PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: I feel bad for D'Antoni, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
04-07-2013, 05:38 PM
The newest reason to blame D'Antoni is Kobe's minutes, which implies the delusion that any Lakers coach(other than Phil Jackson) actually has any control over Kobe:lol..

D'Antoni is getting a career year from Earl Clark, major contributions from an old-ass Jamison, Steve Blake has bounced back from the previous down years, and he has developed the Lakers into a nice offensive team..

You can't blame D'Antoni for Kobe basing his entire game on media narrative and not playing defense..you can't blame him for every player on the roster outside of Howard, Clark and World Peace being horrible on defense..you can't blame him for Howard's inability to make free throws, etc..

lefty
04-07-2013, 05:39 PM
I dont

HarlemHeat37
04-07-2013, 05:41 PM
I don't actually feel bad for athletes/coaches, they are all millionaires, I didn't know what else to write for the thread title, tbh:lol..

baseline bum
04-07-2013, 05:43 PM
What's there to feel bad for? The guy took advantage of a drunken owner and got $12 million for brining his shit system to LA.

Mugen
04-07-2013, 05:47 PM
I'd happily take $12million to have a bunch of illiterate illegals screaming We Want Phil at me every game tbh.

jag
04-07-2013, 05:47 PM
He's been routinely out-coached at every stop he's made. Phoenix, NY and now LA. He'll win you some games, and then a smarter coach will push his shit in once the games become important. That's his destiny. That's what he was born for.

HarlemHeat37
04-07-2013, 05:50 PM
He's been routinely out-coached at every stop he's made. Phoenix, NY and now LA. He'll win you some games, and then a smarter coach will push his shit in once the games become important. That's his destiny. That's what he was born for.

I agree, but that's the case for over 50% of the coaches in the NBA, tbh..

The D'Antoni excuse will be a built-in excuse for Vino, tbh..

jag
04-07-2013, 05:55 PM
The D'Antoni excuse will be a built-in excuse for Vino, tbh..

ElNono
04-07-2013, 05:56 PM
As I said numerous times, only coaches with personality like Phil Jackson or Jerry Sloan can actually rise above Kirby's ego.

But this isn't the first time he shat the bed, tbh... Pringles is still living off the Suns mirage of mid 2000's...

You have to look no further than the Knicks now...

Koolaid_Man
04-07-2013, 05:57 PM
The newest reason to blame D'Antoni is Kobe's minutes, which implies the delusion that any Lakers coach(other than Phil Jackson) actually has any control over Kobe:lol..

D'Antoni is getting a career year from Earl Clark, major contributions from an old-ass Jamison, Steve Blake has bounced back from the previous down years, and he has developed the Lakers into a nice offensive team..

You can't blame D'Antoni for Kobe basing his entire game on media narrative and not playing defense..you can't blame him for every player on the roster outside of Howard, Clark and World Peace being horrible on defense..you can't blame him for Howard's inability to make free throws, etc..

I told you before and I'll say it again...in all sincerity when you go to Europe this summer if you (1) try to get pussy on your own abilities you will fail....miserably...if you (2) mention you're Lebron fan you won't get any pussy..women think he's ugly...if you (3) mention Kobe's name anywhere in Europe the panties will drop for free...Kobe's beloved like a saint throughout Europe...

You will either come back a Kobe fan or with severely chapped hands...:lol

Mugen
04-07-2013, 06:03 PM
As I said numerous times, only coaches with personality like Phil Jackson or Jerry Sloan can actually rise above Kirby's ego.

But this isn't the first time he shat the bed, tbh... Pringles is still living off the Suns mirage of mid 2000's...

You have to look no further than the Knicks now...

Kobe would run Jerry out of town just as easily as Brown/Pringles tbh. I don't even think Phil could reel him in at this point of his career.

midnightpulp
04-07-2013, 06:05 PM
This thread is actually less about D'Antoni and more of an indictment of Kirby's extreme selfishness and manipulative tactics. There's no reason for him to play that many minutes. It's another classic Kobe ruse to shift the attention to himself and receive sole credit should the Lakers make the playoffs. The media will of course praise him for playing so many minutes, all of which were "vital," since the Lakers "can't afford" to be without him on the floor for any amount of time. A great deal of superlative adjectives will be used, like "warrior," "heroic," "drive," etc.

With minutegate, Kobe has ensured he'll receive all of the praise and none of the blame, since, as Harlem said, he's given himself a built-in excuse if the Lakers miss the playoffs. The media will simply absolve his failure by saying he was "worn out."

HI-FI
04-07-2013, 06:13 PM
This thread is actually less about D'Antoni and more of an indictment of Kirby's extreme selfishness and manipulative tactics. There's no reason for him to play that many minutes. It's another classic Kobe ruse to shift the attention to himself and receive sole credit should the Lakers make the playoffs. The media will of course praise him for playing so many minutes, all of which were "vital," since the Lakers "can't afford" to be without him on the floor for any amount of time. A great deal of superlative adjectives will be used, like "warrior," "heroic," "drive," etc.

With minutegate, Kobe has ensured he'll receive all of the praise and none of the blame, since, as Harlem said, he's given himself a built-in excuse if the Lakers miss the playoffs. The media will simply absolve his failure by saying he was "worn out."

this.

Kobe is one of the most manipulative mofos on this earth. I don't feel sorry for D'antoni personally, I just feel sorry that he'll receive the blame when the problems are mainly Kupchak, Kobe and their dumbass owner. I feel sorry for D'antoni like I do for Gasol, Shaq and any other person on that team that was thrown under the bus because of one Rapist's ego. His fans are also at fault for being enablers imo.

fevertrees
04-07-2013, 06:18 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/533811_10151486331051877_1445760608_n.jpg

midnightpulp
04-07-2013, 06:22 PM
this.

Kobe is one of the most manipulative mofos on this earth. I don't feel sorry for D'antoni personally, I just feel sorry that he'll receive the blame when the problems are mainly Kupchak, Kobe and their dumbass owner. I feel sorry for D'antoni like I do for Gasol, Shaq and any other person on that team that was thrown under the bus because of one Rapist's ego. His fans are also at fault for being enablers imo.

I do blame Mike for not giving Ebanks some burn. He's the kind of long, athletic player that typically excels in his system. But I guess it's rather hard for a wing player to get on the court with Kobe hogging all the minutes.

racm
04-07-2013, 06:56 PM
I do blame Mike for not giving Ebanks some burn. He's the kind of long, athletic player that typically excels in his system. But I guess it's rather hard for a wing player to get on the court with Kobe hogging all the minutes.

I'd sooner trust :pop: with Ebanks (who is a dead ringer for Ariza) than another coach.

DAF86
04-07-2013, 06:57 PM
You can blame him for trying to play a style that doesn't fit his team's talents though.

Thebesteva
04-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Lakers are a mess right now. D'antoni was hired after a 30 minute phone call with Jim Buss. That's how fucking retarded JB is. Jerry Buss is in hell right now wondering wtf went wrong with his franchise. Poor guy sold his soul for nothing tbh

UZER
04-07-2013, 07:02 PM
I'd sooner trust :pop: with Ebanks (who is a dead ringer for Ariza) than another coach.

Have to disagree...Ebanks would be playing for the Toros.

UZER
04-07-2013, 07:03 PM

Said this in another thread regarding the same thing...

*Kobe never giving up...if only the other players had Kobes drive*

dude writes his own headlines.

Latarian Milton
04-07-2013, 07:51 PM
there ain't many coaches in NBA who're capable of making kobe do his work. _'antoni doesn't require his guys to play any D and that was maybe the main reason the lakers FO chose to give him the contract. no coach (except phil) could make kobe play D anyways and when your team's #1 refuses to play any D, his teammates will all follow him