PDA

View Full Version : Parker and Leonard out vs Orlando

eric365
04-03-2013, 01:58 PM
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2013/4/3/4179556/injury-update-kawhi-leonard-knee-tony-parker-ankle-are-out-against

bklynspursfan
04-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Sort of shocked about Kawhi. Not so shocked about TP

capek
04-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Sort of shocked about Kawhi. Not so shocked about TP

Out tonight so he can play against OKC. Nothing too shocking there.

bklynspursfan
04-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Out tonight so he can play against OKC. Nothing too shocking there.

Well considering he's already had 2 days off and sat the first b2b I'd say it's shocking. I mean Duncan is playing tonight which means he'll likely play tomorrow too, so it's shocking in that Tim will likely play a b2b but Kawhi won't.

EVAY
04-03-2013, 02:10 PM
TP certainly seems to need it. Here's hoping that the rest of the team can keep it together without either of them.

Tim has been beasting of late (the only one of the big three not currently playing hurt (as is Parker), or so hurt they can't play (as in Ginobili).

Leonard has been playing on a sore knee for quite a while, too, so at least all of this sounds as though Pop is actually trying to get two/thirds of the big three playing against OKC, which we will definitely need.

ElNono
04-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Expected TP.... Leonard must be hurting

hater
04-03-2013, 02:24 PM
50% ball here we come!

Juggity
04-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Well considering he's already had 2 days off and sat the first b2b I'd say it's shocking. I mean Duncan is playing tonight which means he'll likely play tomorrow too, so it's shocking in that Tim will likely play a b2b but Kawhi won't.

Not shocking at all. Leonard has had a nagging injury for most of the season.

capek
04-03-2013, 02:31 PM

Tim doesn't have tendonitis, he's just old. Kawhi has a legit reason why playing back to back games would be a bad thing for him. Tendonitis has gotta be the perfect condition for Pop to get his nurse fetish out on. In Pop's mind tendonitis that has existed all season = no b2b for Kawhi. It's a little annoying that Pop decided not to play Kawhi against Memphis, knowing that he would sit him against Orlando. I'm sure Kawhi could have played just fine in the previous b2b and gotten adequate rest by sitting tonight. But Pop is super rigid about these things, and so if tendonitis means no b2b, then no b2b it is.

superjames1992
04-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Leonard's injury might actually be real.

DesignatedT
04-03-2013, 02:33 PM
It's a little annoying that Pop decided not to play Kawhi against Memphis, knowing that he would sit him against Orlando.

Who knows what happened. Kawhi could have aggravated the tendonitis on a certain play and approached Pop to tell him it is really bothering him.

I'm sure Kawhi could have played just fine in the previous b2b and gotten adequate rest by sitting tonight

How sure are you?

superjames1992
04-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Who on this team isn't suffering from an injury or at least a lingering one?

Spur|n|Austin
04-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Leonard's injury might actually be real.

Might? It is real.

capek
04-03-2013, 02:49 PM
How sure are you?

We're all on the outside looking in, but if the b2b's consisted of two playoff games, I believe he would have played. So as to my level of surety, I guess I'd say that I feel sure he could have played, but not that it was necessarily worth having him play in the particular games in question.

Though I did notice him grab his leg early on against the Heat. He played through it and I didn't notice anything after that one moment, but it's possible that his tendonitis could have flared up, justifying a more cautious approach from Pop.

Kidd K
04-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Man, that's some bad news. Both because of the health and because we really need every win we can get at this point. I don't want to slip down to the 2 seed and not have HCA on the Thunder.

The game @ OKC looks like it just may decide who the #1 seed is. Wish it didn't come down to that.

bklynspursfan
04-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Not shocking at all. Leonard has had a nagging injury for most of the season.

Makes sense, maybe when Kawhi plays and shows no signs of it really, it's hard to see there's something wrong with him.

Tim doesn't have tendonitis, he's just old. Kawhi has a legit reason why playing back to back games would be a bad thing for him. Tendonitis has gotta be the perfect condition for Pop to get his nurse fetish out on. In Pop's mind tendonitis that has existed all season = no b2b for Kawhi. It's a little annoying that Pop decided not to play Kawhi against Memphis, knowing that he would sit him against Orlando. I'm sure Kawhi could have played just fine in the previous b2b and gotten adequate rest by sitting tonight. But Pop is super rigid about these things, and so if tendonitis means no b2b, then no b2b it is.

Yea you're right now that I'm seeing it more. In short, if Kawhi is not going to play in b2b's I guess Pop chose to play him against OKC and Miami which probably makes sense, and knowing Memphis or Orlando have no real perimeter scorer to have Kawhi defend, it doesn't make sense to play him.

Robz4000
04-03-2013, 03:01 PM
IMO Spurs should just pack it in the rest of the season and hope they can win a game in OKC if they can get that far. Get everyone healthy (which might be impossible considering how bad it's been all season). Don't really see them getting far enough for the #1 seed to matter anyway.

look_at_g_shred
04-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Memphis has no real perimeter scorer.

Conley:depressed

TheGoldStandard
04-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Crap, more minutes for Gary Neal... We'll see a 3 on 1 tonight and he'll end up turning it over with a 35 footer

bklynspursfan
04-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Conley:depressed

:bang

pad300
04-03-2013, 03:07 PM

Baynes...http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

benefactor
04-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Expected TP.... Leonard must be hurting
Yeah...Parker is expected but Leonard is a bit troubling. He's too young to be getting the Big 3 old man treatment. His knee issue must be legit.

capek
04-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Yea you're right now that I'm seeing it more. In short, if Kawhi is not going to play in b2b's I guess Pop chose to play him against OKC and Miami which probably makes sense, and knowing Memphis or Orlando have no real perimeter scorer to have Kawhi defend, it doesn't make sense to play him.

I get where you're coming from though, it sucks to think that Kawhi's had to deal with this niggling tendonitis all season, and frustrating to consider how much more he could have progressed if he was fully healthy.

TheGoldStandard
04-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Baynes...:lol

We're not talking about Austin Toros injuries, Baynes has lumbago from sitting on the bench too long.

bklynspursfan
04-03-2013, 03:12 PM
I get where you're coming from though, it sucks to think that Kawhi's had to deal with this niggling tendonitis all season, and frustrating to consider how much more he could have progressed if he was fully healthy.

Not only him, but I think this teams record would be better by at least +5 wins if he doesn't miss as my games as he did, and maybe more. All that time starting Neal/Green together.... Man that was not pretty.

I'm just hoping it's Pop extra being cautious and understanding he's going to need to play some big minutes in the post season.

bklynspursfan
04-03-2013, 03:14 PM

Would seem Tiago lol. He hasn't missed a game yet

capek
04-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Not only him, but I think this teams record would be better by at least +5 wins if he doesn't miss as my games as he did, and maybe more. All that time starting Neal/Green together.... Man that was not pretty.

I'm just hoping it's Pop extra being cautious and understanding he's going to need to play some big minutes in the post season.

His minutes have been creeping up lately. He played 38 against Denver, and 37.5 against Miami. So Pop seems to be on top of that. Kawhi's really going to have to put it all together if we're gonna have a legitimate chance to win a title this year.

J_Paco
04-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Crap, more minutes for Gary Neal... We'll see a 3 on 1 tonight and he'll end up turning it over with a 35 footer

LOL

Good one. Even without Kawhi, Tony and Manu the Spurs should win, tonight. Timmy and Tiago need to put their hard hats on the next two nights, 'cause it's time to go to work.

Would seem Tiago lol. He hasn't missed a game yet

Please, don't jinx him. The last thing we need is more injuries.

HI-FI
04-03-2013, 03:53 PM
:bang about this Kawhi news. hopefully Pop just playing it safe, but I thought i noticed Kawhi limping a little during the Heat game. then the next play he would move well, so I wasn't sure.

I don't get the injury situation. I understand we've got some guys on the wrong side of 30, but some guys are injured (with Manu this is per par) even with Pop managing minutes so obsessively. then our youngest guy is hurt as well, even with Pop managing his minutes.

meanwhile OKC literally never has any injury problems. maybe we should start using their PED/meth combo, it must work.

SenorSpur
04-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Based on Pop's recent and highly questionable 4th quarter personnel decisions, he might be wise to give himself the night off too.

timvp
04-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Hopefully it's in preparation for tomorrow night's game. If TP and/or Kawhi miss that game too -- or the Spurs lose tonight -- :depressed

SenorSpur
04-03-2013, 03:55 PM
:bang about this Kawhi news. hopefully Pop just playing it safe, but I thought i noticed Kawhi limping a little during the Heat game. then the next play he would move well, so I wasn't sure.

I don't get the injury situation. I understand we've got some guys on the wrong side of 30, but some guys are injured (with Manu this is per par) even with Pop managing minutes so obsessively. then our youngest guy is hurt as well, even with Pop managing his minutes.

meanwhile OKC literally never has any injury problems. maybe we should start using their PED/meth combo, it must work.

OKC doesn't have many injury issues because they are a heckuva lot younger than the Spurs. Older teams get injured more often.

Mugen
04-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Based on Pop's recent and highly questionable 4th quarter personnel decisions, he might be wise to give himself the night off too.

Amen.

However, i think Pop's going to want to avoid the Lakers in the 1st round and that he's going to be much more liberal about resting guys going forward.

HI-FI
04-03-2013, 03:59 PM
OKC doesn't have many injury issues because they are a heckuva lot younger than the Spurs. Older teams get injured more often.
true, but even our youngest guy seems to be having some problems. hopefully that shit clears up in the offseason and he's healthy as can be.

hater
04-03-2013, 04:00 PM
playoffs on the road vs. OKC >>>>> tougher than facing the depleted lakers in round 1

I don't think Pop is playing that hand at all. Also, fact that he wants all hands for OKC game means he's gunning for top seed.

SenorSpur
04-03-2013, 04:19 PM
true, but even our youngest guy seems to be having some problems. hopefully that shit clears up in the offseason and he's healthy as can be.

Word.

Robz4000
04-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Hopefully it's in preparation for tomorrow night's game. If TP and/or Kawhi miss that game too -- or the Spurs lose tonight -- :depressed

If the Spurs find a way to lose tonight they don't deserve to be in the playoffs, much less get the #1 seed.

BatManu20
04-03-2013, 04:35 PM
This guy better get some run tonight

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/6405905/148189510.0_standard_352.0.jpg

DesignatedT
04-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Spurs wont win tomorrow regardless of who plays tbh.

Robz4000
04-03-2013, 04:44 PM

As much as the Spurs have sucked lately, OKC has been struggling too. If Pop really is serious about getting the first seed, he'll prolly pull something out of his pocket. It also helps everyone should get up for the game tomorrow.

DesignatedT
04-03-2013, 04:52 PM
OKC on 4 full days rest. Got beat last time by the Spurs. They will return the favor tomorrow.

Robz4000
04-03-2013, 05:03 PM
The Spurs have one more chance before the postseason starts to show they have the mentality and resolve to come out of the West and challenge for the title (however tiny that probability is). No one is going to be significantly exhausted provided the Orlando game ends up a blowout like it should. Besides, 4 days off will be more of a hindrance than a help for the majority of OKC's players.

hater
04-03-2013, 05:11 PM
a Hardenless OKC can lose to anyone. Not to mention they play in Indiana a day after.

I can see OKC dropping 1 of Spurs/Indiana matchups.

Pop
04-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Okc looked kinda bad at the end of last season as well and beasted in the POs. They are weaker than last year but we are as well so who knows.

Spursfan092120
04-03-2013, 05:18 PM
I'll be there. Also going to be in a knockout contest on-court after the game. Pretty stoked.

TheGoldStandard
04-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Saw Jameer and Al Harrington walking NorthStar today and that's pretty much all Orlando has so I think the Spurs win tonight. That being said anything is possible when Gary Neal gets a lot of minutes with TP out, doubt we'll see Joseph

Robz4000
04-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Okc looked kinda bad at the end of last season as well and beasted in the POs. They are weaker than last year but we are as well so who knows.

As easy a run the Spurs had, OKC might've had it easier. The Mavs weren't going to be beating them in a 7-game series, and they proceeded to draw a Laker team they could absolutely rape on one of their worst days. Even then, it took a monumental Spurs choke job and their bigs/Harden playing out of their minds to win. Seeing them get murdered by the Heat really took a lot of the luster out of their Western crown and displayed how badly the Spurs fucked up.

Robz4000
04-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Saw Jameer and Al Harrington walking NorthStar today and that's pretty much all Orlando has so I think the Spurs win tonight. That being said anything is possible when Gary Neal gets a lot of minutes with TP out, doubt we'll see Joseph

Neither of them are even playing tonight. Vucevic and Harris could be problematic, but with Tim playing I'm not worried.

TheGoldStandard
04-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Neither of them are even playing tonight. Vucevic and Harris could be problematic, but with Tim playing I'm not worried.

Oh well, then we'll probably win then at least we should. Hopefully they understand not to leave anyone open for an easy jumper in the finals seconds of a close game.

capek
04-03-2013, 05:28 PM
I'll be there. Also going to be in a knockout contest on-court after the game. Pretty stoked.

Kick some ass sea bass :tu

Pop
04-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Feels like Kawhi injury was handled poorly, at this point I'm not sure what to think.

Kool Bob Love
04-03-2013, 05:44 PM

Avy bet?

Spurs Brazil
04-03-2013, 06:07 PM
@danmccarneysaen
Kawhi went thru spirited pregame workout. You'd almost think he was healthy!

benefactor
04-03-2013, 06:09 PM
nvm

DesignatedT
04-03-2013, 06:12 PM
OKC having home court could work in the Spurs favor. Let them start off with the pressure and if the Spurs can steal one of the first two then they are sitting pretty.

DPG21920
04-03-2013, 06:13 PM
So, does this mean that Tim is likely to play v Okc?

Budkin
04-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Fuck... that means no Timmy tomorrow. Goddamit!

DesignatedT
04-03-2013, 06:21 PM
DeJuan Blair also OUT tonight with stomach virus. Hopefully Baynes gets some PT.

Budkin
04-03-2013, 06:22 PM
OKC on 4 full days rest. Got beat last time by the Spurs. They will return the favor tomorrow.

I will be shocked if we find a way to win tomorrow. Their fans are going to be bloodthirsty tomorrow.

TD 21
04-03-2013, 06:25 PM
More nonsense from the genius. Trying to have his cake and eat it too. Instead of playing everyone against the Grizzlies and Magic and making sure they get those, he's now left open the possibility (probability?) of a four game losing streak. Just what a team that is in the midst of their third straight late season collapse needed.

If he's going to purposely throw away the 1 seed anyway, then he might as well just sit everyone in the top seven until the last 2-3 games, then play them the minutes he plans to in the playoffs.

LakerHater
04-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Game Thread?

EVAY
04-03-2013, 06:33 PM
This is the time of year that I am always irritated with Pop's belief that it is okay to tank some games during the regular season. Right now we need every single game we can get to hold on to the HCA that we have fought for for most of the season. Whenever you consider games 'throwaways' during the regular season, they come back to bite you in the rear come the end of the season.

And it seems to happen to us almost every single year.

capek
04-03-2013, 06:33 PM
DeJuan Blair also OUT tonight with stomach virus. Hopefully Baynes gets some PT.

holy shit, if he doesn't play I'ma go ape shit :lmao

:(

Mugen
04-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Once it was evident the Spurs weren't catching Miami, homecourt became irrelevant tbh. It'd be nice to have but it's not needed to get past OKC this year IMO.

Southwest Texas Fan
04-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Damn it things just seem to be getting worse. I know this is precautionary but the team just isn't gelling. Man I hope they get in some kind of rhythm before the playoffs begin.

J_Paco
04-03-2013, 07:10 PM
More nonsense from the genius. Trying to have his cake and eat it too. Instead of playing everyone against the Grizzlies and Magic and making sure they get those, he's now left open the possibility (probability?) of a four game losing streak. Just what a team that is in the midst of their third straight late season collapse needed.

If he's going to purposely throw away the 1 seed anyway, then he might as well just sit everyone in the top seven until the last 2-3 games, then play them the minutes he plans to in the playoffs.

Huh? Didn't the team end the regular season on a 10 game winning streak or you meant losing 4 straight to the Thunder?

Sean Cagney
04-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Man, that's some bad news. Both because of the health and because we really need every win we can get at this point. I don't want to slip down to the 2 seed and not have HCA on the Thunder.

The game @ OKC looks like it just may decide who the #1 seed is. Wish it didn't come down to that.
They can thank a few bs losses for that fact, namely the one against a Heat team without their two star players. They have theirselves to blame.

TD 21
04-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Huh? Didn't the team end the regular season on a 10 game winning streak or you meant losing 4 straight to the Thunder?

The latter, of course.

ElNono
04-03-2013, 10:28 PM
50% ball here we come!

crofl

ElNono
04-03-2013, 10:28 PM
This is the time of year that I am always irritated with Pop's belief that it is okay to tank some games during the regular season. Right now we need every single game we can get to hold on to the HCA that we have fought for for most of the season. Whenever you consider games 'throwaways' during the regular season, they come back to bite you in the rear come the end of the season.

And it seems to happen to us almost every single year.

Looks like it paid off

EVAY
04-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Looks like it paid off

Afraid the jury is still out on that one. No point in assuming facts not in evidence.

ElNono
04-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Afraid the jury is still out on that one. No point in assuming facts not in evidence.

Well, I mean, we won despite resting pretty much everyone... I thought Pop might have outsmarted himself when he sat Tim in the 2nd half, but the rest of the guys picked up the slack.

Even Baynes, so Tiago didn't need to be playing a lot out there either.

EVAY
04-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Well, I mean, we won despite resting pretty much everyone... I thought Pop might have outsmarted himself when he sat Tim in the 2nd half, but the rest of the guys picked up the slack.

Even Baynes, so Tiago didn't need to be playing a lot out there either.

Oh, sorry. I meant games earlier in the season when he just decides to stop the win streak and tanks a game, or when he purposely holds people out who really cold play just because he thinks everyone deserves rest here and there.

I didn't understand that you were talking about that particular game. Yes, it did work out for that one, and it is a calculated and reasonable risk to sit people against a team like Orlando.

Kidd K
04-04-2013, 09:29 AM
They can thank a few bs losses for that fact, namely the one against a Heat team without their two star players. They have theirselves to blame.

Yeah. . .it's really disappointing. They had the #1 seed safe and secure for the whole season until now. 3 recent losses, all by 1-2 points. :( They really choked away the games against Miami and Houston too.

Sean Cagney
04-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Yeah. . .it's really disappointing. They had the #1 seed safe and secure for the whole season until now. 3 recent losses, all by 1-2 points. :( They really choked away the games against Miami and Houston too.

They should have won all those games, had a big shot to win in Memphis too the other night and lost it. PHX game was just a joke, don't even get me started on that one. Either way one of those can be the difference in winning or losing HC. Lets hope they pull a miracle out and win this one tonight! This is for the seeding to me tonight, it is at stake and who wins gets it IMO. GO SPURS.

Kidd K
04-04-2013, 05:40 PM
They should have won all those games, had a big shot to win in Memphis too the other night and lost it. PHX game was just a joke, don't even get me started on that one. Either way one of those can be the difference in winning or losing HC. Lets hope they pull a miracle out and win this one tonight! This is for the seeding to me tonight, it is at stake and who wins gets it IMO. GO SPURS.

Really can't disagree with any of that, spot on imo. Tonight's game is gonna be huge.