PDA

View Full Version : #2 seed vs #1 seed

SpurSwag
04-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Tonight's loss was rough, but if it showed anything it is that:

a) Kawhi Leonard is a stud. Seriously. The Spurs future is in good hands with this guy.
b) Tim Duncan can get it done against this team
c) Even on their home court and with all the home cooking, we can keep it close and steal a game if we need to.

That being said, it could be advantageous to get the #2 seed. Though the Lakers have had issues all year, a team with Kobe, Dwight, Pau, and Nash is nothing to laugh at. Kobe's been playing better lately, as has dwight, and should they have big series', i can definitely see them pulling off an upset (calm down the Fuck the Lakers rants, everyone on this board has some fear for them and for good reason. That team has a lot of talent, and if they get it going, they can do serious damage). Houston is exactly what they look like, a one man team with a decent supporting cast. Harden is talented enough to win a game, but I can't imagine Houston posing that serious of a threat to us. Then we'd play either Denver (who might have just lost Gallinari for the season and Lawson being hobbled) or Memphis, who doesn't scare me in the slightest tbh. I don't think Pop should go for it, this game was a hgue reminder that we need to be healthy to have any chance. Would you really rather have the #1 seed with Nando as our pg instead of #2 with a healed Manu and Parker? Exactly. I'm personally not worried, though Manu and maybe Parker will be rusty first round, they'll definitely regain form by the time the competition gets stiff. Everyone relax, we have a good run left in us and a healthy, dominant Timmy n the middle of it all :toast

Dex
04-04-2013, 11:13 PM
I don't like the prospect of having to win in OKC.

SpurSwag
04-04-2013, 11:15 PM
we were right there tonight minus TP, Manu & Jax. It's not as scary as last year imo, despite the refs

boutons_deux
04-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Manu's done, he won't be in game shape, won't be in rythym, won't be any help in the playoffs, and his hamstring will hamper him if not actually get hurt again.

Jax is mostly useless, done, finished.

Robz4000
04-04-2013, 11:29 PM

If the Spurs can't win a game in OKC they won't win one in Miami (not that they'd be beating them anyway).

chapnis
04-04-2013, 11:30 PM
It'd be nice to avoid the Lakers hype but Harden will win a game or two by himself.

BatManu20
04-04-2013, 11:30 PM

Like the Spurs always say, if you can't win on the road in the playoffs, you don't deserve to advance.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-04-2013, 11:32 PM
fuk it you take health over seeding all day....you have to win on the road any way if you wanna be champs...rest tony for the next weeks get everyone healthy