PDA

View Full Version : Former Enron CEO may have his prison sentence shortened

ElNono
04-04-2013, 08:52 PM
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-skilling-release-20130405,0,1104964.story

Wild Cobra
04-05-2013, 02:57 AM
What a waste of prison space. execute him, or let him out. Don't ever allow him to work a position of trust again. Put him on parole, and make him do jobs like McDonalds.

TDMVPDPOY
04-05-2013, 06:11 AM
if you let that clown out, then wouldnt that be a precedent to let that maddoff clown out also?

Wild Cobra
04-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Let them out on work release, like for a McDonald.

ElNono
04-05-2013, 08:25 PM
We'll see what happens, but apparently 'justice' is very different depending on the amount of coin you have...

Wild Cobra
04-05-2013, 08:29 PM
We'll see what happens, but apparently 'justice' is very different depending on the amount of coin you have...
It was a terrible crime, but not a violent crime. We have better use for prison spaces. I propose a work release program, that as long as they work and pay their way, they can be on probation. However, they can work only certain types of jobs. The middle class and lower pay jobs.

ElNono
04-05-2013, 08:41 PM
It was a terrible crime, but not a violent crime. We have better use for prison spaces.

What the fuck are you talking about? Dude doesn't need to work anymore. He has enough dough to lawyer up and he's set for life.

You're basically ok with giving him a get out of jail card after he robbed people blind.

Fraud is fraud, it shouldn't matter if you're a small time crook or the former Enron CEO.

Wild Cobra
04-05-2013, 09:37 PM
What the fuck are you talking about? Dude doesn't need to work anymore. He has enough dough to lawyer up and he's set for life.

You're basically ok with giving him a get out of jail card after he robbed people blind.

Fraud is fraud, it shouldn't matter if you're a small time crook or the former Enron CEO.
I suppose he could have assets like OJ does, that couldn't be touched. I didn't really consider that.

The Reckoning
04-06-2013, 01:45 AM
lol astros

ChumpDumper
04-06-2013, 01:52 AM
It was a terrible crime, but not a violent crime. We have better use for prison spaces. I propose a work release program, that as long as they work and pay their way, they can be on probation. However, they can work only certain types of jobs. The middle class and lower pay jobs.So free all nonviolent offenders.

Fabbs
04-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Some legal scholars said a deal was not that surprising considering how many years had passed and the potentially embarrassing allegations that could crop up on future appeals or in a new trial.

The Justice Department has had to face allegations of misconduct surrounding its specially formed Enron Task Force. Skilling's attorneys were planning to fight for a new trial based on that alleged misconduct.

"There have been just a spate of allegations of misconduct against the Justice Department," said Laurie Levenson, a professor at Loyola Law School. "They don't want a retrial. That would be a nightmare."

She noted the Justice Department may especially want to avoid headlines after its botched case against former Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens; the department's internal watchdog concluded last year that two federal prosectors acted with reckless misconduct.

boutons_deux
04-06-2013, 07:59 AM
The Ted Stevens prosecution was so intentionally, blatantly botched, I figured they Repug prosecurots got orders from DC so the mistrial would let corrupt Repug Stevens escape punishment.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-06-2013, 09:40 AM
What a waste of prison space. execute him, or let him out. Don't ever allow him to work a position of trust again. Put him on parole, and make him do jobs like McDonalds.

He's not even close to the biggest waste of prison space we have since his crime actually involved fucking innocent people over. I see where you're coming from though since it'd be pretty hard for him to commit the same crime again.