PM
Yeah, between his choking and Manu's fragility, I'm just about worn out with this shit, and don't really even care what the fuck happens with this team in the playoffs, unless they prove me wrong and at least challenge for a WCF berth, which seems about as probable as Kobe shooting a jumpshot tomorrow.

i sont get how these 2 idiots get a free past for their bullshit for the last 7 years

while some guys dont get a chance and get shipped out...

spurs fake ass classy organization, every smart ass has already ran from the sinking ship

Clipper Nation
04-14-2013, 11:21 PM
when he came back from injury he played against the clippers, he beasted cp3

And even that was only because CP3 is scared of dem Spurs, tbh.... the Spurs are to CP3 what the Lakers are to TP, tbh...

ElNono
04-14-2013, 11:27 PM
:cry MVP conversation :cry

TDMVPDPOY
04-14-2013, 11:28 PM
:cry MVP conversation :cry

dont forget all-nba conversations, lol fake ass leader

Brazil
04-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Tony Parker: 2 points on 0-5 shooting.

Steve Blake: 18 points on 7-11 shooting.

This is precisely why I don't want to see the Lakers in the 1st round, Kirby or no Kirby. Parker shits the bed against the Lakers every fucking' time. For whatever reason, his nuts crawl up into his ass when sees those Purple 'n Gold jerseys. And I would bet my house that we could put that little French faggot in a time machine, send him back to '94, and Sedale Threatt would demolish him.

I hope he goes off in the 2nd half and proves me somewhat wrong (only way he'd completely prove me wrong is to perform well in the playoffs), but I doubt it. He's petrified of the Lakers.

I really don't know what you are talking about tbh, he played well against the Lakers this year and made Blake his bitch. This game represents nothing for the Spurs and unless you are on crack you can see he is playing banged up. He should have sit the rest of the RS imho, it's stupid to play him right now.

Oh and unless I'm missing something I don't see the french faggot shitting the bed against the Lakers, in POs or in RS he is putting on them his season average. Petrified :lol by Blake / Nash ?

midnightpulp
04-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Pick it up, faggot.

TrainOfThought5
04-24-2013, 10:00 PM
we all know TP depends on his speed and athleticism more than Gino so an injury to parker is proportionately more severe to his game.

wtbs, there is some truth in this thread.

BobaFett1
04-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Parker is way better than any Laker pg when healthy tbh.

midnightpulp
04-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Fuckin props, Frenchie!

Do it in LA now. Let's end this shit on Friday.

DMC
04-24-2013, 11:48 PM
If Reggie or Marv mentioned Laker injuries one more time I was going to turn off the set. They ignored all the Spurs injuries.

Arnold Toht
04-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Fuckin props, Frenchie!

Do it in LA now. Let's end this shit on Friday.

:lol Mid pulling a 180 after just 10 days

midnightpulp
04-25-2013, 12:33 AM
:lol Mid pulling a 180 after just 10 days

Glad to do it. I wanted him to prove me wrong. Thus far, he's succeeded.

jag
04-25-2013, 07:11 AM
:lol this thread

You know it's a bad sign when you find yourself on the same side of an argument as TDMVPBBC.

Thread
04-25-2013, 07:53 AM
If Reggie or Marv mentioned Laker injuries one more time I was going to turn off the set.

That's a straight out of NYC directive. Once Kobe went down the memo got writ. As soon as Gasol & Howard showed up in Game 1 and laid a double egg the memo was posted. They (Media) can't hold "Kobe" responsible, and they (Media) won't hold Gasol/Howard/Nash responsible. They'll (Media) wait till October and pick the scent up then.

Brazil
04-25-2013, 08:36 AM
I will wait road games before :lmao on the timdpoty and FkLA of the site. He was quite awful in the first half and then unload his shit all over the Lakers but he is still not 100%, he is slow at times but I liked the fact he is taking care of the ball and continues to take what defense is giving him. Spurs don't need 100% parker this serie but they will rely more on him in O for the games at staple.

Spurs9
04-25-2013, 08:51 AM
As usual a bunch of shit takes on ST. :lmao

TDMVPDPOY
04-25-2013, 09:10 AM
I will wait road games before :lmao on the timdpoty and FkLA of the site. He was quite awful in the first half and then unload his shit all over the Lakers but he is still not 100%, he is slow at times but I liked the fact he is taking care of the ball and continues to take what defense is giving him. Spurs don't need 100% parker this serie but they will rely more on him in O for the games at staple.

ur a piece of shit man, u bragging about good game 2 performance? 28pts? u do know those last 10pts came after blake was sub out injured right? the fake ass leader couldnt even stop or contained blake from gettin his +16pts in the first half, and ur here bragging about parkers performance? gtfo clown

Brazil
04-25-2013, 09:13 AM
ur a piece of shit man, u bragging about good game 2 performance? 28pts? u do know those last 10pts came after blake was sub out injured right? the fake ass leader couldnt even stop or contained blake from gettin his +16pts in the first half, and ur here bragging about parkers performance? gtfo clown

Shut the fuck up and learn to read. Im not bragging about anything.
:lol unbolded
:lol banned from upstairs
:lol reading comprehension
:lol ur, man, u, u, fake ass, ur, gtfo
:lol clown
:lol 27000 posts
:lol broken record

TDMVPDPOY
04-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Shut the fuck up and learn to read. Im not bragging about anything.
:lol unbolded
:lol banned from upstairs
:lol reading comprehension
:lol ur, man, u, u, fake ass, ur, gtfo
:lol clown
:lol 27000 posts
:lol broken record

cant even beat a scrub steve blake, lol fake ass mvp candidate

ohmwrecker
04-25-2013, 09:21 AM
No idea why people give dudes like Hater all kinds of shit when tdmvpdpoy exists.

Brazil
04-25-2013, 09:22 AM
cant even beat a scrub steve blake, lol fake ass mvp candidate

TDMVPDPOY.... do me favor... shut the fuck up and go suck a pussy its going to help you relax or a dick

I tried to help you fight your anger issue and it worked for a while, unfortunately now it's up to you buddy... you have to try.. cannot do anything more for you

TDMVPDPOY
04-25-2013, 09:24 AM
TDMVPDPOY.... do me favor... shut the fuck up and go suck a pussy its going to help you relax or a dick

I tried to help you fight your anger issue and it worked for a while, unfortunately now it's up to you buddy... you have to try.. cannot do anything more for you

dude ur not even right, and ur here trying to prove something?

Brazil
04-25-2013, 09:26 AM
dude ur not even right, and ur here trying to prove something?

take a pill and go to sleep

call Jacob, he will help you on Xanax

ohmwrecker
04-25-2013, 09:28 AM
:lol Blake Mamba
:lol had to play so far beyond his natural scrub state that he blew a hammy trying to keep up with an injured Parker
:lol tdmvpdpoy
:lol retarded

TDMVPDPOY
04-25-2013, 09:33 AM
:lol had to play so far beyond his natural scrub state that he blew a hammy trying to keep up with an injured Parker

ur fake ass leader....couldnt even contain a scrub pg

so why is he being pushed let alone the spurs by this injured lakers team?

ohmwrecker
04-25-2013, 09:36 AM
ur fake ass leader....couldnt even contain a scrub pg

so why is he being pushed let alone the spurs by this injured lakers team?

What? It's the playoffs. The Spurs are still in regular season mode and handily beating a Lakers squad that's playing better than they have all season.

TDMVPDPOY
04-25-2013, 10:12 AM
now the shitty lakers have no injury free pg to throw at this scrub leader

time to release that shithouse duhon who couldnt even beat an amateur player 1on1

another boobie gibson level player...

Brazil
04-25-2013, 10:28 AM
now the shitty lakers have no injury free pg to throw at this scrub leader

time to release that shithouse duhon who couldnt even beat an amateur player 1on1

another boobie gibson level player...

TDMVPDPOY, I understand being sodomized by your father when you were younger causes you to let out a bunch of pent up anger, but I'm gonna have to ask you to take another xanax and shut the fuck up

spurraider21
04-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Blake Mamba out of venom, tbh

TDMVPDPOY
04-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Blake Mamba out of venom, tbh

what happens if he wasnt injured? and continue to play the way his been playin lately....

so whats the excuse for parkerfans getting outplayed by a scrub...

ohmwrecker
04-25-2013, 10:42 AM
what happens if he wasnt injured? and continue to play the way his been playin lately....

Spurs still win.

whats the excuse for parkerfans getting outplayed by a scrub...

He didn't outplay an injured Parker and you know it.

spurraider21
04-25-2013, 10:51 AM

so whats the excuse for parkerfans getting outplayed by a scrub...

what happens if you actually decide to take your meds?

whats the excuse for still being absolutely retarded?

TDMVPDPOY
04-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Spurs still win.

He didn't outplay an injured Parker and you know it.

blake didnt outplay, but he manage to put up 16pts in the first half for a scrub, so why does parker allows his opponents to get theirs as long he gets his right?

midnightpulp
05-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Sigh...

racm
05-17-2013, 12:22 AM

jag
05-17-2013, 12:30 AM
You bumping another one of your retarded threads. Par for the course

midnightpulp
05-17-2013, 12:41 AM
You bumping another one of your retarded threads. Par for the course

Your favorite player isn't clutch. Deal with it, faggot.

jag
05-17-2013, 12:45 AM
lol you acting like a GNSF. You can't even help yourself. You're in great company with FkLA faggot. Although you bump your own threads more than he does. Nice job bitch.

Rummpd
05-17-2013, 12:46 AM
Uh Parker hit the key 3 pointer - he will dominate Conley and whomever Heat throw at him in finals unless LeBron thrown on him - a matchup he is now experienced enough to exploit. Parker is a finals MVP and BS to all the haters of the proven PG whom is much more accomplished right now than any other PG in the league with 3 rings along with that finals MVP.

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2013, 12:47 AM
the big3 was utter shit for game 6, offensive game was shit, play making and defensive duties was utter shit allowing the warriors to sniff that ass like they had a chance to continue pushing shit back in....

wouldnt be playing like this if gino and parker started constipating then holding that shit back in for 46mins doing jackshit

wtf is parker always in whoevers grill late on the switch when this turd runs under the screen,

then again alot of the wankers on this board usually forgive a shit cunts performance as long they show up in the crucial last play of the game to steal a win...

midnightpulp
Also worth mentioning is that _Jag's hate for me seemingly came out of nowhere, materializing after the creation of this thread. Now I understand why:

http://oi40.tinypic.com/j16frc.jpg

lol "All that is man."

racm
Your favorite player isn't clutch. Deal with it, faggot.

Leonard is, though. :hat

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2013, 12:48 AM
Uh Parker hit the key 3 pointer - he will dominate Conley and whomever Heat throw at him in finals unless LeBron thrown on him - a matchup he is now experienced enough to exploit. Parker is a finals MVP and BS to all the haters of the proven PG whom is much more accomplished right now than any other PG in the league with 3 rings along with that finals MVP.

thats what the wankers upstairs said in 2011

racm
05-17-2013, 12:48 AM

I like Tony but Conley ate his lunch, spat on his shoes, and took out Eva to a candlelight dinner just two seasons ago.

midnightpulp
05-17-2013, 12:51 AM
"You see, guys!? He's clutch! I can prove it."

Final possession, tied or down by no more than 3 points, which player should have the ball in their hands or take the last shot? Which player is more "clutch?"
Tony or Manu (For the sake of this thread we are not including Tim in this discussion)

According to Spursfan: Duncan and Manu (especially Manu) are the most "clutch" players on the Spurs. Tony is unreliable and not mentally tough enough to handle high-pressure situations. Fair enough. Let's compare the numbers over each player's career.

There are a few different ways to judge "clutchness" and people always argue over which parameters legitimately define clutch situations. That being said, I'm sure most everyone will agree that the most clutch situation in basketball is a game-winning or game-tying shot during the final possession.

Criteria:
- 24 seconds or less left in game (4th Quarter or Overtime)
- Spurs down by 3 points, 2 points, 1 point or tie game
- A made shot ties the game or takes lead
- Includes regular season and playoffs
- FTA include those taken while Spurs are down 1 point, 2 points or game is tied

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5813/tmcli.jpg

Manu is better at getting to the line - which has been fairly obvious. But other than that, I'm not exactly sure how he's a better option to have the ball for the last possession. Tony shoots better, distributes better and takes better care of the ball.

Final Totals in game-winning or tying situations:
Tony Parker: 30 points (two 3-pts), FG 36.8%, 7 assists, 1 TO
Manu Ginobili: 27 points, FG 25.6%, 4 assists, 4 TO

:lol at _Jag having a bigger mancrush on Parker than Kool has on Kobe (or Fpoonsie has on you).

jag
05-17-2013, 12:53 AM
:cry "jag hates me" :cry

Quit being an emo GNSF. I don't hate you, I usually just try to ignore you now. You became a laker-obsessed GNSF who doesn't know what to post about now that Culburn is gone. You pulled up a thread I started in 2009 to prove Tony is my favorite player? :lol

Your takes are shit and you ride an emotional roller-coaster going back and forth with your opinions. You're the quintessential GNSF.

Robz4000
05-17-2013, 12:55 AM
Parker shat the bed, but Tony did hit a pair of clutch 3's. That said, he needs to play better for the Spurs to sniff the Finals.

jag
05-17-2013, 12:55 AM
:cry "jag likes Tony. Look at these posts I found" :cry

You do realize I started those threads and made those posts upstairs to start shit with posters like Elnono? We have a friendly rivalry with parker vs Manu. And yes Parker has been my favorite Spur for a long time. You caught me :cry

ElNono
05-17-2013, 01:00 AM

You do realize I started those threads and made those posts upstairs to start shit with posters like Elnono? We have a friendly rivalry with parker vs Manu. And yes Parker has been my favorite Spur for a long time. You caught me :cry

I like Tony. He's one of my fave players, tbh... but good try, IMO :lol

jag
05-17-2013, 01:01 AM
I like Tony. He's one of my fave players, tbh... but good try, IMO :lol

Well Manu is one of my favorite players. What do you think of that?

ElNono
05-17-2013, 01:02 AM
Well Manu is one of my favorite players. What do you think of that?

Makes sense, IMO

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2013, 01:05 AM
whats worst

parker not showing up in games or,

gino fucking it up on last possession plays to win games?

cause these 2 idiots have a handful of stuffups that i have lost count since the shaq 3peat lakers era...

midnightpulp
05-17-2013, 01:05 AM

I honestly had no idea. I tend to skip over your posts since you're typically not interesting, funny, or creative, unless ThisPego is serving up grapefruit sized lulz for you to knock out of the park. I commend you for your work against him, but otherwise you're more invisible than Tony Parker in crunch time, offering the same bland "stating the obvious" takes that are the epitome of "vanilla."

AaronY
05-17-2013, 01:06 AM
Excellent debate

symple19
05-17-2013, 01:08 AM
:lol

:corn:

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2013, 01:10 AM
like i said, if you hater hating haters have nothing to offer to the conversation, take ur shit back upstairs where it belongs....

jag
05-17-2013, 01:25 AM
"You ignore me? Yeah well I ignore you too! And I don't like your posts either!!"

:lol "commending" me for taking a shit on Pego. Quit being such a beta faggot. You're like a woman.

HI-FI
05-17-2013, 01:28 AM
like i said, if you hater hating haters have nothing to offer to the conversation, take ur shit back upstairs where it belongs....
Parker will always have his defenders, no matter how much heroball shit he puts out. Least he scored that 3 and didn't totally shit the bed. That's the most we can hope for with Parker, just don't shit the beds in the playoffs. Least we have Kawhi to salvage his shit. Without Kawhi, we easily lose this one because of Parker and Gino.

I honestly had no idea. I tend to skip over your posts since you're typically not interesting, funny, or creative, unless ThisPego is serving up grapefruit sized lulz for you to knock out of the park. I commend you for your work against him, but otherwise you're more invisible than Tony Parker in crunch time, offering the same bland "stating the obvious" takes that are the epitome of "vanilla."

DPG21920
05-17-2013, 01:31 AM
TP with boss 3 pointers in the clutch though.

midnightpulp
05-17-2013, 01:32 AM
"You ignore me? Yeah well I ignore you too! And I don't like your posts either!!"

:lol "commending" me for taking a shit on Pego. Quit being such a beta faggot. You're like a woman.

:lol Even your burns are vanilla.

Seriously though, I don't think "beta" has been used enough as an insult in the year 2013. So once again, I "commend" you for being on the cutting edge.

AaronY
05-17-2013, 01:35 AM
Vanilla ice cream taking a beating itt..if you go a good brand like the whole foods one its pretty awesome..dunno wtf you guize are talking about..

DPG21920
05-17-2013, 01:40 AM
Aaron - how are you adjusting around here. I am not they type of mentor to just say hi and not put in the work. I am going to follow up and do everything in my power to make you successful. But you have to put in the work.

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2013, 01:41 AM
whats the chances of this fake ass leader not showing up in the grizz series, but spurs to advance, t hen he exploits the heat matchup in the finals to steal another lame FMVP that doesnt belong to him

AaronY
05-17-2013, 01:41 AM
Dpg is such a concerned citizen..so preoccupied with the welfare of others..God bless his heart..

jag
05-17-2013, 01:43 AM
:lol Even your burns are vanilla.

Seriously though, I don't think "beta" has been used enough as an insult in the year 2013. So once again, I "commend" you for being on the cutting edge.

Yeah it wasn't necessarily an insult as much as it was an observation.

I was in the process of shitting on you and you couldn't even respond without trying to take a little nibble of my cock. "I don't like you either, but good job shitting on Pego!"

If you have a better way to describe your behavior (other than womanly or beta) then please do.

I'm not sure what else I should expect from the guy who had a breakdown after Culburn called you out for being overly obsessed with the lakers. Your emo post in response (about how you'd let it take over your life) was awkward to say the least.

And you trying to steal mono's old shtick by calling other people's takes "vanilla" doesn't surprise me.

DPG21920
05-17-2013, 01:44 AM
I don't do it for the accolades, I do it because it's right. I have fostered over 299 posters in my day and all of them have graduated. I'll be damned if you are the first to fail, Aaron. No matter how hard you try.

AaronY
05-17-2013, 01:46 AM
http://shopping.yahoo.com/news/vanilla-ice-cream-taste-test-results-002501304.html imo..it really is great

midnightpulp
05-17-2013, 01:57 AM
Yeah it wasn't necessarily an insult as much as it was an observation.

I was in the process of shitting on you and you couldn't even respond without trying to take a little nibble of my cock. "I don't like you either, but good job shitting on Pego!"

If you have a better way to describe your behavior (other than womanly or beta) then please do.

I'm not sure what else I should expect from the guy who had a breakdown after Culburn called you out for being overly obsessed with the lakers. Your emo post in response (about how you'd let it take over your life) was awkward to say the least.

And you trying to steal mono's old shtick by calling other people's takes "vanilla" doesn't surprise me.

Covered the gamut of vanilla there, brother.

Declares victory for himself? Check.

Homosexual insult? Check.

"Quote" shtick? Check.

:lol Taking any of my conversations with Culburn seriously.

Yes, because mono is the first person in human history to use the word "vanilla" to describe something that is unremarkable and bland. I ain't telling you anything that you haven't heard before. You're the essence of cliche, the type of guy who tells his friends through facebook about how awesome the Hangover 3 was and favorites Harlem Shake videos on youtube.

Bet you have a twitter, too :lol

jag
05-17-2013, 02:02 AM
Yeah ok. Look, just try not to act like such a GNSF. And stop bumping all your old threads. It makes you look needy.

TE
05-17-2013, 02:07 AM
:corn:

midnightpulp
05-17-2013, 02:08 AM
Yeah ok. Look, just try not to act like such a GNSF. And stop bumping all your old threads. It makes you look needy.

If your hero plays like shit, this is getting bumped. If he plays great, I'll "commend" him.

That said, like I told someone else about Thunder fans burning Durant's jersey after last night's choke, at the end of the day, I appreciate every one of these motherfuckers on this team (aside from Bonner). No Parker, no 2nd seed (which wound up being huge). No Parker, no championships in '05 and '07.

MarioSpeedwagon
05-17-2013, 02:09 AM
Half of this forum is either people calling each other shitty and over the top attempts at edgy humor. It gets tiresome after a while. Basketball discussion makes up like maybe 1/3 of the posts

midnightpulp
05-17-2013, 02:10 AM
Half of this forum is either people calling each other shitty and over the top attempts at edgy humor. It gets tiresome after a while. Basketball discussion makes up like maybe 1/3 of the posts

Welcome to the NBA forum.

MarioSpeedwagon
05-17-2013, 02:18 AM
You're a shitty poster. There, am I fitting in?

Bill_Brasky
05-17-2013, 03:43 AM
Clutch 3's son, Parker with that shit nigga

HI-FI
05-17-2013, 03:56 AM
If your hero plays like shit, this is getting bumped. If he plays great, I'll "commend" him.

That said, like I told someone else about Thunder fans burning Durant's jersey after last night's choke, at the end of the day, I appreciate every one of these motherfuckers on this team (aside from Bonner). No Parker, no 2nd seed (which wound up being huge). No Parker, no championships in '05 and '07.

what's your hate for Bonner? he disappears in playoffs but not like Parker steps it up in the playoffs all the time. I wish Bonner wasn't so soft but he's done marginally better these playoffs.

FkLA
05-17-2013, 04:41 AM
_JaG is a huge Parker knobslobber. I dont even think Brazil gets this upset about Parker threads tbh. :lol

The funny thing is he talks shit about me or mid bumping our own threads but he was bumping my thread to 'laugh' at me every other game, which is the frequency at which a supposed MVP candidate decided to show up this series. There is plenty of evidence to support the fact that Parker disappears in the playoffs btw...his shot simply is too inconsistent for him to consistently play at an elite level. Its not that fucking hard to pack the paint on him and when that happens his shot is either hit or miss. The fact that he rarely has an impact in other areas when hes off makes me dislike him that much more.

FkLA
05-17-2013, 04:52 AM
For all of the shit people talk about Bonner's defense... well, Tony Parker makes Matt Bonner look like Bruce Bowen, without a doubt. The guy is awful on defense. In this series, they just threw the ball to whoever Parker was guarding and said, here, score on this guy... he can't D up on anybody.

Thats exactly what I said, this series was probably the worst stretch of defense Ive ever seen Parker play. Didnt matter if he was guarding Curry, Jack, Thompson, or Barnes all of them were abusing him tbh. Ask Parker nuthuggers like _JaG though. and hell tell you it was done to tire Parker out on the other end and that it showed how much attention needed to be put on him. Or something along the lines of 'its not his fault he cant guard players that are taller than him'. :lol

FkLA
05-17-2013, 05:29 AM
:worthy:

Brazil
05-17-2013, 05:59 AM
Fkla speaking with his troll :lmao

Brazil
05-17-2013, 06:01 AM
Mid wrong about parker

at least I'm pleased he doesn't have to find a new team, he is one of the most valuable spurs fan especially for his capacity to shit on lakers fans on the clutch.

FkLA
05-17-2013, 06:11 AM
Parker played well half this series and like absolute shit the other half. Hes the only 'MVP candidate' Ive ever seen that can prove his haters wrong by playing well half the time tbh. BTW this is my first post in this thread, I wanted to believe in Frenchie this season but it looks like hes resorted to his inconsistent bullshit in the playoffs per par:

Meh, its a regular season game and the appeal of this game took a huge hit when The King and co. sat it out. Not a Parker fan but hes been pretty good this regular season tbh. Still waiting for him to step up in the playoffs though...his disappearing acts in the postseason are well chronicled. He was nowhere to be found in 14 of the last 16 quarters during last years backdoor sweep. PJax neutralized him all the time too.

Brazil
05-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Parker played well half this series and like absolute shit the other half. Hes the only 'MVP candidate' Ive ever seen that can prove his haters wrong by playing well half the time tbh. BTW this is my first post in this thread, I wanted to believe in Frenchie this season but it looks like hes resorted to his inconsistent bullshit in the playoffs per par:

boiled down dummie, Parker is the leader of the Spurs and he carried his team to a WCF, that's mission accomplished for the Spurs and for him. He never had so many responsibilities in O and he delivered. Your Parker is soft card is ridiculous.
There is no disappearing shit in POs: he is doing what he is supposed to do so far, 22 ppg 6 assists 2 t/o wich is in line with his RS, he is banged up but doesn't complain and puts tons of energy every night, he spent GS serie to defend young taller guys and he stayed with his guys while carrying the load in O. He has been decisive on the pivotal games of the serie and showed guts. All that for 12 MUSD paycheck a year. that's a pretty good return for the Spurs compared to the rest of the league.

whitemamba
05-17-2013, 08:38 AM
http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/pics/8/2539/how-to-draw-casper-the-friendly-ghost.jpg

spurraider21
05-17-2013, 11:04 AM
:cry "jag hates me" :cry

Quit being an emo GNSF. I don't hate you, I usually just try to ignore you now. You became a laker-obsessed GNSF who doesn't know what to post about now that Culburn is gone. You pulled up a thread I started in 2009 to prove Tony is my favorite player? :lol

Your takes are shit and you ride an emotional roller-coaster going back and forth with your opinions. You're the quintessential GNSF.

didn't mid call Harden the best shooting guard in the league and Curry's game against the Knicks the greatest offensive performance of the decade? also pretty much had the lakers beating us in the series now dubbed as the sweep (sorry ClipperNation, our sweep was better). emotional roller coaster indeed. parker had several huge 4th quarters this season, and Mid put this up after 1 or 2 poor showings

AaronY
05-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Too much hyperbole and drama on these fucking forums sonetimes..from what I've read both mp and _Jag are funny, intelligent posters so its kind of lame to see them each trying to act like other is a worthless shitbag for whatever reason..same thing with that Jason Collins thread, DPG, _Jag, and Blake who are all funny intelligent literate posters sat around calling each other retards because they disagreed on some issue and wanted to make each other look bad..

FkLA
05-17-2013, 03:19 PM
boiled down dummie, Parker is the leader of the Spurs and he carried his team to a WCF, that's mission accomplished for the Spurs and for him. He never had so many responsibilities in O and he delivered. Your Parker is soft card is ridiculous.
There is no disappearing shit in POs: he is doing what he is supposed to do so far, 22 ppg 6 assists 2 t/o wich is in line with his RS, he is banged up but doesn't complain and puts tons of energy every night, he spent GS serie to defend young taller guys and he stayed with his guys while carrying the load in O. He has been decisive on the pivotal games of the serie and showed guts. All that for 12 MUSD paycheck a year. that's a pretty good return for the Spurs compared to the rest of the league.

Has he or has he not played well only half the time these playoffs? I dont care what his averages are. They were fine in 2011 as well but that doesnt mean Conley didnt make him his little hoe. Timmy has carried the team this far, not Tony...hes been the only consistent performer this postseason and so far the best player on the team for this playoff run. Im sorry but playing well every other game doesnt get it done, its not good enough to be an MVP candidate or a leader of a WCF team.

Brazil
05-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Has he or has he not played well only half the time these playoffs? I dont care what his averages are. They were fine in 2011 as well but that doesnt mean Conley didnt make him his little hoe. Timmy has carried the team this far, not Tony...hes been the only consistent performer this postseason and so far the best player on the team for this playoff run. Im sorry but playing well every other game doesnt get it done, its not good enough to be an MVP candidate or a leader of a WCF team.

Timmy is obviously key on what the Spurs are doing even if against GS Timmy has struggled on O and on D and saying he has the only consistent performer is foolish. Like it or not, this is Parker team.

MVP candidate is for RS, in RS before his injury there is no question about the fact he was in the conversation to be in the top 5, he finished 6th IIRC and probably would have finished a bit higher without his injury and Spurs loosing the second seed. So yeah his RS was good enough to be a top 3 to 5 MVP candidate. During these POs nobody is so far saying he is dominant or something.

Also like it or not, he is the leader of a WCF team, there is a reason why teams concentrate their O and D on him, if you take Parker out of the equation, you increase a lot your chance to defeat the Spurs. He was also arguably the leader in 2012 POs too.

Now before you go apshit again. Yes west is weak and we are lucky to go against a depleted laker team, GS is nice and all they fought well but they are a limited PO team. Real test will be Grizz. Yes he has been a bit irregular in his performance but at least he has been key / clutch and contributed on each and every game and played his ass off even if he is not 100%.
Considering the circumstances he has done what was expected no more no less.

Saying that, Spurs won't get a ring like that and I fear they won't pass Memphis (btw you pick the spurs to win, I guess you are confident than I am on his capacities). That's not a hit to Parker, he is just not a franchise type of player capable to bring his team to ring and guess what ? he is not receiving the kind of salary reserved for this kind of player. Now Parker 12 M is still better than the majority of the guys that have bigger contract.

lefty
05-17-2013, 04:21 PM
bah

We'll need everybody if we want to win the title

The great thing about game 6 vs GSW is that we won despite the big 3 not being dominant

Championship teams need role players to step up for them in the playoffs

FkLA
05-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Timmy is obviously key on what the Spurs are doing even if against GS Timmy has struggled on O and on D and saying he has the only consistent performer is foolish. Like it or not, this is Parker team.

How the hell is it foolish? Who else has performed well consistently in the playoffs? Certainly not Parker or Manu. And this has been Timmys team in the playoffs, he has been the best player and led us this far in the playoffs. For the RS you can say it was Parker.

MVP candidate is for RS, in RS before his injury there is no question about the fact he was in the conversation to be in the top 5, he finished 6th IIRC and probably would have finished a bit higher without his injury and Spurs loosing the second seed. So yeah his RS was good enough to be a top 3 to 5 MVP candidate. During these POs nobody is so far saying he is dominant or something.

Im aware its a RS award that wasnt the point. The point is when was the last time a top MVP candidate proved his haters wrong by performing well only 50% in the playoffs? Can you imagine if Paul, Rose, or some other PG did that...his RS MVP candidacy would be considered a farce.

Also like it or not, he is the leader of a WCF team, there is a reason why teams concentrate their O and D on him, if you take Parker out of the equation, you increase a lot your chance to defeat the Spurs. He was also arguably the leader in 2012 POs too.

If you take a starter out of the equation you increase the chances of defeating a team? Groundbreaking analysis there, Brazil. Of course Id rather have Parker over Joseph or Neal at PG...but that doesnt mean hes been the best player on the team in the playoffs. Or that hes the leader. Timmy is still the one turning in solid performances on a consistent basis.

Now before you go apshit again. Yes west is weak and we are lucky to go against a depleted laker team, GS is nice and all they fought well but they are a limited PO team. Real test will be Grizz. Yes he has been a bit irregular in his performance but at least he has been key / clutch and contributed on each and every game and played his ass off even if he is not 100%.
Considering the circumstances he has done what was expected no more no less.

You expected him to play well in the playoffs about 50% of the time and play some of the worst defense of his career? Im a 'Parker hater' and even I expected more out of him tbh. I expected him to crumble up eventually against physical competition but not against the fucking Warriors tbh.

Saying that, Spurs won't get a ring like that and I fear they won't pass Memphis (btw you pick the spurs to win, I guess you are confident than I am on his capacities). That's not a hit to Parker, he is just not a franchise type of player capable to bring his team to ring and guess what ? he is not receiving the kind of salary reserved for this kind of player. Now Parker 12 M is still better than the majority of the guys that have bigger contract.

So he is not a franchise type player capable of bringing his team to a ring but when he gets a bunch of MVP love and attention you have no problem praising him? So in other words when hes playing well you suck him off and when he falls flat on his face you just give him a pass because its not his fault hes not good enough. :lol

Brazil
05-17-2013, 08:08 PM
How the hell is it foolish? Who else has performed well consistently in the playoffs? Certainly not Parker or Manu. And this has been Timmys team in the playoffs, he has been the best player and led us this far in the playoffs. For the RS you can say it was Parker.

Im aware its a RS award that wasnt the point. The point is when was the last time a top MVP candidate proved his haters wrong by performing well only 50% in the playoffs? Can you imagine if Paul, Rose, or some other PG did that...his RS MVP candidacy would be considered a farce.

If you take a starter out of the equation you increase the chances of defeating a team? Groundbreaking analysis there, Brazil. Of course Id rather have Parker over Joseph or Neal at PG...but that doesnt mean hes been the best player on the team in the playoffs. Or that hes the leader. Timmy is still the one turning in solid performances on a consistent basis.

You expected him to play well in the playoffs about 50% of the time and play some of the worst defense of his career? Im a 'Parker hater' and even I expected more out of him tbh. I expected him to crumble up eventually against physical competition but not against the fucking Warriors tbh.

So he is not a franchise type player capable of bringing his team to a ring but when he gets a bunch of MVP love and attention you have no problem praising him? So in other words when hes playing well you suck him off and when he falls flat on his face you just give him a pass because its not his fault hes not good enough. :lol

Yeah right Tim didn't struggle at times during this serie against gs
http://www.sbnation.com/2013/5/17/4339328/tim-duncan-benched-spurs-warriors-nba-playoffs

u just want to find any failed argument to back up your hate. So now Tim in this po is still the best spurs weapon ahead of Parker.

tim plays amazing he is of course one of the main reason of spurs going in wcf but he hasn't been consistently good the whole games during these pos that's foolish to say

FkLA
05-18-2013, 02:47 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/2013/5/17/4339328/tim-duncan-benched-spurs-warriors-nba-playoffs

u just want to find any failed argument to back up your hate. So now Tim in this po is still the best spurs weapon ahead of Parker.

tim plays amazing he is of course one of the main reason of spurs going in wcf but he hasn't been consistently good the whole games during these pos that's foolish to say

He was 7-13 for 19 pts and had 6 rebs and 3 blocks in 32 mins that game. Are you really going to try to spin that and try to say that he sat out the 4th because he was playing terrible? :lol

Either way though, Ill give you that game even though thats BS and Ill simply ask you this...who has been the Spurs most consistent player this postseason ?

TDMVPDPOY
05-18-2013, 02:52 AM

lol ur fake ass leader disappearing while duncan was keeping the team in t he game in the first half only to disappear, without his effort ur fake ass leader doesnt have the opportunity in the 4th quarter trying to steal the lime light winning the game aka like that rapist kome

Brazil
05-19-2013, 08:40 PM

EVAY
05-19-2013, 08:52 PM

:toast

spurraider21
05-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Too much hyperbole and drama on these fucking forums sonetimes..from what I've read both mp and _Jag are funny, intelligent posters so its kind of lame to see them each trying to act like other is a worthless shitbag for whatever reason..same thing with that Jason Collins thread, DPG, _Jag, and Blake who are all funny intelligent literate posters sat around calling each other retards because they disagreed on some issue and wanted to make each other look bad..
True. Also, weird seeing a non-sarcastic post comin from you

AaronY
05-19-2013, 10:20 PM
"Purveyor of snark"..perhaps a good custom user title maybe..

midnightpulp
05-20-2013, 01:26 AM
Props to Tony :tu

The paint should open up for him next game since Memphis will probably commit extra effort to guarding the 3 point line after today's shooting performance.

HI-FI
05-20-2013, 01:48 AM
Parker played very well. Both him and Bonner were stepping up when it mattered most. Hopefully both can build on this.

FkLA
05-20-2013, 03:49 PM
The pattern continues. One game the fanboys bump these threads and the next theyre nowhere to be seen. Like I said Tony is the first all-nba, MVP candidate Ive seen that proves his doubters wrong by playing well 50% of the time. :toast Heres to hoping Tony becomes more consistent though, I want him to make me eat crow tbh.

whitemamba
05-27-2013, 10:18 PM
clutch

Bill_Brasky
05-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Tony is clutch tbh

Jeff Van Gundy
05-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Someone needs to eat crow in this thread

ezau
05-27-2013, 10:43 PM
clutch as fuck.

midnightpulp
05-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the game I have been waiting on for about 5 years. That "transcendent" superstar performance that wills the team to victory when everyone else is tight.

Parker is the fuckin' man. And I pledge here on out to never shit on him again.

I promise.

TE
05-27-2013, 10:55 PM
No mid you need to shit on him in the finals..shits working bro

LkrFan
05-27-2013, 11:14 PM
TP with the STFU mid goods. :lol

spurraider21
05-28-2013, 12:59 AM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the game I have been waiting on for about 5 years. That "transcendent" superstar performance that wills the team to victory when everyone else is tight.

I promise.

:tu

takes a real man to own up tbh. good shit

TDMVPDPOY
05-28-2013, 01:00 AM
:tu

takes a real man to own up tbh. good shit

u know it takes 1 game to change his tune

whitemamba
05-28-2013, 04:50 AM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

I promise.

TP with the STFU mid goods. :lol

He just prepares himself to not be embarrassed. Spends way to much time thinking about it.

LkrFan
05-28-2013, 04:55 AM

He just prepares himself to not be embarrassed. Spends way to much time thinking about it.A lot of dem BNSFs did det tbh. I'm too lazy to bump their posts though.

whitemamba
05-28-2013, 01:25 PM
A lot of dem BNSFs did det tbh. I'm too lazy to bump their posts though.

yeah classic spur insecurity.

midnightpulp
05-28-2013, 01:42 PM

He just prepares himself to not be embarrassed. Spends way to much time thinking about it.

Not at all. I get legitimately pissed when Parker has a breakout game and then follows those up with two or three mediocre games. Or plays well for 2 and 1/2 quarters and then fades late. It's frustrating because you want so bad for Tony to make the transition from star to superstar, which he's teased us Spurs fan with multiple times.

This series, it finally happened. 24.5 and 9 on over 50% shooting against the best defensive backcourt in the league who has the best interior defense in the league behind them. You can't ask for a better performance than that.

whitemamba
05-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Not at all. I get legitimately pissed when Parker has a breakout game and then follows those up with two or three mediocre games. Or plays well for 2 and 1/2 quarters and then fades late. It's frustrating because you want so bad for Tony to make the transition from star to superstar, which he's teased us Spurs fan with multiple times.

This series, it finally happened. 24.5 and 9 on over 50% shooting against the best defensive backcourt in the league who has the best interior defense in the league behind them. You can't ask for a better performance than that.

Do you expect him to put up those numbers against Miami? Spurs owned the Grizz, and TP played well, but i credit the series win more for the shutting down of Z Bo IMHO, thats was the real difference maker. He was the focus of the Spurs D (well done Pop) and it worked flawlessly.

midnightpulp
05-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Do you expect him to put up those numbers against Miami? Spurs owned the Grizz, and TP played well, but i credit the series win more for the shutting down of Z Bo IMHO, thats was the real difference maker. He was the focus of the Spurs D (well done Pop) and it worked flawlessly.

I expect him to have a good (maybe even great) series against Miami. They have no shotblocking and Chalmers/Hobbled Wade aren't better perimeter defenders than Conley/Allen. George Hill, a much less skilled PG than Parker, is averaging 14 points on 48 percent shooting in the series. Also worth noting is Parker won't have to expend much energy on the defensive end guarding Chalmers. He should excel.

Spurs don't match up too badly with the Heat, but the reason they're a big underdog is because they don't have Lebron (and if Wade returns to form, then it's lights out). Simple as that.

EVAY
05-28-2013, 02:29 PM

As I mentioned in another thread, Elias Sports reports that Tony's accomplishment for WCF is second only to Jerry West in 1972.

That is right. Tony had something like 98 points and 38 assists over the four games against Memphis. The only other player in NBA History with numbers like that for a four game sweep of best-of-seven series was the Lakers' own Jerry West, who had 114 points and 40 assists int e Laker's sweep against the Bulls in t4eh Western Conference Semifinals in 1972!!

That's right. Over the entire series - not one game or one quarter - the best since Jerry West in a four game sweep wasn't your beloved Magic or Kareem or Kobe and it wasn't LeBron - it was Tony Parker and you just saw it happen!

So you credit what you want where you want it...but the facts will remain the same.

And no, I don't expect him to put up numbers like that against Miami (if that is who we play) because Miami has probably the best pick and roll defense in the league today. But NONE of that reality takes away who Tony is today and what he meant to this team in this series.

EVAY
05-28-2013, 02:30 PM
I expect him to have a good (maybe even great) series against Miami. They have no shotblocking and Chalmers/Hobbled Wade aren't better perimeter defenders than Conley/Allen. George Hill, a much less skilled PG than Parker, is averaging 14 points on 48 percent shooting in the series. Also worth noting is Parker won't have to expend much energy on the defensive end guarding Chalmers. He should excel.

Spurs don't match up too badly with the Heat, but the reason they're a big underdog is because they don't have Lebron (and if Wade returns to form, then it's lights out). Simple as that.

Miami has superb pick and roll defense. Best in the league.

whitemamba
05-28-2013, 02:58 PM

Why are we even talking about George Hill, Miami is in the finals, lets not get carried away.As for Parkers Defense, spurs play team D, the hardest part of playing D for Parker is probably just chasing people through screens. Hes probably conditioned to do that. I agree, spurs do match up well to a certain point, but what will happen if lets say Lebron picks up TP, which is a possibility...

As I mentioned in another thread, Elias Sports reports that Tony's accomplishment for WCF is second only to Jerry West in 1972.

That is right. Tony had something like 98 points and 38 assists over the four games against Memphis. The only other player in NBA History with numbers like that for a four game sweep of best-of-seven series was the Lakers' own Jerry West, who had 114 points and 40 assists int e Laker's sweep against the Bulls in t4eh Western Conference Semifinals in 1972!!

That's right. Over the entire series - not one game or one quarter - the best since Jerry West in a four game sweep wasn't your beloved Magic or Kareem or Kobe and it wasn't LeBron - it was Tony Parker and you just saw it happen!

So you credit what you want where you want it...but the facts will remain the same.

And no, I don't expect him to put up numbers like that against Miami (if that is who we play) because Miami has probably the best pick and roll defense in the league today. But NONE of that reality takes away who Tony is today and what he meant to this team in this series.

Hey man, i do enjoy a good history lesson :toast I didnt bag on TP once, in fact I might go as far as saying that was the best series and game I have watched him play. But this was a defensive minded series, It was about who shut down who. The spurs had more weapons, and played better D period.

whitemamba
05-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Miami has superb pick and roll defense. Best in the league.

http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.com/2013/05/the-heat-completely-shut-down-the-pacers-pick-and-roll-in-game-3/

Give that a read, really nice breakdown.

EVAY
05-28-2013, 03:12 PM
http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.com/2013/05/the-heat-completely-shut-down-the-pacers-pick-and-roll-in-game-3/

Give that a read, really nice breakdown.

You're right. It was a good read. They (Miami) are better at defending it than most others. We (Spurs) are better at running it than most others, with more disguised setups, etc. than most. However, when teams disrupt our offensive flow by jamming our passing lanes and going after the pick and roll passes, we can look awful in a real big hurry.

It will be interesting to watch it play out, tbh.

Thanks for the reference.

whitemamba
05-28-2013, 03:28 PM
You're right. It was a good read. They (Miami) are better at defending it than most others. We (Spurs) are better at running it than most others, with more disguised setups, etc. than most. However, when teams disrupt our offensive flow by jamming our passing lanes and going after the pick and roll passes, we can look awful in a real big hurry.

It will be interesting to watch it play out, tbh.

Thanks for the reference.

Miami is a swarming defensive team. Memphis showed us that if you pressure the Spurs, and hound them defensively like the first quarter of game 3, they can be rattled, and dig them selves a big hole. None the less I still want to see a good/entertaining series. good luck stay classy :toast

Arcadian
06-06-2013, 10:46 PM
:lol "not clutch"

Baron Davιs
06-06-2013, 10:48 PM
another crappy take brought to you by mid

lefty
06-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Dat shot

Brazil
06-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Dat fourth quarter