PDA

View Full Version : How does Pop handle the lineups v ORL/OKC?

Mugen
04-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Upcoming b2b. The Thunder game is obviously a pretty big game. Who does Pop sit and what game?

I'd play Kawhi/TD/TP in the ORL game and wouldn't mind if Pop rested all 3 against the Thunder tbh. Spurs probably split these games regardless, might as well go for the sure win.

bklynspursfan
04-01-2013, 10:08 PM
I'd rest TP against Orlando & give him 2 days off for OKC. TD/Kawhi should be able to play b2b

Robz4000
04-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Sit TP and TD. Orlando is in full on tank mode these days, and have shut down all their big guns outside of Vucevic and Harris. If Kawhi, Splitter, and the bench can't get a win here, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs, much less get the number one seed.

ElNono
04-01-2013, 10:12 PM
IMO, Pop is sitting Tony against Orlando and playing TD/Kawhi... then he'll rest TD/Kawhi against OKC... I don't think he gives that much of a shit about the #1 seed as he does about having TD/Kawhi healthy for the playoffs.

Although if the team manages a big lead against Orlando, he might limit TD/Kawhi and let them play against OKC.

spurraider21
04-01-2013, 10:14 PM
These last 2 losses won't matter if we can beat OKC. Assuming we beat Orlando, a win against OKC puts us 2 games ahead of them and clinches the tiebreaker, which essentially puts us 3 games ahead

HarlemHeat37
04-01-2013, 10:20 PM
As absurd as it is, considering they are a shitty team, it wouldn't surprise me if Pop is scared of LA, tbh..

crc21209
04-01-2013, 10:21 PM
I would rest TD and TP for the Orlando game, and maybe Kawhi. Then I would play everyone on Thursday...

spurs1990
04-01-2013, 10:22 PM
As absurd as it is, considering they are a shitty team, it wouldn't surprise me if Pop is scared of LA, tbh..

Again I'd prefer Houston, but at the end of the day playing Bryant in his (potentially) next to last playoff season is a good incentive for me. Plus getting every game on ABC for a change wouldn't suck.

crc21209
04-01-2013, 10:24 PM
If the Spurs can take that game Thursday in OKC, I think they hold onto the 1 seed. OKC has a back to back after the Spurs game in Indiana. Indiana could give them a good game...

dbreiden83080
04-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Sit TP and TD maybe play Kawhi for Orlando...

Budkin
04-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Upcoming b2b. The Thunder game is obviously a pretty big game. Who does Pop sit and what game?

I'd play Kawhi/TD/TP in the ORL game and wouldn't mind if Pop rested all 3 against the Thunder tbh. Spurs probably split these games regardless, might as well go for the sure win.

Rest Timmy against Orlando and play everyone the next night. If we lose to OKC then our chances to retake the top seed are not good.

Mugen
04-01-2013, 10:34 PM
IMO, Pop is sitting Tony against Orlando and playing TD/Kawhi... then he'll rest TD/Kawhi against OKC... I don't think he gives that much of a shit about the #1 seed as he does about having TD/Kawhi healthy for the playoffs.

Although if the team manages a big lead against Orlando, he might limit TD/Kawhi and let them play against OKC.

Agreed. Most likely scenario, IMO.

Not that absurd considering Pop has always been afraid of LA tbh. The outcome of Dallas/LA tomorrow also might play a huge role in how Pop decides to play the b2b. I think avoiding LA is right up there with getting homecourt throughout for Pop, IMO at least.

HI-FI
04-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Agreed. Most likely scenario, IMO.

Not that absurd considering Pop has always been afraid of LA tbh. The outcome of Dallas/LA tomorrow also might play a huge role in how Pop decides to play the b2b. I think avoiding LA is right up there with getting homecourt throughout for Pop, IMO at least.

i can't say i necessarily blame him for wanting to avoid LA though. sure, they are a colossal joke, but Pop knows how the NBA works, he knows they'll still receive very favorable officiating in that series.

chapnis
04-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Play everyone in both games. They need to get their rhythm back

TD 21
04-01-2013, 11:08 PM

That would be stupid . . . so that's probably exactly what he'll do. Instead of assuring they get the Magic game and have an outside shot at the Thunder game, it'll be too tempting for him to make the Magic game harder than it has to be and the Thunder game a virtual lock to be a Spurs special: An embarrassing performance on national TV.

The reality is, they need the 1 seed, Duncan is healthy and Leonard is as healthy as he's going to get until the off season, so they, along with everyone else, should be playing virtually unlimited minutes in both. People need to stop pretending as if the odd game off here and there is going to make a difference late in a grueling playoff series where the starters have to play major minutes. The only difference it'll make is the game after they're rested, that's it.

phxspurfan
04-02-2013, 12:54 AM
Mugen, can I get a TSX grill from you? Or some kinda discount?

Splits
04-02-2013, 01:32 AM
Unless there is a "real" injury, like Manu's, everyone will play the OKC game. Nobody sits. It becomes the most meaningful game of the season thus far, so unless you tell the team "we want the #2 seed", which is absurd, then everyone plays.

Who knows about Orlando, probably a bench game.

Mal
04-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Tank Orlando. Vaughn need lose, he wont be a problem for Spurs. Great chance for bench guys to prove they are worth something.

BillMc
04-02-2013, 02:18 AM
I'd rest TP against Orlando & give him 2 days off for OKC. TD/Kawhi should be able to play b2b

This.

kaji157
04-03-2013, 08:25 AM
Both should be played at full force. we could win out the schedule post OKC, if we win at Orlando we can force OKC to win out. And they have 2-3 games they can loose.
Our schedule isnīt easier but it can be done.

TheGoldStandard
04-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Pop will decide that OKC is the time to give Aron Baynes minutes and he'll ultimately flop and he'll have this "see" look on his face. I think we'll see more of the same, more Bonner, Diaw and Blair for a few minutes and we should see the TP and Duncan for OKC for sure I think Kawhi plays tonight too.

elveinte
04-03-2013, 12:09 PM
I think Pop calls up the Austin Toros for tonight's game.

ace3g
04-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins (https://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins) 59m (https://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins/status/319482217111891968) Jameer Nelson (ankle) won't play tonight vs the #Spurs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Spurs&src=hash).

Spur|n|Austin
04-03-2013, 12:31 PM
I could see Pop resting Tony tonight, and playing TD and Kawhi both games, but who knows. Pop has never cared about home-court, it has just sort of been bestowed upon him. He's always said it didn't matter because, regardless "you have to win on their court anyways".

Sean Cagney
04-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Tank Orlando. Vaughn need lose, he wont be a problem for Spurs. Great chance for bench guys to prove they are worth something.

You don't just play the bench to tank a game now you should win, you lose this one you can turn around and lose tomorrow night and then it would be us down to the #2 seed in a matter of a week and 4 losses in a row! That would not be very smart, sorry.

spurs10
04-03-2013, 01:22 PM
If Tony is banged up, tonight is the night to rest him with Nelson out.

Budkin
04-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Sit everyone tonight. Orlando is god awful.

ace3g
04-03-2013, 01:24 PM
San Antonio Spurs (https://www.facebook.com/Spurs)
Injury report: Kawhi Leonard (sore left knee) and Tony Parker (sore left ankle) are both out for tonight’s game vs. Orlando.

DesignatedT
04-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Leonards knee must really be bothering him. That's a shame.

I agree Parker should sit this one.

loveforthegame
04-03-2013, 01:34 PM
So I'm guessing Duncan will sit out tomorrow night then.

DesignatedT
04-03-2013, 01:36 PM
So I'm guessing Duncan will sit out tomorrow night then.

I think everyone will probably go tomorrow night. Hopefully the Spurs take care of Orlando fairly easily and Duncan doesn't have to play much tonight.

Tomorrow would just make 2 games in the last 5 nights for TD.

crc21209
04-03-2013, 01:37 PM
They should rest TD tonight too. Sitting him tomorrow night would be a big mistake, he's basically our entire interior defense. Hopefully he only plays limited minutes tonight so he can play tomorrow too...

Floyd Pacquiao
04-03-2013, 01:43 PM
might as well rest TD tonight too. play the big 3 tomorrow. If I was pop though I would have played everyone tonight and tanked tomorrow unless kawhi and TP are really bothered by injury's of course.

hater
04-03-2013, 01:51 PM
IMO Pop's main priority is to pull the team back together. It's been a shitty 2-3 weeks. TP needs to get in shape and pretty much everyone else not named Duncan. I'd take care of Duncan, the rest need to play as much as possible.

time to take the foot and push in the accelerator

eric365
04-03-2013, 01:56 PM
TP and Kawhi out tonight
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2013/4/3/4179556/injury-update-kawhi-leonard-knee-tony-parker-ankle-are-out-against

Mal
04-04-2013, 03:26 AM
You don't just play the bench to tank a game now you should win, you lose this one you can turn around and lose tomorrow night and then it would be us down to the #2 seed in a matter of a week and 4 losses in a row! That would not be very smart, sorry.

Oh, you are right. Tank was bad word. I should`ve used "take it easy" or something like that. I saw that "tank" wasnt excatly the word I think it was.

Sean Cagney
04-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Oh, you are right. Tank was bad word. I should`ve used "take it easy" or something like that. I saw that "tank" wasnt excatly the word I think it was.
Hey, they still won! They rested guys too and still won by 14 lol. They did not tank but they rested guys.