PDA

View Full Version : Sports Talk San Antonio

Joesteds
07-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Does anyone else in here absolutely hate Sports Talk San Antonio. Jeff Vexler just seems like he enjoys hearing his own voice, and will get onto anyone with a differing opinion. Lets just say it seems to me as though he has a bloated ego and doesnt deserve to have one. (Side-note: my friends dad met him at a golf tournament and said the guy was a total ass and everything was about him) Pasacrita is bearable sometimes but anytime I listen he doesnt say a whole lot and when he does he is just trying to be funny. I don't hardly ever hear him with any real sports takes. Maybe I am the only one, but let me know what you think...

Taco
07-07-2005, 12:48 PM
I Like To Listen To Them

Jeff And Walter Fight Like If They Were Married!!! :lol

BruceBowenFan
07-07-2005, 01:32 PM
I Like To Listen To Them

Jeff And Walter Fight Like If They Were Married!!! :lol

Taco
07-07-2005, 02:46 PM
jeff is a moron my ex-wife dated him when I divorced her he drove her right back to me begging to get back together what a loser i told her "the two of you deserve yourselves" :pctoss walter doesnt know his own ass from jeffs face hell the two of them deserve each other.

DON'T HOLD BACK

TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL :lol

Joesteds
07-07-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm very disappointed with the sports talk here. I am not a huge fan of local stuff anyway, but I now look forward when I go home to Houston so I can listen to knowledgeable sports show hosts. The Thompson brothers aren't bad but they try too hard to be funny also, and they just don't seem to have a deep knowledge source. Sportstalk San Antonio I think is just bad. Pasacrita couldn't even name the starters from the 03 team, and he is supposed to be a sports guy to the extent he has a show. My buddy told me that he was brought from New York where he was just a caller to a show there. He would call all the time and someone thought he was funny and brought him down here. And I have already said what I thought about Vexler, and he probably does think he is a huge hard ass.

SenorSpur
07-07-2005, 03:49 PM
I was in S.A for a few days both during and after the parade. I listened to Sportstalk so as to get my never-ending Spurs fix. They didn't have a whole lot to say. I got more enjoyment out of listening the the National Fox guys, Chris Meyers and Brian Cox.

It makes me appreciate the local guys I listen to up here in Dallas. At least they're fairly knowledgeable. We have two sports stations here in Big D - One is schtick-related (fun n games; wisecraking, high-school type stuff) and the other is the ESPN affiliate. I get more substance there.

Willinsa
07-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Vexler sounds like a nagging little bitch when he talks, I also hate Walter.
San Antonio sports radio sucks, it would be awesome if we can get a local ESPN radio station. That would be great, overall 760 is a weak sportstalk station.

mrcoon29
07-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Vex's voice does get on my nerves. I also get the impression that he thinks we should be impressed by him. Because Vex gets on my nerves so much I look forward to hearing Walter's voice when he gets a chance to open his mouth.
I'm a bit behind here..why did Don quit doing the show?? And you know what, there are entirely too many commercials on the show...well, that's actually a small blessing if I really admit the truth! :lol

GoSpurs21
07-07-2005, 04:30 PM
vexler and walter sucked so much they were moved to the morning time slot. I usually turn off GNR when those bozos are doing it. But the Thompson brothers arent much better. Those bozos tend to run with misinformation more than anyone else in the business.

I agree with SenorSpur
Brian (Spurs are softttt....hee hee hee) Cox and Chris (you are showing you ignorance once again Brian) Meyers are the best afternoon show. Even if the sports analysis is weak the humor of those two guys playing off each other is great. The show hasn't been as funny since the Spurs fans are no longer causing Brian to fly off the handle as much.

i lived in a suburb of Dallas for about a year (lewisville) Dallas sportstalk radio is awesome night and day difference.The times I go to dallas to support my customers doesnt agree with you statement. While there are 3 stations I can remember the only good shows were the national shows. The local shows only talk about local dallas teams. I dont give a shit about any of the dallas local teams, so for me the shows sucked big time.

rr2418
07-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Don't Walter and Jeff sound alike? I can't tell who's talking sometimes.
Anyway, ohhh for the days of Jay Howard and Laura Green!!!

2centsworth
07-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Vex and Walter are fine in the morning, especially considering what was on before.

Afternoons are painful to listen to. Are the Thompson brothers trying to break the record for most mistakes in a broadcast? Love their energy and music, but the stupid mistakes makes my skin crawl.

Kori Ellis
07-07-2005, 05:13 PM

:lmao

Walter and Vex sound nothing alike. Vex sounds similar to David Chancellor - they both have high voices. Walter has a very distinct East coast sound.

bpergrem3
07-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Walter sounds like an eighty year old grandma that has smoked all her life.

duncan_21
07-07-2005, 05:28 PM
I like the thompson bros when the sub in for jt the idiot. I didn't mind them when I listened to them off the internet during the spurs playoff run. But compared to the score in chicago they got nothing on chicago.

maxpower
07-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Well...I've come to the conclusion that local sports talk is what it is. I did the most listening this year during the Spurs run. I did not do so the last couple of years. It was unlistenable. Since the end of the NBA Season I have been listening to ktsa. I cannot stand Cox. I stopped listening to those 2 hours in the conference finals.

The Dallas Ticket is by far the best mix of sports and guy talk. They don't make jokes for the sake of making jokes. Their funny comes from the interaction between the hosts. They have distictive hosts with personalities which have substance. It's not a slight at the local guys...it's almost an intangible. They do have a guy who could probably be substituted for Vexler. Corby Davidson...heck they even look somewhat alike. Snake.

Ishta
07-07-2005, 05:58 PM
i lived in a suburb of Dallas for about a year (lewisville) Dallas sportstalk radio is awesome night and day difference.

OOOOKKK, just no Spurs :rolleyes

spurschick
07-07-2005, 06:17 PM
I absolutely hate Brian Cox and was glad that the Thompsons yanked him off early when they were in Detroit. I don't need a Spurs radio lovefest, but Cox was just bashing the Spurs without any real purpose except to be an asshole. Then he wouldn't take any calls from people in San Antonio when they tried to defend.

As for Jeff Vexler, perhaps I'm in the minority, but I met and talked with him at a GTG during the playoffs (Goomba's) and he was a genuinely nice guy. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though...

SequSpur
07-07-2005, 08:37 PM
If you don't fucking like it.

Turn it.

CalsonicKansei
07-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Fuckin' wafer.

Taco
07-07-2005, 09:28 PM
:lmao

Walter has a very distinct East coast sound.

When I hear Walter talk he reminds me of Gary from the movie Bachelor
Party

http://www.bachelorpartymovie.com/press_kit_cover.jpg

http://www.bachelorpartymovie.com/montage_tim_and_gary.jpg

"No Not her She Pee's Standing up!!!

Willinsa
07-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Anyway, ohhh for the days of Jay Howard and Laura Green!!!

JAY HOWARD- ARE YOU KIDDING ME. That guy was such as asshole and I was glad he was let go/fired. He would criticize someone then kiss their ass on the radio. He was a fat bald piece of shit, glad he is at ktsa where nobody listens to their Sports. :lol

As for Laura Green she was just annoying, I no longer watch ch 29 because of her.