PDA

View Full Version : cojo is needed/missed

playblair
04-01-2013, 09:26 PM
3rd best defender on the team (kawhi duncan)......................

cojo defense >>>>>> green/neal defense ................

Mal
04-02-2013, 01:44 AM
CoJo sucks. He had his chances, but DeColo won his job.

Spurs da champs
04-02-2013, 02:04 AM
In his opportunity minutes; Joseph was nonexistent. Both Joseph & De Colo are just so bad. The back up PG situation along with resigning Tiago has to be a major point of emphasis in the off season.

spurraider21
04-02-2013, 04:32 AM
CoJo was pretty invisible offensively. Wasn't really explosive off the dribble, wasn't really getting penetration. Played good D, I'll give him that, but Nando brings more offense. With our bench struggling to score, and with Manu out, its a given Nando will get backup pg minutes. CoJo needs to develop a Mike Conley-esque offensive game. I'm glad he got experience during TP's absense, but his D-league dominance isn't really reflected in his game. Granted, he does look FAR more comfortable out there than he did last season, but he's not a floor general at all. At least Nando runs the offense when he's out there.

TrainOfThought5
04-02-2013, 05:18 AM
I think if Cojo keeps developing he'll be pretty darn good next year.

cd98
04-02-2013, 07:13 AM
Should have put Joseph on Conley for that last play.

Mal
04-02-2013, 07:21 AM
I think if Cojo keeps developing he'll be pretty darn good next year.

In 3 seasons, he didnt won backup backup PG role. Are u f kiddin me ?

elemento
04-02-2013, 08:31 AM

It's Cojo's 2nd season and he came to the league as a freshman out of college. Stop the hate and be patient.

It took Splitter 3 years to be integral part of the rotation and he was already a damn good player in Europe. Not to mention that he was 27 y/o already.

jjktkk
04-02-2013, 09:12 AM
CoJo was pretty invisible offensively. Wasn't really explosive off the dribble, wasn't really getting penetration. Played good D, I'll give him that, but Nando brings more offense. With our bench struggling to score, and with Manu out, its a given Nando will get backup pg minutes. CoJo needs to develop a Mike Conley-esque offensive game. I'm glad he got experience during TP's absense, but his D-league dominance isn't really reflected in his game. Granted, he does look FAR more comfortable out there than he did last season, but he's not a floor general at all. At least Nando runs the offense when he's out there.

Agree. The only thing holding Cojo back his offense, or lack there of. Still a young guy, and still a work in progress, so I'm hoping he can continue to develop in the offseason.

TrainOfThought5
04-02-2013, 11:07 AM

LMAO i started to embarass you but i see elemento has already corrected your mistake and squared you away. teamwork makes the dream work, tbh.

Spur|n|Austin
04-02-2013, 11:41 AM
He's 21, he has plenty of time to develop, but at this point DeColo is the better backup PG.

Mal
04-02-2013, 12:04 PM
It's Cojo's 2nd season and he came to the league as a freshman out of college. Stop the hate and be patient.

It took Splitter 3 years to be integral part of the rotation and he was already a damn good player in Europe. Not to mention that he was 27 y/o already.

yeah, but look who he lost his potential job to. De Colo who is rookie, and wasnt even a point guard back in Europe, and Neal, who definetly isnt a PG.

Mal
04-02-2013, 12:05 PM
LMAO i started to embarass you but i see elemento has already corrected your mistake and squared you away. teamwork makes the dream work, tbh.

De Colo and Neal are playing in same team. He lost his job, because he sucks.

Brunodf
04-02-2013, 03:30 PM
He is better than Neal...

elemento
04-02-2013, 04:54 PM
yeah, but look who he lost his potential job to. De Colo who is rookie, and wasnt even a point guard back in Europe, and Neal, who definetly isnt a PG.

Nando is a rookie in the NBA, but he was a vet in Europe. He is 4 years older than Cojo and has plenty of experience, including with the French NT. Cojo losing the backup PG job to him or Neal (who's Pop's favorite even though he is not a PG) means nothing at this point.

Cojo is very young and he is still improving. As I said, be patient. Cojo may not be ready now, but he has showed some nice flashes, especially defensively.

hater
04-02-2013, 05:06 PM
sad to say but he did get his chance to get the backup position when Parker went down. He even started 1 or 2 games. Didn't really show much and was outplayed by Nando. Sorry COJO fans. Dude's not ready

TheGoldStandard
04-02-2013, 05:47 PM
When you're expecting your backup PG to be a scoring threat you're in trouble, the position is meant to distribute the ball and create not necessarily put up points and this is the problem with Spurs thinking and that's why Gary Neal gets run. Pop doesn't run plays for anyone on that team outside of the big 3 and it shows they're stagnant when none of them are in the game and they defer and depend too much when they're on the floor. The only person who will attempt to score is Gary Neal because he doesn't care, he's jack up 40 foot jump shots if he could but that would get him shanked for sure. Jax will show flashes here and there but for the most part he is resigned to shooting rainbow 3's and Tiago rarely gets a touch when he's in the low block just because nobody trusts him but they don't trust him because he doesn't get touches.