PDA

View Full Version : Secret Shopping

I. Hustle
04-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Any of y'all ever done this? I thought it was a scam until my buddy told me he did it. I joined one of those groups and I get to do it for the Spurs/Rampage/Silver Stars games.
I don't really get anything out of it financially. I get free tickets to the games and parking paid for. They throw in like 10-15 bucks as well.
Some tickets are nose bleed, some are in the 100's and some are terrace level. They are always looking for peeps to do it and were begging me to "work" last nights game.
The only thing is that they require you to take a bunch of notes about everything you see. They want names of employees you come in contact with and, if possible, pictures too.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has done this.

JudynTX
04-04-2013, 09:42 AM
If you're not getting anything from it, why the fuck are you doing it?

I. Hustle
04-04-2013, 09:53 AM
If you're not getting anything from it, why the fuck are you doing it?

I get to go to the games for free. I just meant I'm not getting paid big bucks. Plus I pick and choose from the games they have available. All I have to do is fill out a report. If I don't want to help out for a game then I don't sign up for it. It's free tickets and free parking. 2 free tickets to a Spurs game, 4 tix to a Silver Stars (never gone) and 4 tix to a Rampage game.

I. Hustle
04-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Oh and when it's terrace level tix I get to enjoy the all you can eat buffett and all you can drink beer or wine.

JudynTX
04-04-2013, 09:56 AM
It sounds like too much work. :lol

I. Hustle
04-04-2013, 09:58 AM
It sounds like too much work. :lol

Not if you are a good BS'er. Plus if you have a friend that does it you get to go to games for free all the time and don't have to do anything.

JudynTX
04-04-2013, 10:00 AM
I would be a secret shopper for the Adam & Eve store. Just saying.

mrsmaalox
04-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Not if you are a good BS'er. Plus if you have a friend that does it you get to go to games for free all the time and don't have to do anything.

Okay so when are you taking me? :D

coyotes_geek
04-04-2013, 10:04 AM
The wife and I used to be secret shoppers. Restaurants only. It was fun for a while and we got quite a few free meals out of it, but after a while got tired of all the forms and survey stuff we had to fill out to get reimbursed, so we quit doing it.

JudynTX
04-04-2013, 10:07 AM
The wife and I used to be secret shoppers. Restaurants only. It was fun for a while and we got quite a few free meals out of it, but after a while got tired of all the forms and survey stuff we had to fill out to get reimbursed, so we quit doing it.

Well now you have to tell us which restaurants you reviewed.

coyotes_geek
04-04-2013, 10:14 AM
:lol Not really much to get excited about. 90% of the time it would just be some chain place like a Joe's Crab Shack, or Chili's. But, a free meal out was a free meal out. Occasionally we'd be able to land a higher end restaurant. Got to do Truluck's a couple of times.

JudynTX
04-04-2013, 10:16 AM
:lol Not really much to get excited about. 90% of the time it would just be some chain place like a Joe's Crab Shack, or Chili's. But, a free meal out was a free meal out. Occasionally we'd be able to land a higher end restaurant. Got to do Truluck's a couple of times.

Why couldn't it be Ruth's Chris right? :lol

marini martini
04-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Do you get to pick what you want to secret shop? I'd like to secret shop, cruises or all inclusive resorts! :toast

I. Hustle
04-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Do you get to pick what you want to secret shop? I'd like to secret shop, cruises or all inclusive resorts! :toast

LOL
The one that I signed up with only does AT&T center events. So mostly games and concerts.

CheapBastard
04-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Free!? I'm in.

marini martini
04-04-2013, 11:19 AM
I think I'm gonna have to do a little research on this Secret Shopper gig! I had a friend that got to secret shop Hotels. Thought that sounded cool! A mini vacation from home is always a treat! :toast

I. Hustle
04-05-2013, 08:50 AM
I thought there would be more cheapskates asking about this. I didn't know there were so many richers.

BobaFett1
04-05-2013, 09:22 AM
I hate folks who do this bullshit.

Drachen
04-05-2013, 09:32 AM
I thought there would be more cheapskates asking about this. I didn't know there were so many richers.

Then I'll bet you REALLY didn't expect this:

Spur|n|Austin
04-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Considered it when I was in college, but never got around to it. I would do it for the Spurs tickets for sure though, why not?

I. Hustle
04-05-2013, 10:02 AM

Then you hate me bitch. LOL I hate you too.

mrsmaalox
04-05-2013, 10:52 AM
I would be a secret shopper for the Adam & Eve store. Just saying.

That or Planet K would be fun :lol

Chingo Bling
04-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Chit, I need some secret choppers to visit my maņosas. I need to know if they are doing what they are supposed to do. Hit me up, guey. Lemme know if you can stop by.

Chingo Bling
04-05-2013, 11:05 AM
That or Planet K would be fun :lol

I has my own store. It's called Planet Que. It leaves you wondering "What the chit did I yust see?!"

phxspurfan
04-05-2013, 12:00 PM
I've seen stuff about this in CNBC but always thought the secret shoppers were employees of the company, and not low paid people off the street (no offense). I guess it makes sense though financially (no salary and no benefits paid out), and makes sense from an effectiveness perspective (3rd party doing the secret shopping, so not as big a chance the guy/girl is paid off by the store/employees to make them look good or give them good marks).

I. Hustle
04-05-2013, 01:52 PM
I've seen stuff about this in CNBC but always thought the secret shoppers were employees of the company, and not low paid people off the street (no offense). I guess it makes sense though financially (no salary and no benefits paid out), and makes sense from an effectiveness perspective (3rd party doing the secret shopping, so not as big a chance the guy/girl is paid off by the store/employees to make them look good or give them good marks).

LOL I don't take offense. It's not like it's a real income for me. I just use it for the free tickets and parking. Plus I decide if I want to sign up for a game or not.

Dro210
04-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Hey I'm not too busy to fill out some forms... Free 100 level and terrace level tickets would be sweet. 200s don't mean much considering you can buy em for $1 for pretty much every game, but still, free parking I guess. How'd you get started doing it?