PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL 2013 TEXAS RANGERS THREAD***

Pages : [1] 2 3

Spursfan092120
04-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Let's do this, boys. Great game tonight for Darvish, and Berkman was pretty decent also. VERY weird to look at the standings in the AL West and see Houston next to us. Let's get that ring.

Chris
04-03-2013, 02:38 AM
If Gentry keeps up the great hitting (hes been hot all through Spring Training as well) he should be leading off with Kinsler batting 5th. Hopefully Ogando can stay consistent along with our bullpen. Its going to be an exciting year in a very competitive division.

Phillip
04-03-2013, 09:53 AM
If Gentry keeps up the great hitting (hes been hot all through Spring Training as well) he should be leading off with Kinsler batting 5th. Hopefully Ogando can stay consistent along with our bullpen. Its going to be an exciting year in a very competitive division.

This.

Cant wait to get Colby and Feliz back. That will vault our rotation and bullpen up quite a few notches.

Phillip
04-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Interesting note about Darvish's dominance, dating back to last season...

Over his last nine regular-season starts, Darvish is now 6-1 with a 2.05 ERA and has 81 strikeouts to just 15 walks in 66 innings. In that time, batters are hitting a ridiculous .159 against him with a .213 on-base percentage.

jjktkk
04-03-2013, 11:03 AM
What do you guys think the Rangers should do with Jurickson Profar? Trade him, bring him up later this year? Since resigning Andrus, the Rangers have some pretty good options at the trade deadline this Summer, if they want to add a bat, or pitching imo.

Spursfan092120
04-03-2013, 01:30 PM
What do you guys think the Rangers should do with Jurickson Profar? Trade him, bring him up later this year? Since resigning Andrus, the Rangers have some pretty good options at the trade deadline this Summer, if they want to add a bat, or pitching imo.
Well they definitely aren't trading him. They've made it clear he's not on the block for any reason. I'd like them to bring him up..but then what to do with Andrus. Tough decision, though it's a good one to have.

Phillip
04-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Put him at 2nd, put Kinsler at 1st, and let Moreland/Olt be utility guys?

Is Profar ready to be a regular starter anyways? I think he needs to get some more spot work in first and prove himself.

Phillip
04-03-2013, 04:10 PM
awesome job Nathan - 3 batters, 3 Ks

Phillip
04-03-2013, 04:11 PM
It will be nice to have Houston in the divison to rack up some easy wins and confidence for the team every few weeks

Spursfan092120
04-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I was a little worried about Ogando...great job.

Robz4000
04-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Tbh I'm really not confident that the Rangers will make the playoffs, much less get far. Luckily the season's just starting so maybe they can inspire some confidence in me. Then again, last year they got off to an amazing start and were basically mediocre the rest of the way...

Spursfan092120
04-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Tbh I'm really not confident that the Rangers will make the playoffs, much less get far. Luckily the season's just starting so maybe they can inspire some confidence in me. Then again, last year they got off to an amazing start and were basically mediocre the rest of the way...
As much as I hate to say it, we can't have crazy expectations. After losing Hambone (as inconsistent as he was, he was still VERY clutch) and Napoli, I'm just going to have fun watching them, and hope for the best.

Robz4000
04-03-2013, 05:07 PM
As much as I hate to say it, we can't have crazy expectations. After losing Hambone (as inconsistent as he was, he was still VERY clutch) and Napoli, I'm just going to have fun watching them, and hope for the best.

Honestly the move I'm most disappointed by was sending Young to the Phillies. Hamilton quit on the team last season and I just can't forgive that. Sucks to see Napoli go but he's becoming injury-prone. Young had been with the Rangers a long time and came through when he was needed. He may not have hit homers at opportune times, but he would get a hit to start or continue a rally or make a nice play for an out. Guy had heart and the Rangers really shat on him these past few seasons (though getting Beltre was a great move).

Phillip
04-03-2013, 05:10 PM

Napoli was kinda average last year. I'm thinking 2011 was a fluke year. AJ should be able to fill his shoes fine.

Berkman should at least be decent. I think we are going to have to hope that other hitters like Elvis, Cruz, and Kinsler all step up and play well to help replace what was lost with Josh. Then again, is hitting truly what the Rangers need to improve at? They have had probably the best offense in baseball for several years now. Even if they lose out a bit without Josh and Napoli, they will still probably be around the top 5.

The good thing is, the pitching staff may potentially end up being the best we have seen yet from the Rangers. We all know Harrison is consistently solid, and that both Ogando and Holland have great ability and can shut down elite offenses when they are focused. But the biggest difference is Darvish. He might finally be that true ace that the Rangers have never really had (aside from Cliff Lee for half a season).

And there are plenty of people that can be moved around for either another strong pitcher (perhaps Lee again) or a disgruntled slugger.

Lots of season to go, and plenty of stuff can happen. But I think there is plenty of reason to have faith that they can make another great run.

Phillip
04-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Honestly the move I'm most disappointed by was sending Young to the Phillies. Hamilton quit on the team last season and I just can't forgive that. Sucks to see Napoli go but he's becoming injury-prone. Young had been with the Rangers a long time and came through when he was needed. He may not have hit homers at opportune times, but he would get a hit to start or continue a rally or make a nice play for an out. Guy had heart and the Rangers really shat on him these past few seasons (though getting Beltre was a great move).

No.

Young was absolute trash every playoff run, with the exception of one game against the Tigers in 2011. His defense was absolute crap (his atrocious range IMO was the first major issue that the Rangers had in that most forgettable Game 6 failure against St. Louis), and he looked like he gave up on the team just as much as Josh did last year. I was thankful for all he did, but was more than glad to see him go. He was overpaid for what he gave the Rangers the past couple years.

Spursfan092120
04-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Hamilton broke my fucking heart. He was my favorite Ranger, and I loved that they gave him a shot when no one else would and turned him around. Then he went and shat on everyone by quitting, and to top it off, said we (Rangers fans) are spoiled, and DFW isn't a true baseball town. I'm not from DFW, but as a fan, that pisses me off. I'm a bit worried about AJ, but we'll see. Napoli's bat could always be counted on. I'm hoping Berkman has another good year in him.

Spursfan092120
04-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Napoli was kinda average last year. I'm thinking 2011 was a fluke year. AJ should be able to fill his shoes fine.

Berkman should at least be decent. I think we are going to have to hope that other hitters like Elvis, Cruz, and Kinsler all step up and play well to help replace what was lost with Josh. Then again, is hitting truly what the Rangers need to improve at? They have had probably the best offense in baseball for several years now. Even if they lose out a bit without Josh and Napoli, they will still probably be around the top 5.

The good thing is, the pitching staff may potentially end up being the best we have seen yet from the Rangers. We all know Harrison is consistently solid, and that both Ogando and Holland have great ability and can shut down elite offenses when they are focused. But the biggest difference is Darvish. He might finally be that true ace that the Rangers have never really had (aside from Cliff Lee for half a season).

And there are plenty of people that can be moved around for either another strong pitcher (perhaps Lee again) or a disgruntled slugger.

Lots of season to go, and plenty of stuff can happen. But I think there is plenty of reason to have faith that they can make another great run.
I agree. Napoli was average, but you could always see a pop coming when he stepped to the plate, and it put fear in catchers, and the chanting always got everyone going. Holland scares the shit out of me, and I'm not 100% sold on Ogando as a starter, but hopefully they'll both prove me wrong. I'm ready for a damn good season this year, but I don't want to expect a World Series this year...I'm not sure I can take the pain (I'm already a fucking Cowboys fan).

Robz4000
04-03-2013, 05:21 PM
No.

Young was absolute trash every playoff run, with the exception of one game against the Tigers in 2011. His defense was absolute crap (his atrocious range IMO was the first major issue that the Rangers had in that most forgettable Game 6 failure against St. Louis), and he looked like he gave up on the team just as much as Josh did last year. I was thankful for all he did, but was more than glad to see him go. He was overpaid for what he gave the Rangers the past couple years.

Fuck no, the first major issue in that series was that the pitching fell flat, and tbh I'm still not sold on their pitching even though Darvish and Ogando look solid. I agree that he wasn't all that great defensively, but you also need to remember he wasn't playing his usual position and should've been DH or a utility guy. If you're gonna blame Young for last year's failure then you might as well blame the rest of the team. Once Hamilton quit, everyone seemed to wilt.

Phillip
04-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Holland scares the shit out of me, and I'm not 100% sold on Ogando as a starter, but hopefully they'll both prove me wrong.

To be fair, how many teams have more than 2 guys who consistently put in work? Generally elite teams have an ace, a near-ace, and a couple solid (although inconsistent) contributors.

That's exactly what the Rangers have. And if Colby can come back and at some point get back to his former self, then that just makes things even better. A lineup of Darvish, Harrison, Colby, and Holland? I'd be pretty happy with that.

Phillip
04-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Fuck no, the first major issue in that series was that the pitching fell flat, and tbh I'm still not sold on their pitching even though Darvish and Ogando look solid. I agree that he wasn't all that great defensively, but you also need to remember he wasn't playing his usual position and should've been DH or a utility guy. If you're gonna blame Young for last year's failure then you might as well blame the rest of the team. Once Hamilton quit, everyone seemed to wilt.

For a guy who is so "unselfish" and such a great "team guy", he sure did throw a major hissy fit when it was suggested to him to be a DH or a utility guy. This "great teammate" did the Rangers a wonderful honor of asking to be traded, before the season even started, simply because they made a trade for Mike Napoli. GTFO with that trash.

I never blamed Young for last years failure, just that he was one of the worst of everyone when it came to "giving up". A few players seemed to wilt a bit, but Young was by far the worst of them all, while other guys like Beltre stepped up.

And when I was talking about the WS, I was specifically talking about Game 6. Young had an error or two, and his incredibly limited range cost the Rangers dearly on a couple singles that any decent 1B would have been able to turn into an out.

Robz4000
04-03-2013, 05:38 PM
For a guy who is so "unselfish" and such a great "team guy", he sure did throw a major hissy fit when it was suggested to him to be a DH or a utility guy. This "great teammate" did the Rangers a wonderful honor of asking to be traded, before the season even started, simply because they made a trade for Mike Napoli. GTFO with that trash.

I never blamed Young for last years failure, just that he was one of the worst of everyone when it came to "giving up". A few players seemed to wilt a bit, but Young was by far the worst of them all, while other guys like Beltre stepped up.

And when I was talking about the WS, I was specifically talking about Game 6. Young had an error or two, and his incredibly limited range cost the Rangers dearly on a couple singles that any decent 1B would have been able to turn into an out.

I'll agree with you there, but I can see where he was coming from. As I said, bringing in Beltre (and to a lesser extent Napoli) were the right moves but Young had been with the team even before they were winning and he felt slighted.

For last year, Hamilton was like a cancer in that he really brought everyone down. No one was immune to it outside Beltre who had experience with cancer on the Red Sox.

I'll never forget how the Rangers were one strike away TWICE from getting it done. That was all on the pitching.

Phillip
04-03-2013, 06:23 PM
I'll never forget how the Rangers were one strike away TWICE from getting it done. That was all on the pitching.

And on the other hand, you could argue that if Young didn't screw up, and made a couple outs that should be doable by any ordinary 1B, then it would never have gone to extra innings, nor been close enough for a comeback. Or if Cruz wasn't scared of the wall, the game was over in the 9th.

Spursfan092120
04-03-2013, 11:52 PM
To be fair, how many teams have more than 2 guys who consistently put in work? Generally elite teams have an ace, a near-ace, and a couple solid (although inconsistent) contributors.

That's exactly what the Rangers have. And if Colby can come back and at some point get back to his former self, then that just makes things even better. A lineup of Darvish, Harrison, Colby, and Holland? I'd be pretty happy with that.
Happy? Definitely. If we get that, I'll be happy. I think it's just that we've gotten SO DAMN CLOSE, that I REALLY want that damn World Series.

AussieFanKurt
04-04-2013, 03:52 AM
happy to have berkman? got good memories in 11 WS

Phillip
04-05-2013, 11:16 AM
I really hope the Rangers didn't epically fail by trading Chris Davis away... i know its super early, but he is off to a great start, and he had a pretty solid year last year, with 33 HRs. Still obviously undisciplined, as he had over 160ks, but still...

jjktkk
04-05-2013, 11:20 AM
I really hope the Rangers didn't epically fail by trading Chris Davis away... i know its super early, but he is off to a great start, and he had a pretty solid year last year, with 33 HRs. Still obviously undisciplined, as he had over 160ks, but still...

Starting to look that way. But hindsight.... Sometimes a player needs to move on to another team to develop.

txstr1986
04-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Put him at 2nd, put Kinsler at 1st, and let Moreland/Olt be utility guys?

Is Profar ready to be a regular starter anyways? I think he needs to get some more spot work in first and prove himself.

Yep, keep Andrus at SS, move Kinsler to 1st, and bring up Profar to play 2nd. The kid has the skills to make the switch in positions, and his bat is insane. I have a feeling he'll be in the bigs before the all-star break.

Phillip
04-05-2013, 01:22 PM
josh getting booed hard

Phillip
04-05-2013, 01:23 PM
lol typical strikeout for josh, chasing pitches stupidly

Phillip
04-05-2013, 01:36 PM
and now josh failing at fielding lol

Viva Las Espuelas
04-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Its good to see he's picking up where he left off. That sorry sack of horse shit.

Phillip
04-05-2013, 03:03 PM
how many more times are they going to leave runners stranded on 3rd? wtf

Spursfan092120
04-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Moreland and AJ go back to back...dayum....GG Rangers. Ogando with another good outing...hopefully he can keep that shit up.

Jacob1983
04-09-2013, 12:40 AM
Ogando!

Fabbs
04-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Nathans reaction after being gifted the burn 3rd strike call. :lol
:lol Tampa Bay burned
:lol MultiRanger
:lol Ron Washington post game comments on play.

Phillip
04-09-2013, 10:45 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdi07pw0OU1rkocsqo1_500.jpg

josh hamilton was a great pickup. we will dominate texas.

Fabbs
04-09-2013, 10:56 AM
We've added a "6 games into the regular season Championship" to go along with our other World Series Championships.

Chris
04-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Tepesch makes his major leage debut tonight at starting pitcher. He has a great slider and pounds the bottom of the strike zone to induce ground balls and he doesn't walk very much. Hopefully he can become a solid rotation guy for us now, and in the future.

BobaFett1
04-11-2013, 11:03 PM
JOsh gonna be in rehab soon. La fans will boo his ass like no other.

Phillip
04-22-2013, 10:27 AM
lol angels

Spursfan092120
04-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Napoli hit a GS to get the win for Boston...now leads the league with 25 RBIs. :(

Chris
04-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Napoli hit a GS to get the win for Boston...now leads the league with 25 RBIs. :(

He wasn't going to get $39 million from the Rangers.

He's a perfect fit for the Red Sox imo

Spursfan092120
04-22-2013, 10:15 PM
He wasn't going to get $39 million from the Rangers.

He's a perfect fit for the Red Sox imo
I know...I know...just sucks.

TheMACHINE
04-23-2013, 12:16 AM
No lead is big enough for this angels bullpen

Chris
04-23-2013, 01:44 AM
:rollin

Fpoonsie
04-23-2013, 11:07 AM
That was a fantastic fucking game.

God, I love A.J.

txstr1986
04-23-2013, 12:21 PM
That was a fantastic fucking game.

God, I love A.J.

Yep, he's delivered a lot more than I expected.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-23-2013, 05:29 PM
He sure has. And yes, it was a pretty damn good game. I wish a pitch would go straight to josh's face tonight. Or nuts. I'm not picky.

Fpoonsie
04-24-2013, 12:30 AM
Semi-tough loss, but still...#LOLJosh

Phillip
04-24-2013, 11:17 AM
andrus, beltre, and murph are all due to wake up soon. their bats have been so awful so far, leaving way too many guys on base, especially RISP. im sure the pitching will cool down slightly as the season goes on too, but considering how bad the bats have been so far, its very nice to see them at the top of the AL.

Chris
04-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Tepesch is solid. Wouldn't be surprised if Robbie Ross makes the starting rotation next season.

Jacob1983
04-26-2013, 04:56 PM
The Rangers lost Young, Hamilton, and Napoli and they're still competitive so far this season. That's a huge loss to the offense. I'm guessing the great pitching has made up for it but then again, the Rangers have scored a lot this year.

txstr1986
04-26-2013, 07:13 PM
The Rangers lost Young, Hamilton, and Napoli and they're still competitive so far this season. That's a huge loss to the offense. I'm guessing the great pitching has made up for it but then again, the Rangers have scored a lot this year.

Thanks to AJ and Berkman

Spursfan092120
04-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Thanks to AJ and Berkman
This...I wasn't 100% sure about either of these signings, but they've turned out to be very intelligent. Looking solid again.

symple19
04-26-2013, 11:52 PM
Gonna see your Rangers @ the Twins tomorrow at Target Field. Got Holland and Beltre' on my fantasy team so I'm hoping they'll produce and get a win

Target is supposed to be a nice ballpark. Looking forward to seeing it in person

Spursfan092120
04-26-2013, 11:53 PM
Gonna see your Rangers @ the Twins tomorrow at Target Field. Got Holland and Beltre' on my fantasy team so I'm hoping they'll produce and get a win

Target is supposed to be a nice ballpark. Looking forward to seeing it in person
That would be awesome..enjoy it.

symple19
04-27-2013, 10:29 PM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-cDurZol-Q54/UXxT_A799oI/AAAAAAAAArc/dVc-Dj6GJy4/w988-h154/IMG_20130427_173621_802.jpg

Here's a panorama shot from my seat. Sorry if I was a bad luck charm. Really like the Twins ballpark, even if its not even close to AT&T. At least it has character.

symple19
04-27-2013, 10:31 PM
Twins had a few nice defensive plays or it may have been very different. Fun day at the park

Chris
04-30-2013, 11:31 PM
Nice offense and bounceback win for Darvish after 2 terrible games in Minnesota

Phillip
05-12-2013, 12:35 AM
wtf is wrong with Kirkman?

Viva Las Espuelas
05-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Gonna be good tonight. GO RANGERS!!!! Yu up against Verqueefter.

txstr1986
05-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Gonna be good tonight. GO RANGERS!!!! Yu up against Verqueefter.

Yep, watch a Rangers win then watch the Spurs close out GS!

irishock
05-16-2013, 08:30 PM
:lol JV

txstr1986
05-16-2013, 08:33 PM
This is beautiful.

And the guy I'm playing in fantasy this week has Verlander...

Viva Las Espuelas
05-16-2013, 10:46 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
http://media.mlive.com/detroit/photo/2012/10/-2ed50006054dcc84.jpg
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Chris
05-17-2013, 04:05 AM
Rangers are playing great baseball right now. I truly beleive if we can make the playoffs healthy, we will win the World Series regardless of our opponent.

Spursfan092120
05-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Rangers are definitely a solid team. Hitting is there, pitching is there (if we get healthy) Once we get Ogando, Colby, Feliz, and Harrison back, we'll be very solid. Also be nice to get AJ back.

Chris
05-17-2013, 09:35 PM
AJ will be back soon, but he's approaching TOSB status so I like that they are being careful and taking it slow. The extra playing time for Soto is great as well.

Fpoonsie
05-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Soto finding his swing is a very pleasant surprise. Hopefully, he can keep that confidence once AJ gets back.

(And Mitch has been video-game mode as of late. Just awesome.)

Lincoln
05-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Isn't Harry done for the year?

irishock
05-19-2013, 08:28 PM
:lol Holland
:lol Miggy 3run homered the faggot
:lol his twitter "hacked"
:lol headlocker shown on the screen licking his thumb
:lol rangers early season success per par

irishock
05-19-2013, 08:35 PM
:lol Cabrera'd AGAIN

irishock
05-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Lakers reference lol

irishock
05-19-2013, 08:45 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
http://media.mlive.com/detroit/photo/2012/10/-2ed50006054dcc84.jpg
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol fat illegals eating all over RBIA

irishock
05-19-2013, 09:34 PM
:lol walking Miggy
:lol black managers

Viva Las Espuelas
05-19-2013, 09:53 PM
:lol dumbshits :lol

irishock
05-19-2013, 10:13 PM
:lmao texas weather ruining this game

Viva Las Espuelas
05-19-2013, 10:15 PM
:lol dumbass 3rd baseman not standing on 3rd base :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
05-19-2013, 11:06 PM
:lol wasted cabrera'd :lmao

Phillip
05-20-2013, 02:39 AM
:lmao texas weather ruining this game

LMAO 11-8

Chris
05-20-2013, 01:02 PM
:lol Big Mig's best night not enough to beat dem Rangers :lol

Phillip
05-30-2013, 04:33 PM
so........ what to do with Profar? Every game, he is making plays, and either scoring runs or driving in runs. Shown some fantastic defensive ability too. Also he seems to come up with big hits at big times. Clutch gene perhaps?

Granted, it's a small sample size, but there is obviously plenty to like. So what now? Do they just need to keep him with the team and use him as the utility guy for the rest of the season? Trade him? Let him "develop" more in the minors, even though there isn't much more development he can do down there?

Robz4000
05-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Seeing as Andrus just signed that big contract and Kinsler for all intents-and-purposes is the franchise player, I think he'll be traded.

Phillip
05-31-2013, 12:11 PM
also... chris davis... :depressed

at least mitch has stepped it up this year and can be an everyday player now, instead of only facing RHP

LakerHater
05-31-2013, 09:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qSiEADy.gif

Chris
05-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Chris Davis has got to come back to Earth at some point. This has to be an abberation :lol

Reck
06-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Damn Red Sox going in deep tonight. :lol

Cant even remember the last time Sox won a game against the Rangers.

Phillip
06-04-2013, 10:49 PM
:lol david murphy being the rangers best pitcher tonight

td4mvp2k
06-05-2013, 12:28 AM
Damn Red Sox going in deep tonight. :lol

Cant even remember the last time Sox won a game against the Rangers.

:flipoff

Reck
06-05-2013, 12:30 AM
:flipoff

Why u mad bro?

Rangers usually win all their games against the Red Sox. Stop being so salty.

txstr1986
06-05-2013, 09:14 AM
:lol david murphy being the rangers best pitcher tonight

Yeah, that was a miserable game, the only bright spot was watching Murphy pitch - that shit was hilarious.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Yeah. They got their assholes stretched out last night. Definitely homo.

lefty
06-09-2013, 11:36 PM
shit cant beat the Blue Jays :lol

Reck
06-09-2013, 11:41 PM
shit cant beat the Blue Jays :lol

Lefty watching Friday's scores. :lol

lefty
06-10-2013, 01:28 AM
Lefty watching Friday's scores. :lol
I meant for the series :lol

irishock
06-16-2013, 05:09 PM
:lmao still can't beat the jays
:lmao heating them up just as Reyes is about to return

Reck
06-16-2013, 07:42 PM
I meant for the series :lol

:lmao still can't beat the jays
:lmao heating them up just as Reyes is about to return

Lefty was right all along. :lmao

Bill_Brasky
06-17-2013, 11:14 AM
Rangers slumping at the right time at least this year.

irishock
06-20-2013, 04:47 PM
lucky bastards

txstr1986
06-21-2013, 10:10 AM
Now I need the Rangers to pull off a 50 game winning streak so I can get the taste of game 7 out of my mouth...

irishock
06-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Now I need the Rangers to pull off a 50 game winning streak so I can get the taste of game 7 out of my mouth...

:lol

LakerHater
06-23-2013, 09:31 PM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Adrian-Beltre-head-touch.gif (http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Adrian-Beltre-head-touch.gif)

irishock
06-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Kuroda wins tonight tbh..

Fpoonsie
07-03-2013, 04:22 PM
lol Manny

Spursfan092120
07-03-2013, 04:35 PM
lol Manny
yeah...let's see how that one works out. Hopefully he's got some stuff left. If nothing else, it's only a minor league contract.

BUMP
07-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Doesn't really make sense, didn't he ask out of both Oakland and Tampa Bay?

Robz4000
07-06-2013, 03:28 AM
He won't see the majors again tbh.

Phillip
07-08-2013, 09:52 AM
how many more injuries are the rangers going to have? this is just getting out of hand.

kinsler (starter)
pierzynski (starter)
moreland (starter)
gentry
berkman (starter)
baker

harrison (starter)
perez
ogando (starter)
feliz (starter)
colby (starter)
tepesch

this is ridiculous. yet, still with a top 5 record in all of baseball

cant wait to see this team get MOSTLY healthy.

Chris
07-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Our bullpen is nasty, and our prospects are prosperous.

Spursfan092120
07-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Anyone else wanna go on the DL this year? Shit...

irishock
07-13-2013, 01:13 AM
:lmao Grimm

:lmao faking an injury because Washington won't take him out

Chris
07-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Rumor is we're getting Matt Garza. Damn good pitcher imo

Spursfan092120
07-20-2013, 12:45 AM
That would be great...we need all the help we can get.

Chief Brody
07-20-2013, 09:20 PM
:lolDid Nelson Cruz just "O-le!" another ball in the outfield? I saw the tail end of the highlight so maybe he had no chance or just had a horrible read on it. Looked pretty funny either way

TXstbobcat
07-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Rangers making a comeback in the 8th tonight!

Spursfan092120
07-22-2013, 12:36 AM
So damn frustrating......

Robz4000
07-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Looks like the Rangers have officially traded for Garza. Question is will he jump start the Rangers? Although a lot of their pitchers are on the DL, the biggest issue is lack of consistent hitting. Their fielding hasn't been too spectacular either.

Spursfan092120
07-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Looks like the Rangers have officially traded for Garza. Question is will he jump start the Rangers? Although a lot of their pitchers are on the DL, the biggest issue is lack of consistent hitting. Their fielding hasn't been too spectacular either.
Like I was saying...we can use ALL the help we can get.

Spursfan092120
07-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Wow...apparently Olt was in the deal...interesting. Along with Grimm and Edwards, and a player to be named later.

Phillip
07-22-2013, 07:35 PM
Good trade. I don't think Olt will be anything too special.

JMarkJohns
07-22-2013, 07:47 PM
All in theory, but that's a really good haul for a rebuilding Cubs. Olt should, at worst, be a quality starting 3B at the plate and great in the field, and Edwards has top-2 stuff and wherewithal. Grimm kinds sucks, but could be a nice #5.

Players to be named could be recent draft picks.

Spursfan092120
07-22-2013, 08:43 PM
I think Olt had a lot of promise..the only worry I have in that trade. One of our best, if not our best, prospect in the minors. Hopefully the trade turns out well.

TXstbobcat
07-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Goog day for the rangers. They trade for a good quality starting pitcher and they break their loosing streak with a nice performance by Darvish.

Spursfan092120
07-22-2013, 11:41 PM
We really needed Darvish back...hell, we need a lot of people back.

Robz4000
07-23-2013, 09:55 PM
God dammit Joe Nathan

Arnold Toht
07-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Wow...

td4mvp2k
07-24-2013, 12:11 AM
:lol cubs got Fd... O n gentry sux!

Robz4000
07-24-2013, 12:36 AM
That Dempster deal sure worked out last year too, amirite?

IMO, I don't think Garza moves the needle in either direction for the Rangers. They need their other pitchers to get healthy and pray their hitting finds some consistency.

Spursfan092120
07-24-2013, 12:56 AM
I really don't understand why this guy is our closer? He choked away enough games last year...we need him as a full time closer this year? Man....fuck that.

Phillip
07-24-2013, 08:18 AM
I really don't understand why this guy is our closer? He choked away enough games last year...we need him as a full time closer this year? Man....fuck that.

Are you kidding? He blew only 3 saves all last year, and only 2 this year.

The vast majority of the time, he is a guaranteed save, and has among the lowest ERA of all closers.

Chris
07-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Are you kidding? He blew only 3 saves all last year, and only 2 this year.

The vast majority of the time, he is a guaranteed save, and has among the lowest ERA of all closers.

Yep. If anyone gets a pass for last night's loss its him.

txstr1986
07-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Yep. If anyone gets a pass for last night's loss its him.

Ditto. You could even make the argument that it was the umpire giving away the game - those were some pretty suspect calls on what looked like strikes to me.

Joe's stats for the season - looks pretty legit to me:
Saves: 31 -
Blown Saves: 2
WHIP: 0.82
ERA: 1.74
And 71 Ks in 66.1 innings.

Spursfan092120
07-24-2013, 01:28 PM
I know, I know guys...I was just frustrated as hell.

TXstbobcat
07-24-2013, 05:22 PM
A's already won over the Astros today. We are now 3 1/2 games back. I hope Garza's pitches a good game tonight.

Robz4000
07-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Garza was pretty good. Fielding issues reared it's ugly head again tho.

TXstbobcat
07-26-2013, 11:51 PM
Tough loss in extra innings tonight after a nice comeback. Frustrating start after the allstar break.

irishock
07-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Jesus Christ. We needed the separation from the Indians but of course former Tiger Raburn hits a 3 run walkoff.

Spursfan092120
07-27-2013, 12:25 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/e75aab7c6e8720e61263d3ba0eb42bc2/tumblr_mjw3m8HpPG1qhr01io1_400.gif

TXstbobcat
07-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Darvish pitching tonight. Rangers need a damn win tonight. Rangers keep falling further behind the A's.

Chawaman
07-27-2013, 04:45 PM
Tanner scheppers attacked in Cleveland. Suffered contusuin and facial bruises.

Spursfan092120
07-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Tanner scheppers attacked in Cleveland. Suffered contusuin and facial bruises.
Wow...wtf?

Robz4000
07-27-2013, 07:38 PM
Rangers hitting is really inconsistent. They get 8 runs on 13 hits one night and still find a way to lose, and struggle to get any hits while Darvish is throwing a gem of a game.

TXstbobcat
07-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Rangers hitting is really inconsistent. They get 8 runs on 13 hits one night and still find a way to lose, and struggle to get any hits while Darvish is throwing a gem of a game.

and to make things worse, the A's won today.

Robz4000
07-27-2013, 07:55 PM
and to make things worse, the A's won today.

I gave up on the Rangers catching the A's already tbh. They'll be exposed in the playoffs but in the regular season their style of play will carry them far. Just hoping the Rangers can get it together soon enough to nab one of the wild card spots.

Spursfan092120
07-28-2013, 12:15 AM
I gave up on the Rangers catching the A's already tbh. They'll be exposed in the playoffs but in the regular season their style of play will carry them far. Just hoping the Rangers can get it together soon enough to nab one of the wild card spots.
I still feel we can catch them. If we can find a way to get healthy, we can make a run. I'm not giving up on the division yet.

Robz4000
07-28-2013, 12:34 AM
I still feel we can catch them. If we can find a way to get healthy, we can make a run. I'm not giving up on the division yet.

Getting healthy is a tall order in itself. Even then it'll take several games for each pitcher to return to form. It'll take an A's losing streak for the Rangers to catch up on top of the hitters finding themselves.

Spursfan092120
07-28-2013, 01:29 AM
Getting healthy is a tall order in itself. Even then it'll take several games for each pitcher to return to form. It'll take an A's losing streak for the Rangers to catch up on top of the hitters finding themselves.
And I think they'll have one. This team is not as good as they're playing right now. We'll have our opportunity...we just have to take advantage of it.

Robz4000
07-28-2013, 01:39 AM
And I think they'll have one. This team is not as good as they're playing right now. We'll have our opportunity...we just have to take advantage of it.

Not counting on it, but I hope you're right. The AL is pretty wide open this year, so it'd be nice to see the Rangers get back to the big dance.

Spursfan092120
07-28-2013, 01:43 AM
Not counting on it, but I hope you're right. The AL is pretty wide open this year, so it'd be nice to see the Rangers get back to the big dance.
Definitely. And if we can get healthy again, I feel we'll have our chance. Just can't choke it away again.

Robz4000
07-28-2013, 02:15 PM
Rangers about to get swept again...

TXstbobcat
07-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Rangers couldn't even score a damn run today. I wonder when we will hearanything about the possible Cruz suspension.

Chris
07-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Indians are for real.

crc21209
07-28-2013, 07:15 PM
The Rangers have now lost 12 of their last 15 games. Wow. First the problem was pitching, now it's the hitting. Not a good time to go into a losing skid going into August...

Robz4000
07-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Shouldn't be too surprised tbh. The writing was on the wall to start the season.

Bill_Brasky
07-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Well there's always a team that turns it up and tears through August, just gotta hope it's the Rangers.

Chris
07-29-2013, 12:16 AM
I wonder if Wash has given the team the meltdown speech yet. Maybe he needs to shake up the batting order or bench some bottom feeders.

Robz4000
07-29-2013, 01:27 AM
Now I hear the Rangers are considering trading Joe Nathan. Starting to sound like the FO is ready to throw in the towel.

TXstbobcat
07-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Rangers game is on espn now. Need a win tonight.

TXstbobcat
07-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Garza on the mound to night for his 2nd start as a ranger.

Bill_Brasky
07-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Oh shit pierzynski!

TXstbobcat
07-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Nice comeback for the rangers. Now finish this one off with a victory!

Chris
07-29-2013, 09:17 PM
haha I knew Soto was gonna HR there NICE WIN

Bill_Brasky
07-29-2013, 09:17 PM
"fuck yeah" hahaha

TXstbobcat
07-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Fuck yeah!!!!!!!! Soto!!!!!! Great comeback win.

Robz4000
07-29-2013, 09:26 PM
Former Chicago guys clutching the fuck up. Maybe this'll awaken their bats.

Spursfan092120
07-29-2013, 10:44 PM
We really needed that. Great 9th inning. Now we need Oakland to start losing..lol...and get a win streak going here.

TXstbobcat
07-29-2013, 11:43 PM
Holland on the mound against Wilson tomorrow. Lets make it 2 in a row.

Spur|n|Austin
07-30-2013, 08:36 AM
We really needed that. Great 9th inning. Now we need Oakland to start losing..lol...and get a win streak going here.

Hopefully Oakland losing is not too much wishful thinking, they look damn good; solid win for us tonight though. Here's to cramming it down Wilson's throat tomorrow night!

TXstbobcat
07-30-2013, 08:57 PM
Rangers have scord 6 on Wilson so far.

irishock
07-30-2013, 09:59 PM
WOW.

Robz4000
07-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Welp, if it's not hitting it's fucking pitching.

Fabbs
07-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Trout pushing MultiRanger pitching shit in.

Fabbs
07-30-2013, 10:35 PM
Could Hamilton finally be waking up?
Too late to salvage this season but perhaps he will return to his Ranger ways of hitting/juicing for next season.

TXstbobcat
07-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Damn rangers!!!!

Robz4000
07-30-2013, 10:38 PM
:lol inconsistent as fuck

thunderup
07-30-2013, 10:39 PM
:lol those Rangers yall

TXstbobcat
07-30-2013, 10:42 PM
Hamilton driving in 4 so far tonight.

thunderup
07-30-2013, 10:53 PM
wow

TXstbobcat
07-30-2013, 10:55 PM
Rangers making another comeback. Cut the lead down to 1. Soto HR!!!!!

Robz4000
07-30-2013, 10:58 PM
I love Soto tbh. He needs more playing time.

Arnold Toht
07-30-2013, 11:02 PM
:lol

thunderup
07-30-2013, 11:24 PM
:lmao Angels

irishock
07-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Beltre

thunderup
07-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Meltdown again

TXstbobcat
07-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Rangers tie it up!!

Fabbs
07-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Fruedian slip on ESPN.com

Ernesto Frieri pitching for Texas

thunderup
07-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Dang

Arnold Toht
:lmao

Robz4000
:tu clutch hitting

TXstbobcat
07-30-2013, 11:55 PM
3 run HR for Martin. Nice comeback two nights in a row!

Spur|n|Austin
07-30-2013, 11:59 PM
Walk off again!

Spursfan092120
07-31-2013, 12:13 AM
Nice walkoff...refusing to lose is a good thing. Keep this shit up...not to mention Oakland got blanked tonight.

TXstbobcat
07-31-2013, 12:21 AM
5 games back of Oakland and 1 game back of getting a wild card spot.

crc21209
07-31-2013, 12:41 AM
The Rangers have really pulled it out of their ass the past 2 nights :lol. I think Darvish and Garza can keep them in games, after that I'm not sure. Holland was shaky tonight, Ogando has been shaky since coming off the DL, and Perez has been shaky as well. This weekend series against Oakland is going to be huge...

Robz4000
07-31-2013, 12:45 AM
Holland is fine tbh. He's been one of the few pitchers besides Darvish doing his thing all season. I wanna know if Garza will keep it up.

Phillip
07-31-2013, 09:43 AM
The Rangers have really pulled it out of their ass the past 2 nights :lol. I think Darvish and Garza can keep them in games, after that I'm not sure. Holland was shaky tonight, Ogando has been shaky since coming off the DL, and Perez has been shaky as well. This weekend series against Oakland is going to be huge...

I would feel pretty good going into the post season with a starting rotation of Darvish, Garza, Holland, and Ogando/Harrison(if he gets healthy and in a groove).

Need to give our main bullpen guys some rest though (Scheppers, Cotts, Nathan). Ross needs to step it up, he has been awful lately. I think Soria will be a great addition to them though.

Bats... I just don't get these guys. Hopefully they break out. Better to slump now, than heading into the post season. We learned that last year, unfortunately.

TXstbobcat
07-31-2013, 10:34 AM
Perez on the mound tonight. Need a good pitching performance tonight.

Spur|n|Austin
07-31-2013, 10:55 AM

Yeah it will - in Oakland, with probable pitchers of - Ogando, Garza, and Holland.

TXstbobcat
07-31-2013, 08:26 PM
Perez pitching well tonight. Lets make it 3 in a row.

Spursfan092120
07-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Looking decent so far...and with an Oakland loss today a win would be huge.

TXstbobcat
07-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Damn! Josh Hamilton with the game tying HR.

TXstbobcat
07-31-2013, 09:42 PM
Game winning HR by Beltre. 3 wins in a row!!

Robz4000
07-31-2013, 10:06 PM
Walk-off kids tbh

TXstbobcat
07-31-2013, 10:17 PM
Nice to get a sweep of the angels.

Spursfan092120
07-31-2013, 11:21 PM
Awesome...and another Oakland loss. Keep the ball rolling...

irishock
08-01-2013, 12:04 AM
See you guys in the ALDS, tbh.

Spur|n|Austin
08-01-2013, 12:29 AM
http://i.imgur.com/VyJxN.gif?1

TXstbobcat
08-01-2013, 12:32 AM
Darvish on the mound tomorrow agains Arizona. Lets make it 4 in a row.

Spursfan092120
08-01-2013, 12:07 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/97f2b010d84523d26f5e84a195247469/tumblr_mqv13mzaB51rrei1bo1_400.gif

Spursfan092120
08-01-2013, 12:11 PM
9-FW4NWiRmY

Spur|n|Austin
08-01-2013, 12:36 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/97f2b010d84523d26f5e84a195247469/tumblr_mqv13mzaB51rrei1bo1_400.gif

:tu

TXstbobcat
08-01-2013, 04:37 PM

Thats awesome! Lets make it 4 in a row tonight.

Spursfan092120
08-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Thats awesome! Lets make it 4 in a row tonight.
That would work..though I'd much rather just take the game before a walkoff...

TXstbobcat
08-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Darvish with 7 k's so far tonight.

Spursfan092120
08-01-2013, 09:34 PM
14 k's for Darvish...good bats tonight. Big win...1/2 game closer.

TXstbobcat
08-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Great win tonight. Gotta keep the winning streak going against Oakland tomorrow night and this weekend.

Spursfan092120
08-03-2013, 12:52 AM
HUGE win tonight...down to 2.5 games back. Told ya it wasn't time to give up on the division yet.

TXstbobcat
08-03-2013, 01:12 AM
5 in a row for the rangers.

crc21209
08-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Garza off to a horrible start in the 1st inning. Gave up 3 runs, including a 2 run homer to Cespedes. :td

TXstbobcat
08-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Garza off to a horrible start in the 1st inning. Gave up 3 runs, including a 2 run homer to Cespedes. :td

I just got home and turned the game on. Looks like Garza settled down a little bit after that shaky 1st inning.

crc21209
08-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Well today sucked. I hate Balfour, dude looks like he's on roids.

Fpoonsie
08-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Did it look like Balfour was going REALLY up and in? Or was Profar just trying to sell it?

Bill_Brasky
08-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Profar trying to sell too hard i think. Though the first one DID seem pretty close to hitting him in the face.

TXstbobcat
08-04-2013, 12:14 PM
We should hear something tomorrow on the Cruz suspension.

TXstbobcat
08-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Holland pitching a shutout so far in the 6th.

TXstbobcat
08-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Cruz hits another hr today. It's gonna suck If he's suspended for the rest of the year.

Spur|n|Austin
08-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Cruz hits another hr today. It's gonna suck If he's suspended for the rest of the year.

Not IF, but WHEN.

Spur|n|Austin
08-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Cruz is going to accept the 50 game suspension... Well shit.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-rangers/headlines/20130805-report-texas-rangers-nelson-cruz-expected-to-accept-50-game-suspension-for-alleged-involvement-with-biogenesis-affair.ece

TXstbobcat
08-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Cruz is going to accept the 50 game suspension... Well shit.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-rangers/headlines/20130805-report-texas-rangers-nelson-cruz-expected-to-accept-50-game-suspension-for-alleged-involvement-with-biogenesis-affair.ece

That sucks. We might not ever see him play for the rangers again.

Spur|n|Austin
08-05-2013, 11:45 AM
That sucks. We might not ever see him play for the rangers again.

I don't think we will either; the tough part now is somehow trying to find a replacement for the lack of runs we're about to go through.

Phillip
08-05-2013, 12:46 PM
It will be astonishing if the Rangers somehow make the playoffs with all the injuries and now this suspension right as it seems like things were getting back on track... if they get get some good production out of Colby, Feliz, and Harrison, they can still pull off a good run. When healthy, their pitching has been incredible this year, and should only improve with these three guys returning.

I would feel pretty good going into the post season with a starting pitching rotation of Darvish, Holland, Garza, and whomever is most productive out of Colby/Feliz/Harrison/Ogando, and a bullpen of whomever is left of those guys, along with Scheppers, Cotts, and Nathan.

Hitting from here on out is pretty much dependent on the production of Andrus, Murphy, and Moreland. If they can break out of their slumps, the Rangers have a solid chance to make the playoffs still. Which over the past few games, it seems like they have all stepped up a bit.

Chris
08-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Losing Cruz hurts bad...If Berkman wasn't a TOSB I wouldn't be worried. Hopefully Engel Beltre gets called up and plays decently. Thank God we have Leonys Martin.

Robz4000
08-05-2013, 07:40 PM
At least he'll be eligible for postseason play. Their schedule isn't all that tough; if they can find a way to keep scoring runs and their pitching picks it up (or holds steady at where it's been the past 6 games) they'll make it.

Chris
08-05-2013, 08:01 PM
At least he'll be eligible for postseason play. Their schedule isn't all that tough; if they can find a way to keep scoring runs and their pitching picks it up (or holds steady at where it's been the past 6 games) they'll make it.

I wasn't aware he was eligible for postseason play. That's a weird loophole, but it could be huge in the scheme of things.

TXstbobcat
08-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Andrus with the 2run triple! Rangers up 3 - 1.

TXstbobcat
08-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Nice win over the angels. Rangers within 2 games of Oakland.

Spur|n|Austin
08-06-2013, 09:06 AM
I wasn't aware he was eligible for postseason play. That's a weird loophole, but it could be huge in the scheme of things.

Me either, is that for sure?

Phillip
08-06-2013, 09:09 AM

It's not a loophole. There are 50 games between the date of his suspension, and the postseason. So if the Rangers make the postseason, his time will have been served, and his eligibility is reinstated just in time for the postseason.

txstr1986
08-06-2013, 10:04 AM
It's not a loophole. There are 50 games between the date of his suspension, and the postseason. So if the Rangers make the postseason, his time will have been served, and his eligibility is reinstated just in time for the postseason.

Right, this is probably one of the reasons Cruz is not appealing - go ahead and get the suspension out of the way so that he can play in the postseason.

Spur|n|Austin
08-06-2013, 11:07 AM

Wow - didn't even think of that; that's huge IF in fact we make the playoffs. Hopefully Profar and Martin keep it up - Harrison, Lewis, and Feliz will be huge too.

Chris
08-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Harrison, Lewis, and Feliz will be huge too.

All set to return mid August. One of the FSSW TV reporters said this is the best Rangers pitching staff of all time and it's hard to argue.

Spur|n|Austin
08-06-2013, 03:08 PM
All set to return mid August. One of the FSSW TV reporters said this is the best Rangers pitching staff of all time and it's hard to argue.

Colby Lewis done for the season with bone spurs.... :bang

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/2013/08/texas-rangers-colby-lewis-hip-surgery-to-miss-rest-of-2013-season-but-aims-for-2014-return.html/

Robz4000
08-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Welp, it's all up to Harrison. If he can't be the Rangers #4 at least, they weren't gonna do anything in the postseason anyway.

TXstbobcat
08-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Colby Lewis done for the season with bone spurs.... :bang

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/2013/08/texas-rangers-colby-lewis-hip-surgery-to-miss-rest-of-2013-season-but-aims-for-2014-return.html/

That sucks. No Cruz or Lewis.

Chris
08-06-2013, 05:03 PM
May have seen the last of Lewis since he's a free agent after this season. I'm anxious to see Feliz back on the mound tbh we all know what Harry can do.

Phillip
08-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Sucks about Colby, but if Harrison and Feliz turn out fine, its not much of a blow at all. Both are capable of being far better pitchers than Colby, especially Feliz.

Bill_Brasky
08-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Crofl

Chris
08-07-2013, 12:10 AM
:lmao Frieri

Chris
08-07-2013, 12:22 AM
Only 1 game behind the A's!

Robz4000
08-07-2013, 12:22 AM
god damn, Frieri has fallen off a cliff since he left the Padres. Whenever he pitches against the Rangers we can count on a win.