PDA

View Full Version : One thing I do like

letmk
04-04-2013, 11:55 PM
It's when OKC went small, Pop did not counter with one big + 4 guards. As hot as Fisher was, sticking with 2 bigs worked for the Spurs. Their offense were stalled with small lineup. Eventually they had to go back to traditional lineup to wrap the win. It's just that Diaw and Splitter need to take advantage of their smaller defenders on the other end.

All the contexts considered, this is not a bad game. Other than the health, the Spurs just need to hang in there. Although the Spurs lost 3 out of last 4 games (4 out of last 7), they were playing tough and were in every game until the last minutes. Also, now that the #1 seed is OKC to lose, the Spurs may be able to start resting players. The pressure is on OKC now.

One thing I wish Pop could have done more is calling more plays for Leonard to initiate the offense. Since Manu is out and Tony is hurt, we need to see whether Leonard can step up to even higher level --- a level only All-NBA players can reach.

T Park
04-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Splitter never takes advantage of smaller players. Its what he does.

Also big thing I liked? No Bonner. So maybe everyone can back off that cliff.

AFBlue
04-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Splitter never takes advantage of smaller players. Its what he does.

Also big thing I liked? No Bonner. So maybe everyone can back off that cliff.

What's wrong with Bonner? Take a shot-blocker out of the paint.

Man In Black
04-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Splitter can take people to the post but it seems as if he grew weary of being attacked and in his opinion, fouled. He did it to Durant when they last played in San Antonio.

The Whopper
04-05-2013, 12:42 AM
What's wrong with Bonner? Take a shot-blocker out of the paint.

He's not very good at basketball, maybe?

Sean Cagney
04-05-2013, 01:27 AM
It is what it is, but I was glad to see that! Good point.