PDA

View Full Version : Spurs records without the big 4

ElNono
04-07-2013, 02:59 AM
With the playoffs rapidly approaching, and the Spurs fighting fatigue, a somewhat tough schedule, injuries, bumps and bruises, let's take a look at how the team has fared without their big 4 players.

Through 77 games, due to rest or injuries, the big 4 have missed these many games individually...

Tim Duncan: 12 games
Manu Ginobili: 18 games
Kawhi Leonard: 23 games
Tony Parker: 14 games

The Spurs record when they don't play...

Without Tim Duncan: 8-4
Without Manu Ginobili: 12-6
Without Kawhi Leonard: 15-8
Without Tony Parker: 11-3

All in all, the Spurs have done a commendable job even when some of the most important pieces have not suited up.

Let me just close by saying: We're going to need every single one of these guys when the playoffs roll around. Let's hope they all can come back as healthy as possible and help the team win.

AaronY
04-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Okay

mercos
04-07-2013, 09:22 AM
The season has been a major success considering we were missing at least one of our prime contributors for a quarter of the year. Unfortunately, NBA success is not measured by regular season success. If the team is not healthy and ready to go in the playoffs, the season will be considered a failure by many.

Uriel
04-07-2013, 09:28 AM
What's their record when all 4 have been available?

bbarry
04-07-2013, 10:02 AM
What's their record when all 4 have been available?

Spurs are around 21-7 (If I counted accurately) when all 4 play in the same game (not necessarily when 'all 4 have been available').

Proxy
04-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Didn't realize Kawhi missed that many games

bklynspursfan
04-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Didn't realize Kawhi missed that many games

It didn't help he and Jack both were out at the same time. The defense was pretty tough to bare during that stretch

TampaDude
04-07-2013, 05:49 PM
The season has been a major success considering we were missing at least one of our prime contributors for a quarter of the year. Unfortunately, NBA success is not measured by regular season success. If the team is not healthy and ready to go in the playoffs, the season will be considered a failure by many.

The current 16-season run by the Spurs is the best in NBA history as far as win % goes. While they don't always win the title, they are in the playoffs every year, and this long period of sustained excellence is unequaled in any of the four major professional sports.

That said, it would be sweet to get #5 this year. :hat

DAF86
04-07-2013, 06:41 PM
ElNono with the subtle Tony isn't as important as you all think CoM goods. :lol

Brunodf
04-07-2013, 06:57 PM
ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) with the subtle Tony isn't as important as you all think CoM goods. :lol
This

ElNono
04-07-2013, 07:27 PM
:lol

posting facts...

everybody can draw their own conclusions, tbh

superjames1992
04-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Tbh, the best record of the four choices is with Parker out. Cut Parker?

Blake
04-08-2013, 11:53 AM
I wonder if Speedy Claxton is available

HI-FI
04-08-2013, 11:11 PM
ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) with the subtle Tony isn't as important as you all think CoM goods. :lol

:lol
i never even noticed it, i just figured it was a tribute to our coaching staff, scouting and player development, something I wholeheartedly agree with. but should've figured El Nono would be subtlety trolling.

though I can't dismiss the effort, as the numbers seem to support a gut feeling I've always had.....:hat

Aztecfan03
04-09-2013, 12:36 AM

Eh, small sample size.

Darkwaters
04-09-2013, 03:02 AM
The current 16-season run by the Spurs is the best in NBA history as far as win % goes. While they don't always win the title, they are in the playoffs every year, and this long period of sustained excellence is unequaled in any of the four major professional sports.

That said, it would be sweet to get #5 this year. :hat

The Spurs have also been in the NBA for 36 seasons and have made the playoffs 32 times. Additionally, they've never missed the playoffs two years in a row.