PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Roster for '06

spurjur
07-07-2005, 02:09 PM
We've been here the past couple of weeks or so trying to figure out what the Spurs will do to stay on top and improve those things that need improvement. How about we post what we think the Spurs should do, but be realistic about it. Look at what the Spurs have now. Look at what you think the Spurs need. Look at the available free agents. Look at how much the Spurs can afford to spend. Here's an example. This is what I would want if I were the Spurs GM.
Starting:
Parker
Manu
Bowen
Duncan
Nazr

Reserves:
Horry, Barry, Brown, Abdur-Rahim, Ratliff, Van Exel, Johnson III

MaNuMaNiAc
07-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Aren't you forgetting Scola?

Leetonidas
07-07-2005, 02:13 PM

:lol

Sense
07-07-2005, 02:14 PM
That's nowhere near realistic.

Big Pimp_21
07-07-2005, 02:16 PM
what about Beno? I like SAR over Rasho, but I don't think Ratliff and Van Exel will be here. I don't think we should change too much. We won a title with this squad and I don't think any teams additions are overly scary given the talent and team mentality that we have

TheTruth
07-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Reserves:
Realistic? :lmao

Sense
07-07-2005, 02:20 PM
it looks like he's a blazer fan..

lol!

FoxMulder
07-07-2005, 02:20 PM
I think....

Reserves:
Horry, Barry, Brown, Nesterovic, Scola, Udrih and someone else... maybe a backup PG

Streakyshooter08
07-07-2005, 02:23 PM
That is what I would try to do:

Nazr/ Rasho
Timmy/ Scola/ Horry
Bowen/ Marshall
Gino/ Barry/ Brown (if healthy)
Parker/ Udrih

I would only trade Rasho if Nazr signs an extention. Its pretty risky trading the only real center with Nazr beeing a free- agent next summer. If Nazr goes and Rasho traded away you would have a problem at the 5. So I would keep him until Nazr is signed longterm.

beirmeistr
07-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Parker
Ginobili
Bowen
Duncan
Mohammed (if he wins competition with Rasho)

Rasho
Barry
Brown
Horry
Beno
Scola
Kukoc

ace3g
07-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Starters:
Parker
Manu
Bowen
Duncan
Rasho

Reserves:
Scola
Nazr
Horry
Barry
Brown
Beno
LJIII
Jon Barry
Kukoc

beirmeistr
07-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Starters:
Parker
Manu
Bowen
Duncan
Rasho

Reserves:
Scola
Nazr
Horry
Barry
Brown
Beno
LJIII
Jon Barry
Kukoc
Interesting, ace3g, and realistic.

ace3g
07-07-2005, 04:58 PM
here is another REALISTIC roster

Parker/Beno/Jon Barry

Manu/Brent Barry/Brown

Bowen/Brown/Kukoc/LJIII

Duncan/Scola/Horry

Nazr/Rasho/Mutombo

ven with that lineup we still have some of the MLE left to go after a player like Finley, Alan Houston, and yes I did make an assumption that maybe the spurs would try to sign Kukoc(and he wouldnt ask for much $) maybe the spure could also go after a back up center like Oberto or Mutombo for a vet minimum contract.

ace3g
07-07-2005, 05:00 PM
that is a very realistic roster because all of my add ons other than Scola can be signed for with the Vet Minimum, because those are the players you usually lose over the offseason anyways

ReverendRob
07-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Mutombo doesn't seem to want to go anywhere and Houston seems to want him back so I think he stays put. Kukoc is good for insurance but he already has his rings. Why would he want to come to SA and risk going on the inactive list? I think he would be more likely to try to land someplace where he thinks he has a chance to play and get a contender over the hump or at least through a long playoff run. It's kind of like Malone's reasoning before he signed with the Lakers. He said he would sign with whoever lost between LA and the Spurs that year. Basically he was trying to avoid the perception that he was bandwagoning. We might run into that type of situation with other available vets, especially since our rotation is pretty solid and they are unlikely to get a lot of burn.

Crafty One
07-07-2005, 06:33 PM
What about:
C:Nazr Mohammed/Anderson
PF:Duncan/Scola/Horry
SF;Bruce Bowen/Shane B.
SG:Gino/Bones/Brown
PG:Parker/Beno
We lose Ian Mahimi+Sho. Real GM Trade Cheacker #2466964
Then pickup CrisAndersen

ALVAREZ6
07-07-2005, 08:05 PM

double U. teee. effff?????

Benosgirl14
07-07-2005, 08:33 PM
Starters:
Parker
Manu
Bowen
Duncan
Rasho

Reserves:
Scola
Nazr
Horry
Barry
Brown
Beno
LJIII
Jon Barry
Kukoc
Intresting.....I like the Idea

midgetonadonkey
07-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Starters:
Parker
Manu
Bowen
Duncan
Nazr

Reserves:
Scola
SAR
Horry
Barry
Brown
Beno
LJIII
Wilks

CalsonicKansei
07-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Now all you have to think is, can we actually win a championship with any of the arrangment of players? Sure, just which combonation.