vs SAS
vs HOU

Jazz next 5

@ GSW
vs OKC
vs MIN
@ MIN
@ MEM

Lakers are playing one more back to back. Jazz are playing 1 more road game than LA.

Best case scenario. Lakers win 4-2 with Kobe playing like a True MVP, IMHO, Gasol being Ga-Strong again, Jamison finally playing like a decent NBA Player and Earl Clark back to Clarksanity. Dwight also is playing at a different level, defensively.

Jazz best case scenario. They go 3-2. They lose @ GSW and OKC and win the last 3 since Memphis may rest its starters for the final game.

Lakers 44-38
Jazz 43-39

Lakers makes the playoffs and gives OKC a hard fought 6 game series.

Banzai
04-06-2013, 10:50 AM
tbh...jazz have the tie breaker right? in the end I think that's what will keep the Lakers from getting in..if they even end up winning their remaining games.

StrengthAndHonor
04-06-2013, 11:46 AM
tbh...jazz have the tie breaker right? in the end I think that's what will keep the Lakers from getting in..if they even end up winning their remaining games.

In this scenario, Lakers would have to lose 4 of their last 6 and Jazz must win 3 of their 5 to sexure the 8th. It would take a monumental collapse or a hot streak for the Jazz to knock the Lakers out.

Also, those home games will do wonders for the Lakers.

irishock
04-06-2013, 11:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/WPpdB.jpg

whitemamba
04-06-2013, 12:21 PM
getting sick of these fucking threads... wait a week and we will fucking see

StrengthAndHonor
04-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Fuck you. No one asked you to read this thread.

whitemamba
04-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Fuck you. No one asked you to read this thread.

well thats not very nice now is it?

StrengthAndHonor
04-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Oh we cool man. We cool.

Latarian Milton
04-06-2013, 07:56 PM
lakers are a lock imho. mavs are already out of the race and utah will get screwed again by refs if needed.

noob cake
04-06-2013, 08:10 PM
stern got the lakers on lock

Jacob1983
04-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Home games favor the Lakers because Stern will instruct his zebras to help Kobe and basketball reasons win games. Home games are good for the Jazz but you can't put them on the same level as the Lakers when it comes to home games.

StrengthAndHonor
04-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Picture just got a little bit clearer. Lakers have 5 games remaining to Jazz' 4.

vs NOH
@ POR
vs GSW
vs SAS
vs HOU

Jazz

vs OKC
vs MIN
@ MIN
@ MEM

Assuming the Jazz wins 3 out of 4, Lakers must win all 5 remaining games since Jazz has the tie breaker.

Worst case scenario for Utah. They lose the game vs OKC and probably one of the Minnesota Twolves game since they're playing decent as of late. They win one other game vs Minnesota and the one at Memphis since the Grizzlies will rest their starters.

With a 2-2 record for the Jazz, the Lakers must now finish with a 4-1 record. Given the NOH and POR games are back to back and the Lakers are aweful at the Garden, thats already one loss. They must come back and win the next 3 vs GSW (likely) SAS (possible game that will end their playoff hopes) and HOU (assuming they beat SAS, they can win this game, considering its at Staples)

StrengthAndHonor
04-08-2013, 01:26 PM
I think its safe to say the Lakers are out. Jazz are playing out of their minds with Mo Williams recharging that team. They may very well win the next 4 tbh.

Drachen
04-08-2013, 01:35 PM
stern got the lakers on lock

stern's last playoff in the league and the Lakers don't make it? I think not.

Bynumite
04-08-2013, 01:39 PM
I think its safe to say the Lakers are out. Jazz are playing out of their minds with Mo Williams recharging that team. They may very well win the next 4 tbh.

The Thunder and Grizzlies can still try to secure the 1st and 4th seed, respectively, so it's not like they don't have something to play for.

And like you said, the Wolves are playing decent lately and their frontcourt is pretty solid and can do a good job against Utah's frontcourt. Also, i don't expect freaking Mo Williams to go off every game. Don't see them going 4-0 tbh.

But i question this Lakers team and if they have one final run in them, so even if the Jazz drop one or more games as i expect, the Lakers still have to play stellar ball until the end of the season to make the playoffs.

bus driver
04-08-2013, 03:23 PM
stern's last playoff in the league and the Lakers don't make it? I think not.

:lmao

jeebus
04-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Picture just got a little bit clearer. Lakers have 5 games remaining to Jazz' 4.

vs NOH
@ POR
vs GSW
vs SAS
vs HOU

Jazz

vs OKC
vs MIN
@ MIN
@ MEM

Assuming the Jazz wins 3 out of 4, Lakers must win all 5 remaining games since Jazz has the tie breaker.

Worst case scenario for Utah. They lose the game vs OKC and probably one of the Minnesota Twolves game since they're playing decent as of late. They win one other game vs Minnesota and the one at Memphis since the Grizzlies will rest their starters.

With a 2-2 record for the Jazz, the Lakers must now finish with a 4-1 record. Given the NOH and POR games are back to back and the Lakers are aweful at the Garden, thats already one loss. They must come back and win the next 3 vs GSW (likely) SAS (possible game that will end their playoff hopes) and HOU (assuming they beat SAS, they can win this game, considering its at Staples)
Boiled down:::

Lakers 5

Jazz 4

tee, hee

Robz4000
04-08-2013, 03:42 PM
If the Lakeshow find a way to lose to the Hornets, it's over.

Mugen
04-08-2013, 03:46 PM

Lakers 5

Jazz 4

tee, hee

:lol

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2013, 03:52 PM
I still think LA will make the playoffs, tbh, but it may depend on their game @ Portland..the Blazers are on the verge of shutting their team down, but I imagine that they hate the Lakers enough to want to end their playoff hopes..if the Lakers lose that game, it's over..

The rest of the schedule is difficult to predict, as it depends partly on opponents resting their rotation players..I'm assuming Pop rests players against the Lakers(although he could decide to play them in an attempt to end LA's playoff hopes) and Memphis's decision rests on the separation between them and Denver/Clippers..

But ya, LA@ Portland and Utah@Minnesota are wildcard games..

StrengthAndHonor
04-08-2013, 04:09 PM

Lakers 5

Jazz 4

tee, hee

Nice :lol

Fabbs
04-08-2013, 04:18 PM
It's not gonna happen but:

How much would you pay to see Sternie continue to rigqtr Laker and Jazz games, and even up the *intensity* of his rigging (example Jazz zero FTs thru mid 3rd last night vs Golden State)....
only to have the opponents of the Jazz "rig back" and throw the game? Allowing the Jazz to win regardless of how many rigged FTs Sternref gives Jazz Opponent. :rollin

Killakobe81
04-08-2013, 04:31 PM
I still think LA will make the playoffs, tbh, but it may depend on their game @ Portland..the Blazers are on the verge of shutting their team down, but I imagine that they hate the Lakers enough to want to end their playoff hopes..if the Lakers lose that game, it's over..

The rest of the schedule is difficult to predict, as it depends partly on opponents resting their rotation players..I'm assuming Pop rests players against the Lakers(although he could decide to play them in an attempt to end LA's playoff hopes) and Memphis's decision rests on the separation between them and Denver/Clippers..

But ya, LA@ Portland and Utah@Minnesota are wildcard games..

This. But no bull-shit I have no sympathy for this team, and will gladly eat the turd sandwiches (for about a week) that this place will dish, both cold and piping hot. I never picked this team to win it all ...in fact I said they would make WCF at best. YEs I know we have been injured, yes I know we changed coaches but when we lost that game to the Wiz (Wall was amazing Trevor too) this season ended for me. And Although I expected us to still get the 8th .... I pretty much have lost any faith in this team to do anyhting we expect. right now I expect us to end up 9th ...but then they will win 5 straight then get swept in round one if this playoffs goes the way it has been all year... a maddening team that Im not sure even with healthy would even be WCF tbh ...

BatManu20
04-08-2013, 04:38 PM
LA wins tonight and Utah loses to OKC. Lakers barely make the playoffs.

noob cake
04-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Goatbrook must shoot 4/22 tonight or the Lakers playoff hopes will still be alive.

Jodelo
04-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Tonight?

StrengthAndHonor
04-08-2013, 08:25 PM
It just boggles the mind that a team with

Kwame Brown
Lamar Odom
Luke Walton
Kobe Bryant
Smush Parker
Vladimir Radmanovic
Sasha Vujacic
Brian Cook

Made the playoffs, not once but TWICE! over

Dwight Howard
Pau Gasol
Ron Artest
Kobe Bryant
Steve Nash
Antawn Jamison
Earl Clark
Steve Blake

This either shows the true value of Kobe in his prime or the brilliance of Phil Jackson.

spurraider21
04-08-2013, 08:31 PM
the first half of the vid breaks down the Jazz-Warriors game, but move it straight to the Lakers-Clippers segment at the 4:40 mark. there are some interesting insights on Kobe's playing time and D'Antoni running him into the ground like the Chargers did with Tomlinson

http://youtu.be/rRvdFQKUJk0?t=4m40s

StrengthAndHonor
04-08-2013, 09:24 PM
the first half of the vid breaks down the Jazz-Warriors game, but move it straight to the Lakers-Clippers segment at the 4:40 mark. there are some interesting insights on Kobe's playing time and D'Antoni running him into the ground like the Chargers did with Tomlinson

http://youtu.be/rRvdFQKUJk0?t=4m40s
Coach Nick always has some good analysis. He's spot on on this one again. The Lakers would be stupid to bring D'Antonio back next year.

spurraider21
04-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Coach Nick always has some good analysis. He's spot on on this one again. The Lakers would be stupid to bring D'Antonio back next year.

If they can him they will be paying for the new coach, d'antoni, and mike brown :lol

StrengthAndHonor
04-09-2013, 12:25 AM
If they can him they will be paying for the new coach, d'antoni, and mike brown :lol
If they miss the playoffs then they have to give him the pink slip. If they make the playoffs, the new owner may give him another go at it with a revamped roster and a full training camp.

racm
04-09-2013, 12:27 AM
Jim Buss isn't the sharpest tool in the shed though.

Clipper Nation
04-09-2013, 12:29 AM

That's why I wouldn't be shocked if he's brought back for another year, and they just trot out the "injuries" and "no training camp" excuses, tbh....

spurraider21
04-09-2013, 12:51 AM
That's why I wouldn't be shocked if he's brought back for another year, and they just trot out the "injuries" and "no training camp" excuses, tbh....
They've been pretty damn injured all season to be fair, but with that roster, it really shouldn't matter. I mean, Dwight has only missed 6 games this season. Orlando with Dwight + 3 point shooting fillers was a top 3 seed in the East. And Kobe has barely missed games. That alone should be playoffs in any scenario.

D'Antoni's lack of control over the team is hilariously evident. Kobe's defensive effort all season is the best indicator of that. People will talk about his amazing season, some calling it MVP worthy, but he has been god awful 50% of the time (defense is literally half the game). His routine of throwing teammates under the bus should be noticed as well, but the ESPN narrative will always look over it

Mal
04-09-2013, 02:24 AM

Lakers 5

Jazz 4

tee, hee

Boiled down

Lakers: 9
Jazz: 8

tee hee