PDA

View Full Version : Despite being down most of the game, no rebounding, bad FT shooting...

Amuseddaysleeper
04-04-2013, 11:07 PM
..the Spurs battled much harder than any of us expected considering the circumstances.

No Harden is most definitely going to hurt OKC come playoff time. I somehow feel better about facing OKC in the playoffs assuming we have Parker and Splitter showing up as well as Manu being able to play.

:flag:

Kool Bob Love
04-04-2013, 11:08 PM
After all that the Spurs still have a half game lead over meth city.

This game wont matter once the playoffs start.

Richie
04-04-2013, 11:09 PM
Injured Ginobili, Jackson and (pretty much) Parker, can't complain too much about that game.

If we're healthy we beat OKC.

hater
04-04-2013, 11:09 PM

sananspursfan21
04-04-2013, 11:10 PM
still disheartening. offense just looked out of control most of the game. kawhi is a great player and all but he has to work on his transitions. so many fast break opportunities missed because he was galloping to the other side with no fluidity. yea, they fought back but it'd be nice to get a bit of a groove going in time for the playoffs

spurraider21
having TP at 100% will make a world of difference. our bench got obliterated in the first. with manu there, i dont think it will be as bad next time. the guys played well, made some boneheaded mistakes. this game tells me we're definitely good enough to beat these dudes. they were practically at their best today. westbrook didn't go into kobe chuck mode, durant was hitting shots, they shot 12-24 from 3 as a team, and we were in it till the very end.

We're going to need Tiago to play MUCH better than this.

AFBlue
Splitter and Green need to grow bigger sacks and not get owned so badly.

Kawhi going into beast mode gives me hope though tbh.

Amuseddaysleeper
Plus OKC plays in Indiana tomorrow night. Maybe we can get this game in the loss column.

Also, looking a bit closer we actually shot 82% from the line outrebounded by just 3. Not bad considering how bad it felt during the game.

Richie
04-04-2013, 11:12 PM
If Manu and Tony aren't gonna play, we need Tiago playing at a much higher level.

Robz4000
04-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Spurs won't be healthy for the playoffs. However, despite that, they killed themselves tonight. This Spurs team can beat the Thunder in the playoffs if they get this version of Timmy and Kawhi.

crc21209
04-04-2013, 11:13 PM
..the Spurs battled much harder than any of us expected considering the circumstances.

No Harden is most definitely going to hurt OKC come playoff time. I somehow feel better about facing OKC in the playoffs assuming we have Parker and Splitter showing up as well as Manu being able to play.

+1. This is the hardest the team has played and the best they've looked in the past couple weeks or so....:tu. And considering it was a 3-point game in the 4th with 3-4 minutes to go with no TP is huge...

xellos88330
04-04-2013, 11:15 PM
I feel pretty good after this loss. If it takes Fisher going into spur killer mode and a early 20 point lead for OKC to beat a hobbled and tired Spurs team, I'll take it. Naturally I would have been ecstatic should the Spurs have won, but the huge thing that I loved was the fact the Spurs were able to defend without sending OKC to their usual free throw parade.

boutons_deux
04-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Spurs shot 39%, OKC defense is pretty damn good.

timtonymanu
04-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Expected a blowout, tbh.

I'm more concerned about the injury reports that appear every game this late into the season. :depressed

KaiRMD1
04-04-2013, 11:27 PM
I was ready to chance the channel at one point until they made a comeback. It was a hell of a game between the two best teams in the west. Guarantee it will be a great series.

Splits
04-04-2013, 11:28 PM
I feel pretty good after this loss. If it takes Fisher going into spur killer mode and a early 20 point lead for OKC to beat a hobbled and tired Spurs team, I'll take it. Naturally I would have been ecstatic should the Spurs have won, but the huge thing that I loved was the fact the Spurs were able to defend without sending OKC to their usual free throw parade.

phxspurfan
04-04-2013, 11:30 PM
OKC May not survive the first two rounds. Book it. If they play Harden or LA, either will abuse them and expose their coaching flaws and Westbrook in general. But Spurs w.o Parker at 110% is death for the Spurs. Like 1st round death.

T Park
04-04-2013, 11:32 PM

Agreed. Kawhi makes adjustments from game to game, you know he will after watching the tape.

Kawhi really looking like a young Shawn Marion out there.

T Park
04-04-2013, 11:33 PM
OKC May not survive the first two rounds. Book it. If they play Harden or LA, either will abuse them and expose their coaching flaws and Westbrook in general. But Spurs w.o Parker at 110% is death for the Spurs. Like 1st round death.

thats ridiculous. First off he doesnt need to be 110%. second they can advance out of the first round. Especially with Neal, De Colo, and Leonard stepping up.

DarrinS
04-04-2013, 11:34 PM
OKC is a DAMN good team.

HarlemHeat37
04-04-2013, 11:35 PM

:lol OKC completely dominated Houston this year, outside of one flukish game where Houston made like 20 3s..

D'Antoni is going to expose OKC's coaching?:lol..terrible, tbh..

ace3g
04-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Confidence builder for Nando

No Bonner

No Blair

DarrinS
04-04-2013, 11:36 PM
And the would be fuckin scary if they shared the ball moe

Thread
04-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Injured Ginobili, Jackson and (pretty much) Parker, can't complain too much about that game.

Only pussies & assholes blame injuries.

Robz4000
04-04-2013, 11:38 PM

:lmao Houston
:lmao Pringles

Spurs don't need 100% Tony in the 1st round, much less 110%. Manu needs to be around 70% though so he can work his way into game shape. If both Tony and Manu are trying to find their groove in the 2nd round, Spurs could be in trouble depending on how healthy the Nuggets are or if they see the Clips/Grizz.

DarrinS
04-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Only pussies & assholes blame injuries.

Gotta agree with faggot Laker fan on this one

Thread
04-04-2013, 11:40 PM

F'in' 'eh.

AFBlue
04-04-2013, 11:44 PM
"the Spurs battled"

What a bunch of bullshit. Save your moral victory speech for the 5-year old that just loss the tee-ball game.

The Spurs are fucking professionals and (supposed) championship contenders playing a heated rivalry with HCA potentially on the line.

I don't see how anyone could be satisfied with this loss. If you're satisfied they made a game of it then you have a seriously low bar for this team.

The Spurs battled? Give me a fucking break.

spurtech09
04-04-2013, 11:47 PM
gotta agree with the faggot part...only pussies and assholes blame injuries...dur dur:wakeup

Strategic
04-04-2013, 11:48 PM
still disheartening. offense just looked out of control most of the game. kawhi is a great player and all but he has to work on his transitions. so many fast break opportunities missed because he was galloping to the other side with no fluidity. yea, they fought back but it'd be nice to get a bit of a groove going in time for the playoffs

The Spurs offense has been dependent on Parker or Ginobili handling the ball for years, and years. When neither are there for a game it's gonna look wrong.

AaronY
04-05-2013, 12:58 AM
Spurs won't be healthy for the playoffs.
That's what you'd have to assume at this point

SpurPadre
04-05-2013, 01:11 AM
Does anyone know what our record is against +.500 teams this season?

HarlemHeat37
04-05-2013, 01:13 AM

Not sure, but the Spurs are 15-9 vs. the top 8 in the West, which is 2nd to Denver's record..

DejuanorwhatDude
04-05-2013, 02:13 AM
"the Spurs battled"

What a bunch of bullshit. Save your moral victory speech for the 5-year old that just loss the tee-ball game.

The Spurs are fucking professionals and (supposed) championship contenders playing a heated rivalry with HCA potentially on the line.

I don't see how anyone could be satisfied with this loss. If you're satisfied they made a game of it then you have a seriously low bar for this team.

The Spurs battled? Give me a fucking break.

The voice of reason.

Seventyniner
04-05-2013, 09:07 AM

26-14.

East: MIA 0-2, NY 0-2, IND 2-0, BKN 2-0, CHI 2-0, ATL 1-0, BOS 2-0
West: OC 2-2, DEN 2-1, LAC 2-2, MEM 2-2, GS 2-1, HOU 3-1, LAL 2-0, UTA 2-1

Pretty good, actually. The Spurs are guaranteed to tie or win the season series against every other West playoff team. 4 of the Spurs' last 6 are against +.500: vs ATL, @DEN, @LAL, @GS.

sananspursfan21
04-05-2013, 10:21 AM

Without actually checking the stats, it would have to be pretty good. Deductive reasoning tells us that with the second best record it has to be impressive despite recent struggles. I'm not really concerned myself. I've watched most of those games and don't recall shutting the computer off in a steam of competitive anger often

jjktkk
04-05-2013, 10:24 AM

Agree, but alot of ifs tbh.

Capt Bringdown
04-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Anytime the Spurs get beat by Derek Fisher is an utterly disheartening loss, no matter how many Spurs players are ailing or out. Context is everything.
So fucking sick of this guy slitting the Spurs throat. Are the Spurs intimidated by him or what? His play against us in uncanny.
Spurs might as well erect a statue of this guy outside the arena ffs.

benstanfield
04-05-2013, 10:34 AM
OKC needed 4 Westbrook FTs in a row (on BS phantom calls on Nando) to finally swing the momentum on a 3 point game with 3 minutes left.

It was our 4th game in 5 nights, 2nd night of a b2b, we didn't have TP or Manu or Jackson to guard Durant, they were at home and had a few night off, and rookie Nando De "Cola" was our crunch time PG.

ALSO IT SEEMS AS IF TP AGGRAVATED HIS INJURY AGAIN. WHO STARTED THE GAME THREAD MOTHERFUCKER!? JUST DONT FUCKING DO THAT SHIT MAN, COME ON. IS IT REALLY THAT GRATIFYING TO START GAME THREADS? JUST PM CAPEK EVERY TIME YOU'RE GONNA FUCKING START ONE OF THEM SHITS GOD DAMN. FUCK I'LL START THEM AND JUST PUT IN BOLD LETTERS "ALL GLORY AND ATTENTION FROM THIS GAME THREAD TO BE DIRECTED TO AMUSEDDAYSLEEPER, BECAUSE HE INSISTS ON BEING THE CENTER OF ATTENTION." BETTER YET CAN I JUST MAKE GAME THREADS FOR EVERY GAME IN THE PLAYOFFS RIGHT NOW, AND JUST KEEP BUMPING THEM? YOU STARTED THE LAST ONE 9 FUCKING HOURS EARLY.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-05-2013, 11:43 AM
I didn't injure Tony Parker I swear.