PDA

View Full Version : Suns notebook - D’Antoni contract extension nearing

ducks
07-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Suns notebook - D’Antoni contract extension nearing
By Mike Tulumello, Tribune
July 7, 2005
The draft, a big trade, the attempt to keep Joe Johnson and Amaré Stoudemire, the search for players in free agency. . . . If the Suns can come up for air long enough, there’s one other item lingering on the table this summer: A contract extension for coach Mike D’Antoni.
Related Links
Sports
Suns president Bryan Colangelo would only say, "It’s quite possible that once the dust settles from our offseason activities, including the draft and free agency, that we will open discussions with Mike and his representative."

D’Antoni has two years left on a deal that pays him a little less than $2 million per season. That puts him in the bottom third of the NBA’s coaching pay scale.

His stock rose with the Suns’ stunning 62-20 season and his NBA coach of the year award.

D’Antoni’s agent, Warren Legarie, declined comment.

BONUS SHOTS: With Nate McMillan taking the coaching job in Portland, Suns assistant Marc Iavaroni may be a leading candidate for the vacant Seattle job. Iavaroni and Seattle president Wally Walker were college teammates at Virginia and remain close. . . . The Suns beat Sacramento 81-75 on opening night of the Las Vegas summer league.

1Parker1
07-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Ducks, Stop posting NBA crap in here! I really don't want to be reading about Adnois and the Suns :(

SenorSpur
07-07-2005, 03:44 PM
I know he is a former Spur, but I grew so tired of his constant whining during the Suns/Spurs series. I think he's an arrogant ass and I can't wait for the Spurs to put yet another foot in their collective asses next year!

Sign on the dotted line, you'll continue to be Western Conference bridesmaids for years to come!