PDA

View Full Version : Going to Europe in June..

HarlemHeat37
04-05-2013, 12:23 AM
I receive an 80% discount on round trip flights, so I'll be saving a lot of money that I'll be able to use on the trip..

I'll be starting in Portugal, as I'll be staying with a friend that lives there already..

I'm planning on going for a month and a half to two months..

Any advice for residents/travellers on the most efficient method for traveling through most of the region?..

AFBlue
04-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Watch out for the Gays...I hear they marry over there.

Lincoln
04-05-2013, 12:54 AM
I'm interested too. I'm backpacking Europe next spring with a few friends. Can't wait

redzero
04-05-2013, 12:55 AM
Whatever you do, don't let your daughter be captured an sold as a sex slave.

Drachen
04-05-2013, 08:00 AM
I receive an 80% discount on round trip flights, so I'll be saving a lot of money that I'll be able to use on the trip..

I'll be starting in Portugal, as I'll be staying with a friend that lives there already..

Any advice for residents/travellers on the most efficient method for traveling through most of the region?..

Since your friend lives there, he probably already knows all the spots, but if you are asking for advice, then I have two words "Lagos, Portugal".

Drachen
04-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Whatever you do, don't let your daughter be captured an sold as a sex slave.

He won't. You see, he has a certain set of skills....

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Europeans are an inquisitive race eager to learn about the world beyond the oceans that surround them. Be sure to mention that you are American at every possible opportunity and you will be treated with great interest and respect.

I. Hustle
04-05-2013, 08:45 AM
My buddy runs a hostel. He also does tree trimming on the side.
http://www.ifc.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/310x229_hostel.jpg

Latarian Milton
04-05-2013, 08:54 AM
spain doesn't sound to bad a destination for you imho and it won't cost you much time on road since you'll be starting in portugal. bullfights will be great fun to watch and the tickets shouldn't be too expensive in a limping economy that spain is imho

Drachen
04-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Oh, and don't buy hash from some slightly overweight dude at the lisbon train station. It is shitty.

I. Hustle
04-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Oh, and don't buy has from some slightly overweight dude at the lisbon train station. It is shitty.

Ducks?

Drachen
04-05-2013, 08:56 AM
spain doesn't sound to bad a destination for you imho and it won't cost you much time on road since you'll be starting in portugal. bullfights will be great fun to watch and the tickets shouldn't be too expensive in a limping economy that spain is imho

Spain and portugal hate each other and it is a pain in the ass to get back and forth since they schedule the trains at crazy times between the countries (at least the last time when I was there which was admittedly a while ago).

Drachen
04-05-2013, 08:59 AM
My buddy runs a hostel. He also does tree trimming on the side.
http://www.ifc.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/310x229_hostel.jpg

funny and somewhat related: I posted my first post in this thread, then went to google because as I said, it has been a while since i was there. I searched "is lagos, portugal still awesome" and the first response was this http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g189117-d1150393-r31475337-Rising_Cock_Hostel-Lagos_Faro_District_Algarve.html

what a name.

Spur|n|Austin
04-05-2013, 09:50 AM
I studied in Spain for a summer, and traveled all throughout Spain and France. The rail system in Europe is phenomenal and that will be your cheapest and most efficient form of traveling. Enjoy the experience, some people go their who lives without leaving the U.S., so take it all in and be respectful of the different cultures, as things are obviously very different abroad.

Drachen
04-05-2013, 09:53 AM
I studied in Spain for a summer, and traveled all throughout Spain and France. The rail system in Europe is phenomenal and that will be your cheapest and most efficient form of traveling. Enjoy the experience, some people go their who lives without leaving the U.S., so take it all in and be respectful of the different cultures, as things are obviously very different abroad.

LOL, you are shooting too high. I haven't looked at it in years, but the last time I checked 55% of Americans never left a 150 mile radius of their birthplace.

Spur|n|Austin
04-05-2013, 09:58 AM
LOL, you are shooting too high. I haven't looked at it in years, but the last time I checked 55% of Americans never left a 150 mile radius of their birthplace.

That's pretty damn sad :lol

CavsSuperFan
04-05-2013, 10:03 AM
If you are going to Portugal brush up on your Brazilian…Also when you travel in different countries you may face language barriers…So just keep asking louder and louder DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH….The French especially like that...

HarlemHeat37
04-05-2013, 10:09 AM
:lol I speak fluent French and my Spanish is decent, I'll work on it in the next few months, tbh..

So the rail system is the best method of transportation across the countries?..that's what I've seen through quick research, but I wanted to confirm with any travellers here..

Drachen
04-05-2013, 10:28 AM
:lol I speak fluent French and my Spanish is decent, I'll work on it in the next few months, tbh..

So the rail system is the best method of transportation across the countries?..that's what I've seen through quick research, but I wanted to confirm with any travellers here..

Oh yes. LOL, when you asked about best transportation mode, I thought you were asking about rail programs (eurorail, interrail, etc). It never occurred to me that you were asking about rail vs. other forms of transportation.

Rail is king.

Drachen
04-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Pro tip: if you make it to San Sebastian, ask for ID.

Pop
04-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Train is not necessarily the cheapest, especially between countries, plane can be cheap if you fly with low cost companies like ryanair and easyjet, especially if you don't go directly to cities like Paris. But then again it depends on the dates and where you want to go.

Henry Swanson
04-05-2013, 10:44 AM

I've studied abroad... or two

resistanze
04-05-2013, 10:55 AM

I was in Lisbon for only a day back in November (beautiful, go to Belem). I took a flight to Barcelona, Paris & Rome, because cheap flights from EasyJet, Veuling, Ryanair etc can be had for ~$50.

So it depends, tbh. Using direct/express trains can end up being more costly than flights, unless we're talking about somethling like Paris-London or Amsterdam-Brussels (I'll going here in May). If you want to enjoy the scenery using rail and don't mind the longer trip, then by all means.

symple19
04-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Europeans are an inquisitive race eager to learn about the world beyond the oceans that surround them. Be sure to mention that you are American at every possible opportunity and you will be treated with great interest and respect.

:lmao

symple19
04-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Rail is king.

indeed

Cane
04-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Will backpacking be involved?

Buy a Tottenham Spurs jersey

Latarian Milton
04-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Spain and portugal hate each other and it is a pain in the ass to get back and forth since they schedule the trains at crazy times between the countries (at least the last time when I was there which was admittedly a while ago).
didn't know that bro, thanks for the info. but im still having a hard time understanding how a bad diplomatic relation affects the tourism between two countries so bad. you & japs hate each other too but mount fuji is still one of the favorite tourist destinations for the chinks.

Medvedenko
04-05-2013, 08:23 PM

Must be poor tbh.

Koolaid_Man
04-05-2013, 08:53 PM

:lol I knew you were a broke ass bitch....have you even saved up enough money for food....:lmao fucking Harlem Heat...if your friend kicks your sorry ass out there's always hostels...

HarlemHeat37
04-05-2013, 09:05 PM
:lol a girl friend of mine works for American Airlines and listed me as her companion, so I get 80% off my flights..why wouldn't I take that, you pussy, tbh?..

But ya, I'm not trying to spend a rack on hotels and hostels for 2 months, obviously:lol..

Latarian Milton
04-05-2013, 10:01 PM
:lol a girl friend of mine works for American Airlines and listed me as her companion, so I get 80% off my flights..why wouldn't I take that, you pussy, tbh?..

But ya, I'm not trying to spend a rack on hotels and hostels for 2 months, obviously:lol..
that 20% discount might come at the expense of accident insurance though, bitches ain't the right people to trust tbh

Gutter92
04-06-2013, 12:31 AM
HH, I'll be in Serbia for a week (Belgrade, great nightlife, beautiful women) June 28-July 3, then spending 40 days in Montenegro. You should highly consider going to Montenegro,Croatia, etc...everything is very cheap over there, and having a job in the US --> going there to spend your $ is awesome.

Btw, long time no see, enjoy your trip regardless of where you go. Always happy to see some people that value spending $ on travel rather than material possessions only...never understand why some of my friends are like "noooo, can't travel, need to buy X".

Ultra Europe in Croatia is gonna be sick, btw ;)

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2013, 01:05 AM
:lolA bunch of my boys are actually planning on going to Ultra and were telling me to reach, tbh, I'll probably link up with them..

I'll PM you before I go to see what's up, tbh..

The Reckoning
04-06-2013, 01:38 AM
make friends with europeans and go visit where they live. imo youll have a much better time (and cheaper).

Koolaid_Man
04-06-2013, 07:41 AM
:lolA bunch of my boys are actually planning on going to Ultra and were telling me to reach, tbh, I'll probably link up with them..

I'll PM you before I go to see what's up, tbh..

my my...you're just full of surprises...Broke and you're gay eh? I've never understood this linking up with my boys without a single mention of ho's...is linking up like wiener or sausaging up? I guess traveling abroad for the first time can reveal quite a bit about a person...:lol

word of advice stop trying to travel to Europe on a cheap ass budget...get your paper straight and then go ball...sounds like you like to brag about your status when living in and likely using the US welfare system but as soon as you cross 'the pond' then it's budget city...listen...if you're going to represent America then you should plan to do it well...they're are beautiful classy women all over Europe and sluts alike...but regardless if you play you pay....

and if you want to visit Africa while there I suggest you simply visit the British museum...they have so so so much stolen shit from Africa you might as well be there.

the women in Italy are the best in bed from my re-collection...even women that work for the sanitation dept. picking up trash on the side of the road are fucking hot as hell...btw the women in Spain give real good head...I've been all over Europe and lived in Africa for 1 yr at the behest of my pop's ...but that's as much as I'm willing to reveal....

good luck traveling on a Ramen noodle budget

Koolaid_Man
04-06-2013, 07:52 AM
and a huge word of advice in all honesty....if you say you're a Lebron James fan you're getting ZERO pussy....let me repeat ZERO pussy... the Ho's over there regardless of their status are in love with Kobe..even if Lebron wins again this year...they won't know him because he's not in LA and he's not a good looking guy...it's the same reason Lebron got dissed by that Olympic swimmer while Kobe had Ho's all over him....I know you dislike him but if you really want to save money then mention Kobe Bryant and the panties will drop for free...real talk...

you mention Tim Duncan and the conversation will turn boring they'll likely just end the conversation on the basis of you talking about people no one care's about or ever heard of...

TDMVPDPOY
04-06-2013, 09:13 AM
my friend got their documents and stuff stolen on the way back...had to stay for a couple more days for embassy to renew pp

GoodOdor
04-06-2013, 12:54 PM
If a couple of cute girls approach you, asking you to go grab a drink or look at some "art", don't fool for it - they
will take you to some shady place/bar, and when the bill comes it will be in the hundreds of dollars - and there's gonna
be a couple of guys there to make sure you pay.

Gutter92
04-07-2013, 12:58 AM
Harlem, PMing me won't do shit, i still don't have any privelages back on ST :lol

Let me know if you go to Ultra in Croatia, I speak the language (Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian...same shit lol), and plan on going there with a few buddies this summer.

BTW, depending on what country you plan on staying in, you can probably just rent a room or apartment from people there for like 10 euros a day

The Reckoning
04-07-2013, 11:09 AM

boutons_deux
04-07-2013, 11:23 AM

Euros don't have any general problems with Americans, but they do have, justifiably, lots of long-standing objections with America's foreign policies, actions.