PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on here use evil Sprint?

Jacob1983
04-02-2013, 02:11 AM
My phone has been a piece of shit lately and it looks I'm going to have to get it repaired. I have an HTC Evo Shift 4G from evil Sprint. The damn keyboard slider is causing major problems. When I have the keyboard out, I can't use the touch screen at all. I have a protection plan. I just can't pay more than 100 dollars to fix this shit. Just had to vent that shit out. You ever had a problems with the keyboard on your cell phone? I'm not talking about the touch screen keyboard. I'm talking about cell phones have physical keyboards that slide out.

exstatic
04-02-2013, 07:11 AM
Old technology can be balky. Come to the touch side....

Drachen
04-02-2013, 08:10 AM
My phone has been a piece of shit lately and it looks I'm going to have to get it repaired. I have an HTC Evo Shift 4G from evil Sprint. The damn keyboard slider is causing major problems. When I have the keyboard out, I can't use the touch screen at all. I have a protection plan. I just can't pay more than 100 dollars to fix this shit. Just had to vent that shit out. You ever had a problems with the keyboard on your cell phone? I'm not talking about the touch screen keyboard. I'm talking about cell phones have physical keyboards that slide out.

I haven't had one with a slide out keyboard, so no, I haven't. However, that is a pretty common problem with those things. The hinge gets fucked and it cuts the connection, or the connection just cuts out due to constant movement over the years. That being said, Sprint does suck and their service has gotten worse over the past year. I just left them a month ago for Tmobile and couldn't be happier. Lastly, if you are nearby, I have been selling all the phones that I had with sprint on my account. I have already sold the evo 3d's and the evo 4g. I still have my nexus s 4g. I will let it go for 120. Still a very capable phone and it is on jellybean.

Trainwreck2100
04-02-2013, 08:27 AM
why do they want 100 for a phone defect? Usually they just replace it unless there is water or screen damage

Spur|n|Austin
04-02-2013, 08:31 AM
I cut ties with Sprint over a year ago, and went to AT&T. It's much pricier, but the customer service is 10x better than it was with Sprint. If you are no longer under contract, tell them that if they can't fix this, you will need to cancel your service immediately. They will transfer you over to retention and fix the issue to make you happy. Hell, you can even tell them you want to cancel if you're under contract, and that you'll eat the ETL just to switch carriers, and they may still help you out.

Drachen
04-02-2013, 08:33 AM
why do they want 100 for a phone defect? Usually they just replace it unless there is water or screen damage

generally3
physically broken = 100 dollar deductible and replacement from assurion.
otherwise, they do a factory reset then hand it back to you and say "it is as good as the day it came out of the box"

After doing that 4 out of 7 days, they will replace your phone for free. Unfortunately, that one will also have problems. After replacing that phone 3 times and you getting angry enough, they will offer to replace it with a different phone. One from the previous gen of your phone. For example, if you have an evo 3d, they will offer to replace it with either an evo 4g or a samsung epic (the first one). At that point, you take another evo 3d, then cancel your contract and go to tmobile.

That in a nutshell is how it goes with sprint.

Drachen
04-02-2013, 08:36 AM
I cut ties with Sprint over a year ago, and went to AT&T. It's much pricier, but the customer service is 10x better than it was with Sprint. If you are no longer under contract, tell them that if they can't fix this, you will need to cancel your service immediately. They will transfer you over to retention and fix the issue to make you happy. Hell, you can even tell them you want to cancel if you're under contract, and that you'll eat the ETL just to switch carriers, and they may still help you out.

good luck with that..... didn't work for us in dec.

Drachen
04-02-2013, 08:37 AM
just realized, that I am not being a very good salesman for my phone. LOL

eh, I don't care too much if I sell it or not. I might just leave it plugged into my stereo and it can be my google music conduit.

leemajors
04-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Sliders + pocket lint/dust is just a recipe for disaster.

Jacob1983
04-03-2013, 12:58 AM
I mainly only use Sprint because I get a discount from the Umbrella Corporation and it saves me about 20 percent on my bill each month. That's the only reason. I figure it's good save money even though I'm making a sacrifice of good service by using Sprint. I want to get a Samsung phone and I'm ready to say goodbye to the sliding keyboards or whatever they fuck they're called. The touch screen keyboard on my current phone sucks because the screen is too small and the letters are too close so you wind up typing words that you may have not wanted to type. It's a pain in the butt.

exstatic
04-03-2013, 07:24 AM
just realized, that I am not being a very good salesman for my phone. LOL

eh, I don't care too much if I sell it or not. I might just leave it plugged into my stereo and it can be my google music conduit.

:lol I use a 7 year old Sprint flip phone as my daily alarm clock.

Drachen
04-03-2013, 07:51 AM
I mainly only use Sprint because I get a discount from the Umbrella Corporation and it saves me about 20 percent on my bill each month. That's the only reason. I figure it's good save money even though I'm making a sacrifice of good service by using Sprint. I want to get a Samsung phone and I'm ready to say goodbye to the sliding keyboards or whatever they fuck they're called. The touch screen keyboard on my current phone sucks because the screen is too small and the letters are too close so you wind up typing words that you may have not wanted to type. It's a pain in the butt.

How much do you pay a month on your bill? I got 23 percent off of my sprint bill and for three lines I paid 208... I am with T-mobile now and I pay 89 for those same three lines (differences being that I only have 2Gb a month per line and 1000 mins shared between the three). The plans are a bit different now (vs last month when I started with tmobile), but the savings are only slightly less significant. I believe that now for unlimited minutes/texts and 2.5 GB for a single line it is 60 bucks. You save money, though, by getting a family plan (for example, that same plan with two lines is 100 bucks).

Drachen
04-03-2013, 07:54 AM
:lol I use a 7 year old Sprint flip phone as my daily alarm clock.

LOL, I am just a little disappointed that Onkyo won't add google music to my stereo despite the fact that it has all sorts of shitty services that it can delete. I guess those other services pay to be on there (oh well). I will just plug the nexus s into an aux jack, and power it off the stereo's usb port (unless I can do usb audio with it, ive never checked). Then I can put some sort of vnc server on it, and remotely control it from my tablet or nexus 4.