PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Gary Neal

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
04-01-2013, 09:23 PM
for leaving memphis best 3 point shooter WIDE ASS OPEN
to let them tie the game and eventully win it.
ur the bestt

polandprzem
04-01-2013, 09:26 PM
The play he screw up most was on a fast break when he decided to pull up a jumper instead passing to an open Jax for easy layup

Brunodf
And for taking a jumper with 20 seconds in the shot clock on a 2-on-1 fastbreak when the Spurs had a 4 point lead, then Grizzlies scored on the other end and Splitter fouled out

J_Paco
for leaving memphis best 3 point shooter WIDE ASS OPEN
to let them tie the game and eventully win it.
ur the bestt

Not just that, the idiot also took a short jumper on a two-on-one fastbreak. He and Green are so fucking aggravating, man. Another shit loss and another nail into our coffin..................

And for taking a jumper with 20 seconds in the shot clock on a 2-on-1 fastbreak when the Spurs had a 4 point lead, then Grizzlies scored on the other end and Splitter fouled out

+1000

HarlemHeat37
04-01-2013, 09:29 PM
- Neal is a bad defensive player, blame the coach for having him on the floor in that situation..

- Neal definitely fucked up during his last stint in the 4th..the 2 on 1 with Jackson in particular..

- There is no offensive alternative on this bench without Manu..De Colo and Joseph can't create their own offense on a consistent basis, Green has no ability to create his own offense, and Patty Mills's flaws are virtually the same as Neal's..

Texas_Ranger
04-01-2013, 09:29 PM
still should have take the last shot.

TheChillFactor
04-01-2013, 09:30 PM
We put shitty ass players in these positions and then get pissed when they fuck up.

Mugen
04-01-2013, 09:31 PM
The missed pull up J and leaving Conley open sums up this year's Neal tbh.

Thread
04-01-2013, 09:32 PM
My rapist: 5

Your rapist: 0

spursparker9
04-01-2013, 09:34 PM

lol that funny

superjames1992
04-01-2013, 09:34 PM

:lol LOL! :lol

spurspokesman
04-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Low basketball IQ is garys major flaw. He can be a very stupid individual at times smh.

Josh810
04-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Not just that, the idiot also took a short jumper on a two-on-one fastbreak. He and Green are so fucking aggravating, man. Another shit loss and another nail into our coffin..................

http://i.imgur.com/XQvvwUC.jpg

TheGoldStandard
04-01-2013, 09:58 PM
I hate Gary Neal but yeah it's on Pop for throwing him out there.. I guess you don't need to know the system to play shitty defense and jack up shots.. A broken clock is right 2 times a day

Budkin
04-01-2013, 10:06 PM

http://live.drjays.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/antoine_dodson.large_.jpg

tmtcsc
04-01-2013, 10:09 PM
As long as we're spreading blame around, lets not forget Tony neglecting to pass to Matt twice when he was wide open. After the first time, I thought Pop told Tony as he walked over to the bench "Matt was wide open". A minute later, Tony missed him again and Pop just about had a melt down.

But yeah, Neal leaving Conley wide open was horrid as was missing Jack underneath the basket. Stupid, selfish plays. However, Neal did hit some big shots to keep us in the game.

Solid D
04-01-2013, 10:11 PM
+ Parker's hero ball the last 2 possessions wasn't exactly a surprise. Pop was about to blow an aneurism.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Chemistry!!! Bonner hasn't played regular minutes for how long??? Parker is just getting back into the swing of the game. Neal has been hurt and sitting. Chill out. We are banged up.

Man In Black
04-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Nothing worse than flying home from San Antonio only to be delayed at PHX Sky Harbor, by a battery issue on the flight recorder and then a pilot's broken seatbelt. Except for coming home and then going out to eat some Sushi and watch Neal piss the game away with bad decisions on both O and D.
You simply should know better. Clock management and value of a ball possession are pivotal in Pop's world. C'MON MAN!

J_Paco
04-01-2013, 10:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XQvvwUC.jpg

I understand that the team still has the #1 spot, but they've been floundering of late, Parker obviously isn't 100% and Ginobili is out again for an unknown amount of time. Timmy, Tiago and Kawhi are going to have to rampant it up another level if we want another shot at OKC and (hopefully) Miami.

As long as we're spreading blame around, lets not forget Tony neglecting to pass to Matt twice when he was wide open. After the first time, I thought Pop told Tony as he walked over to the bench "Matt was wide open". A minute later, Tony missed him again and Pop just about had a melt down.

But yeah, Neal leaving Conley wide open was horrid as was missing Jack underneath the basket. Stupid, selfish plays. However, Neal did hit some big shots to keep us in the game.

I would normally agree with your take, but since when is passing the ball to Matt Bonner in the waning seconds of the game sound strategy? I'd rather live with Tony taking those shots, he is our best player, make or miss then have to rely on "Mr. Melts-Under-Pressure" Matt Bonner. This loss falls on the shoulders of everyone, but Gary Neal's selfish, inept decision-making sealed the team's fate, IMO.

GrandeDavid
04-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Neal is done. Send him to the Raptors' D League team. Send Green as well.

Thread
04-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Neal is done. Send him to the Raptors' D League team.

You never gave him a chance. Poop fucked around with him until he pissed him off.

Basically done the same thing with Splitter, cept he isn't black & inherently militant.

I'll take both Splits & your rapist and give you Pau Gasol.

DapDaGenius
04-02-2013, 05:10 PM

Can't argue with you that.

hater
04-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Neal opts for a running 2 pt in the fast break with a wide open Jax. On defensive end doesn't help Tiago, and forces Tiago to get his 6th foul and 1. 5 point swing right there.

then he leaves his man wide open for 3.

this man lacks a brain. fucking forcing me to change my avatar :pctoss

TheGoldStandard
04-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Gary Neal is a product of the system, Pop loves undersized jokers who have low basketball IQ. He thinks of them as projects, things that he can occupy himself with while he sits with his arms folded thinking about cheese and wine.

spurraider21
04-02-2013, 05:54 PM
He wanted Neal to be his Brent Barry. He pretty much was up until this year when he went cold. People here will think I'm nuts, but I still trust him as much as anybody to hit a big shot. Not to get a big stop though :lol

TheGoldStandard
04-02-2013, 05:59 PM
He wanted Neal to be his Brent Barry. He pretty much was up until this year when he went cold. People here will think I'm nuts, but I still trust him as much as anybody to hit a big shot. Not to get a big stop though :lol

Barry was a 6'7 guard who won a dunk contest and came from a championship pedigree. I really hope Pop wasn't hoping Neal would fit that role because then he needs to go to a hospital to get checked for mental health issues.

Thread
04-02-2013, 06:33 PM
People here will think I'm nuts, but I still trust him as much as anybody to hit a big shot.

You just broke your cogent post cherry. Congratulations.

spurraider21
04-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Barry was a 6'7 guard who won a dunk contest and came from a championship pedigree. I really hope Pop wasn't hoping Neal would fit that role because then he needs to go to a hospital to get checked for mental health issues.

yeah, i forgot about all those huge slashes/dunks barry had for us. barry was a spot up shooter for us. in his san antonio seasons he usually averaged something like 5 field goals attempts per game, 4 of which were 3's. he would check in, spot up, and shoot 3's. he wasn't exactly a defensive presence at that age, either. Pop wants Neal to be that spark to come in and hit shots. i don't see why its such a farfetched comparison. unless you are comparing 1998 brent barry to neal as opposed the the barry we had from 05-08

Thread
04-02-2013, 06:41 PM
yeah, i forgot about all those huge slashes/dunks barry had for us. barry was a spot up shooter for us. in his san antonio seasons he usually averaged something like 5 field goals attempts per game, 4 of which were 3's. he would check in, spot up, and shoot 3's. he wasn't exactly a defensive presence at that age, either. Pop wants Neal to be that spark to come in and hit shots. i don't see why its such a farfetched comparison. unless you are comparing 1998 brent barry to neal as opposed the the barry we had from 05-08

How bout the Barry you had that hopped into bed with Parker and let Tony watch.

spurraider21
04-02-2013, 06:46 PM
How bout the Barry you had that hopped into bed with Parker and let Tony watch.

didn't shannon brown bang pau's girl too?

edit: You've nary room. Shannon brown banged Pau's girl too.

TheSkeptic
04-02-2013, 07:08 PM
You never gave him a chance. Poop fucked around with him until he pissed him off.

Basically done the same thing with Splitter, cept he isn't black & inherently militant.

I'll take both Splits & your rapist and give you Pau Gasol.

That that downstairs please.

I understand that the team still has the #1 spot, but they've been floundering of late, Parker obviously isn't 100% and Ginobili is out again for an unknown amount of time. Timmy, Tiago and Kawhi are going to have to rampant it up another level if we want another shot at OKC and (hopefully) Miami.

I would normally agree with your take, but since when is passing the ball to Matt Bonner in the waning seconds of the game sound strategy? I'd rather live with Tony taking those shots, he is our best player, make or miss then have to rely on "Mr. Melts-Under-Pressure" Matt Bonner. This loss falls on the shoulders of everyone, but Gary Neal's selfish, inept decision-making sealed the team's fate, IMO.

This. We're in so much trouble if we're depending on Neal or Bonner to do anything to be honest. That bit of chucking has left a bitter taste in my mouth because for all the things that went wrong Gary was the one who snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Friggin ridiculous. The frontcourt has been fabulous but in light of the alternative, they're going to have to shoulder more of the load. Anything Green does can be a bonus.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Is Gary Neal turning out to be the second coming of Roger Mason Jr?

TJastal
04-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Gary Neal is a product of the system, Pop loves undersized jokers who have low basketball IQ. He thinks of them as projects, things that he can occupy himself with while he sits with his arms folded thinking about cheese and wine.

:lmao