PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech AD would like to see rivalry renewed with Texas A&M

Blake
04-02-2013, 04:23 PM
" Updated at 4:11 a.m.:*In a discussion with DMN’s Kate Hairopoulos, Texas A&M AD Eric Hyman admitted he hadn’t thought about playing Texas Tech, but it wasn’t out of the question. “We would entertain anything,” he said.

Original post:*In a wide-ranging media session, Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt said he would like to add Texas A&M to the schedule.“We would welcome the opportunity to play Texas A&M in every sport,” Hocutt said, adding that no conversations were taking place. “It was a fun rivalry, a good rivalry and one in the future that we can begin again.”

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2013/03/texas-tech-ad-would-like-to-see-rivalry-renewed-with-texas-am.html/

Blake
04-02-2013, 04:24 PM
More fun for Tech I think

rjv
04-02-2013, 04:48 PM
my only opposition is that it would add another difficult opponent to an already difficult schedule.

Blake
04-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Yeah, in this day and age there is little to no reason to play non-scrubs out of conference.

DesignatedT
04-02-2013, 06:20 PM
You guys were the only other Texas university who handled the whole A&M leaving situation the right way. I'm not sure about starting right away in football annually but I would gladly start scheduling Tech in all other sports if they were interested.

FkLA
04-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Theres a rivalry between these two unis ?