PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Durant being fake humble, per par

Clipper Nation
04-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Also developing some Kirby/Westbrick-esque tendencies, tbh :lol

Kevin Durant said Carmelo Anthony “can have” the scoring title, but Durant’s actions say otherwise, at least according to David Thorpe of ESPN ($):

More importantly, he seems solely focused on winning another scoring title, which is driving his number of contested shots up and his field goal percentage down.

But lately Durant has become visibly frustrated when things stand in his way of winning the scoring title. In a recent game, he barked at the scorer’s table when he noticed they had not yet recorded his bucket on the JumboTron. In another instance, he chided Jackson for electing to pass to a more open teammate on a 3-on-1 break, despite the play resulting in a dunk that put the game out of reach late in the fourth quarter. Why? Durant knew the opposing team would call a timeout and in all likelihood he would not re-enter the game.

Durant also yelled at teammates for not pushing the ball when he alone would benefit from an easy basket, even when not pushing the ball was the better choice. And more than ever before, Durant can be seen raising his hands as he stands on the perimeter, calling for the ball as if his teammates don’t know where he is at all times. It is not easy to commit to an action when your team’s best player — and the league’s leading scorer — is looking for the pass.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/04/kevin-durant-acting-like-he-wants-scoring-title/

KaiRMD1
04-04-2013, 07:39 PM
It has begun......

Thread
04-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Now, now we want to cite & indict this behavior. Please. That ship sailed many moons ago. Let 'em alone.

AaronY
04-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Good news honestly, who's he really taking shots away from that needs more of them?

Clipper Nation
04-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Good news honestly, who's he really taking shots away from that needs more of them?

It's bad news regardless of who's losing out on shots, because Durant's jacking up worse shots (hence the higher number of contested shots), sniping at his teammates for not giving him the ball at all times, and worrying first and foremost about his personal stats during games (hence him yelling at the scorers' table to record a made basket).....

Basically, he's on his way to becoming a ballhog with a bad attitude, tbh...

Bynumite
04-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Kobe should have played that last regular game last season vs Sacramento and gone for 50 tbh, just to take the scoring title and leave this nigga Durant salty mad.

Fucking oversized kenyan marathon runner.

FkLA
04-04-2013, 07:56 PM

:lol

Thread
04-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Kobe should have played that last regular game last season vs Sacramento and gone for 50 tbh, just to take the scoring title and leave this nigga Durant salty mad.

I'm thinkin' Stern asked him not to and Kobe owes him big time.

LkrFan
04-04-2013, 08:12 PM

Fucking oversized kenyan marathon runner.:rollin :lmao :rollin

Clipper Nation
04-04-2013, 08:22 PM

:rollin

Latarian Milton
04-05-2013, 09:03 AM
dude is more interested in winning the scoring title for himself rather than the NBA title for his team tbh. dude is a world class talent w/o a doubt but he's just not the right stuff to make the foundation for a title contender. to be a legit leader of a team one is required to have good leadership, something durant has none of.

DMC
04-05-2013, 09:06 AM
So when Durant calls for the ball in the corner, does his teammate approval rating go down? Do you see the "bad call for a pass" or "excessive calls for a pass" indicators show on the screen? Does Clarke Kellogg make food comparisons?

DMC
04-05-2013, 09:07 AM

lol

KoolAid Mans Brother
04-05-2013, 09:15 AM
The scoring title winner hasn't won an NBA Championship that season in 14 consecutive years.

DMC
04-05-2013, 09:25 AM
The scoring title winner hasn't won an NBA Championship that season in 14 consecutive years.

These awards are most often consolation prizes. The team must have a standout, and often that standout isn't that far above others in the league, they just have a team of shitty players or a shitty system that allows them to chuck the ball at every opportunity. The same is often true for CotY. They often got a player or two in the off season that gets them a dozen or so more wins than the 5 wins they had last season, and so the coach with his shitty system gets the award as if he turned it around. Oddly enough (not shockingly) that coach often gets fired a couple years down the road when the rate of rise flattens or even becomes a rate of decay. The team isn't built for a long championship run. Only MJ could pull that off. These days you need options on offense. No one is going to drop 50 a game in the playoffs and win.

Only the 6th man award really means anything. A team that has a bench player that can come in and take over the game really has something, unless they just fake it and put one of their best guys on the bench like the Thunder did with Harden. Still, it said more about Harden than the CotY said about Avery. The Lamar Odom thing was weird.

Killakobe81
04-05-2013, 09:25 AM
But let's be reall all these guys care about stats.
Rondo and Paul are assist whores ...(Nash used to be).
Rose, Melo, Kobe, Durant, Westbrook are shot or ball hogs.
Lebron will expend mad energy to get a triple double and get salty if the NBA takes it away ..

Oh and Duncan and the Spurs care about his PF status ... none of that is about winning but yet all of those guys help their teams win.

It sounds nice to say these dudes put winning first but they all have big egos and millions are at stake ...

Clipper Nation
04-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Lebron will expend mad energy to get a triple double and get salty if the NBA takes it away ..
I don't know about that, but I have heard he and Wade have a contest every game as to who can shoot more efficiently.... of course, that actually DOES help the team win, as opposed to the "chuck-for-my-scoring-title" mentality that Kirby, Melo, and Durant have......

DMC
04-05-2013, 09:30 AM
But let's be reall all these guys care about stats.
Rondo and Paul are assist whores ...(Nash used to be).
Rose, Melo, Kobe, Durant, Westbrook are shot or ball hogs.

Oh and Duncan and the Spurs care about his PF status ... none of that is about winning but yet all of those guys help their teams win.

It sounds nice to say these dudes put winning first but they all have big egos and millions are at stake ...

There's life after the game, so you have to protect your legacy. The Spurs don't stat whore. Caring about your designation is different than stat whoring. A person who can compile crazy stats and win rings isn't a stat whore. He's a bad motherfucker taking advantage of his abilities and is fortunate enough to have a team and a system that allows it to mean something. There's been a few players over the decades who could have been there but never got into the right surroundings or had the wrong attitude about it. I always thought Vince Carter and TMac could have been in that discussion had they been more concerned with rings and less with exposure for points and dunks. At least Vince left Canada.

Latarian Milton
04-05-2013, 10:43 AM
t-mac won that title twice in a row while playing on one of the shittiest teams in the league back then...

benstanfield
04-05-2013, 11:02 AM
But I thought he was deferring to WB too much?

Killakobe81
04-05-2013, 10:48 PM
I don't know about that, but I have heard he and Wade have a contest every game as to who can shoot more efficiently.... of course, that actually DOES help the team win, as opposed to the "chuck-for-my-scoring-title" mentality that Kirby, Melo, and Durant have......

LeBron is a beast but he cares I've seen him bust his ass for triple doubles and he was salty they took away his msg triple double. I don't blame but don't act like he is some completely selfless guy doesn't care about numbers. Why then does he keep saying he could win the scoring title if he wanted? He could but by saying it shows he does ...but credit to him that even tho he does care he still plays the right way props to him. But I don't buy he doesn't care bullshit.

Kool Bob Love
04-06-2013, 10:31 AM

You couldn't find a bigger picture for your sig you fucking asshole? :nope

BobaFett1
04-06-2013, 03:59 PM

Remove sig not cool.