PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Summer League Roster (no Karaulov)

Kori Ellis
07-07-2005, 03:52 PM
SAN ANTONIO—The San Antonio Spurs announced today their 12-man roster for the 2005 Reebok Rocky Mountain Revue to be held July 15-22, in Salt Lake City, UT.

Six teams will participate in this year’s Revue. Joining the Spurs will be the Utah Jazz, the Atlanta Hawks, the Charlotte Bobcats, the Dallas Mavericks, and the Seattle Sonics.

The Revue tips off for the Spurs when they face the Seattle Sonics, July 16 at 2 p.m., at the Redwood Campus of Salt Lake Community College.

The current Spurs summer league roster is subject to change.

PLAYER POS. HT. WT. DOB COLLEGE NBA YEARS

Josh Asselin F/C 6-11 230 12/24/78 Michigan ’01 R

Andre Barrett G 5-10 173 02/21/82 Seton Hall ’04 1

Kendall Dartez F/C 6-10 225 12/01/80 Louisville ’04 R

Kyle Davis F 6-10 235 06/03/82 Auburn ’04 R

B.J. Elder G/F 6-4 218 09/04/80 Georgia Tech ’05 R

Justin Hamilton G 6-3 225 12/19/80 Florida ’03 R

Britton Johnson F 6-10 210 07/08/78 Utah ’03 1

Jamal Sampson F/C 6-11 258 05/15/83 California ’02 2

Melvin Sanders G/F 6-5 210 01/03/81 Okl. State ’03 R

Luke Schenscher C 7-1 250 12/31/81 Georgia Tech ’05 R

Ondrej Starosta C 7-1 255 05/28/79 France R

Billy Thomas G 6-5 218 12/23/75 Kansas ’98 1

2005 Reebok Rocky Mountain Revue Schedule
July 16 Spurs vs. Seattle 2 p.m.

July 18 Spurs vs. Atlanta 4 p.m.

July 19 Spurs vs. Charlotte 2 p.m.

July 21 Spurs vs. Dallas 4 p.m.

July 22 Spurs vs. Utah 6 p.m.

TNT21
07-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Who the fuck are these bastards? Bunch of fucking SCRUBS!!

ChumpDumper
07-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Yeah, there's even an Aussie.

Bottom of the barrell....

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Crap. Spurs might have the worst IR contingent in the NBA. The horror.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Seriously, there are a couple of decent athletes here. Out of this group, I think Sampson and Barrett have the best chance of making the practice squad.

TheTruth
07-07-2005, 04:03 PM
They should put Kukoc on the summer league team. Only way he gets any PT with any team affiliated with the spurs.

timvp
I thought the Spurs were holding a mini-camp on the 10th and then would pick a couple players from it to add to the summer league team? Guess not.

And WTF happened to Karaulov? I'm guessing he either sucks or had some contract issues.

GoSpurs21
Crap. Spurs might have the worst IR contingent in the NBA. The horror.according to new CBA the teams will have a 14 man roster with no IR at all. Since teams are only allowed 12 active players I am not sure how the activation of an inactive player will be. I dont know if it will be like hockey where all players are available up to a couple hours before a game or like the old system where a player has to sit out 5 games once he becomes inactive.

Big Pimp_21
07-07-2005, 04:04 PM
BJ Elder from GA Tech might have some promise. How many people thought some "scrub" from UTSA that was on our summer league team would be any good?

timvp
07-07-2005, 04:05 PM
according to new CBA the teams will have a 14 man roster with no IR at all

Nope.

Still 12 man roster with three players inactive. There's just no more "injured list".

EDIT:

You edited your post but yeah, you can still have up to 15 players on your team. I think the injured list will work the same ... the only difference is they won't call it an injured list.

GoSpurs21
07-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Nope.

Still 12 man roster with three players inactive. There's just no more "injured list".
EDIT:

You edited your post but yeah, you can still have up to 15 players on your team. I think the injured list will work the same ... the only difference is they won't call it an injured list.since the agreement hasnt been signed and I have only seen 14 man roster in print that's what I used. I edited my original post to show that only 12 would be active.

have you seen the latest draft of the agreement? are you sure that the rules will be the same as before (a player has to sit out 5 games once he becomes inactive)?

I guess once the new CBA is signed all the speculation will be over and we will know the rules. Until then its just speculation.

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Yeah, the change in the CBA that everyone keeps misquoting is that the owners will guarantee that rosters average 14 players (active and inactive combined) per team. The active roster will still be limited to 12 players max.

TNT21
07-07-2005, 04:09 PM
TIMVP, I can't believe you're thinking of skipping jury duty to go see these fucking scrubs!

picnroll
07-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Nope.

I guess patellar tendinitis is going the way of small pox and the doodoo bird then.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2005, 04:10 PM
I thought teams had to carry 14 now. Could be wrong.

The PFs this year look very different from the dreadnoughts we had last year. It'll be nice to see if Kyle Davis has developed at all.

GoSpurs21
07-07-2005, 04:13 PM
TIMVP, I can't believe you're thinking of skipping jury duty to go see these fucking scrubs!TiMVP if you arent given an official excuse to be let out of jury duty, a warrent for your arrest will be issued for failure to show up for jury duty. I think its a misturmeanor but you will go to jail if you get stopped with an outstanding warrent.

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2005, 04:15 PM
It's going to be an "inactive list" instead of an "injured list". But there will still be only 12 active spots allowed.

Kori Ellis
07-07-2005, 04:20 PM
First of all, timvp is going to jury duty, he was never thinking of making an excuse. We were considering going out of town from the 14-22 for summer league (which would have been a real reason not to be at jury duty -- not an excuse).

Secondly, this summer league team is not worth going to watch so we are likely not going.

TDMVPDPOY
07-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Even i can outplay those clowns on the list on fantasy team :D

midgetonadonkey
07-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Why the hell isn't Beno on this team. The extra work wouldn't hurt.

GoSpurs21
07-07-2005, 04:39 PM
First of all, timvp is going to jury duty, he was never thinking of making an excuse. We were considering going out of town from the 14-22 for summer league (which would have been a real reason not to be at jury duty -- not an excuse).

Secondly, this summer league team is not worth going to watch so we are likely not going.Kori, vacation or business travel (from what I remember of SA jury duty) is not a valid reason (or excuse) to miss jury duty. From what I remember the only valid excuses to miss are Full Time student, medical reasons, and missing work causes family hardship (you are the only bread winner). You have to show proof of one of these prior to the call date. I am not sure if they changed the rules to allow someone to postpone showing up at a later date.

I served on a jury and was called 3 other times in the 12 years I lived in SA. You may be dismissed from serving if you have a family member in law inforcement (Brother in law is SAPD) happened to me once, but I also served so it is not automatic. But you still have to show up to be possibly selected for a trial. Then if you get dismissed by either the prosocutor or defense att. you dont have to go back until you get asked again.

Kori Ellis
07-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Kori, vacation or business travel (from what I remember of SA jury duty) is not a valid reason (or excuse) to miss jury duty. From what I remember the only valid excuses to miss are Full Time student, medical reasons, and missing work causes family hardship (you are the only bread winner).

I served on a jury and was called 3 other times in the 12 years I lived in SA. You may be dismissed from serving if you have a family member in law inforcement (Brother in law is SAPD) happened to me once, but I also served so it is not automatic.

I already contacted the court and since we had plane tickets, his jury duty could get posponed. But thanks for your contributioins.

GoSpurs21
07-07-2005, 04:49 PM
I already contacted the court and since we had plane tickets, his jury duty could get posponed. But thanks for your contributioins.that's great that they are that accommodating now, I dont remember them always being that way. I think it was that if you notified them 2 weeks prior to the call date you could postpone but you had to provide proof to the courts. Now I think they give you all the way up to the call date.

Gummi
07-07-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm assuming Beno is playing for the Slovenian national team. What were people expecting from a summer league team? These are the guys who are fighting for a spot on the team, not a better contract. Barrett, Sampson, Elder, and Billy Thomas are pretty good players. Maybe not starters, but guys that could end up on the inactive list.

Kori Ellis
07-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Well with this summer league roster, I don't have much desire to watch them play. After the season ended, I was hoping that maybe Beno, Linton and some Euro prospects would be on this roster.

2centsworth
07-07-2005, 04:57 PM
PG on that team would be lucky to get 2 assist. Nobody on that damn team can score.

wildbill2u
07-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Well with this summer league roster, I don't have much desire to watch them play. After the season ended, I was hoping that maybe Beno, Linton and some Euro prospects would be on this roster.

With this lineup you have to wonder why they are even sponsoring a team. It looks like a waste of time and money. Is there some contractual agreement that requires them to do so?

ReverendRob
07-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Something tells me that we'll never see Karaulov here in SA. I just got the vibe that is was a throwaway pick at the time. Someone heard something about someone who played someplace and might eventually do something and the Spurs figured the pick was burnable considering that we have other prospects out there. Even Pop didn't seem to know much about him after that draft. And I don't believe it's a CIA action considering that he's already Spurs property by virtue of that pick.

I'm not familiar with most of these players but didn't Johnson play for our summer league team last year? He seems to be the only one who fits the long 3 position on the team. Again, I'm unfamiliar with the players but I'm disappointed to see that based on height/weight observation, we don't have two or three candidates to fill the spot, including the absence of LJIII on there.

Ozzy
07-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Why the hell isn't Beno on this team. The extra work wouldn't hurt.

Ok, now after reading lots of question on why isn't Beno on the summer league roster I have a question for you:

What do you think would Beno gain from playing in the summer league ???

1. Reason 1 could be self-confidence
He has played more then 100 games this year against the regulars NBA players this year. Do you really think showing his skills againt those scrubs would help him?
Cause I think even playing 100 games againt Tyus Edney and such guys ain't going to do much to his self-confidence. He is still going to crap in his pants (sorry Beno) next time he sees Chauncey Billups or Lindsay Hunter...

2. Reason 2 could be chemistry
As nobody else from the Spurs is on the roster I don't know who Beno should be making chemistry with... (but it would be great if Beno and Devin played together during summer... I believe they are a duo with potential)

3. Reason 3 could be skills
Well, I believe he can do more for his ballhandling skills training with the ball every day and with concentration just on practice... In my opinion his ballhandling skills even aren't a question. I believe it was only his lack of experience in the playoffs and Billups's history that had to much impact.
He just has to get over it...

So, let Beno take a rest a month and then practice in peace with Slovenian national team... Then you can watch him smoke Tony's butt in the EC... Playing agains't top european PG's can probably give him more self-confidence that summer league. He will also be one of the go-to players on the national team. I guess that won't do any damage either...

Kori Ellis
07-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Well they made Devin Brown play last summer. It's what the Spurs normally do with their second year players. So that's why people expected he might be there.

violentkitten
07-07-2005, 05:54 PM
enough with spurs wearing themselves out in the summer. they just played 105 games. let em rest.

xcoriate
07-07-2005, 06:08 PM
^ I guess thats the sentiments.

Anyway Luke Schenscher is on the team, wtf? i thought he was playing for Denver...

No matter his not very good anyway :smokin

Best of luck to him anyway.

CubanMustGo
07-07-2005, 06:10 PM
What a bunch of scrubs. Who is going to coach, the Coyote?

Kori Ellis
07-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Anyway Luke Schenscher is on the team, wtf? i thought he was playing for Denver...

He's playing for Denver in the Las Vegas league.

Mr. Body
07-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Not too interesting. But then again, Noel Felix aside (whom I know KE knows), the only interesting people on the team last year were Udrih and Brown, who were already on the main roster.

Solid D
07-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Looks like Marcus Haslip dropped off the list.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Looks like Marcus Haislip dropped off the list.Yeah, he's on both of Toronto's SL squads -- must've had a good minicamp.

JUUOT
07-07-2005, 10:45 PM
http://www.draftcity.com/viewarticle.php?a=183

it is on britton. apparently he is working hard and could be better than anticpated. or apotential 15th man

JUUOT
07-07-2005, 10:50 PM
After seing this roster. spurs are either preparing a surprise move or reconducting the same roster for next season.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Glad to see Britton worked on his game. He looked pretty worthless in the few games I saw him in.

AFE7FATMAN
07-08-2005, 12:20 AM
Noticed 5 Potential centers are on the list?

I don't think we ever had more than 2 or 3 in the past.

I hope I can say bye-bye Rasho

NZHayden
07-08-2005, 01:56 AM
wheres marks. he capable of the c position

mattyc
07-08-2005, 02:46 AM
Good luck to Luke Schenscher.

Go Oz.

Sense
07-08-2005, 02:59 AM
None of the games will be televised or streamed right?

timvp
07-08-2005, 03:00 AM

A couple were last year on NBA TV.

Spurologist
07-08-2005, 06:43 AM
Only heard about 3 of those people. Spurs summer team might get run out of the building at every game. Sad. Asselin? Who? What!?

BJ Elder can play though. Want to see how he performs.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Tommy Smith is on the Bobcats' RMR squad. Could be a very long, athletic SF. Dude's a pipecleaner.

Kori Ellis
07-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Tommy Smith is on the Bobcats' RMR squad. Could be a very long, athletic SF. Dude's a pipecleaner.

He had a big back injury in the CBA this year. I wonder if he's completely recovered.

ChumpDumper
07-08-2005, 12:34 PM
I remember. Hopefully a game or two will be on NBAtv. I wonder what exactly he injured?

Kori Ellis
07-08-2005, 12:36 PM
I wonder what exactly he injured?

I'll ask Noel later today; they are good friends.

BTW, Brian Boddicker left NJ's summer league team today -- he said he had a "wedding to go to" and left. Supposedly he might be going to the Rockets.

byunut
07-14-2005, 01:59 PM
I will be attending some of the games and watching others on local TV in salt lake. I'll give you an analysis of what I see and I'll keep an eye on Sampson and Barrett. Last year's Summer league team stunk pretty bad and it looks like it'll probably be the same this year.

timvp
07-14-2005, 02:02 PM
I will be attending some of the games and watching others on local TV in salt lake. I'll give you an analysis of what I see and I'll keep an eye on Sampson and Barrett. Last year's Summer league team stunk pretty bad and it looks like it'll probably be the same this year.

:tu

Awesome.

byunut
07-14-2005, 02:05 PM
All games that the Jazz play in will be televised in Utah so the spurs will be on tv there once and a couple random ones will be on NBAtv but usually not until a couple days later.

Kori Ellis
07-14-2005, 05:07 PM
Five guys got cut from Seattle's RMR team this morning. Maybe the Spurs would be interested in picking one of them up for their roster.

Adam Harrington
Rick Rickert
Richard Fox
Ousame Cisse
Mustafa Al-Sayeed (he got hurt, so he's out)

ChumpDumper
07-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Don't know about Fox, but the other three are likely better than the scrubbing bubbles we have in the lineup so far except Sampson and Barrett.

Kori Ellis
07-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Don't know about Fox, but the other three are likely better than the scrubbing bubbles we have in the lineup so far except Sampson and Barrett.

That's what I thought too. I've seen Harrington and Rickert play ... they both seem better than some of the no-names on the Spurs summer roster. And Harrington was rumored to have picqued the Spurs interest in the past.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Cisse is another one of those great athletes who should've gone to school to learn to play basketball. As far as Rickert goes, I'd activate him whenever we play Minnesota just to get KG ejected.

timvp
07-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Welcome back to life, Cisse. Remember when all the reports came out that he died?

:spin

BronxCowboy
07-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Wasn't that Ousmann Cisse? Is that Ousmann the same as Ousame?

Kori Ellis
07-14-2005, 10:51 PM
I spelled it wrong in this thread -- the one on the Sonics team is Ousmane Cisse.