PDA

View Full Version : I'm not big on the Mills benching

phxspurfan
04-01-2013, 10:45 PM
This team needs as much scoring as it can get with Manu sucking or out. Bring back the Stax

Floyd Pacquiao
04-01-2013, 10:47 PM
to much of a defensive liability

chapnis
04-01-2013, 10:51 PM

As opposed to say neal?

Floyd Pacquiao
04-01-2013, 10:54 PM
As opposed to say neal?

he sags off his man worse than neal

TrainOfThought5
04-01-2013, 11:02 PM
but does he sag off his man worse than Parker and Green?

SpurPadre
04-01-2013, 11:03 PM

Oh yeah, because Neal is a much better defender than him...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh hhhhtt.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-01-2013, 11:08 PM
patty mills also can't really get much without manu feeding him tbh

spurraider21
04-01-2013, 11:51 PM
he sags off his man worse than neal

and is about 3 inches shorter

KaiRMD1
04-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Mills would be a welcome addition as opposed to the shit Neal brings. There's like three Bonner's on the team right now. At least Mills has a somewhat balanced scoring output when he's on the court

HarlemHeat37
04-02-2013, 12:17 AM
:lol Mills has the same flaws as Neal..if he received the same amount of minutes, the complaints would be the same..

superjames1992
04-02-2013, 12:23 AM
:lol Mills has the same flaws as Neal..if he received the same amount of minutes, the complaints would be the same..
And he's shorter, to top it off. Do not want, tbh.

AaronY
04-02-2013, 12:24 AM
Mills is quicker than Neal. If he worked on catching off screens and getting open off the ball and unlike Neal just shot when he was open, he'd get open more often and be harder to contain

HarlemHeat37
04-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Mills is quicker than Neal. If he worked on catching off screens and getting open off the ball and unlike Neal just shot when he was open, he'd get open more often and be harder to contain

I don't mind Mills getting minutes, the team needs offense, but most posters here will eventually complain about his defense and chucking, tbh..

phxspurfan
04-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Not winning with Mills > not winning with Neal

We're not winning either way, but this way we get some cool heroics, less hero ball and more Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy Oi Oi Oi

Splits
04-02-2013, 01:58 AM
Mills will get his shot, with Manu down he'll be running point once TP, DeColo, CoJo, and Neal all get hurt.

Boomersgold
04-02-2013, 02:43 AM

Mills is much, much quicker than Neal.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-02-2013, 04:31 AM
Trade him to Denver :smokin

Nero5
04-02-2013, 04:37 AM
I don't mind Mills getting minutes, the team needs offense, but most posters here will eventually complain about his defense and chucking, tbh..

Most posters here will have their favourites and will bitch like a little girl if things don't go as they think it should.

capek
04-02-2013, 04:39 AM
Trade him to Denver :smokin

How about we do a sign and trade in the off season for Manimal. The numbers would work. :smokin

99 Problems
04-02-2013, 04:46 AM
For all of Pop's CIA thinking one thing so predictable that you could set ya clock by is the eventual return of Gary and the Red Mamba in the rotation.

Bruno
04-02-2013, 04:56 AM
Who is the best between Mills, Joseph and De Colo is quite debatable because none has really stand out positively or negatively. It's hard to say that Pop has made a mistake by going away from Mills because he isn't clearly better than the other two.

Giving Neal minutes at the SG spot to Mills isn't a that obvious choice too. Neal has been injured and his post all star FG% is .30, but he remains a player that is superior on the paper. A relatively healthy Neal could help a lot Spurs in the playoffs especially with Manu being out or limited. As long as there is hope regarding Neal's health, switching from Neal to Mills is a difficult choice to make.

Mills deserves a lot of props for his attitude. He isn't in an easy situation where he is caught in a logjam and doesn't play while not having been clearly outplayed. Staying a positive influence in that situation instead of mourning about his personal status, is a nice quality.

TJastal
04-02-2013, 06:11 AM
I think both of the aussies could have had big positive impacts and really helped the spurs struggling 2nd unit. Mills brings the quickness and Baynes brings the size, two things the spurs are a bit short on. Not to mention both have great attitudes.

MaineSpursFan
04-02-2013, 06:55 AM
IDK, just about ANYONE ON THE TEAM would have had the more sense to pass the ball to a WIDE OPEN STEPHEN JACKSON UNDER THE BASKET than that fucktard Neal. loooooooooooooooooooooow bbiq, calls his own number way too much. His only redeeming quality is that he's cheap, same with bllair.

The Spurs have always seemed to close out games badly, basically at this point, if the other team has the ball with the game tied or us up by one and there is less than 30 seconds on the clock I basically write it off as us losing, which we usually do, and if we need to hit the last shot for a win or tie I don't have much hope in that either. It's probably just magnified by the closeness of the last handful of games, but it just seems that we have constantly been blowing leads with less than four minutes to go in the game with stupid turn overs and poor shot selection. We make other teams look clutch. Really started to notice this trend with the Jerrett Jack 3 pointer... Would be interesting to see how many game's we've won on the last possession of a game vs. how many we have lost on the last possession of a game this year.

urunobili
04-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Mills>De Colo

Hoops Czar
04-02-2013, 07:47 AM

He's a defensive liability? Apparently, you haven't watched too many Spurs games this month.

bklynspursfan
04-02-2013, 08:08 AM
I kind of agree with this... I thought he could've come in handy against Miami because he's a pesty guy and tends to bring up our energy level when we need it. Sometimes just bringing a spark for a couple minutes off the bench even if it doesn't mean scoring could make the difference between winning/losing.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
04-02-2013, 08:22 AM
For a while Pop was using him in the 3rd quarter to inject some energy. This strategy was working but I can see how Pop needs to decide on a lineup and Nando plays better defense than Mills so it isn't that hard of a decision.

EricB
04-02-2013, 08:26 AM
He's a defensive liability? Apparently, you haven't watched too many Spurs games this month.

So you want the defense to get worse, got it.

Hoops Czar
04-02-2013, 09:26 AM
So you want the defense to get worse, got it.

If after watching this team for the past 1.5+ months, you think Gary Neal is the problem, then you're obviously as clueless as the rest of them. If they actually had players not named Tony Parker and Tim Duncan, that could actually score points on a regular basis, they wouldn't need to rely on Gary Neal's offensive lift. FYI, Gary friggin Neal wasn't guarding Mike Conley on the last possession.

szkorhetz
04-02-2013, 09:31 AM
How about we do a sign and trade in the off season for Manimal. The numbers would work. :smokin

Bring in Randolph instead. I would love him, TBH.

SenorSpur
04-02-2013, 09:58 AM
IDK, just about ANYONE ON THE TEAM would have had the more sense to pass the ball to a WIDE OPEN STEPHEN JACKSON UNDER THE BASKET than that fucktard Neal. loooooooooooooooooooooow bbiq, calls his own number way too much. His only redeeming quality is that he's cheap, same with bllair.

I saw that play too and was screaming at the TV. I wanted to reach through the TV and slap the ball from Neal's hands and give it to Jack. Passing the ball to a wide open teammate, especially one underneath the basket, is a basic basketball play. If Pop ever wanted to blow a gasket, he should've done so over that play.

weeks
04-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Most posters here will have their favourites and will bitch like a little girl if things don't go as they think it should. this

Floyd Pacquiao
04-02-2013, 04:47 PM

what? so you're saying mills isnt a defensive liability?

benfti
04-02-2013, 05:14 PM
I think both of the aussies could have had big positive impacts and really helped the spurs struggling 2nd unit. Mills brings the quickness and Baynes brings the size, two things the spurs are a bit short on. Not to mention both have great attitudes.

I subscribe to this view

TheGoldStandard
04-02-2013, 05:22 PM
At this point I think mixing it up with Mills is just as liable defensively as running out Neal out there. Neal is a spotty shooter and he's been injured so he's even worse plus he will take any shot no matter what or who is open. Neal needs to be shanked.

hater
04-02-2013, 05:24 PM
yeah neal is looking horrible. looks like a shell of himself and he wasn't much special to begin with.

he's got Roger Mason written all over him this year imo

TheGoldStandard
04-02-2013, 05:26 PM
I think even Roger Mason would be shaking his head at Neal, a younger Pop would have cursed Roger to the bench after not passing to Jax under the rim.