PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Clippers' locker room is in turmoil

djohn2oo8
04-04-2013, 04:51 PM
The Clippers are in trouble. They got their 50th win of this storybook season Wednesday night, a franchise record, but internal problems seriously threaten their chances for extraordinary postseason success. The feel-good Clippers are gone, with DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin's immaturity dragging the team down. Jordan wants nothing to do with Coach Vinny Del Negro because he blames Del Negro for burying him on the bench. Yet Jordan's inability to play consistently or make free throws, thereby turning the ball over to the opposition much like a turnover, makes him a liability in close games. Jordan sees it differently, and he has for the last two seasons, maintaining he would be more productive if allowed to play more. He's as likable as they come and overloaded with athletic ability. But as an NBA starter on a team that wants to compete for championships, he's more cancer than consistent contributor while failing to justify what he's being paid.

Griffin is Jordan's buddy, and still a kid.

His development has been sabotaged by his inability to accept criticism of any sort.

It helps explain why he's always at odds with the referees. He's never done anything wrong, as he sees it, so why are they blowing a whistle and calling him out?

He takes a punishment when he plays, and right now he's playing hurt. But he reacts like a kid when done wrong, looking for the opportunity to get even while giving no regard to how that might affect his team's performance.

He wants the ball like any great player, but when it doesn't go to him, he pouts. He's 24. Most of the time the ball goes to Griffin, but he's concerned only about the times when it doesn't.

The other night in Sacramento, Griffin and Jordan exchanged words on the bench. Griffin told Jordan he best never again stare him down as he did when Griffin failed to give Jordan a good pass for a dunk.

Everyone else was left to sit there while waiting for the kids to stop bickering.

The pair have also grown tired of Chris Paul's voice, which is understandable at times.

Paul, very much like Kobe Bryant — who has turned off Dwight Howard with his out-of-this-world standards — is relentless. He never shuts up. And Jordan and Griffin have become weary of him.

When asked about being annoying, Paul smiled and said, "I need to work on being a better leader."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-simers-clippers-20130404,0,7748206.column?page=1

HarlemHeat37
04-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Chris Paul is by far the most overrated leader in the NBA, tbh..

This article is terrible, btw..

Pop
04-04-2013, 04:58 PM
:lol Wow that's a real article wtf... So Paul is walking this summer?

Demonkey + Bledsoe for Garnett would have saved that team tbh.

KaiRMD1
04-04-2013, 04:58 PM
They should fight at the flag pole at 3 o'clock

LkrFan
04-04-2013, 05:01 PM
TJ Simers' articles always deliver the goods. Too bad for him stars don't take too kindly to him airing out their dirty laundry. The things he says about Blake doesn't surprise me one bit. Paul as well because of his big mouth. I'm interested to see Clipper Nation's :downspin: of this shit tbh.

Thread
04-04-2013, 05:02 PM
It's a black thing.

fevertrees
04-04-2013, 05:10 PM
"Varied by monkey type. It takes about 6 years for Capuchins monkey to reach sexual maturity. Macaques reach sexual maturity around 3 or 4 years old.

Squirrel monkeys are tiny monkeys from Central and South America. They take about 1 ½ years to reach sexual maturity."

These players are in their 20s so quit using the words "kids" around them.

DPG21920
04-04-2013, 05:11 PM
I bet Kool posts something about this..

Koolaid_Man
TJ Simers' articles always deliver the goods. Too bad for him stars don't take too kindly to him airing out their dirty laundry. The things he says about Blake doesn't surprise me one bit. Paul as well because of his big mouth. I'm interested to see Clipper Nation's :downspin: of this shit tbh.

all the real niggas on the streets that i talk to when at the barber shop all say the same thing bout dem Clippas...
Basically that them niggas look good aint going nowhere...Lakeshow have a better shot at advancing to 2nd round

DPG21920
:lol Bam ^

HI-FI
04-04-2013, 05:14 PM
:lolDPG with the shorty Nostradamus goods

Koolaid_Man
04-04-2013, 05:19 PM
:lolDPG with the shorty Nostradamus goods

then he should have known his ass was mine for the taking...he chose to let me fuck him.

HI-FI
04-04-2013, 05:23 PM
then he should have known his ass was mine for the taking...he chose to let me fuck him.

:lol Koolaid with the pseudo black/homo turnaround jumper, welshing DPG in the process...

DPG21920
04-04-2013, 05:28 PM
lol no one has been owned more than Kool by DPG. It's scary :lol

BatManu20
04-04-2013, 05:30 PM
That's one of the worst articles I've ever read tbh. Belongs on BR. It's hard to say that a team that's won 50 games is in turmoil.. might be the first time that's ever been said.

hater
04-04-2013, 05:38 PM
:lmao the writer sounds bitter. must be a lakerfan :lmao

Richie
04-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Chris Paul is everything to that team. Without him, the Clippers are back to the lottery

jeebus
04-04-2013, 05:52 PM
2 immature chimps who can't handle the pressure; not surprising tbh. it's gonna be funny to see that team if Paul walks away.

some nice gnsf goods in here as well.

Monkeyboy14
04-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Is anyone really surprised at this? :lol This team will never win a title with both Griffin and Jordan together. To much talk, not enough walk.

Robz4000
04-04-2013, 06:30 PM
When do they throw feces at each other tbh?

Clipper Nation
04-04-2013, 07:19 PM
:lmao the writer sounds bitter. must be a lakerfan :lmao

Nah, he trolls the Lakers too.... he's had Phil Jackson lose his shit and put him on blast in press conferences before :lol

But yeah, Simers has zero credibility and is known to exaggerate, tbh.... he's right that Griffin and DJ need to grow up, but I strongly doubt there's that much drama on a 50-win team, and he actually had the nerve to claim that Vinny's doing a good job of coaching :lol

whitemamba
04-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Nah, he trolls the Lakers too.... he's had Phil Jackson lose his shit and put him on blast in press conferences before :lol

But yeah, Simers has zero credibility and is known to exaggerate, tbh.... he's right that Griffin and DJ need to grow up, but I strongly doubt there's that much drama on a 50-win team, and he actually had the nerve to claim that Vinny's doing a good job of coaching :lol

:downspin: ittttttt

LkrFan
04-04-2013, 07:25 PM

You gotta be shitting me. Ever hear of Shaq & Kobe? :lol

Clipper Nation
TJ Simers' articles always deliver the goods.

You mean like these goods? :lol

But then I guess knowing that if someone writes "Lakers, Lakers, Lakers, Lakers" in the first paragraph, and "Kobe, Kobe, Kobe, Kobe" in the second -- making it one of the most viewed stories on The Times' website -- it really doesn't matter what you write about the Lakers.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-simers27feb27,1,4398954.column

Listen to yourselves, Lakers fans.

Reread your email and look in the mirror: You appear clueless and sound ridiculous.

The Lakers are doomed to fail over the next two seasons and you are only kidding yourself if you think something can be done to change it.

http://articles.latimes.com/images/pixel.gif
The guy who has played the hardest, giving it his all and who has been the best player on the court for the Lakers for the longest time is now the problem.

And deep down you know it because Kobe Bryant is not going anywhere, and he is not about to become a role-playing Tim Duncan or a pass-first LeBron James.

Like the fading MVP chants in Staples, try as he will, there's just not enough left to muster another championship run.

It really doesn't matter how good of a coach Mike Brown is, whether Jim Buss is allowed to discuss the team or whether Andrew Bynum should be traded.

As long as Kobe Bryant is here, the ball will be in his hands, and that's no longer a sure thing.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun/23/sports/la-sp-simers-20120624

The Lakers won. Yippee, hooray for them and all that stuff.

Phil now has more rings than Red, like any of us could sleep waiting for this moment, while Jeanie continues searching for her ring, but then that's tweet for another day.

http://articles.latimes.com/images/pixel.gif

Kobe did it without Shaq, because he had Pau.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jun/15/sports/sp-simers-lakers15

:downspin:

whitemamba

this, CN knowledge :lol

Clipper Nation
04-04-2013, 07:26 PM

Exception that proves the rule, son :lol

LkrFan
04-04-2013, 07:27 PM