PDA

View Full Version : SI.com "Duncan's Resurgence Fueling Spurs Title Worthy D

cd021
04-04-2013, 01:35 PM
http://nba.si.com/2013/04/04/tim-duncan-san-antonio-spurs-defense/?sct=uk_t12_a2 (Full Article)

"Duncan doesn’t fly around the court these days, but he’s been a huge benefit to San Antonio this season purely by understanding when to gravitate from one threat to the next. His dwindling speed sometimes forces him to close out too aggressively on pick-and-pop shooters and thus makes him vulnerable to basic shot fakes, but it’s for that reason that Gregg Popovich generally assigns the nimbler Tiago Splitter to defend the opponent’s pick-and-roll threats. In that switch of assignment, Duncan is free to focus on the intricacies of his rotational defense — those micro-managed mini steps that allow him to inch his way into position and help against a drive or a cut. "

Thread
04-04-2013, 01:58 PM
That'll surely retard the suicide rate in Bexar County later on tonite.

tee, hee.

Budkin
04-04-2013, 02:50 PM
"Title worthy D?" :lmao

cd021
04-04-2013, 03:07 PM

3rd in Defensive rate...

EricB
04-04-2013, 05:56 PM

The numbers say so.

Even the most stubborn of bloggers who analyze these things to the T agree.

but hey play contrarian grouch ass.

Budkin
04-04-2013, 06:02 PM
The numbers say so.

Even the most stubborn of bloggers who analyze these things to the T agree.

but hey play contrarian grouch ass.

Ok guess I'm way off. Just been thinking about the last 6-7 games where we can't get stops at the end.

ElNono
04-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Ok guess I'm way off. Just been thinking about the last 6-7 games where we can't get stops at the end.

Spurs are 4-3 in the last 7, two of those wins within 2 points due to stops at the end. Duncan also didn't play in one of those losses.

pgardn
04-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Duncan could easily be DPOY.

He will not be chosen, but anyone who has watched him this year knows how good he has been.

cd021
04-04-2013, 07:45 PM

75 games and you're looking at 6-7 games.:lmao That is the proper use of that. I suggest you go to Pounding the rock. They are doing a series (I think its already had three articles posted) about how Duncan is clearly the defensive player of the year. Its truly ridiculous how great he has been. He blocks a ton of shots and seldom fouls thats always a recipe for success in the NBA.

EricB
04-04-2013, 08:06 PM

They had no stops against the Nuggets and Clippers? They hold Memphis without their three best defenders to 92?

apparently my standards are too low..

Budkin
04-04-2013, 11:15 PM
They had no stops against the Nuggets and Clippers? They hold Memphis without their three best defenders to 92?

apparently my standards are too low..

Ok ok I'm totally wrong. :lol. Still frustrated by those close losses I guess.