PDA

View Full Version : Look on the bright side

Uriel
04-04-2013, 11:10 PM
No Manu, no S-Jax, Parker was injured, on the road, 4th game in 5 nights, and the Spurs were still right there until the very end despite Derek Fisher shooting out of his mind. If anything, this game was an encouraging sign that the Spurs -- assuming they can get it together come playoff time -- can beat this team in a 7-game series.

Oh, and for those watching the standings, we still have a 0.5 game lead and will likely own the tiebreaker.

hater
04-04-2013, 11:13 PM
This team has some fighers Kawhi, Neal, De Colo and even Neal. I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. We might just be able to hold it together

RD2191
04-04-2013, 11:14 PM
could of, should of, would of. we always use the same excuses loss after loss. maybe this team just isn't good enough.

chapnis
04-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Thunder will have the tiebreaker, from here on we need to lose less than them to get the 1 seed.

Because we are different divisions the tiebreaker is the conf record not div record.

LarryDavid
04-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Playoffs can't start soon enough.

SpurSwag
04-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Playoffs can't start soon enough.

why would you want them to start now? this team with its health would probably lose 1st round..

LarryDavid
04-04-2013, 11:26 PM
why would you want them to start now? this team with its health would probably lose 1st round..

Just a figure of speech. I'm just ready for the playoffs to start. Put up or shut up.

spurtech09
04-04-2013, 11:28 PM
want the play offs to start soon but yeah health wise....I hope parker will be ready to go come play off time....parker ain't the same ever since the ankle injury...hopfuly he was just playing possum tonight.....

timtonymanu
04-04-2013, 11:29 PM
It's all about health at this point. And here we have another injury report appearing up.

spurtech09
04-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Thunder will have the tiebreaker, from here on we need to lose less than them to get the 1 seed.

Because we are different divisions the tiebreaker is the conf record not div record.
at this point health is what I rather have than 1 seed...

SanDiegoSpursFan
04-04-2013, 11:30 PM
I liked what I saw from De Colo. He made a lot of mistakes and Westbrook hit some jumpers over him, but he didn't play like a coward (other than the missed layups)

chapnis
04-04-2013, 11:32 PM
I liked what I saw from De Colo. He made a lot of mistakes and Westbrook hit some jumpers over him, but he didn't play like a coward (other than the missed layups)

And Westbrook ran into him and got his customary phantom calls. He seems decent enough to be our backup, especially if he keeps hitting the 3 ball

BatManu20
04-04-2013, 11:33 PM
I still say Miami's winning it all, but I present a question: Hypothetically of course, would y'all rather get to the Finals but get swept or lose in 5, or lose in the WCF and watch OKC lose again in the Finals.

rmt
04-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Pop needs to shut down whoever has nagging injuries. Just make sure Spurs are one of the top 3 seeds and rest/recuperate. Health is more important than seeding (as long as they don't drop to 4th/5th seed vs OKC in the 2nd round). Glad to see that Neal seems like he has his shooting touch back. De Colo, Leonard and Green need to work on their fast breaks.

T Park
04-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Might as well count Tiago as not showing up either.

The Spurs defense vs the Thunder compared to last year is light years better.

timtonymanu
04-04-2013, 11:36 PM
I still say Miami's winning it all, but I present a question: Hypothetically of course, would y'all rather get to the Finals but get swept or lose in 5, or lose in the WCF and watch OKC lose again in the Finals.

Lose to OKC. I don't want that Finals streak broken. :lol

Thread
04-04-2013, 11:37 PM
No Manu, no S-Jax, Parker was injured, on the road, 4th game in 5 nights, and the Spurs were still right there until the very end despite Derek Fisher shooting out of his mind. If anything, this game was an encouraging sign that the Spurs -- assuming they can get it together come playoff time -- can beat this team in a 7-game series.

Oh, and for those watching the standings, we still have a 0.5 game lead and will likely own the tiebreaker.

Only pussies & assholes use excuses. Take your ass whippin' and shut the fuck up.

Uriel
04-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Only pussies & assholes use excuses. Take your ass whippin' and shut the fuck up.
I'm not making excuses. I'm merely enumerating the handicaps the team suffered and deriving conclusions based on the assumption that they won't exist should these teams meet in the playoffs.

If Manu, TP, and S-Jax were available and we weren't playing our 4th game in 5 nights, we win that game by double digits. And it's reasonably safe to assume that this will indeed be the case come playoff time.

Thread
04-05-2013, 12:17 AM
I'm not making excuses. I'm merely enumerating the handicaps the team suffered and deriving conclusions based on the assumption that they won't exist should these teams meet in the playoffs.

If Manu, TP, and S-Jax were available and we weren't playing our 4th game in 5 nights, we win that game by double digits. And it's reasonably safe to assume that this will indeed be the case come playoff time.

Utopia doesn't exist. Christ, be better than this. You look like shit when you and the others do this. It's chickenshit.

Fuck it, I'm goin' to couch.

Night, fellows.

SpurPadre
04-05-2013, 12:20 AM

Fisher wasn't shooting out of his mind. That's what the fucking **** does to us every single fucking time. It's about time we get used to the fact that that asshole will always show up against us, especially in the playoffs. Other than that, this is one of the most flawed #1 seeds I've ever seen...and if we're to win it all this year, the team will have to kick their game up a notch that surpasses Game 2 of the WCF last year, which is the best game we've played from that point to now.

AFBlue
04-05-2013, 12:25 AM
Moral victory thread means dick. Half the roster is injured and the other half shrink to the occasion.

But go ahead and espouse the (supposed) positives while ignoring the facts.

spurtech09
04-05-2013, 12:33 AM
Utopia doesn't exist. Christ, be better than this. You look like shit when you and the others do this. It's chickenshit.

Fuck it, I'm goin' to couch.

Night, fellows.thank you lord.....You are great jesus...now can you send the demon back to where he belongs.....the flaming pits