PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs chances of winning a championship went down the drain...

Chris16
03-31-2013, 08:47 PM
When Portland destroyed them on their own floor. What #1 seed loses by 30 against a non-playoff team on their own floor?

DesignatedT
03-31-2013, 08:47 PM
Stop starting threads.

KaiRMD1
03-31-2013, 08:48 PM
I agree........ we've looked like shit the last couple of games. This game had bullshit calls but Bosh should not have been left open for that three and Tony fucked up. If we get the 1st seed, 2011 all over again and yeah, this is a meltdown folks but it's a meltdown that is rightfully deserved.

Chris16
03-31-2013, 08:49 PM
Stop starting threads.

Sorry, just frustrated. The Spurs had no fucking business losing this game, period.

Obstructed_View
03-31-2013, 08:55 PM
If it makes you feel any better, the Spurs' chances of winning a title depend on whether or not Lebron James suffers a season-ending injury.

spurtech09
03-31-2013, 08:55 PM
spurs don't look like contenders

Sean Cagney
03-31-2013, 08:57 PM
Spurs chances of a title left us in 08 TBH, last year they had somewhat of a shot and made a run, but that was their last hoorah TBH and the stars nearly aligned to get there. This team was not a title team this year, sorry get over that notion right now because they are not contenders anymore even if the NBA is watered down. Miami will knock anyone out who makes the finals barring injury.

Whisky Dog
03-31-2013, 09:02 PM
Amazing how many straight fucking dumb ass people populate this planet

jestersmash
03-31-2013, 09:05 PM
Stop starting threads.

rascal
03-31-2013, 09:08 PM
This game means nothing to their chances just like the lucky bounce win in the last game means nothing.

boutons_deux
03-31-2013, 09:16 PM
These Spurs, of the past weeks, will be lucky to get to WCF

This season, they can't even with the regular season championship

spurtech09
03-31-2013, 09:26 PM
Spurs chances of a title left us in 08 TBH, last year they had somewhat of a shot and made a run, but that was their last hoorah TBH and the stars nearly aligned to get there. This team was not a title team this year, sorry get over that notion right now because they are not contenders anymore even if the NBA is watered down. Miami will knock anyone out who makes the finals barring injury.agree Miami is just too good

SpurPadre
03-31-2013, 09:31 PM
If it makes you feel any better, the Spurs' chances of winning a title depend on whether or not Lebron James suffers a season-ending injury.

Actually, if Lebron does suffer a season-ending injury, they've bought enough players so even that wouldn't make a difference...except instead of sweeping the Finals, they'll just win it in 7 games, especially since we gave them Home Court advantage tonight. Bummer of a loss. It almost feel like we were eliminated from the playoffs tonight. Oh well, gotta dust off and move on...and hope for a miracle for the Spurs to emerge out of this.

Robz4000
03-31-2013, 09:34 PM
The Spurs' chances of winning the championship went down the drain this year when Lebron rang last Summer.

TheGoldStandard
03-31-2013, 09:35 PM
Actually, if Lebron does suffer a season-ending injury, they've bought enough players so even that wouldn't make a difference...except instead of sweeping the Finals, they'll just win it in 7 games, especially since we gave them Home Court advantage tonight. Bummer of a loss. It almost feel like we were eliminated from the playoffs tonight. Oh well, gotta dust off and move on...and hope for a miracle for the Spurs to emerge out of this.

Miami has employed enough players who want a ring they were willing to take the cut. We had opportunities to pick up some of those people in seasons past but they don't fit the "system". Tonight was just a horrid performance, the players didn't play with any intensity or courage. The Heat wanted the victory and there bench players wanted the minutes. If Lebron were to get hurt they'd have a harder time getting out of the East but yeah probably the same result. Shoot we might not even make it out of the West with these performances we're having. We can win one here and there but over 7 games we're going to be tip toeing the line.

daslicer
03-31-2013, 09:35 PM

Your fucking stupid you really are fucking stupid. If they lost Lebron to an injury they would be fucked just like the spurs would have been fucked if they lost Duncan to injury during his prime years. Miami had a fluke win tonight I doubt they could consistently win without Lebron and Wade for long stretch.

dylankerouac
03-31-2013, 09:36 PM
I agree!

Stop starting threads.

SpurPadre
03-31-2013, 09:40 PM
Your fucking stupid you really are fucking stupid. If they lost Lebron to an injury they would be fucked just like the spurs would have been fucked if they lost Duncan to injury during his prime years. Miami had a fluke win tonight I doubt they could consistently win without Lebron and Wade for long stretch.

Dude, relax. No need to be a fucking asshole.

shorttotry
03-31-2013, 09:42 PM
The meltdown here is insane. Yeah, the Spurs chances of winning it all are a longshot, but this game is not a reflection of that. I am confident that IF we make it out of the West, I like our odds.

200 miles
03-31-2013, 09:46 PM
That was probably the worst game I've seen Tiago played all season, tbh. Especially the penultimate play where he doubled on another Heat player, thereby leaving his man (Bosh) open for the umpteenth time where he drained the dagger.

TheGoldStandard
03-31-2013, 09:46 PM
The meltdown here is insane. Yeah, the Spurs chances of winning it all are a longshot, but this game is not a reflection of that. I am confident that IF we make it out of the West, I like our odds.

I'm not trying to be a dick but what did you see tonight that shows this result if we play the Heat at full strength?

Brunodf
03-31-2013, 09:52 PM
That was probably the worst game I've seen Tiago played all season, tbh. Especially the penultimate play where he doubled on another Heat player, thereby leaving his man (Bosh) open for the umpteenth time where he drained the dagger.
What? they switched, Green was the one who shouldn't be there

200 miles
03-31-2013, 09:57 PM
What? they switched, Green was the one who shouldn't be there

yeah, but still Splitter, having the size as opposed to Green to bother Bosh, had the best shot to contest Bosh's miracle jumper and I was just disappointed with his decision to leave him open

TheGoldStandard
03-31-2013, 09:58 PM
yeah, but still Splitter, having the size as opposed to Green to bother Bosh, had the best shot to contest Bosh's miracle jumper

Shoot Splitter should have been in the paint to fight for that rebound.

200 miles
03-31-2013, 10:00 PM
Shoot Splitter should have been in the paint to fight for that rebound.
Exactly. His last mistake was just one in a myriad of clusterfucks

Spurs and Mavs fan
03-31-2013, 10:01 PM
I predict this sort of talk will be gone by the time the Spurs have advanced to the WCF.....

TheGoldStandard
03-31-2013, 10:02 PM
I predict this sort of talk will be gone by the time the Spurs have advanced to the WCF.....

This talk will go away if we destroy Memphis or OKC on Thursday but for right now the wound runs deep especially with Wade and LeBron out.

BatManu20
03-31-2013, 10:02 PM
The Spurs' chances of winning the championship went down the drain this year when Lebron rang last Summer.

Brunodf
03-31-2013, 10:07 PM
yeah, but still Splitter, having the size as opposed to Green to bother Bosh, had the best shot to contest Bosh's miracle jumper and I was just disappointed with his decision to leave him open

Idk what you are talking about, the Spurs was switching in the PnR.

Johnny RIngo
03-31-2013, 10:37 PM
The Spurs chances were zero before the game. They were zero after the game. Nothing changed.

Sean Cagney
03-31-2013, 10:47 PM
The Spurs chances were zero before the game. They were zero after the game. Nothing changed.

I agree, huge fan and I am sure you are as well but lets be honest this is not a title team. You will see more of when the game gets tight a team running ISO and looking lost out there while the other team hits shots to pull even and then ahead for good, this seems to happen with about a minute or so to go in every game I watch. I know the Spurs win some close ones, mostly because they had a lead that they not fully choke away or they get a lucky shot to fall like Tim the other night against LAC, but their O gets stagnant late and that won't change in the playoffs.

It also doesn't help when you can't guard a last shot! That really sucks.

Russo21
03-31-2013, 10:55 PM
So do Miami get fined $250,000 for leaving out Wade and LeBron? WTF Stern

Johnny RIngo
03-31-2013, 11:03 PM
I agree, huge fan and I am sure you are as well but lets be honest this is not a title team. You will see more of when the game gets tight a team running ISO and looking lost out there while the other team hits shots to pull even and then ahead for good, this seems to happen with about a minute or so to go in every game I watch. I know the Spurs win some close ones, mostly because they had a lead that they not fully choke away or they get a lucky shot to fall like Tim the other night against LAC, but their O gets stagnant late and that won't change in the playoffs.

It also doesn't help when you can't guard a last shot! That really sucks.

We don't really have a reliable go-to guy now that Tim's out of his prime. It's why we're losing these close games. Parker's failed in that role time and time again. I don't expect him to step it up in the post-season unfortunately. Our best bet in the playoffs is to hope our three point shooter get hot and we blow teams out. If our offense stagnates, we won't win the close games.

TheGoldStandard
03-31-2013, 11:15 PM
We don't really have a reliable go-to guy now that Tim's out of his prime. It's why we're losing these close games. Parker's failed in that role time and time again. I don't expect him to step it up in the post-season unfortunately. Our best bet in the playoffs is to hope our three point shooter get hot and we blow teams out. If our offense stagnates, we won't win the close games.

Kawhi Leonard needs to go HAM

therealtruth
03-31-2013, 11:16 PM
The Heat's chemistry is really good right now after winning 28 out of 29 games. Meanwhile I think part of the Spurs problems recently can be blamed on lack of chemistry with guys constantly being shuffled in and out of the lineups. They've got to figure out a way to gel before the playoffs otherwise it's going to be tough.

Budkin
03-31-2013, 11:17 PM
Nope... losing Game 5 against the Thunder last year.

therealtruth
03-31-2013, 11:17 PM
So do Miami get fined $250,000 for leaving out Wade and LeBron? WTF Stern

The Spurs should get fined for losing to the Heat with 3 starters out.

shorttotry
03-31-2013, 11:19 PM
I'm just saying that all of us have witnessed this team at full strength and firing on all cylinders this season. Granted, that doesn't mean we'll have that in a late playoff run, but I'm just saying... We know it's there.

TheGoldStandard
03-31-2013, 11:20 PM
I'm just saying that all of us have witnessed this team at full strength and firing on all cylinders this season. Granted, that doesn't mean we'll have that in a late playoff run, but I'm just saying... We know it's there.

The biggest problem is we don't have time to wait for that to happen, some of these Western conference teams have amped up there play already and we're still in 4th gear and downshifting.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
03-31-2013, 11:40 PM
All of this overreaction from one regular season game? I know it's a bad loss, but the Spurs were swept by the Cavs in 07 regular season. Listen, tonight was a matter of the Spurs taking the Heat too lightly and the Heat playing really motivated to prove to everyone that they're good even without LeBron. It's no big deal, it's a fluke loss during the regular season, even the greatest team of all time lost 10 games. Teams lose games, no big deal. Granted, I still don't think this team has what it takes to win the title cause Miami is full of ring chasing pansies who are afraid of competing and earnings rings, but I'm not going to lose confidence because of one regular season game.

Kool Bob Love
03-31-2013, 11:43 PM
This game means nothing to their chances just like the lucky bounce win in the last game means nothing.

Thank You!!!

I would rep you if ST had a rep system.

Im not losing sleep over some game in march. Its whatever to me.

dbreiden83080
04-01-2013, 08:58 AM
They play to their potential they should be back in the WCF and we'll see what happens..

look_at_g_shred
04-01-2013, 10:01 AM
This place is already on suicide watch lol.. Can't wait to see what people will say if we lose against Memphis tonight..

rascal
04-01-2013, 11:39 AM
All of this overreaction from one regular season game? I know it's a bad loss, but the Spurs were swept by the Cavs in 07 regular season. Listen, tonight was a matter of the Spurs taking the Heat too lightly and the Heat playing really motivated to prove to everyone that they're good even without LeBron. It's no big deal, it's a fluke loss during the regular season, even the greatest team of all time lost 10 games. Teams lose games, no big deal. Granted, I still don't think this team has what it takes to win the title cause Miami is full of ring chasing pansies who are afraid of competing and earnings rings, but I'm not going to lose confidence because of one regular season game.

If you can't Miami at home with their best players out how are you going to beat them in a 7 game series with the title on the line? People are seeing the light that the Spurs are a great regular season team but not good enough to go all the way( that has been this team for the last 5 years- same core roster expect same results) and reacting with disappointment because they thought the Spurs had enough to win a title.

benefactor
04-01-2013, 11:49 AM

:tu

hommeaetage
04-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Realistically this team had a slim chance of winning the championship anyways. The way they are constructed without a clear go-to guy, they would have to play elite defense in order to give themselves a shot. Unfortunately this team is just an above average defensive team.

cjw
04-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Realistically this team had a slim chance of winning the championship anyways. The way they are constructed without a clear go-to guy, they would have to play elite defense in order to give themselves a shot. Unfortunately this team is just an above average defensive team.

Wow, Parker isn't a go to guy? He's worst case 2nd team All NBA this year.

bklynspursfan
04-01-2013, 01:26 PM
If you can't Miami at home with their best players out how are you going to beat them in a 7 game series with the title on the line? People are seeing the light that the Spurs are a great regular season team but not good enough to go all the way( that has been this team for the last 5 years- same core roster expect same results) and reacting with disappointment because they thought the Spurs had enough to win a title.

This same team without it's stars has won some big games too. Let's not pretend that what we saw from them last night is what we'd see if they met in the finals. Spurs were without 6 guys in Miami and it came down to the last minute. Do you really think Miami put 100% effort into that game? They just happened to get a big shot from Ray Allen to get them the W. We didn't give enough effort until the 4th quarter.

rascal
04-01-2013, 01:42 PM

The Spurs won a game by 1 point and a game by 2 points just before last night. The Spurs have won more than enough close games this year.

rascal
04-01-2013, 01:44 PM
This same team without it's stars has won some big games too. Let's not pretend that what we saw from them last night is what we'd see if they met in the finals. Spurs were without 6 guys in Miami and it came down to the last minute. Do you really think Miami put 100% effort into that game? They just happened to get a big shot from Ray Allen to get them the W. We didn't give enough effort until the 4th quarter.

The Miami first game was months ago, Miami is playing much better now.

rascal
04-01-2013, 01:45 PM

I see a Miami sweep if Miami comes in healthy if they meet up in the playoffs.

bklynspursfan
04-01-2013, 01:47 PM
I see a Miami sweep if Miami comes in healthy if they meet up in the playoffs.

Against that team we saw last night absolutely. But against the team that moves the ball, and had played defense the way they were a couple months ago, I think it's a toss-up. Better to get all this ugly basketball out the way now then in a few weeks.

jermaine
04-01-2013, 01:51 PM
When the Spurs became the Suns. Score as quickly as possible an forget rebounding an try to get back on defense. When Pop realized he wasn't going to play Aron Baynes an rather see Bonner play Birdman. When Pop decided to let Blair, not Baynes play against Javele Mcgee. When Pop started playin Diaw an Bonner together. Or Diaw an Blair together. Sounds bout over to me.

Sean Cagney
04-01-2013, 02:21 PM
The Miami first game was months ago, Miami is playing much better now.

I get sick of people mentioning a Miami game at the beginning of the year still! It doesn't matter at all now, NONE. This is not indicator we are close to them as a team nor was it at the time.

benstanfield
04-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Stop starting threads.

benstanfield
04-01-2013, 02:42 PM
I get sick of people mentioning a Miami game at the beginning of the year still! It doesn't matter at all now, NONE. This is not indicator we are close to them as a team nor was it at the time.

But their regular season win is a hugely significant indicator that they are the superior team.

Sean Cagney
04-01-2013, 02:46 PM
But their regular season win is a hugely significant indicator that they are the superior team.

This late in the year and with two of our stars playing! We were at home as well. I realize our game was close earlier, we still did not get it done and had a shot to win the game but ran out of gas in the end. Heat team is playing alot better now like some said, their bench is better than some realize as well. Most though their top two out yesterday would be a laugher! No, they hung in there and played great D and hit shots when they were supposed to (BS foul aside). Later in the year with 9 games left is more of an indicator I would say wouldn't you? That game was so long ago we played them, no team was in their stride yet at the time.

This game here with 9 games left at home is not a good sign, not necessarily doom and so on but not a good sign this late in the season to be playing that way.

And BTW if you don't think they are a superior team to the Spurs then so be it, I am not going to get my hopes up at all for this team as it usually leads in a big letdown in the end when a team figures them out and shuts them down (Like last year).

Johnny RIngo
04-01-2013, 02:52 PM
The Spurs won a game by 1 point and a game by 2 points just before last night. The Spurs have won more than enough close games this year.

We did not execute down the stretch in those games. Look at our last five games:

Against Houston, we had a 93-89 lead with a 1:20 remaining. Rockets scored seven points to close the game. We scored two points(both coming from FTs). We failed to convert the four opportunities in that stretch.

Against Denver, we had a 95-100 lead with a 1:08 remaining. We didn't score a single point in the remainder of the game. Denver scored four in comparison. This was a case of barely holding onto the lead.

Against the Clippers, we had a 96-99 lead with a 1:31 left. Clippers scored six points to close the game.. We scored five and had to rely on a Tim Duncan game winner to beat them on our own floor.

Against the Jazz, we had a three point lead with a minute left. We scored two points to close the game. The Jazz scored five to send it into overtime...on our own floor. And this is a Jazz team that sucks on the road.

Against the Heat scrubs, we had a three point lead with a 1:21 remaining. The Heat scored five down the stretch. We failed to convert a single basket.

We've been relying on a 37 year old Duncan to bail us out a lot of the time too...which shouldn't be the case. The fact that Manu has regressed into a liability has made these close out games even more difficult that they should be. Parker has also been VERY underwhelming since returning from injury. He was our clutch scorer this year and he's failed to make an impact in late game moments recently.

rascal
04-01-2013, 05:51 PM
We did not execute down the stretch in those games. Look at our last five games:

Against Houston, we had a 93-89 lead with a 1:20 remaining. Rockets scored seven points to close the game. We scored two points(both coming from FTs). We failed to convert the four opportunities in that stretch.

Against Denver, we had a 95-100 lead with a 1:08 remaining. We didn't score a single point in the remainder of the game. Denver scored four in comparison. This was a case of barely holding onto the lead.

Against the Clippers, we had a 96-99 lead with a 1:31 left. Clippers scored six points to close the game.. We scored five and had to rely on a Tim Duncan game winner to beat them on our own floor.

Against the Jazz, we had a three point lead with a minute left. We scored two points to close the game. The Jazz scored five to send it into overtime...on our own floor. And this is a Jazz team that sucks on the road.

Against the Heat scrubs, we had a three point lead with a 1:21 remaining. The Heat scored five down the stretch. We failed to convert a single basket.

We've been relying on a 37 year old Duncan to bail us out a lot of the time too...which shouldn't be the case. The fact that Manu has regressed into a liability has made these close out games even more difficult that they should be. Parker has also been VERY underwhelming since returning from injury. He was our clutch scorer this year and he's failed to make an impact in late game moments recently.

If you back through the entire year there are several games where the Spurs made a big shot to win. I am not going to waste my time going through the games to list them.

therealtruth
04-01-2013, 06:56 PM

Pretty much. Our chemistry has gotten pretty bad at this point when you want it to be at it's best. Meanwhile the Heat probably have their best chemistry right now.

Johnny RIngo
04-01-2013, 09:27 PM

One more game to add to the list after tonight's debacle.

Spurs up four against the Grizzlies with two minutes remaining. Grizzlies score eight points to close the game. Spurs only score two(free throws).

This team has been AWFUL lately in the clutch moments. Doesn't help that Parker went from one of the most clutch players in the league in the beginning of the season to Kobe Bryant level unclutchness since coming back from injury.