PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Will dwight ever develop a post game/become dominant?

Lincoln
04-03-2013, 03:03 PM
His offensive game is horrible IMO for the best center in the league. I think even Chris kaman has better moves than him. He's been in the league for a while now and I haven't seen that much improvement offensively. Outside of dunking and a retarded turnaround hook what does he have

Killakobe81
04-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Valid point to an extent. I think he has improved some but not at teh rate he should have by now ...and if you think his post game is limited now, you should of seen it 5 years ago ...we shall see he wont have hops forever.

benstanfield
04-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Nope. Not even close.

You can tell by watching that it isn't even about shooting/post moves. Dwight lacks fundamental footwork and even decent hands. It doesn't look like he's ever been challenged to do anything but dunk and block shots.

And that is to say nothing about his BBIQ. He will never pass out of double teams at an all star level. He will never roll off picks or make off ball cuts at an all star level. He will never play midrange 1v1 defense at an all star level.

He's gonna flame out harder than STAT. Just the facts.

benstanfield
04-03-2013, 03:29 PM
What I want to know is whether Spurstalk would take Dwight or Tyson Chandler at this point.

I like a Chandler team over a Howard team X10000 in the playoffs.

Thread
04-03-2013, 07:11 PM
I heard that he's staying in Los Angeles. It's done.

BatManu20
04-03-2013, 07:17 PM
For a while I was sure he was going to bolt LA after this season, but now I think he stays. $30 million is just too much money to turn down. Plus, Kobe's retiring in 2-3 seasons tops and it'll be his team then.

Only other teams with a shot of luring him away would be Dallas or Brooklyn and Mitch Kupchak isn't dumb enough to do a sign and trade to Brooklyn and take back one or 2 of their ridiculously overpriced players. Dallas can't offer that extra $30 mill, plus they don't have the FO that the Lakers have to ensure they'll be contenders consistently. Plus there's the whole getting to live in LA thing.

Dwight's staying in LA folks.

Thread
04-03-2013, 07:24 PM

Must be a fucking echo.

Latarian Milton
04-03-2013, 08:49 PM
truth bomb, and that's why i said even a healthy DH wouldn't be much of an upgrade over a healthy bynum tbh. bynum would pose a legit threat at low post and lakers have been missing it bad. DH is a defensive elite but his defensive capability is wasted in _'antoni's system imho

DMC
04-03-2013, 09:58 PM
His offensive game is horrible IMO for the best center in the league. I think even Chris kaman has better moves than him. He's been in the league for a while now and I haven't seen that much improvement offensively. Outside of dunking and a retarded turnaround hook what does he have

Absolutely not, but Laker fan will pretend that's not true, despite sending him packing just a few years ago for that very reason.

DMC
04-03-2013, 09:59 PM
I heard that he's staying in Los Angeles. It's done.

It's done indeed. Dead, like the man himself.

Venti Quattro
04-03-2013, 10:02 PM
No

Splits
04-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Dwight was dominant down low before playing with the worst "teammate" in basketball history, and will be dominant again once he sheds himself of that cancer. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers amnesty Kobe, tbh. They have 0 loyalty and he is crushing their cap with his $30m next year, plus Coward hates him. It'd be justice to see Kobe get Shaqued by Duh-white.

DMC
04-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Kobe isn't going to get pushed out. He's going to bow out. He'll never come off the bench like AI did begrudgingly. He's got enough to never give a shit, and he'll always be around the game in some fashion.

Arcadian
04-03-2013, 10:35 PM
No...his best years are behind him. He's already "over the hill."

baseline bum
04-03-2013, 10:42 PM
For a while I was sure he was going to bolt LA after this season, but now I think he stays. $30 million is just too much money to turn down. Plus, Kobe's retiring in 2-3 seasons tops and it'll be his team then.

Only other teams with a shot of luring him away would be Dallas or Brooklyn and Mitch Kupchak isn't dumb enough to do a sign and trade to Brooklyn and take back one or 2 of their ridiculously overpriced players. Dallas can't offer that extra $30 mill, plus they don't have the FO that the Lakers have to ensure they'll be contenders consistently. Plus there's the whole getting to live in LA thing.

Don't underestimate the bible belt lure

Thread
04-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Dwight was dominant down low before playing with the worst "teammate" in basketball history, and will be dominant again once he sheds himself of that cancer. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers amnesty Kobe, tbh. They have 0 loyalty and he is crushing their cap with his $30m next year, plus Coward hates him. It'd be justice to see Kobe get Shaqued by Duh-white.

Boiled down:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

ElNono
04-03-2013, 10:51 PM
He's getting the dough whether he improves or not... you can tell dude isn't into the "how great can I be" thing...

Thread
04-03-2013, 10:52 PM
He's getting the dough whether he improves or not... you can tell dude isn't into the "how great can I be" thing...

That's it. And that's all.