PDA

View Full Version : We absolutely must have elite Parker

The ADMIRAL 50
04-04-2013, 11:39 PM
When we were rolling and at out best this year Tony truly was playing at an MVP level. The big time scoring and assist numbers, the monster fourth quarters, the way in which our whole offense was built around him and how effective that was in generating open looks. It doesn't take a genius to see that we simply haven't been the same ever since he went down. Even before his setback tonight Tony, though having had some very good games to be sure, just wasn't at the same elite level where everything played through him like he had been for the previous forty games.

With the postseason just two and a half weeks away, how much can we expect TP to return to that level? Can we at all? Will he most definitely? Could he take the first one or two series to get going and have us still survive? Personally I think we are locked into a WCF showdown with okc as is, and still very capable of being a championship caliber team, but I know that beyond anything else Tony can't just be healthy, he must be elite if we hope to achieve our goals this season.

T Park
04-04-2013, 11:40 PM
with the blossoming of Leonard you need healthy good Parker. Not elite. Leonard playing like this does unbelievable things for the offense and defense.

ElNono
04-04-2013, 11:40 PM
It will be what it will be... let's hope for the best, it's all we can do...

DarrinS
04-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Well, yeah, having our best player helps

BatManu20
04-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Parker's not going to be elite cause there's not enough time for him to heal up. Oh well, let's jus enjoy some Spurs playoff basketball. Miami's taking it this year anyways, no need to stress ourselves out :toast

The ADMIRAL 50
04-04-2013, 11:49 PM
with the blossoming of Leonard you need healthy good Parker. Not elite. Leonard playing like this does unbelievable things for the offense and defense.

I am the biggest Leonard fan you will meet, he honestly is my new favorite player and has been for awhile, but I'd be deluding myself if I agreed with you. Leonard can be incredible but he can't be expected to be brilliant every night of a seven game series yet. While he has been more consistent these past couple months I still don't expect him to be at his best every night. Part of that isn't his fault though as, as has been discussed around here ad nauseum I'm sure, he doesn't have NEARLY enough of the offensive workload filtered through him, nor does he get put in enough spots to succeed on that end at times.

T Park
04-04-2013, 11:53 PM
The reason why i have faith that he can do it consistently, is because his points arent "hard points"

Theyre wide open threes, theyre drives to the basket, theyre pull up mid range shots that are open. They aren't Manu Ginobili spinning hook shots.

Its an offense that can be replicated and produced consistently.

Richie
04-04-2013, 11:56 PM

This.

There is a huge gap between Parker tonight and Parker at 100%. Anywhere in between and we probably come out with the win tonight based because of Kawhi and Timmy. And that's still missing Manu, Jackson and Splitter having a terrible night.

The fact that we can get so close with only 2 of our best 5 players playing well tells me we can beat this team.

siraulo23
04-05-2013, 02:16 AM
theres an article on nba.com who quoted pop basically saying he's concerned on tp's injury

not a good sign, sadly it's probably pretty serious or something thats gonna significantly slow him down

spurraider21
04-05-2013, 04:54 AM
If TP isn't going to get back into pre-injury MVP form, we're going to need Tiago to stop having soft games like he did against Miami and OKC. Neal is also going to have to continue providing his scoring punch he's brought lately. It will also help to have Manu back, but ugh, I can only imagine he's going to be limited when he first gets back.