PDA

View Full Version : How can the Niners...

Avante
04-05-2013, 03:57 AM
...not win a Superbowl with the coaching/talent they have? What team is more talented?

HarlemHeat37
04-05-2013, 04:48 AM
They are lacking a certain element at QB, tbh..a certain skin color that is required to succeed at the QB position..

benefactor
04-05-2013, 06:01 AM
No team is a lock. This isn't the NBA where you get a seven game series to potentially turn things around. It's one game on one day in the playoffs...and one bad decision in a pressure filled moment can end it all quickly.

Lincoln
04-05-2013, 07:31 AM
:lol getting raped in the SB and needing the biggest fluke in SB history in order to make it a game

:lol your QB not being able to get 5 yards in 4 plays

Chinook
04-05-2013, 08:19 AM
I don't think their coaching is anywhere near the advantage that people try to make it out to be. I do see a lot of Rex Ryan in Jim Harbaugh. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them start to go down hill this year.

symple19
04-05-2013, 09:07 AM
I don't think their coaching is anywhere near the advantage that people try to make it out to be. I do see a lot of Rex Ryan in Jim Harbaugh. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them start to go down hill this year.

:lmao

Please, elaborate on that take.

symple19
04-05-2013, 09:09 AM
...not win a Superbowl with the coaching/talent they have? What team is more talented?

You said the same goddamn thing last year, Avante. I think SF may have won the super bowl if not for your retarded takes. How about gravitating over to the Chargers, where the rest of the delusional, oft-butthurt fans reside

tlongII
04-05-2013, 09:39 AM
The 49'ers are the second best team in their division.

Chinook
04-05-2013, 10:41 AM
:lmao

Please, elaborate on that take.

Short version, because I'm in a rush: The 9ers remind me of the old Ravens. A team can only win on swagger for so long. Jim was firmly out-coached in the Superbowl. The better coaches in the league will start to be the 9ers this year. By going down hill, I mean begin to not advance as far into the playoffs as they have now. They'll be sort of like the Packers and Saints as far as playoff success goes.

I can elaborate later tonight if you want.

Clipper Nation
04-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Tbh, the Niners might not even be the most talented team in their own division.... the Seahawks are pretty fucking stacked.....

Clipper Nation
04-05-2013, 10:58 AM
How about gravitating over to the Chargers, where the rest of the delusional, oft-butthurt fans reside
Please don't, this franchise is cursed enough without that old faggot jinxing them even more with his shit takes :lol

symple19
04-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Short version, because I'm in a rush: The 9ers remind me of the old Ravens. A team can only win on swagger for so long. Jim was firmly out-coached in the Superbowl. The better coaches in the league will start to be the 9ers this year. By going down hill, I mean begin to not advance as far into the playoffs as they have now. They'll be sort of like the Packers and Saints as far as playoff success goes.

I can elaborate later tonight if you want.

I agree that he was out coached in the SB, and would also agree that it's entirely possible they don't go as deep this year as they have in the past two (based on law of averages alone,) but long term I would disagree. The Niners have what has turned into, imo, one of the best front offices in the league coupled with one of the better coaches in the league. I think Jim will learn from the past and get better. Guys like Belichek and Coughlin, for example, didn't just come in and win SB's right away but had to go through a process.

symple19
04-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Please don't, this franchise is cursed enough without that old faggot jinxing them even more with his shit takes :lol

Sorry CN... How about the Raiders, then? :lol

symple19
04-05-2013, 11:09 AM
The 49'ers are the second best team in their division.

:lol

you are the most consistent poster on this board :toast

Chinook
04-05-2013, 04:29 PM
I agree that he was out coached in the SB, and would also agree that it's entirely possible they don't go as deep this year as they have in the past two (based on law of averages alone,) but long term I would disagree. The Niners have what has turned into, imo, one of the best front offices in the league coupled with one of the better coaches in the league. I think Jim will learn from the past and get better. Guys like Belichek and Coughlin, for example, didn't just come in and win SB's right away but had to go through a process.

I don't think as highly of the SanFran front office as you do. I think the past regime was really good and that this current one is reaping the benefits of their predecessor's hard work. It's the same reason why I'm not giving Elway credit. I don't think it's fair to evaluate this front office until a couple of years down the line, when the talent that was already on the team starts to leave. This draft will be big in determining that front office's future.

I don't like Harbaugh as a leader or strategist. He got out-coached in the Super Bowl because he has very little discipline. It showed in the two weeks leading up to the big game where he let his team run around partying. I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the Schwartz situation, but now I'm starting to think he's too much of a hothead to win the big one. I know he can calm down as he matures, but you have to wonder if he would be as effective of a head coach without his fire. The 9ers feed off their swagger. It gives them confidence to shut down their opponents. But it also leads to them losing focus in critical moments. And it leads to them being unable to accept responsibility for their failure. As far as Xs and O's go, I'm not a fan of their scheme. I think the read-option is a joke, first off. It's not a sustainable formation. When that threat is gone, the passing game will fail. On defense, they rely on a dominant front seven that wasn't really dominant in the post-season. They'll need to keep adding high drafts picks to it like the Giants do.

In general, I think the 9ers are a team that drafted well in the past and have a large stock of cheap talent. They've been able to win by simply being better than their opponents physically. That's not going to be sustainable. The Ravens were an old banged up team and managed to stop them by out-coaching them. Once the 9ers have their bad luck with injuries, they fall back with the rest of the contending pack in the NFC. I'm not saying that I believe they won't win a Super Bowl soon; I'm just saying that I would not be surprised to see them have to go in as a wild card next season and actually miss the playoffs in a couple of years. Teams hardly get very many years at their peak, and I think San Francisco is at theirs now.

J.T.
04-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Niners got shit on by Jacoby Jones, fools gold team.

J.T.
04-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Agree with Chinook on Elway. I'm sure the Denver fanbase thinks he's the man simply because it's John Elway running your front office, he has to be as good an administrator as he was a QB right? IMO the only thing he's done is get "Luck-y" when the Colts cut Manning and was in the right place at the right time to benefit from that. Yeah he got some other players to compliment Manning, but that has a lot to do with Peyton being there and his reputation for putting a team on his back than Elway negotiating with agents. They had the best O-line in the NFL and that's why Manning went there.

I think Welker signing there is more of that dude needing a super accurate QB to offset his smaller size at his position. It's only obvious he go from Brady to Manning if staying in New England wasn't an option.

benefactor
04-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Truth bomb.

Chinook
04-05-2013, 08:46 PM

I laughed harder at that than I should have.

Agree with Chinook on Elway. I'm sure the Denver fanbase thinks he's the man simply because it's John Elway running your front office, he has to be as good an administrator as he was a QB right? IMO the only thing he's done is get "Luck-y" when the Colts cut Manning and was in the right place at the right time to benefit from that. Yeah he got some other players to compliment Manning, but that has a lot to do with Peyton being there and his reputation for putting a team on his back than Elway negotiating with agents. They had the best O-line in the NFL and that's why Manning went there.

I think Welker signing there is more of that dude needing a super accurate QB to offset his smaller size at his position. It's only obvious he go from Brady to Manning if staying in New England wasn't an option.

I'm not saying Elway is terrible, yet. I just don't think anyone should assume he's good. He hasn't been very good in the draft, not as much in the picks as in the maneuvering. He doesn't seem to have a good idea of how to build a team. There's no way that they needed Welker more than Dumervil.

He (and Manning) gets way too much credit for the Broncos' success. If Denver has Alex Smith instead of Tim Tebow, they probably end up with double-digit wins a couple of season ago, too. I won't give Elway props until he makes a good non-obvious move on his own. Same with San Francisco's regime, but at least they drafted Kaepernick, whom the Broncos passed on for Rahim Moore. :rollin

chunticakes
04-05-2013, 10:41 PM
i'm fearful the niners will have one of those super-bowl-loser-cursed-seasons tbh.

TIMMYtoZO
04-06-2013, 01:23 PM
I am willing to hold off on the Kaepernick deal until I see Brock Osweiler play. This was an Elway pick. Rahim Moore was still a bad pick. Chinook should be happy about that move. :lol

Kaepernick has not convinced me that he can get the job done. I also am not a fan of Harbaugh.

The Giants are right there with the rest of the NFC. They keep being their own worst enemy at the wrong time, but they have the talent to hang with the best of them.

vander
04-06-2013, 09:52 PM
damn, I think I'm just a bandwagon Chargers fan now. something snapped this year, I tried to care about who they replaced AJ and Norv with, I tried to care about who the NEW GUYS! signed in Free Agency, I'm trying to care about the draft... but it's just the same old fucking song and dance, wake me up if and when you guys start making wise NFL personnel decisions and become contenders... otherwise I don't give a fuck, because you already took all the fucks I had to give and then some... :(

Grit and Grind
04-07-2013, 01:24 AM
I think the Seahawks are better tbh

Fabbs
04-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Love Harbaughs coaching but two super costly moves ended both Bowl attempts.
1. Leaving injured punt returner in after he already botched one. Thus allowing Giant escape.
2. 2nd and goal 3 straight passes when you have the best option QB in the NFL. The blantant hold non call, you know going in that call ain't going to happen.

Avante
04-08-2013, 01:23 PM
They are lacking a certain element at QB, tbh..a certain skin color that is required to succeed at the QB position..

You do know that only a half dozen QB's out stat Warren Moon, right? You do know that Jim Kelly, Dan Marino and Fran Tarkenton never won a Superbowl while Gramblings Doug Williams did, right?

Avante
04-08-2013, 01:24 PM
:lol getting raped in the SB and needing the biggest fluke in SB history in order to make it a game

:lol your QB not being able to get 5 yards in 4 plays

At least my QB's knows he's not Jerome Bettis.

Avante
04-08-2013, 01:26 PM
You said the same goddamn thing last year, Avante. I think SF may have won the super bowl if not for your retarded takes. How about gravitating over to the Chargers, where the rest of the delusional, oft-butthurt fans reside

And I came with in a bad non call of nailing it...right? Dude, stick to crying around about you were in the Army or was it Marines?

Avante
04-08-2013, 01:27 PM

Dude, elevate your game, ok? Always that same old....DUH!!!!!!

Avante
04-08-2013, 01:28 PM
I think the Seahawks are better tbh

Based on what and be specific. Ever notice they aren't the same on the road?

Blake
04-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Why do you have to be so mean?

Avante
04-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Why do you have to be so mean?

I simply counter punch, act like a prick/punk and I'll treat you like one.

J.T.
04-08-2013, 02:23 PM
And I came with in a bad non call of nailing it...right? Dude, stick to crying around about you were in the Army or was it Marines?

You're a faggot.

Avante
04-08-2013, 02:48 PM
You're a faggot.

I'm not the one going around calling people a faggot while in hiding now am I little man? Would love to see you try that in person.

Lincoln
04-08-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm not the one going around calling people a faggot while in hiding now am I little man? Would love to see you try that in person.

You're a faggot.

Avante
04-08-2013, 03:03 PM
You're a faggot.

Dude, look at yourself, what a fucking mess. Still acting like a little kid, sheesh.

Lincoln
04-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Dude, look at yourself, what a fucking mess. Still acting like a little kid, sheesh.
You're a faggot.

Avante
04-08-2013, 03:12 PM
You're a faggot.

Sad to watch you freak, yep...pity.

Must hurt being a lowly Redskin fan. Not that you actually know shit about them, yep could school you on your team....hahahaha!!!!!!!!

Lincoln
04-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Sad to watch you freak, yep...pity.

Must hurt being a lowly Redskin fan. Not that you actually know shit about them, yep could school you on your team....hahahaha!!!!!!!!

You're a faggot.

Avante
04-08-2013, 03:22 PM
You're a faggot.

Do I own this little bitch or what?

Lincoln
04-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Do I own this little bitch or what?

You're a faggot.

Avante
04-08-2013, 03:36 PM
You're a faggot.

Mental retardation, a sad situation.

Lincoln
04-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Mental retardation, a sad situation.

You're a faggot.

J.T.
04-08-2013, 06:04 PM

I am quite confident your tone would change dramatically if you saw me in person, so perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough the first time. You're. A. Faggot.

benefactor
04-08-2013, 06:30 PM
You're a faggot.

You're a faggot.

You're a faggot.

You're a faggot.

You're a faggot.

You're a faggot.

I am quite confident your tone would change dramatically if you saw me in person, so perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough the first time. You're. A. Faggot.

benefactor
04-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Faggot.

Clipper Nation
04-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Avante is the biggest pillowbiting faggot on these boards tbh...

Avante
04-08-2013, 10:39 PM

It works both ways little one.

Avante
04-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Avante is the biggest pillowbiting faggot on these boards tbh...

I'm not the one following people around acting like an idiot.

J.T.
04-08-2013, 11:28 PM
It works both ways little one.

Age before beauty, faggot.

Avante
04-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Age before beauty, faggot.

Let me guess.....19?

Avante
04-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Getting back to the Niners.

I don't see a team out there with more quality personel.

tlongII
04-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Getting back to the Niners.

I don't see a team out there with more quality personel.

Seahawks.

Avante
04-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Seahawks.

No not really.

Gore vs Lynch a wash.

Niners have the backers, D line.

Niners have theTE

Niners have the wide receivers

Russell will probably be the better QB

tlongII
04-09-2013, 07:56 PM
No not really.

Gore vs Lynch a wash.

Niners have the backers, D line.

Niners have theTE

Niners have the wide receivers

Russell will probably be the better QB

Seahawks have the better d-line and the better receivers.

Avante
04-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Seahawks have the better d-line and the better receivers.

El Wrongo.

tlongII
04-09-2013, 09:50 PM
El Wrongo.

El righto. No question about it.

Avante
04-09-2013, 10:10 PM
El righto. No question about it.

Don't watch much NFL do you?

J.T.
04-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Let me guess.....19?

I wish, faggot.

Avante
04-09-2013, 11:17 PM
I wish, faggot.

Doesn't that simple shit bore ya? It would me. Dude, it's the off season, why not drop the bullshit and talk some football? Are you really all that butt hurt because I know some stuff? Why not try and learn something? Add some ammo to your arsenal.

You really can't do any better than this immature silly ass.."faggot"...come on man grow the fuck up, ok? That bullshit makes no dent, all it does is make you and others look like fucking morons. So afraid of the guy who can talk the history of things, hahahaha!!!!!!!! Why?

J.T.
04-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Doesn't that simple shit bore ya? It would me. Dude, it's the off season, why not drop the bullshit and talk some football? Are you really all that butt hurt because I know some stuff? Why not try and learn something? Add some ammo to your arsenal.

You really can't do any better than this immature silly ass.."faggot"...come on man grow the fuck up, ok? That bullshit makes no dent, all it does is make you and others look like fucking morons. So afraid of the guy who can talk the history of things, hahahaha!!!!!!!! Why?

I am not at all concerned by some old man on the internet thinking I look like a moron, faggot.

J.T.
04-09-2013, 11:25 PM
And lol "afraid"

You're a faggot. What's to be afraid of?

Lincoln
04-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Lol niners getting raped in the SB

Avante
04-09-2013, 11:28 PM
And lol "afraid"

You're a faggot. What's to be afraid of?

So immature, wow!

Avante
04-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Lol niners getting raped in the SB

The Redskins not even making it to the Championship game, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Clipper Nation
04-09-2013, 11:39 PM
The Redskins not even making it to the Championship game, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!

You're a faggot

tlongII
04-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Don't watch much NFL do you?

More than you could ever imagine.

Avante
04-09-2013, 11:45 PM
You're a faggot

Why not bug the other kiddies around here?

Avante
04-09-2013, 11:47 PM
More than you could ever imagine.

Well I imagine every televised (I could get) NFL game since 1963. Now it's 5 games a week.

Clipper Nation
04-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Why not bug the other kiddies around here?

You're a faggot

J.T.
04-10-2013, 12:02 AM
Man the internet was so much cooler when old people didn't use it. Fucking Facebook.

Avante
04-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Man the internet was so much cooler when old people didn't use it. Fucking Facebook.

It would be a hell of a lot cooler if know nothing kids weren't allowed on it.
They don't know enought to make things interesting and so many still get a nut talking stupid. The net should be for grown ups who know something. Look at you, now what can anyone learn from you, yep, nothing. What could you tell me, yep...0.

All you are capable of is this..."sure hope the whoever do good in 2013"....that's it! Wow, riveting!

Avante
04-10-2013, 12:08 AM
You're a faggot

Who owns you.

J.T.
04-10-2013, 12:30 AM
It would be a hell of a lot cooler if know nothing kids weren't allowed on it.
They don't know enought to make things interesting and so many still get a nut talking stupid. The net should be for grown ups who know something. Look at you, now what can anyone learn from you, yep, nothing. What could you tell me, yep...0.

All you are capable of is this..."sure hope the whoever do good in 2013"....that's it! Wow, riveting!

The thing about that Avante is that nobody wants you to teach them anything, you just do it anyway. I have a computer. I pay my internet bill each month. If I want to know something about Yesterday's NFL I can fucking look it up myself. The only work of noble note you've done in this forum is make everybody hate you which made our own interpersonal rivalries look trivial by comparison, so thanks for that. Now if you don't mind, shut the fuck up and stop being such a faggot old man.

Starting to think your hobby isn't the NFL as much as it's a fetish for talking when no one wants you to.

Clipper Nation
04-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Who owns you.
You're a faggot

Chinook
04-10-2013, 06:21 AM
The Seahawks do have a better receiving corp and D-line. For as much of a homer as TlongII can be, I agree with him entirely on that. Right now, the only receivers of note on the 49ers are Boldin and Crabtree. I'd take Harvin over both of those players combined, and that doesn't even get into Seattle's other players. That line has too many great players and was too effective last year not to be the best this season. Unlike San Francisco's line, Seattle's has great depth. People can excuse the 49ers' line performance against Baltimore by saying that Justin Smith was hurt, but honestly, most teams have at least on member of their line go down every season. If that had happened earlier in the year, Seattle may have won the NFCW.

D-line: Seattle

Inside Linebackers: San Francisco

Outside Linebackers: Wash

Secondary: Seattle by a mile.

Defense: Seattle

Quarterback: Wash

Running back: Seattle

Receiving corp (including tight-ends): Seattle

Offensive line: San Francisco

Offense: Wash

Special Teams: Seattle

Overall: Seattle

Avante
04-10-2013, 01:43 PM
The thing about that Avante is that nobody wants you to teach them anything, you just do it anyway. I have a computer. I pay my internet bill each month. If I want to know something about Yesterday's NFL I can fucking look it up myself. The only work of noble note you've done in this forum is make everybody hate you which made our own interpersonal rivalries look trivial by comparison, so thanks for that. Now if you don't mind, shut the fuck up and stop being such a faggot old man.

Starting to think your hobby isn't the NFL as much as it's a fetish for talking when no one wants you to.

In case you haven't noticed this thread is about the 2013 Niners, is it ok with you if I talk about my team?

Dude, don't we all have the option of reading those threads we find interesting? So why not by pass stuff that doesn't interest you? I do that all the time.

I'm also really not too concerned with what you need me to do, who the fuck are you?

Avante
04-10-2013, 01:48 PM
The Seahawks do have a better receiving corp and D-line. For as much of a homer as TlongII can be, I agree with him entirely on that. Right now, the only receivers of note on the 49ers are Boldin and Crabtree. I'd take Harvin over both of those players combined, and that doesn't even get into Seattle's other players. That line has too many great players and was too effective last year not to be the best this season. Unlike San Francisco's line, Seattle's has great depth. People can excuse the 49ers' line performance against Baltimore by saying that Justin Smith was hurt, but honestly, most teams have at least on member of their line go down every season. If that had happened earlier in the year, Seattle may have won the NFCW.

D-line: Seattle

Inside Linebackers: San Francisco

Outside Linebackers: Wash

Secondary: Seattle by a mile.

Defense: Seattle

Quarterback: Wash

Running back: Seattle

Receiving corp (including tight-ends): Seattle

Offensive line: San Francisco

Offense: Wash

Special Teams: Seattle

Overall: Seattle

Couldn't be more wrong if you tried especially with that Harvin line, that was ridiculous.

The Seahawks cannot match...

Mario Manningham
Antuan Boldin
Michael Crabtree
Vernon Davis

And where you got the idea they have the better D line..???????????????

The Niners have a better gang of backs, better receivers, a better front seven, yep the Seahawks have the better secondary.

The Resdkins don't even belong in the same discussion.

Clipper Nation
04-10-2013, 02:00 PM
In case you haven't noticed this thread is about the 2013 Niners, is it ok with you if I talk about my team?

Dude, don't we all have the option of reading those threads we find interesting? So why not by pass stuff that doesn't interest you? I do that all the time.

I'm also really not too concerned with what you need me to do, who the fuck are you?
You're a faggot

J.T.
04-10-2013, 02:08 PM

My bad dude, I guess I missed the part where this is the first thread in the history of internet message boards to go off topic. Stay gay, faggot.

Avante
04-10-2013, 02:11 PM
You're a faggot

Would you believe once upon a time the AFL West Conference started this backfield in the All Star game?

QB...Tobin Rote
FB...Keith Lincoln
RB...Paul Lowe
Flanker...Lance Alworth

All Chargers.

Avante
04-10-2013, 02:12 PM
My bad dude, I guess I missed the part where this is the first thread in the history of internet message boards to go off topic. Stay gay, faggot.

Stay simple and immature.

Chinook
04-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Couldn't be more wrong if you tried especially with that Harvin line, that was ridiculous.

The Seahawks cannot match...

Mario Manningham
Antuan Boldin
Michael Crabtree
Vernon Davis

And where you got the idea they have the better D line..???????????????

The Niners have a better gang of backs, better receivers, a better front seven, yep the Seahawks have the better secondary.

The Resdkins don't even belong in the same discussion.

Two clutch receivers who really aren't that good, one near-bust and one late bloomer. There's not an explosive play-maker out of that bunch. I don't know how you think Kaep's getting the ball downfield with those four.

The Seahawks had a better line last season, and they added to really good ends to that. The 49ers really have to worry about Smith's long-term future.

And no, Gore isn't better than Lynch. Gore's massively overrated.

"Wash" means "tie," by the way.

J.T.
04-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Stay simple and immature.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvmwsx4vEL1qcu28ao1_500.gif

Avante
04-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Two clutch receivers who really aren't that good, one near-bust and one late bloomer. There's not an explosive play-maker out of that bunch. I don't know how you think Kaep's getting the ball downfield with those four.

The Seahawks had a better line last season, and they added to really good ends to that. The 49ers really have to worry about Smith's long-term future.

And no, Gore isn't better than Lynch. Gore's massively overrated.

"Wash" means "tie," by the way.

Dude, ya really do need to do your homework, honest!

Gore has caught over 300 passes, Lynch less than 150. Gore has never had a season where he averaged less than 4.2, Lynch has had three seasons at less than 4.0. Gore has scored more touchdowns, he's had more long runs, he's had more seasons with a plus 4.4 average, what in the hell are you looking at? Gore 4.6 career avg, Lynch 4.2 now add the fact Gore also catchs the ball.

I put Gore/Lynch wash because both are great backs, can't go wrong with either but Gore has had by far the better career,

Go ahead run off to..GOOGLE...and look for yourself.

Believe whatever ya like as we can see you need some homework.

Overrated????

ZQ4lUQtFrAA

Chinook
04-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Dude, ya really do need to do your homework, honest!

Gore has caught over 300 passes, Lynch less than 150. Gore has never had a season where he averaged less than 4.2, Lynch has had three seasons at less than 4.0. Gore has scored more touchdowns, he's had more long runs, he's had more seasons with a plus 4.4 average, what in the hell are you looking at? Gore 4.6 career avg, Lynch 4.2 now add the fact Gore also catchs the ball.

I put Gore/Lynch wash because both are great backs, can't go wrong with either but Gore has had by far the better career,

Go ahead run off to..GOOGLE...and look for yourself.

Believe whatever ya like as we can see you need some homework.

Overrated????

ZQ4lUQtFrAA

I didn't say Lynch had the better career. I assumed we were talking about the future.

Gore is going to be 30 and going into his ninth year. Last year was the first that Gore played every game since 2006. He's had injury issues every year.

He only caught five more passes and for about 80 more yards than Lynch did. Lynch meanwhile out gained Gore by 400 yards from scrimmage and scored four more touchdowns. There's little question Lynch is better right now.

It's pretty clear why no one wants to talk to you. You make all this ruckus about just wanting to talk football, but you bring up such terrible support for your arguments that it's hard to take that claim seriously. I mean, come on; you're trying to use catches in an argument for who's the better back? It's not even like Gore is really multi-dimensional. Ray Rice had more catches last season than Gore had the last two seasons combined. He's certainly not even the discussion as a dual-threat.

Avante
04-10-2013, 05:34 PM
I didn't say Lynch had the better career. I assumed we were talking about the future.

Gore is going to be 30 and going into his ninth year. Last year was the first that Gore played every game since 2006. He's had injury issues every year.

He only caught five more passes and for about 80 more yards than Lynch did. Lynch meanwhile out gained Gore by 400 yards from scrimmage and scored four more touchdowns. There's little question Lynch is better right now.

It's pretty clear why no one wants to talk to you. You make all this ruckus about just wanting to talk football, but you bring up such terrible support for your arguments that it's hard to take that claim seriously. I mean, come on; you're trying to use catches in an argument for who's the better back? It's not even like Gore is really multi-dimensional. Ray Rice had more catches last season than Gore had the last two seasons combined. He's certainly not even the discussion as a dual-threat.

You do know that Lynch is also heading into his ninth season, right? And no he isn't the better back right now or next season or in his career. He averages less, he scores less, he isn't the receiving threat, he doesn't break the long run.

What you said was Gore was overrated, where did you get that? The guy has averaged 4.6 over 8 seasons, do I really need to point out all those HOF backs who averaged less? Gore is a great back as we saw in that video. Yes being a receiving threat is a biggie just ask a defensive cordinator.

Linford Christie won the Olympic 100m at well over 30. Gore is not showing any signs of age.

You look at average per carry, that tells the tale. Jiimmy Brown, Barry Sanders and Gale Sayers all averaged 5.0 or more for a career. No wonder they are as revered as they are. Lynch averages 4.2, that is very average. Yes he is a stud but has....0...on Frank Gore, the stats prove that....fact.

Chinook
04-10-2013, 07:45 PM
You do know that Lynch is also heading into his ninth season, right? And no he isn't the better back right now or next season or in his career. He averages less, he scores less, he isn't the receiving threat, he doesn't break the long run.

What you said was Gore was overrated, where did you get that? The guy has averaged 4.6 over 8 seasons, do I really need to point out all those HOF backs who averaged less? Gore is a great back as we saw in that video. Yes being a receiving threat is a biggie just ask a defensive cordinator.

Linford Christie won the Olympic 100m at well over 30. Gore is not showing any signs of age.

You look at average per carry, that tells the tale. Jiimmy Brown, Barry Sanders and Gale Sayers all averaged 5.0 or more for a career. No wonder they are as revered as they are. Lynch averages 4.2, that is very average. Yes he is a stud but has....0...on Frank Gore, the stats prove that....fact.

Lynch was drafted in 2007. Next season will be his seventh. That oversight is indicative of your whole argument.

He's had a better year than Gore each of the last two seasons. He's also three years younger than Gore. Gore's been hurt every year except for last year. There's no question who looks like they'll be better for the future.

Avante
04-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Lynch was drafted in 2007. Next season will be his seventh. That oversight is indicative of your whole argument.

He's had a better year than Gore each of the last two seasons. He's also three years younger than Gore. Gore's been hurt every year except for last year. There's no question who looks like they'll be better for the future.

It's very obvious you really haven't seen Gore play all that much. Your..overrated...makes that clear. The Seahawks used Lynch more, that's the only difference.

Both teams are Superbowl contenders right now, not too concerned with 3 years down the road. As of right now Frank Gore is every bit as good as Lynch, there is no reasoning/logic at all that disputes that. Look at their average per carry the last two seasons, what do we see?

Chinook
04-10-2013, 08:29 PM
It's very obvious you really haven't seen Gore play all that much. Your..overrated...makes that clear. The Seahawks used Lynch more, that's the only difference.

Both teams are Superbowl contenders right now, not too concerned with 3 years down the road. As of right now Frank Gore is every bit as good as Lynch, there is no reasoning/logic at all that disputes that. Look at their average per carry the last two seasons, what do we see?

I'm flattered. I didn't even know I was rated.

Also, I thought a 5.0 YPC was supposed to be hall worthy. Lynch is a higher-usage player than Gore, which happens when a player is younger. I don't trust that Gore will ever play a full season again. He's only had two in his career. Lynch is certainly peaking, too, but he should still have more miles left than Gore. Obviously Harbaugh agrees, seeing as he drafted another back in the second last year.

The fact that Lynch has had a better average YPC over the last two seasons, is three years younger and is a better workhorse certainly suggests he's better than Gore looking forward. You can disagree with that all you want, but that doesn't make you right. I doubt there's a coach in the league that'd take Gore over Lynch for just next year, let alone beyond that.

Avante
04-10-2013, 11:40 PM
I'm flattered. I didn't even know I was rated.

Also, I thought a 5.0 YPC was supposed to be hall worthy. Lynch is a higher-usage player than Gore, which happens when a player is younger. I don't trust that Gore will ever play a full season again. He's only had two in his career. Lynch is certainly peaking, too, but he should still have more miles left than Gore. Obviously Harbaugh agrees, seeing as he drafted another back in the second last year.

The fact that Lynch has had a better average YPC over the last two seasons, is three years younger and is a better workhorse certainly suggests he's better than Gore looking forward. You can disagree with that all you want, but that doesn't make you right. I doubt there's a coach in the league that'd take Gore over Lynch for just next year, let alone beyond that.

Having seen both many many times, there is no doubt who the better back is. Facts are just that, facts. Gore breaks long runs, we rarely see that out of Lynch, yes I know he did have.."the"...run and he is a quality back but can't put him above Gore, sure in a couple years but when we look back on both careers, it will Gore who had the better one.

tlongII
04-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Antoine Winfield is close to signing with the Seahawks. His signing would just add to the advantage the Seahawks have over the 49'ers.