PDA

View Full Version : North Korea locks South Korea workers out of joint factory

Blake
04-03-2013, 04:59 PM
CNN) -*North Korea stirred up fresh unease in Northeast Asia early Thursday, threatening attacks by a "smaller, lighter and diversified" nuclear force and warning, "The moment of explosion is approaching fast."The new threat came after the North Koreans locked South Korean workers out of a joint factory complex and announced plans to*restart a nuclear reactor*it shut down five years ago.

Meanwhile, the United States announced it was sending ballistic missile defenses to Guam, a Pacific territory that's home to U.S. naval and air bases.

"The moment of explosion is approaching fast. No one can say a war will break out in Korea or not and whether it will break out today or tomorrow," North Korea's state news agency KCNA declared in its latest broadside. "The responsibility for this grave situation entirely rests with the U.S. administration and military warmongers keen to encroach upon the DPRK's sovereignty and bring down its dignified social system with brigandish logic.".............

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/03/world/asia/koreas-tensions/index.html

Nbadan
04-03-2013, 06:07 PM
It's all brinksmanship..haven't you heard?

Shit, if I was lil Kim, I'd go to war with the US just for this...

Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) believes that his success as governor has made Texas a target for attack by North Korea leader Kim Jong-un.

But on Wednesday, Perry explained to CBS News that North Korea’s military strategy made perfect sense considering the success that Texas had seen during the 12 years he had served as governor.

“What I will suggest to you is that one of the reasons that Austin is put on the map is that he put very important American cities on the map,” the Texas governor observed. “Economically, what has happened in Texas over the course of the last decade has made this city an epicenter for a lot of technology and a lot of economic development.”

“And I think the individuals in North Korea understand that Austin, Texas is now a very important city in America, as do corporate CEOs and other people who are moving here in record number.”

ChumpDumper
04-03-2013, 06:09 PM
So dan, drawing from your vast knowledge of international relations in general and Kim Jong Un in particular -- why would North Korea attack the US?

Nbadan
04-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Because the U.S. would be stupid to invade Korea with ground troops say 9 nuclear weapons...

Enough bluster: Apparently Kim Jong-Un intends to walk the walk.

A prominent arms analyst has told an Australian think-tank that U.S. troop movements west of the peninsula indicate that a North Korean missile launch is imminent.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/expect-north-korean-missile-launch-soon-2013-4#ixzz2PRPd0VMV

Nothing to see here, move along...

ChumpDumper
04-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Why would US troop movements indicate an imminent NK missile launch?

Nbadan
04-03-2013, 06:14 PM
So, you still on the peace train, hippy?

ChumpDumper
04-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Insofar is there is no reason at all for Kim to attack after telegraphing his punch for months, yes.

Nbadan
04-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Your right, normally it would be insane for Kim to attack, but Kim has nothing to lose....at the end of this war, if it happens, he'll still be there...and he will have consolidated his power...

Nbadan
04-03-2013, 06:19 PM
I told you, flying the B-2 was a mistake...

Nbadan
04-03-2013, 06:20 PM
The B-2's sole purpose is to evade radar...

ChumpDumper
04-03-2013, 06:21 PM
That's Saddam level hubris.

You're coming across as his Baghdad Bob tbh.

"If it happens"? Are you walking back already? Didn't take long.

Nbadan
04-03-2013, 06:22 PM
that was a slap in the face of lil Kim, because North Korea has little but a formidable air defense system...

Nbadan
04-03-2013, 06:23 PM
"If it happens"? Are you walking back already? Didn't take long.

Oh hell no, I just hope everyday that it doesn't

ChumpDumper
04-03-2013, 06:23 PM
So he PMed you his disgust.

Nbadan
04-03-2013, 06:25 PM
So he PMed you his disgust.

Dude and I are tight..

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Dennis.jpg

Nbadan
04-03-2013, 09:07 PM
The North Korean army said Thursday it had final approval to launch "merciless" military strikes on the United States, involving the possible use of "cutting-edge" nuclear weapons.

In a statement published by the official KCNA news agency, the General Staff of the Korean People's Army said it was formally informing Washington that US threats would be "smashed by... cutting-edge smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear strike means".

"The merciless operation of (our) revolutionary armed forces in this regard has been finally examined and ratified," the statement said.

Read more: http://za.news.yahoo.com/n-korea-approves-nuclear-strike-us-194403045.html