symple19
04-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Giants get 2 of 3 from the Dodgers :smokin

symple19
04-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Think the D'backs will be solid

JMarkJohns
04-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Dbacks pitching needs to be better. Hopefully Miley is last years Miley and Corbin progresses. The staff is solid, but Cahill and McCarthy need to be better than the last two nights.

The offense will be fine, and defense arguably better.

All hinges on pitching.

symple19
04-04-2013, 03:39 PM
All hinges on pitching.

...As things usually do. In the NL, anyway

JMarkJohns
04-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Diamondbacks are interesting, though, since they have three or four vets headlining their rotation who'd be best as a 3/4/5 combo and a bunch of young arms still needing consistency before making their 1/2/3 type rise.

Ideally, in a year the Dbacks rotation looks like Kennedy, Miley, Skaggs, Corbin, Hudson/Cahill

But Miley needs to prove he can handle the workload, Skaggs needs to make the jump, and Corbin just needs to keep on keepin on.

symple19
04-05-2013, 12:12 PM
I've got Cahill on my fantasy team so I hope he's successful, but not against the Giants :lol Overall, I like the mix the D'backs have but I wonder about the bullpen. Seems like that's still the one area where the Giants have a big advantage (pitching-wise) over Zona/LA, imo. Of course, both of those teams will probably be better offensively than SF unless Pence/Panda have big years

In other news, Kemp has started out like garbage, although I was impressed with the Dodgers new Korean pitcher. I wonder if he'll be another of those asian "one good year and done" types, though

JMarkJohns
04-05-2013, 12:28 PM
If Bell gets right, the Dbacks bullpen is strong, but they traded a few proven strengths and are now relying on a few unprovens. High ceiling, but a middling risk.

symple19
04-06-2013, 06:14 AM
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/sV7qiEMtfNxoNWH21LzkVw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTM0MTtweW9mZj0wO3E9OD U7dz01MTI-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/Sports/AP_MLB/201304051657610384269-p2.jpg

JMarkJohns
04-07-2013, 12:17 AM
I've always thought it odd when World Series Champs don't open next season at home.

Diamondbacks look good.

That said, Upton's 5 homers through 5 games proving that despite quality pieces, Towers misjudged value and sold low.

Justin had a sprained thumb ligament for most of last season. No power at all.

Clearly he's healthy.

JMarkJohns
04-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Another win. Bullpen is shaky. Offense is cruising even without Ross, Bloomquist, and Eaton.

symple19
04-12-2013, 08:46 AM
:lmao Dodgers

:lmao Greinke

:lmao trying to hit Quentin like a free safety

Good thing for LA they have SP depth

JMarkJohns
04-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Mentally fragile, fragile, whatever...

symple19
04-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Hey JMark, what do you think about the Rockies? Any staying power or do you think this is just a hot start that will inevitably fizzle?

JMarkJohns
04-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Offense strong, but also hot. Doubtful they stick without a trade for a middle order starter and another bullpen arm.

ducks
04-21-2013, 11:34 PM
dbacks need a true ace
ian is a solid number 2 not ace
to bad he has boras as an agent

JMarkJohns
04-24-2013, 12:13 AM
If Bell gets right, the Dbacks bullpen is strong, but they traded a few proven strengths and are now relying on a few unprovens. High ceiling, but a middling risk.

Wow... This bullpen sucks! All names, no games...

ducks
04-26-2013, 10:05 AM
yeah their 8 in mlb before the giants seires their era was 2.6 4 in mlb
all the games are high leaverae
16 of their games have been decided by 2 runs or less
looks like they could use j-up you think

JMarkJohns
04-30-2013, 12:18 AM
Stupid fucking bullpen...

symple19
04-30-2013, 01:55 AM
I think the Giants were due for a clutch hit or two. Kennedy pitched well, as did Cain (relatively...still giving up too many homers). Hopefully Bumgarner can keep it going. He's been the best SF starter so far this year

ducks
04-30-2013, 07:58 PM
18 out of 25 games decided by 2 runs or less wears down your bullpen
also dbacks are like 7-1 in one run games
lot of high pressure pitching
not that the dbacks could not use chris johnson and j-up bat now

Robz4000
04-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Padres starting to warm up. It'll prolly lead to nothing but fuck I need some reason to have hope in this team.

JMarkJohns
05-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Goldschmidt, Gregorious, and Corbin leading the way. Some great youth on team. Get healthy, get right, and this team will be there in the end.

symple19
05-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Great home stand for SF. Lincecum even had a quality start.

LOL Melky Cabrera will get his world series ring when the Giants play at Toronto. Dude should put that thing on Ebay, tbh

JMarkJohns
05-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Stupid bullpen still not right.

midnightpulp
05-14-2013, 11:19 AM
:lol Beckett
:lol 0-5

JMarkJohns
05-27-2013, 11:54 PM
If the bullpen didn't suck and they didn't have 6 starters injured, Diamondbacks might be best team in baseball. Pitching still concerns me overall. Their lineup gets healthy and they might have seven .300 hitters in Parra, Gregorious, Goldschmidt, Chavez, Prado, Hill, Ross. Throw in Kubel, and Montero with top prospect Adam Eaton and the lineup is stacked.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-28-2013, 09:19 AM
leaverae
Can anyone tell me what the fuck this word is

Aztecfan03
05-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Can anyone tell me what the fuck this word is

leverage?

JMarkJohns
06-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Hahaha... Fuck all you divisional bitches!

Braden Shipley!

In two years, Diamondbacks rotation will look like:

1. RHP Archie Bradley - 95-98 fastball, currently owning AA Mobile.
2. LHP Tyler Skaggs - 91-93 fastball, plus command projected w/ dominant hammer curve.
3. RHP Braden Shipley - 93-97 fastball, dominant change up, plus slurve.
4. LHP Patrick Corbin - "best slider in game" (Todd Helton). Current 2ish MLB ERA.
5. RHP Daniel Hudson/LHP Wade Miley - former +fastball/change, latter 2012 All-Star.

Hahaha...

JMarkJohns
06-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Up 1-0 with Affeldt relieving Cain in the 8th, with two on and one out, the Giants get Goldschmidtted on!

Homer

AZ wins 3-1!

Goldschmidt might be the best player not named Miguel Cabrerra.

symple19
06-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Giants shitty play on the road is killing them. Winning this series would be a nice shot in the arm

JMarkJohns
06-10-2013, 01:40 AM
Giants got a really crappy Diamondbacks rotation this series. Skaggs isn't quite ready and Cahill is a dud at Chase. Good series get. Took a game off the lead.

ducks
06-10-2013, 03:02 PM
skaggs is a year away hopefully he gets a taste of it where their injuries go down to triple a get it right then be like patrick this year

without patrick the starting pitching SUCKS
patrick should really be 12-0

cahill is a dude every other game

symple19
06-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Too many goddamn injuries. Sabean better go get a SP

JMarkJohns
06-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Arms race twixt San Francisco and Arizona.

Both need a legit frontline starter.

I suspect LA discovered a tip or a tell in his windup because they pummeled him in that 5th inning.

Might be coming back to earth, and he's been the only consistent pitcher.

symple19
06-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Talk right now is that the Giants (among others) are interested in Ricky Nolasco/SP Marlins. I'll be fucking pissed if Sabean gives away a prospect for a guy who amounts to a 3rd starter on his best day. SF farm system is as weak as it's been in quite some time and needs to be protected.

If Vogelsong can't regain form when he returns and Cain continues to struggle, it's over. With the Pads playing good ball, the Giants are even in danger of dropping to 4th.

Might just be one of those years where the injuries are just too much to overcome

JMarkJohns
06-13-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm hearing reports Arizona is willing to give up highly ranked lefty Tyler Skaggs (main piece in Haren to Angels trade) in a to acquire Cliff Lee.

Not sure I like that.

Granted, with Corbin and Miley the Diamondbacks have two young lefties who have or will make the all-star game each of the past two years, and with how fast Archie Bradley is ascending, they have that dominant righty coming.

But they sold low on Scherzer in 2009, netting Ian Kennedy and Edwin Jackson. While Kennedy has gone in the crapper, and the acquired prospects from when Jackson was later traded to White Sox have struggled, Hudson to injury and Holmberg through inconsistency, Scherzer has ascended to frontline starter, all-star, and some say best pitcher on a staff that includes Justin Verlander.

They sold low on Jarrod Parker in 2012, netting an up/down #3 in Cahill who looks good overall, but who's violently inconsistent, meanwhile Parker is a steadying starter for the A's in roughly the same role, is younger, and costs less.

I anticipate Skaggs becoming a nearly prime Zito-type lefty shortly.

Hard giving up on that for an aging lefty.

Robz4000
06-14-2013, 11:45 AM
My Padres have initiated the rape train. Rest of the NL West better watch the fuck out.

In all seriousness, if they're competing into September I'll be pleasantly surprised.

ducks
06-14-2013, 01:05 PM
I like skaggs but he is a year to two away yet

corbin is the real deal though but he needs to throw more balls
kt thinks they can win now if they get cliff lee.
THEY need a true number one. I would be shocked though if the owner is willing to pay one player that much money
ian should have signed that extension after that cy run he had

ducks
06-14-2013, 01:06 PM
cahill pitches well every other game
HE STINKS

symple19
06-15-2013, 02:20 AM
My Padres have initiated the rape train. Rest of the NL West better watch the fuck out.

In all seriousness, if they're competing into September I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Black is a massively underrated manager. If he wasn't there, they'd already be out of it, imo

Robz4000
06-15-2013, 02:39 AM
Black is a massively underrated manager. If he wasn't there, they'd already be out of it, imo

Best manager in the NL tbh. The Padres do have a lot of young talent tho. Happens when you trade away all your players worth a damn (Gonzo, Latos, Rizzo, etc).

symple19
06-15-2013, 02:49 AM
Best manager in the NL tbh. The Padres do have a lot of young talent tho. Happens when you trade away all your players worth a damn (Gonzo, Latos, Rizzo, etc).

Not sure about best in the NL (Bochy, Matheny)

But the rest of your take I would agree with. That org has something special and they'll probably end up firing him for reasons he has nothing to do with. If the Giants hadn't hired Bochy, they would have hired Black.

Won't be surprised if your Pads take over 3rd.

Robz4000
06-15-2013, 03:54 AM
Not sure about best in the NL (Bochy, Matheny)

But the rest of your take I would agree with. That org has something special and they'll probably end up firing him for reasons he has nothing to do with. If the Giants hadn't hired Bochy, they would have hired Black.

Won't be surprised if your Pads take over 3rd.

Before the season started my hopes were the Pads would be 3rd int he NL. Looks to be a solid goal so far. Black is only 3 seasons off his MotY award, and tbh other than Bochy I would 100% consider him the best in the NL. We'll see where the season goes, tho.

symple19
06-15-2013, 04:21 AM
Before the season started my hopes were the Pads would be 3rd int he NL. Looks to be a solid goal so far. Black is only 3 seasons off his MotY award, and tbh other than Bochy I would 100% consider him the best in the NL. We'll see where the season goes, tho.

lol, in terms of talent, the Pads don't belong anywhere near the top of the division. But Black is a pimp, and as a Giants fan I can definitely appreciate what he's done.

Good luck and welcome to the thread :tu

Robz4000
06-15-2013, 04:30 AM
lol, in terms of talent, the Pads don't belong anywhere near the top of the division. But Black is a pimp, and as a Giants fan I can definitely appreciate what he's done.

Good luck and welcome to the thread :tu

:lol in terms of talent the Doyers should be running away with the division yet they're in last. Good luck to you too Giants bro. I had ya'll neck and neck with the Dbacks for the division, but I gave ya'll the edge due to championship experience.

symple19
06-15-2013, 04:39 AM
:lol in terms of talent the Doyers should be running away with the division yet they're in last. Good luck to you too Giants bro. I had ya'll neck and neck with the Dbacks for the division, but I gave ya'll the edge due to championship experience.

lol Dodgers. I hope they all die in a fiery explosion of some sort. Baseball is a beautiful game that rarely goes by the rules, and this year is proving that yet again. With the amount of talent in the Pads system, there's no reason it shouldn't be a strong division for a long time.

Colorado I can't figure out, other than their strong offense. Tulo is a beast, but their pitching is overachieving. The D'backs are solid throughout, despite the rut their pitching is in. SD and ARZ are set for the future, while the Giants are hurt and COL is playing above themselves. SD has potential, but I feel like they need a bit more to really raise their level (a veteran pitcher?)

Too bad the Central is swole, and the winner of the West will probably be the only representative of the division.

JMarkJohns
06-15-2013, 09:52 AM
If in two years Arizona's rotation is Bradley, Skaggs, Shipley, Corbin, Cahill/Miley, then they'll be set. If they start screwing around with this core to win short-term, they'll screw themselves over.

They need to offer Holmberg/Davidson/Delgado for a quality 3.5 ERA pitcher. Someone like Kennedy used to be, preferably with two years remaining on contract. That package is the top hitting prospect, a top-5 overall pitching and a top-10 overall pitching prospect within the organization. Any other organization and Holmberg would be a B+, top-3, and Delgado a B, top-5. Few organizations have a Bradley, Skaggs, Shipley as their top-3 prospects.

If that's good enough for Lee, great. If not, get quality arm from a bottom feeder.

Robz4000
06-15-2013, 10:39 AM
lol Dodgers. I hope they all die in a fiery explosion of some sort. Baseball is a beautiful game that rarely goes by the rules, and this year is proving that yet again. With the amount of talent in the Pads system, there's no reason it shouldn't be a strong division for a long time.

Colorado I can't figure out, other than their strong offense. Tulo is a beast, but their pitching is overachieving. The D'backs are solid throughout, despite the rut their pitching is in. SD and ARZ are set for the future, while the Giants are hurt and COL is playing above themselves. SD has potential, but I feel like they need a bit more to really raise their level (a veteran pitcher?)

Too bad the Central is swole, and the winner of the West will probably be the only representative of the division.

Colorado has the offense, but everything else is fairly mediocre. I expect them to finish towards the bottom of the division. Padres need a true Ace, whether that means one of their pitchers emerge as one or they go out and acquire one. The NL Central is ridiculous, but I expect the Reds to choke again. St Louis might represent the NL on the big dance again tho.

ducks
06-15-2013, 08:22 PM
is bradley a true ace?

Aztecfan03
06-22-2013, 01:56 AM
Padres in 2nd place. Will probably win two more against the Dodgers to complete 4-game sweep. If we can beat Kershaw with 2 long relievers, we should beat weinke with volquez and whoever else with Cashner.

JMarkJohns
06-22-2013, 05:06 PM
is bradley a true ace?

He's baseball's top pitching prospect at the moment.

I'd hope so.

Dbacks signed Shipley, so reserves are in the wings.

Padres are looking every bit the grind it out team that Arizona is. Hopefully Goldschmidt is out of his funk and carries the team through the All-Star break.

JMarkJohns
06-26-2013, 12:40 AM
We have some shitty pitching beyond each team's ace in this division.

symple19
06-26-2013, 06:49 AM
True..

And a big WTF to the Giants for not being able to beat the Dodgers with guys on 1st/2nd and no outs

ducks
06-26-2013, 10:40 AM
cahill needs to get traded asp

dodgers are going to make a run and have assets and money to make it happen

JMarkJohns
06-26-2013, 01:09 PM
Dodgers have money and like one or two chips. They don't really have assets after overpaid MLB players.

Cahill needs to be a fifth starter with no pressure. Whenever he's to be counted on, he fades.

midnightpulp
06-27-2013, 12:15 AM
Division standings getting tight. Dodgers only 5 1/2 out.

Too bad the Phillies are coming into town. Timmy2Zo's voodoo will work its mojo and the Dodgers will probably be right back where they started.

Robz4000
06-27-2013, 12:22 PM
Can't believe the fucking Padres dropped 2 of 3 at home to the Phillies. God dammit T2Z.

ducks
06-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Gallardo, who is 6-7 with a 4.20 ERA on the season, is already receiving "some" trade interest, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. The Brewers are not yet sure if they will trade Gallardo, but would only do so with no restrictions, meaning that the ten teams on his no-trade list are likely eliminated from the race to acquire him.

Most notably, the Orioles, Indians, and Angels will likely be in pursuit of starting pitching as the deadline approaches, and may have to look elsewhere due to their status on Gallardo's no-trade list.

Absent from the list are the Arizona Diamondbacks, who according to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, have interest in trading for him. The Texas Rangers and Los Angeles Dodgers, who are also expected to pursue Gallardo, can also acquire him without his approval.

In the coming weeks, the Brewers will be open to moving many players, as noted in yesterday's piece.

JMarkJohns
07-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Skaggs, bitches!

Robz4000
07-06-2013, 03:26 AM
:cry Padres have gone to shit again

ducks
07-10-2013, 12:16 PM
dodgers piags is an asshole
trying to take home clearly out trying to shove miggy when there was not even a play
miggy waving his figure saying NO NO
then in outfiled tearing up the outfield and throwing his glove like a 2 year old

ducks
07-10-2013, 12:18 PM
if skaggs is on the block kt should be shot
they need to just dump cowhill
if have to I guess you throw in chris ownings or get him gone

unless you make chris ownings a third baseman and move pardo to left after you trade jason useless

symple19
07-14-2013, 02:18 AM
Det no-no (which nobody noticed because of the TM case, smh)

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/7/14/1/anigif_enhanced-buzz-5081-1373779366-0.gif

symple19
07-14-2013, 02:25 AM
148 pitches :wow

13 SO's :wow

Giants have really played well in this series. Helluva shot in the arm

JMarkJohns
07-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Was at the game. Chatted with Trevor Hoffman (#BearDown) before the game, then watched a no-no!

symple19
07-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Was at the game. Chatted with Trevor Hoffman (#BearDown) before the game, then watched a no-no!

Damn... Jealous as fuck. Heard the Pads stadium is really nice. Glad you got to see something so rare and awesome

Also, looked like a lot of Giants fans in attendance for the game (as usual :lol)

Robz4000
07-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Meh, Padres are a dead stick. Not sure wtf happened the past few weeks; even with all the injuries they were rolling along.

ducks
07-14-2013, 06:42 PM
curt schilling predicts that giants will let tim walk
he said there is no way you pitch that many pitches
he said he threw that many pitches and had two elbow surgerys the next year
he said they were stressfully pitches because he was trying to get the no no
he said only a 30 year old guy could possible go that far because he had experience
one other guy on the espn set said he will have like 10 days off that is like skipping a start

JMarkJohns
07-15-2013, 12:16 AM
The group of fans I was near were all pulling for 150 pitches as much as the no-no. Pence's catch was amazing live. The air was sucked out of the stadium, them BAM!, rousing cheers!

Hoffman was chill. Was awesome chatting baseball for a few minutes.

IronMexican
07-21-2013, 12:19 PM
The Dodgers are surging. Though, I would be lying if I said I've been keeping up. Time doesn't allow me to watch so much sports anymore. At least on weekdays.

Taking a car to work, so maybe that will help now.

JMarkJohns
07-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Dodgers surging, getting healthy, but Puig slumping. How will he react to a benching? Clubhouses are like a boat in a tempest.

JMarkJohns
07-25-2013, 01:33 AM
Diamondbacks are at the point where all their veteran pitchers suck and their young studs are their only hope going forward. Kennedy shit the bed again, tonight.

Rotation should be Corbin, Miley, Delgado, Skaggs and Holmberg or Chafin. Trade Kennedy for anything. When Cahill get back, go 6-man rotation to limit innings of youngsters. When McCarthy comes back, pitch him in relief or trade him.

Diamondbacks need to prep for next year.

Outfield needs to be Parra, Pollack, Eaton with Ross starting two games a week and pinch hitting.

Trade Kubel for anything. Bring up Owings from Reno for middle INF depth and only play Prado at 3rd.

1B: Goldschmidt... Chavez... Prado
2B: Hill, Pennington... Owings
SS: Gregorious, Owings... Pennington
3B: Prado, Chavez... Pennington
OF: Parra, Pollack, Eaton, Ross... Prado

All the parts are here for the future. Twixt All-Stars like 1B Goldschmidt, C Montero, LHP Corbin, LHP Miley, young studs like SS Gregorious, LHP Skaggs, RHP Delgado, and Future's All-Stars like RHP Archie Bradley, INF Chris Owings, and MVP OF/INF Davidson, the future needs to be prioritized, not shopped for a stop-gap to the next veteran disappointment.

Not saying give up on this year. Just saying that most of AZs vets aren't helping, so scrap them.

ducks
07-25-2013, 11:24 AM
I am sick of them
dbacks are 18-2 when corbin pitches
other starters 34-46
dbacks are two games under .500 now in 9 inning games
10-5 now in extra innings
even if the dbacks make the postseason they will not do anything

Davidson I am not sold on to much bad d
I would try to trade kubel and ross
signing ross was so fucking stupid

ducks
07-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Trade Rumors Swirl Around Jake Peavy
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/trade-rumors-swirl-around-jake-peavy-170100768.html

Arizona Diamondbacks

GM Kevin Towers has not openly admitted his interest in Peavy, but the recent implosions by Ian Kennedy and overall youth of the Arizona rotation mean the Diamondbacks will at least make a play for Peavy. Arizona scouts were present at his most recent start, though they conceivably could have been looking at Matt Lindstrom.

While they, too, have the prospects to net a player of Peavy's caliber, the cost in talent and dollars may deter Arizona from being serious contenders. The White Sox would likely ask for talented rookie Adam Eaton, but a deal involving blocked shortstop prospect Chris Owings and/or Triple-A third baseman Matt Davidson could certainly be reasonable.

IMO not sure why eaton is untouchable?

JMarkJohns
07-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Why trade young, cheap top-50 prospects for a washed up, expensive veteran?

Gambo has been stead fast in saying there's no interest because of cost.

ducks
07-26-2013, 05:06 PM
not trading pitchers and getting rid of extra outfielders I make the move
dbacks need a vet starter ian is not that man
I would trade ian ot just FLAT OUT GIVE THAT GUY away

JMarkJohns
07-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Trade Kennedy and Kubel for relievers.

Stand pat offensively and wait for September call ups of Davidson/Owings.

Make rotation Corbin, Miley, Cahill, Skaggs, Delgado with McCarthy as occasional sixth member and mostly long relief alongside Collmentor.

Have Ziegler remain closer, occasionally throwing Putz if necessary, with Harris as 8th inning guy and Hernandez/Bell as 6th/7th inning, and acquisitions used as specialists.

ducks
07-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Phillies To Listen To Offers On Cliff Lee

By Charlie Wilmoth [July 26 at 6:36pm CST]

The Phillies will listen to offers on starting pitcher Cliff Lee, ESPN's Jerry Crasnick reports. It doesn't sound like GM Ruben Amaro Jr. is in any rush to move Lee, however. "Although we don't have any desire to move a guy like that because we view him as someone who will be key to our future, I am a businessperson as well and I'll be a good listener," Amaro says.

If the Phillies were to become more receptive to moving Lee, it would mark a dramatic change in the trade market for starting pitching. With the Cubs having found a new home for Matt Garza in Texas, some of the top potential trade targets remaining include Jake Peavy, Ervin Santana, Bud Norris and Yovani Gallardo, and it's far from certain that all those players will be dealt.

As Crasnick suggests, Lee's contract will be an obstacle for potential suitors, particularly those with smaller payrolls. Lee has a salary of $25MM this season, and is owed $25MM per season for both 2014 and 2015. He has a $27.5MM club option for 2016 with a $12.5MM buyout. He has a limited no-trade clause that allows him to decline trades to 21 teams. Lee, 34, has a 3.05 ERA with 8.1 K/9 and 1.4 BB/9 this season.

The Phillies have lost five in a row, and their chances of making the playoffs are remote -- they're eight games back in the NL East, and 9.5 games back in the NL Wild Card chase. But Amaro still sounds noncommital about selling at the deadline, even if he's potentially open to it. "I can't sit here and say I'm not going to trade Chase (Utley), or Cliff, or Michael Young or Chooch (Carlos Ruiz), or any of these guys," he says. "Some guys are less tradeable than others. But I think I owe it to us as an organization to listen."

0 0 0 0

ducks
07-26-2013, 06:45 PM
would dodgers think Puig is untouchable to get lee?

JMarkJohns
07-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Phillies waited too long. The best package to get was the package Cubs got for Garza from Texas.

Diamondbacks aren't trading Bradley, nor do I think they trade Skaggs.

I could see a Holmberg/Delgado with either Davidson or Owings being offered, but I'm not sure two 3/4-type rotation pitching prospects and maybe an All-Star level infield prospect is enough.

Maybe if they include Chafin for a dominant bullpen prospect and swap in Pollock for Holmerg?

Delgado/Pollock are major league proven, and each has played incredible at times, while Chafin is dominating double AA and has elite closer stuff or 3/4 rotation stuff. Similar to Holmberg, but more versatile, but maybe less likely to succeed as a starter long term.

Either way, I don't see a major move like that.

JMarkJohns
07-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Fuck trading Delgado right now. I'd like to see what he has. Let him pitch out this season as a starter. I see his value only going up. His ceiling might be as high as a great #3, quality #2.

I think Delgado/Holmberg/prospect could fetch a James Shields-type pitcher in the offseason.

ducks
07-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Pirates, D'Backs Front Runners For Brian Wilson

By Tim Dierkes [July 29 at 2:52pm CST]

The Pirates and Diamondbacks are the strong front runners for free agent reliever Brian Wilson, tweets Bob Nightengale of USA Today, who notes that Wilson has offers from four NL teams and one AL club. Yesterday, Yahoo's Tim Brown noted interest from the same mix of five teams.

Wilson, 31, auditioned for teams Thursday with the Pirates, Diamondbacks, Athletics, Giants, Phillies, Rangers, Rockies and Cardinals in attendance. The former Giants closer had Tommy John surgery in April 2012.

10 4 0

ducks
07-29-2013, 06:14 PM
Diamondbacks Shopping Kubel, Kennedy

By Steve Adams [July 29 at 5:40pm CST]

The Diamondbacks have been shopping Jason Kubel and Ian Kennedy, according to Peter Gammons of the MLB Network (on Twitter). Gammons notes that the salary they would save by moving both players still wouldn't be enough to offset the acquisition of Jake Peavy, a favorite of Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers. Both Kubel and Kennedy have struggled in 2013.

Kubel, 31, belted 30 homers last year in his first season with the Snakes, but his overall production masked a dreadful second half. Kubel hit .201/.275/.470 following the All-Star break last season, and he's batting just .234/.312/.356 with five homers this season. He's battled a quad injury that has required two trips to the DL this season in the second year of a two-year, $15MM contract he signed in Decmeber 2011. Kubel's deal also contains a mutual option for 2015.

Kennedy, 28, has a 5.22 ERA with 7.6 K/9, 3.4 BB/9 and a 36.2 percent ground-ball rate in 119 innings this season. Each of those represents the worst full-season mark of Kennedy's career, though his primary problem has been struggles with men on base. Kennedy has stranded just 65.9 percent of baserunners this season -- a drastic decline from his career mark of 74.9 percent he carried into this season. Kennedy is earning $4.27MM this season and is controlled through the 2015 season as an arbitration-eligible player.

Robz4000
07-30-2013, 01:20 AM
Padres waking up again. They're 9 1/2 games out and the Doyers are rolling, but if they can get healthy I think they'll contend for a playoff berth through September, which is what I wanted to see in the beginning of the season.

ducks
07-31-2013, 01:32 PM
Padres To Acquire Ian Kennedy

By Tim Dierkes [July 31 at 1:10pm CST]

The Padres have bolstered their rotation for the present and future, acquiring righty Ian Kennedy from the division rival Diamondbacks for lefty reliever Joe Thatcher, Double-A reliever Matt Stites, and a compensation round B draft pick, according to a tweet from MLB.com's Corey Brock. It's a surprisingly light haul for Kennedy, a 28-year-old who is under team control through 2015 as an arbitration eligible player.

USATSI_7329036

Drafted 21st overall by the Yankees in '06, Kennedy joined Arizona in the December 2009 three-team trade with the Yanks and Tigers, at a time when Josh Byrnes was the Diamondbacks' GM. Byrnes was fired the following year and later landed the GM job in San Diego, while Kevin Towers took over for Arizona. Clearly, Byrnes has an affinity for Kennedy, who tossed 624 1/3 regular season innings from 2010-12 with a 3.55 ERA. Kennedy's walk rate worsened this year, en route to a 5.23 ERA in 124 frames. His skills suggest something closer to 4.00 moving forward. Kennedy scored a near-record $4.265MM salary for 2013, his first arbitration year, and MLBTR contributor Matt Swartz projects a mild raise to the $5.9MM range for 2014.

Thatcher is a useful left-handed specialist who joined the Padres in a July 2007 trade brokered by Towers. The 31-year-old has a 2.10 ERA, 8.7 K/9, 1.2 BB/9, 0.90 HR/9, and 42.4% groundball rate in 30 innings this year. He's faced 70 lefty batters and held them to a .212/.257/.231 line. Earning $1.35MM this year, Thatcher is under team control through 2014 as an arbitration eligible player.

Stites, a 23-year-old reliever, has a 2.08 ERA, 8.8 K/9, 1.4 BB/9, and 1.04 HR/9 in 52 Double-A innings this year. Prior to the season Baseball America ranked the 5'11" Stites 27th among Padres prospects.

ducks
07-31-2013, 01:32 PM
ian needed to go

Robz4000
07-31-2013, 02:12 PM
Padres gonna make a run at the postseason!

JMarkJohns
07-31-2013, 02:57 PM
Good trade for both. Thatcher really helps AZ situational bullpen, and they got a great closer prospect in Stites, and a solid top-75ish pick.

Kennedy really had no value, so that's a solid haul.

Kennedy should do better at Petco, where I'm currently at. No announcement. Weird.

ducks
07-31-2013, 11:39 PM
yeah I like this trade
just wish kubel was gone for anything
heard they got a few calls but kt did nothing useless

ducks
07-31-2013, 11:39 PM
wished dbacks still had parker over cahill

irishock
08-01-2013, 12:03 AM
:lol Dodgers

ducks
08-01-2013, 12:05 AM
overbay big hit

ginobili's bald spot
08-06-2013, 01:40 PM
lol d-backs. Faggots

ducks
08-06-2013, 02:19 PM
no that would be the dodgers

symple19
08-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Fucking Dodgers :lol

C'mon Arizona!

JMarkJohns
08-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Arizona has no chance to catch Dodgers without a drastic and abrupt end to this current Dodgers team.

They have enough for the wildcard, but need to find a groove. They haven't been groovin' since early June. Played under .500 last 60 games.

ducks
08-12-2013, 03:59 PM
I ship cahill out asp

symple19
08-12-2013, 04:02 PM
Arizona has no chance to catch Dodgers without a drastic and abrupt end to this current Dodgers team.

They have enough for the wildcard, but need to find a groove. They haven't been groovin' since early June. Played under .500 last 60 games.

I realize this, but one can still hope

JMarkJohns
08-12-2013, 05:55 PM
The just lost Ross for a while, plus Chavez now on DL for a few weeks.

symple19
08-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Breaks my heart to see BWeez in a Dodgers jersey. :cry