PDA

View Full Version : NBA: If there's one thing Spursfan and Mavsfan can agree on...

racm
04-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Would it be that Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki are two of the greatest PFs in the modern era?

:toast

Latarian Milton
04-07-2013, 07:55 PM
there ain't no doubt about it tbh. it's solid truth like "water is wet" or "every bitch is evil & retarded", but not all spurs fans will agree on it imho. they don't believe duncan would've achieved more successes w/ dirk being the #2 banana in place of manu because they think manu > dirk.

spurraider21
04-07-2013, 08:11 PM
there ain't no doubt about it tbh. it's solid truth like "water is wet" or "every bitch is evil & retarded", but not all spurs fans will agree on it imho. they don't believe duncan would've achieved more successes w/ dirk being the #2 banana in place of manu because they think manu > dirk.
the manu > dirk thing is nuts, and all based on hypotheticals. like, "if manu left for another team during his prime he'd be the NBA's leading scorer and mvp candidate." a lot of ifs, without realizing manu was a second/third banana (and a fuckin fantastic one at that) for the spurs during their title runs, while Dirk has put the Mavs on his back and has made them consistent contenders throughout his reign.

i think they're all blinded by Manu's moments of brilliance when he goes full super saiyan. tbh, super saiyan manu > tim lol, but it was never sustained.

I've usually been a KG>Dirk guy, and most people were until 2011 when Dirk went God mode during the playoff/title run. I mean Dirk was always a solid playoff guy, but never at that level. It also helps that KG's decline is much more noticeable than Dirks. Those 3 guys probably made the 2000's the golden decade of power forward play. the 90's had Chuck and Malone, but I think this trio crushes them all. What I love about the Timmy-Dirk thing is the mutual respect they have. Rivalry, but no bad blood between them.

Arcadian
04-07-2013, 08:15 PM

No way, Dirk is way better than Manu. With a lineup of Parker/(any SG)/Bowen/Dirk/Duncan, we would have 5-peated in 2003-07.

adonis827
04-07-2013, 08:36 PM
mavfans would agree that duncan is better than dirk

ezau
04-08-2013, 04:22 AM
Mavs fans should agree that 4>1

Phillip
04-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Duncan > Dirk

but then again, spurs and their fans can't make up their mind whether timmy is a PF or a C. Basically they wanna cry like bitches for him to be a PF or a C depending on what would give him the best chance to start in the all-star game or be on the best all-NBA teams

AaronY
04-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Duncan > Dirk

but then again, spurs and their fans can't make up their mind whether timmy is a PF or a C. Basically they wanna cry like bitches for him to be a PF or a C depending on what would give him the best chance to start in the all-star game or be on the best all-NBA teams
Almost everyone agrees he's been a center since rasho and Mohammed left following the 2006 season.

CitizenDwayne
04-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Duncan>Garnett>Dirk

Phillip
04-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Almost everyone agrees he's been a center since rasho and Mohammed left following the 2006 season.

Then why do all spurfans adamantly claim he is the greatest PF of all time?

Blake
04-08-2013, 10:59 AM

it doesn't matter that Tim handles the opening tip off, leads the team in blocked shots or stands in the center.

6'7" DeJuan Blair was the starting centerPERIOD

AaronY
04-08-2013, 11:05 AM
It's not just Spur fans but yeah, he'll end up playing his 7th season as a center this year versus his first 8 as a pf. And will end his career with more seasons as a center than pf

BatManu20
04-08-2013, 11:59 AM
It's not just Spur fans but yeah, he'll end up playing his 7th season as a center this year versus his first 8 as a pf. And will end his career with more seasons as a center than pf

For 3/4 of this season he's been starting at PF with Splitter at C. Just sayin.

nowhereman523
04-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Garnett? :lol

In his prime, healthy, he didn't even get selected to an all-NBA team in 2006. I'm sorry, but how can you be an all-time great anything if you can't even get selected to the all-NBA third team in your prime? And his biggest perceived strength is his defense. Is his biggest perceived strength so easily nullified that Dirk can put up 33.3/15.7 against him in a playoff sweep?

Duncan >> Dirk/Barkley/Malone > Pettit. KG/McHale/Hayes/Webber are 6-9 somewhere.

AaronY
04-08-2013, 01:02 PM
For 3/4 of this season he's been starting at PF with Splitter at C. Just sayin.
He usually guards the centers and splitter guards the pfs especially any mobile fours. The centers almost always guard him

TDMVPDPOY
04-08-2013, 01:34 PM
lol the idiot who mention garnett

whitemamba
04-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Pau - 2
Dirk -1

SpursBills
04-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Pau - 2
Dirk -1

That's true, but Pau also had a much better supporting cast than Dirk did during those years

td4mvp2k
04-08-2013, 02:14 PM
That's true, but Pau also had a much better supporting cast than Dirk did during those years

:lol couldnt win a game in da POs be4 LA

dirk4mvp
04-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Pau - 2
Dirk -1

Boiled down, motherfucker:

Dirk - 4

Pau - 0

And since it's happened more than once, I'll list it again for you:

Dirk - 4

Pau - 0

Let us proceed...

FkLA
04-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Those 3 guys probably made the 2000's the golden decade of power forward play.

Actually for the early-mid 2000s it was TD and KG in a league of their own. Third was actually Webber before his knees went to shit. People either forget or conveniently overlook this, or maybe are just blinded by Dirks run in 2011. But prior to when he rang Dirk and the Mavs were seen as soft chokers, and rightfully so (Big Daddy Tyson himself actually said this about them Mavs)...KG>Dirk easily.

Phillip
04-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Actually for the early-mid 2000s it was TD and KG in a league of their own. Third was actually Webber before his knees went to shit. People either forget or conveniently overlook this, or maybe are just blinded by Dirks run in 2011. But prior to when he rang Dirk and the Mavs were seen as soft chokers, and rightfully so (Big Daddy Tyson himself actually said this about them Mavs)...KG>Dirk easily.
no one gives a shit about the opinion of a faggot who got kicked out of UTSA for shit grades

monosylab1k
04-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Garnett? :lol

In his prime, healthy, he didn't even get selected to an all-NBA team in 2006. I'm sorry, but how can you be an all-time great anything if you can't even get selected to the all-NBA third team in your prime? And his biggest perceived strength is his defense. Is his biggest perceived strength so easily nullified that Dirk can put up 33.3/15.7 against him in a playoff sweep?

Duncan >> Dirk/Barkley/Malone > Pettit. KG/McHale/Hayes/Webber are 6-9 somewhere.

:cry but Garnett's shit supporting cast is the problem. So bad he could only lead his team to 32 and 33 wins back to back years. He had shit like Mike James surrounding him. And now past his prime Dirk has a quality supporting cast with decent players like Mike James surrounding him and he's only going to lead them to a .500 record :lmao so clearly Garnett rules!

Lincoln
04-08-2013, 02:55 PM

How did a prime KG defensive beast get fucking raped by dirk head to head?

FkLA
04-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Leave it to mavfan to compare KGs casts in Minny to what Dirk has had in Dallas, even what Dirk has this year is better than what KG ever had other than '04. Fucking homers. :lol

Instead of just comparing one similar player why dont you post the entire rosters ?

monosylab1k
04-08-2013, 02:57 PM

:cry his supporting cast :cry it's always his shitty supporting cast :cry

*cough*until you compare him to Duncan then magically supporting cast arguments go out the window*cough*

monosylab1k
04-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Leave it to mavfan to compare KGs casts in Minny to what Dirk has had in Dallas, even what Dirk has this year is better than what KG ever had other than '04. Fucking homers. :lol

Instead of just comparing one similar player why dont you post the entire rosters ?

:cry 37 year old Mike James >>>>>> 30 year old Mike James :cry the shitty fucking supporting cast

FkLA
04-08-2013, 02:59 PM

Dirk is an offensive machine that that would torch the best of them (and then fall flat on his face later on), but that doesnt make him a better basketball player. You can call him the better offensive player if you want and I wont say shit about that.

Samuel Eto'o
04-08-2013, 03:00 PM
I just toured UTSA last week. Its actually a great place. I could see how somehow like FkLA could really benefit from its teachings.

Prime KG
04-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Dirk is an offensive machine that that would torch the best of them (and then fall flat on his face later on), but that doesnt make him a better basketball player. You can call him the better offensive player if you want and I wont say shit about that.

Then why couldn't I dominate Dirk's shitty defense on the other end??? I know, it was that dominating help defense from Nash or LaFrentz!

FkLA
04-08-2013, 03:03 PM
I just toured UTSA last week. Its actually a great place. I could see how somehow like FkLA could really benefit from its teachings.

Dirk is the 5th best PF all-time, maybe 4th. Not my fault just the way shit is tbh.

FkLA
04-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Head to Head:
Dirk (19 wins)-23.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 2.1 apg, 0.8 bpg , 47 FG%
KG (16 wins)-22.7 ppg, 11.9 rpg, 4.5 apg, 1.2 bpg, 52 FG%

But yeah lets cherry pick one playoff series were Wally was his sidekick. Reminds me of how yall homers cherry pick his rpg in the playoffs to argue that hes actually an elite rebounder. :lol

Lincoln
04-08-2013, 03:15 PM
So now regular season means everything over playoffs? Lol

Lincoln
04-08-2013, 03:16 PM
How can you bring up dirk choking in the playoffs when you just disregarded the playoff head to head

Lmao move the goalposts

FkLA
04-08-2013, 03:17 PM
No, those numbers are regular season and playoffs combined. Seems more fair than to just cherry pick a series and use it as your only argument.

Prime KG
04-08-2013, 03:44 PM
How can you bring up dirk choking in the playoffs when you just disregarded the playoff head to head

Lmao move the goalposts

Swap me for Dirk and the Mavs would dominate everybody except San Antonio.

Phillip
04-08-2013, 03:52 PM
But yeah lets cherry pick one playoff series were Wally was his sidekick. Reminds me of how yall homers cherry pick his rpg in the playoffs to argue that hes actually an elite rebounder. :lol

Actually, it's more so the fact that his defensive rebounding % is quite high. The only thing he lacks in is offensive rebounding, mainly because he plays out so much on the perimeter. But its a known fact that he has always been a fantastic defensive rebounder.

DPG21920
04-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Actually, it's more so the fact that his defensive rebounding % is quite high. The only thing he lacks in is offensive rebounding, mainly because he plays out so much on the perimeter. But its a known fact that he has always been a fantastic defensive rebounder.

Fantastic is a bit of hyperbole.

nowhereman523
04-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Garnett's "advantage" is his defense, yet his defense can't and never could do shit against Nowitzki.

:lol being considered a top 5 PF and not even making the all NBA third team in your prime

Prime KG
04-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Garnett's "advantage" is his defense, yet his defense can't and never could do shit against Nowitzki.

:lol being considered a top 5 PF and not even making the all NBA third team in your prime

:cry but my supporting cast sucked! :cry

nowhereman523
04-08-2013, 04:26 PM
No, those numbers are regular season and playoffs combined.

:lol lying about what stats you posted
:lol not including playoff stats but including games from Dirk's rookie year
:lol giving up 37/15/3 and losing at home in game 7 to "the 5th best PF of all time" with no other allstars on his team
:lol being an idiot

monosylab1k
04-08-2013, 04:37 PM
:lol giving up 37/15/3 and losing at home in game 7 to "the 5th best PF of all time" with no other allstars on his team

:lmao i just looked up the stats. Fkla lying his ass off thinking nobody would fact check his bullshit :lmao

Lincoln
04-08-2013, 04:37 PM

:lmao nowhereman goin HAM

Samuel Eto'o
04-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Dirk is the 5th best PF all-time, maybe 4th. Not my fault just the way shit is tbh.

Thats cool. But back to UTSA. While I was touring I noticed they had enrolled a lot of Mexicans such as yourself. But talking to them they actually surprised me with their intelligence. Definitely smarter than the average stereotypical Mexican you see wearing a wet white t-shirt at Six Flags.

Still not as smart as the average white, black, or asian man, but pretty smart. Glad yall found a place to better yourself.

FkLA
04-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Nah, that was an honest mistake wasnt intentional. I just scrolled through the basketball-reference page and saw the playoff games were at the bottom and figured they were included without bothering to make sure. Regardless the numbers wouldnt change dramatically though tbf...since its just a 3 games that were being omitted.

FkLA
04-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Thats cool. But back to UTSA. While I was touring I noticed they had enrolled a lot of Mexicans such as yourself. But talking to them they actually surprised me with their intelligence. Definitely smarter than the average stereotypical Mexican you see wearing a wet white t-shirt at Six Flags.

Still not as smart as the average white, black, or asian man, but pretty smart. Glad yall found a place to better yourself.

the goods !

shaqondudley.gif robinlopez.gif etc etc

Blake
04-08-2013, 05:11 PM
I've heard there is a Taco Cabana on UTSA campus now.

A fine way to bridge the intercultural gap, imo.

Phillip
04-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Fantastic is a bit of hyperbole.

Is it really?

Consider some of the greatest Forwards and Centers to ever play the game. Everyone on this list was generally remembered as a fantastic rebounder, or put up some very good rebounding stats.

Dirk has a career DRB% of 22, 24.6 in the playoffs, and a career of 7 DRPG per 36 minutes, 7.6 in the playoffs.

Dirk - 21.9/24.6, 7/7.6
David Robinson - 23.4/24.3, 7.8/7.6
Charles Barkley - 23.7/25.6, 7.6/8.0
Hakeem Olajuwon - 23.8/22.4, 7.9/7.2
Moses Malone - 23.2/23.8, 7.6/7.5
Larry Bird - 22.4/21.4, 7.5/6.9
Karl Malone - 23.5/23.3, 7.5/7.1
Patrick Ewing - 24.7/25.6, 7.9/7.6
Chris Webber - 20.9/17.9, 6.8/5.9
Shaquille O'Neal - 23.6/23.4, 7.6/7.3
Pau Gasol - 20.1/19.6, 6.4/6.1
Bob McAdoo - 21.8/20.2, 7.7/7.0
Tim Duncan - 26.6/25.7, 8.5/8.1
Kevin Garnett - 25.7/26.2, 8.1/8.1

Of note - Dirk and Charles Barkley are the only players on this list who's numbers increased in the playoffs in both categories, while everyone else had decreases in one or both (except KG who stood pat in DRPG per 36).

Also, Dirk was 5th out of these players in DR% in the playoffs, and tied for 3rd in DRPG-per 36 in the playoffs. There are 14 players listed in total here. Not to shabby.

I'd say its very fair to consider Dirk a fantastic defensive rebounder, especially considering he is a perimeter oriented player, and very rarely played the the C position, while many of these players (aside from Bird and Barkley) frequently played at the C position, or was entirely known as a center.

monosylab1k
04-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Is it really?

Consider some of the greatest Forwards and Centers to ever play the game. Everyone on this list was generally remembered as a fantastic rebounder, or put up some very good rebounding stats.

Dirk has a career DRB% of 22, 24.6 in the playoffs, and a career of 7 DRPG per 36 minutes, 7.6 in the playoffs.

Dirk - 21.9/24.6, 7/7.6

Of note - Dirk and Charles Barkley are the only players on this list who's numbers increased in the playoffs in both categories, while everyone else had decreases in one or both (except KG who stood pat in DRPG per 36).

Also, Dirk was 5th out of these players in DR% in the playoffs, and tied for 3rd in DRPG-per 36 in the playoffs. There are 14 players listed in total here. Not to shabby.

I'd say its very fair to consider Dirk a fantastic defensive rebounder, especially considering he is a perimeter oriented player, and very rarely played the the C position, while many of these players (aside from Bird and Barkley) frequently played at the C position, or was entirely known as a center.

:cry Dirk only got rebounds because his supporting cast was so good :cry

monosylab1k
04-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Regardless the numbers wouldnt change dramatically though tbf...since its just a 3 games that were being omitted.

:lmao except those were three games where Dirk fucking curbstomped KG.

Omit KG's three best games against Dirk too and we'll call it even, oh wait that would ruin your shitty take even further.

BUMP
04-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Third was actually Webber before his knees went to shit.

:lol I don't know where you're going with this one. Webber was better for like 1-2 years in Dirk's early years.

Derrick Coleman was actually better than Tim Duncan until he got old and stuff

KaiRMD1
04-08-2013, 07:22 PM
I don't see anyone better but clearly Duncan > Dirk then it's an open as to whoever is next because nobody comes close to those two

FkLA
04-08-2013, 11:10 PM
:lmao except those were three games where Dirk fucking curbstomped KG.

Omit KG's three best games against Dirk too and we'll call it even, oh wait that would ruin your shitty take even further.

:lol Are gooks stupid? I thought all Asians were supposed to be smart tbh.

Go ahead and omit KGs three best games as well then post the stats, disphit. The averages arent going to drastically change when youre averaging 35 games and only omitting three. KG actually outplayed Dirk in Game 2 of that series btw.

:lol I don't know where you're going with this one. Webber was better for like 1-2 years in Dirk's early years.

Derrick Coleman was actually better than Tim Duncan until he got old and stuff

Well C-Webbs knee gave out in the 2003 playoffs and was never the same, so sure it wasnt very long he was better than Dirk. Pretty sure he was 1st or 2nd team All-NBA the previous five years until that happened though. It wasnt just a case of him suddenly aging, without the injury Dirk wouldve been battling with CWebb for the 3rd spot...KG and TD were in a league of their own tbh.

racm
04-08-2013, 11:16 PM
The thing is that Dirk broke out later after TD and KG had already established themselves.

Timmy was in the playoffs on a 56 win team in his rookie season. Dirk needed to wait and get something going with Nash and Finley before doing stuff, and even then they had the same W-L record as the 2003 Spurs.

FkLA
04-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Is it really?

Dirk - 21.9/24.6, 7/7.6

So are you saying if Dirk wasnt so perimeter oriented he would also be an elite offensive rebounder? Does someone like Chuck, who also spent some time out on the perimeter, have poor stats in offensive rebounding as well (since thats the only reason Dirk isnt a great offensive rebounder right)? Why is a small forward like Bird on this list too and worst of all why does Dirk have a lower defensive rebounding % than him. :lol

racm
04-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Dirk's value wasn't in his rebounding (though tbf he's not Brook Lopez) but in his super efficient shooting.

Barkley was a better rebounder than Timmy despite having the height of a swingman.

FkLA
04-08-2013, 11:25 PM
The thing is that Dirk broke out later after TD and KG had already established themselves.

Timmy was in the playoffs on a 56 win team in his rookie season. Dirk needed to wait and get something going with Nash and Finley before doing stuff, and even then they had the same W-L record as the 2003 Spurs.

Dirk was a twenty point scorer pretty early in his career and they made the playoffs pretty early too. Remember Juwan Howard in 2001? He was regarded as a unique player with a great offensive game, but again noone in their right put them in the same class as KG and TD. CWebb wasnt even with them since he was nowhere the defensive force those two players were. 20 ppg scorers that also happen to be all-time greats on D>great scorers like Dirk. I dont see why its so hard to grasp tbh.

Actually KG had it worse since he never really enjoyed any success with Minny early on, he was just highly regarded because his game spoke for itself.

Dirk's value wasn't in his rebounding (though tbf he's not Brook Lopez) but in his super efficient shooting.

Barkley was a better rebounder than Timmy despite having the height of a swingman.

I agree but these niggas will argue with you till theyre blue in the face that Dirk was an elite rebounder.

racm
04-08-2013, 11:30 PM
KG won a well-deserved MVP when the Wolves found some money to pay vets like Sprewell and ET Cassell.

The rest of his Wolves career the team found itself bogged down by his monster contract and the fact that they forfeited draft picks due to the whole Joe Smith fiasco. Then again those picks were in the late 20s, but had they kept those picks they could have gotten Arenas, Parker or something.

Phillip
04-08-2013, 11:37 PM
So are you saying if Dirk wasnt so perimeter oriented he would also be an elite offensive rebounder? Does someone like Chuck, who also spent some time out on the perimeter, have poor stats in offensive rebounding as well (since thats the only reason Dirk isnt a great offensive rebounder right)? Why is a small forward like Bird on this list too and worst of all why does Dirk have a lower defensive rebounding % than him. :lol

So in other words, you have nothing other than a shitty argument?

What a surprise.

FkLA
04-08-2013, 11:38 PM
Yep. The fact that he didnt have an owner willing to throw money around like Cubes probably didnt help him either.

Dont tell that to these dumb niggas though, KG couldnt make any noise with Minny because he wasnt any good...he needed Pierce, Allen, and Rondo to carry him to a title. Plus Dirk outplayed him 2 out of the 3 games in 2002 so that makes him better!! Who gives a shit if KG is a career 20 ppg scorer who also happens to be one of the best defensive big men of all-time.

FkLA
04-08-2013, 11:38 PM
So in other words, you have nothing other than a shitty argument?

What a surprise.

Answer my questions...

racm
04-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Yep. The fact that he didnt have an owner willing to throw money around like Cubes probably didnt help him either.

Dont tell that to these dumb niggas though, KG couldnt make any noise with Minny because he wasnt any good...he needed Pierce, Allen, and Rondo to carry him to a title. Plus Dirk outplayed him 2 out of the 3 games in 2002 so that makes him better!! Who gives a shit if KG is a career 20 ppg scorer who also happens to be one of the best defensive big men of all-time.

Rondo wasn't THAT important in their title run. Pierce won 24 games the year before too, and the Sonics traded away Allen because they were gonna rebuild (and relocate) anyway.

FkLA
04-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Ill put it like this: Kevin Love or Dwight Howard who do you take ?

KLove is clearly the more potent offensive player but only a retard with take him over Dwight tbh. Love is crazy good rebounder too, imagine if he routinely averaged less than 10 rpg. Not trying to say Love is as good as Dirk or even that Dwight is as good as KG...just using an example of why it makes no sense to take Dirk over a dominant two way player like KG.

FkLA
04-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Rondo wasn't THAT important in their title run. Pierce won 24 games the year before too, and the Sonics traded away Allen because they were gonna rebuild (and relocate) anyway.

My nigga.

racm
04-08-2013, 11:49 PM

KLove is clearly the more potent offensive player but only a retard with take him over Dwight tbh. Love is crazy good rebounder too, imagine if he routinely averaged less than 10 rpg. Not trying to say Love is as good as Dirk or even that Dwight is as good as KG...just using an example of why it makes no sense to take Dirk over a dominant two way player like KG.

Has Love ever HAD a winning season?

Scratch that, when was the last time the Wolves had a winning season? Back when KG won MVP.

FkLA
04-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Im out though. Tired of trying to help retarded homers see the light tbh.

Phillip
04-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Answer my questions...

I saw no questions. I simply saw stupid bullshit, which is the norm for a faggot who got kicked out of UTSA for shit grades.

Phillip
04-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Im out though. Tired of trying to help retarded homers see the light tbh.

Considering its basically the entire forum vs you, perhaps you are the retarded homer here.

FkLA
04-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Has Love ever HAD a winning season?

Scratch that, when was the last time the Wolves had a winning season? Back when KG won MVP.

Assume they both had rings--but the wolves enjoyed more consistency in the playoffs. You would think Love was better bc of it ?

Considering its basically the entire forum vs you, perhaps you are the retarded homer here.

You mean mavfans on this forum ?

monosylab1k
04-09-2013, 12:33 AM

:lmao what is it with you and crazy hypotheticals where you include a bunch of qualifiers to skew things in your favor.

"Imagine Love and Howard being similar players playing the same position except they play on totally different types of teams and magically Kevin Love averages fewer rebounds and is one of the greatest shooters in league history, and blah blah blah"

"Imagine a world where Boris Diaw is better than David Lee, wouldn't you say Diaw > Lee then???

"Imagine a world where people stop using logic and common sense, now don't my arguments make sense!!!!!!"

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-09-2013, 12:36 AM
:lmao what is it with you and crazy hypotheticals where you include a bunch of qualifiers to skew things in your favor.

"Imagine Love and Howard being similar players playing the same position except they play on totally different types of teams"

"Imagine a world where Boris Diaw is better than David Lee, wouldn't you say Diaw > Lee then???

"Imagine a world where people stop using logic and common sense, now don't my arguments make sense!!!!!!"
It's another hypothetical within a hypothetical :lol

FkLA
04-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Yeah you retard, comparing two players (one whos a great offensive player to one who isnt as good offensively but is a beast on defense) is absolutely crazy. I mean its not like thats similar to the KG and Dirk comparison at all. Go ahead and omit KGs three games too so we can see how it destroys my argument.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-09-2013, 12:40 AM

Remember when a certain Spurs fan who's vision is impaired called Dwight Howard a Kevin Love with darker pigmentation :lol

monosylab1k
04-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Yeah you retard, comparing two players (one whos a great offensive player to one who isnt as good offensively but is a beast on defense) is absolutely crazy. I mean its not like thats similar to the KG and Dirk comparison at all. Go ahead and omit KGs three games too so we can see how it destroys my argument.

No i'll just let you hang yourself with another hypothetical.

"What if Russell Westbrook was a 7 foot tall white German, and Shaq was 70 lbs lighter, played PF and made his free throws! Now do you see my point!?!?!"

FkLA
04-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Yeah what I asked is on par with those hypotheticals. Actually how was my inital Love or Dwight question even a hypothetical? :lol

FkLA making another dumbass resort to dumb arguments. I just keep chalking those wins up tbh. :hat

baseline bum
04-09-2013, 02:01 AM
What if Kevin Garnett had 5 rings, 1 NCAA title, was the greatest point guard in league history, and was HIV negative? Then who would you take between he and Dirk? Huh?

Case closed.

FkLA
04-09-2013, 02:04 AM
shut up faggot, you trying too hard with that tbh

baseline bum
04-09-2013, 02:33 AM
LOL Diaw > Lee
LOL wanting to trade Parker for Brandon Rush once you saw the Hill dick pics
LOL posting your personal stash of shemale porn
LOL anchor baby

racm
04-09-2013, 03:32 AM
LOL Diaw > Lee
LOL anchor baby

Was it correlated to his 6'9" wingspan for a 6'2" guard?

Sportstudi
04-09-2013, 09:48 AM
mavfans would agree that duncan is better than dirk

And I have no problem to admit that: Duncan > Dirk.

Phillip
04-09-2013, 09:57 AM
You mean mavfans on this forum ?

I've seen more than plenty of non-spurs fans here argue against you on this, and agree Dirk > Garnett.

I think if we did an honest poll where we excluded GNSF, and had simply brighter minds of ST, the majority would say Dirk > Garnett.

Phillip
04-09-2013, 09:59 AM

One problem.

Kevin Love isn't a great offensive player. He is a great pick-and-roll/pick-and-pop shooter. Does he consistently create his own shot? No. If he could, the Wolves would be a much better team than they are. His inability to create his own shot is a MAJOR downfall for him. I don't ever see teams consistently running double teams at him (or Garnett for that matter), the way teams do against elite players like Dirk, Duncan, and others.

If Love and Garnett could have drawn that kind of attention on a consistent basis, then the Wolves would have had far more success over the past 15 years or so.

Clipper Nation
04-09-2013, 09:59 AM
FkLA's takes are a personal insult to all basketball fans' intelligence, tbh....

Phillip
04-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Does someone like Chuck, who also spent some time out on the perimeter, have poor stats in offensive rebounding as well (since thats the only reason Dirk isnt a great offensive rebounder right)? Why is a small forward like Bird on this list too and worst of all why does Dirk have a lower defensive rebounding % than him. :lol

Wait a sec, I just realize that you said this garbage here...

I agree but these niggas will argue with you till theyre blue in the face that Dirk was an elite rebounder.

Then you agreed with this?

How assbackwards is this? You are going to thrash on Dirk for being lesser of a rebounder than guys who are smaller than him who spent some time on the perimeter, but then agree that a guy who was 6'6, was a better rebounder than Tim Duncan, the greatest PF of all time???

Hmm... so everything is completely straight forward and based on simple stats when it comes to a chance to bash on Dirk, but when it comes to other guys, you can look a little deeper into the matter and realize that straight-forward stats don't mean everything, but rather seeing how people play the game matters more?

lol utsa education
lol flunked out
lol shooting your own dick off and being too stupid to realize it

Phillip
04-09-2013, 10:18 AM
If you want to make some sort of comparison or hypothetical, at least make one that makes a little more sense.

How about Ron Artest vs Tracy McGrady? Maybe not quite a big of names, but similar in their comparisons.

Artest was a well rounded guy who's only thing that held him back from being a superstar was lack of offensive leadership. He could definitely score points, but he wasn't great at creating his own shot and hitting them at a high rate, nor calming down and leading an offense in crunch-time. However, he was a dominant defender and fantastic dirty-work/hustle guy. He irritated opponents to no end and could throw many scorers off their game mentally.

OTOH, we have Tracy McGrady. He was extremely talented, in particular at scoring. However he tended to be lazy on defense and other aspects of the game, even though he was fully capable of doing those other things at least averagely. But his scoring ability was through the roof, defenses had to consistently double him, and he was able to lead teams to the playoffs multiple times. And even though we all know it's bullshit, just for the sake of FKLA's argument, lets throw in the stupid "playoff choker" comparison between Dirk and T-Mac.

Who do you want leading your team?

ffadicted
04-09-2013, 10:23 AM
I love circle jerk threads tbqh

monosylab1k
04-09-2013, 10:59 AM
LOL Diaw > Lee
LOL anchor baby

:lmao

FkLA
04-09-2013, 11:40 AM

lol not knowing what the fuck a hypothetical is
lol stupid gook

FkLA
04-09-2013, 11:45 AM
If you want to make some sort of comparison or hypothetical, at least make one that makes a little more sense.

How about Ron Artest vs Tracy McGrady? Maybe not quite a big of names, but similar in their comparisons.

Artest was a well rounded guy who's only thing that held him back from being a superstar was lack of offensive leadership. He could definitely score points, but he wasn't great at creating his own shot and hitting them at a high rate, nor calming down and leading an offense in crunch-time. However, he was a dominant defender and fantastic dirty-work/hustle guy. He irritated opponents to no end and could throw many scorers off their game mentally.

OTOH, we have Tracy McGrady. He was extremely talented, in particular at scoring. However he tended to be lazy on defense and other aspects of the game, even though he was fully capable of doing those other things at least averagely. But his scoring ability was through the roof, defenses had to consistently double him, and he was able to lead teams to the playoffs multiple times. And even though we all know it's bullshit, just for the sake of FKLA's argument, lets throw in the stupid "playoff choker" comparison between Dirk and T-Mac.

Who do you want leading your team?

:lmao :lmao

Yeah, comparing two wings makes alot more sense. Especially one that routinely averaged 30 ppg to one that rarely broke 20 ppg. Dirk is the better offensive player but you do realize KG wasnt anywhere near as limited as youre trying to make him out to be, right? KG was consistenly at 22-25 ppg, Dirks career high is 26.6. :lol

FkLA
04-09-2013, 12:02 PM
I've seen more than plenty of non-spurs fans here argue against you on this, and agree Dirk > Garnett.

I think if we did an honest poll where we excluded GNSF, and had simply brighter minds of ST, the majority would say Dirk > Garnett.

Dude, do a quick google search. Most people in general wont place Dirk anywhere higher than 4th-5th best PF of all-time.

Phillip
04-09-2013, 12:19 PM
:lmao :lmao

Yeah, comparing two wings makes alot more sense. Especially one that routinely averaged 30 ppg to one that rarely broke 20 ppg. Dirk is the better offensive player but you do realize KG wasnt anywhere near as limited as youre trying to make him out to be, right? KG was consistenly at 22-25 ppg, Dirks career high is 26.6. :lol

missing the point as usual... :rolleyes

T-Mac averaged 5.5ppg higher for his career, while Dirk averaged 3.5 more than Garnett. Not as off base as you suggest. Additionally, T-Mac only his the 30 ppg mark once in his career, not routinely. And PPG isn't a mark of how deadly of an offensive player you are. Kevin Love averaged 26ppg last year. Is he a guy you are going to send lots of defensive double teams after? Hell no. He simply whores the pick game to death. Anyone who knows how to guard a PnR or PnP will shut his ass down.

But how about we swap Artest in this comparison for Shawn Marion? That way the scoring difference is only 3.5 points, just like Dirk's and Garnett's difference. The rebounding difference is more comparable too, as Marion averaged 9.1 for his career as opposed to 5.6 for T-Mac. Marion in a lot of ways is similar to Garnett - strong rebounder, strong defender, extremely versatile, and can score points while not being a dominant offensive threat.

Who do you want leading your team? T-Mac or Marion?

nowhereman523
04-09-2013, 01:57 PM
:lol being an alltime great and missing the all nba third team in your prime
:lol being an alltime great for your defense and giving up 33/16 to your counterpart in a sweep

FkLA
04-09-2013, 05:53 PM
missing the point as usual... :rolleyes

T-Mac averaged 5.5ppg higher for his career, while Dirk averaged 3.5 more than Garnett. Not as off base as you suggest. Additionally, T-Mac only his the 30 ppg mark once in his career, not routinely. And PPG isn't a mark of how deadly of an offensive player you are. Kevin Love averaged 26ppg last year. Is he a guy you are going to send lots of defensive double teams after? Hell no. He simply whores the pick game to death. Anyone who knows how to guard a PnR or PnP will shut his ass down.

But how about we swap Artest in this comparison for Shawn Marion? That way the scoring difference is only 3.5 points, just like Dirk's and Garnett's difference. The rebounding difference is more comparable too, as Marion averaged 9.1 for his career as opposed to 5.6 for T-Mac. Marion in a lot of ways is similar to Garnett - strong rebounder, strong defender, extremely versatile, and can score points while not being a dominant offensive threat.

Who do you want leading your team? T-Mac or Marion?

No dumbass, the gap in offense between a healthy Tmac (since Im assuming thats what youre referring to, and not an entire career Tmac since his numbers dropped drastically after the back problems) and Artest is alot bigger than Dirk and KG. Marion is probably even more retarded. Was Marion capable of creating his own shot and is he considered one of the best defenders of all-time? Cause both of those apply to KG you stupid dipshit.

:lol being an alltime great and missing the all nba third team in your prime
:lol being an alltime great for your defense and giving up 33/16 to your counterpart in a sweep

He didnt magically take a dip the year he missed all-nba, the relationship had grown sour with Minny. If you think he missed the all-nba teams that year because he sucked youre a dummy tbh. He got outplayed 2 games of that series and still put up 24, 19, and 5... not his fault Minny sucked.

nowhereman523
04-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Not being good enough to even make all-nba third team in your prime. Name one other supposed "all-time great" big man that wasn't even awarded a spot as a top 9 F/C in the league for one season in their prime.

FkLA
04-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Yeah that wasnt correlated in any way with the Twolves only winning like 30 games. KG just decided to suck that year and his numbers took a huge dip, right ?

If you wanna play that game though, what kind of 'all-time great' follows up an MVP season with the worst choke of all-time against an 8 seed?

100%duncan
04-09-2013, 09:10 PM
TD>Dirk>KG tbh.

nowhereman523
04-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Yeah that wasnt correlated in any way with the Twolves only winning like 30 games. KG just decided to suck that year and his numbers took a huge dip, right ?

If you wanna play that game though, what kind of 'all-time great' follows up an MVP season with the worst choke of all-time against an 8 seed?

:lol what kind of 'all-time great' follows up an MVP season with missing the playoffs for 3 consecutive years?

:lol thinking making the playoffs as a 1 seed as the only real (non replacement) all-star on your team is somehow worse than missing the playoffs entirely

FkLA
04-09-2013, 09:43 PM

:lol what kind of 'all-time great' follows up an MVP season with missing the playoffs for 3 consecutive years?

:lol thinking making the playoffs as a 1 seed as the only real (non replacement) all-star on your team is somehow worse than missing the playoffs entirely

KG followed up his MVP season with a trip to the WCF. What was Dirks excuse for 2007 ?

monosylab1k
04-09-2013, 09:49 PM

His numbers didn't take a huge dip. Holy hell you're dumb. And yeah, there's a correlation. If he can't lead his admittedly crappy supporting cast to something better than a 30 win season, he clearly isn't that good. Fuck, even Kobe took Smush Parker to the playoffs, and never sucked as bad as fucking 32-50 :lmao

MVP is a regular season award so that's irrelevant to the playoffs. And a few all time greats have choked like that in the playoffs, including one Timothy Cornelius Decimus Maximus Duncan.

monosylab1k
04-09-2013, 09:52 PM
KG followed up his MVP season with no ring. So did Dirk in 2007

Fixed

monosylab1k
04-09-2013, 09:55 PM
The top two PF GOAT's lost to an 8 seed :toast

FkLA
04-09-2013, 09:59 PM
His numbers didn't take a huge dip. Holy hell you're dumb. And yeah, there's a correlation. If he can't lead his admittedly crappy supporting cast to something better than a 30 win season, he clearly isn't that good. Fuck, even Kobe took Smush Parker to the playoffs, and never sucked as bad as fucking 32-50 :lmao

You really are one stupid gook arent you. :lol

Of course his numbers didnt dip, idiot. That was my point--KG didnt magically start sucking and his omission had alot more to do with the poor team record than his individual performance not being on par with other years. Maybe I should start using blue font for your dumbass tbh. For your other point, maybe its the other way around...since he performed at the same high level he did previous years. Maybe the fact that by far Wally and Ricky Davis were his best teammates had more to do with it.

MVP is a regular season award so that's irrelevant to the playoffs. And a few all time greats have choked like that in the playoffs, including one Timothy Cornelius Decimus Maximus Duncan.

When has Timothy choked like that? Especially the same year he won an MVP award. Actually when has anyone choked that bad the same year they won an MVP ?

monosylab1k
04-09-2013, 10:06 PM
You really are one stupid gook arent you. :lol

Of course his numbers didnt dip, idiot. That was my point--KG didnt magically start sucking and his omission had alot more to do with the poor team record than his individual performance not being on par with other years. Maybe I should start using blue font for your dumbass tbh. For your other point, maybe its the other way around...since he performed at the same high level he did previous years. Maybe the fact that by far Wally and Ricky Davis were his best teammates had more to do with it.

When has Timothy choked like that? Especially the same year he won an MVP award. Actually when has anyone choked that bad the same year they won an MVP ?

MVP is a regular season award, your point is irrelevant. Make up a hypothetical where MVP awards have anything to do with the playoffs tbh.

FkLA
04-09-2013, 10:10 PM
When did I say the MVP award took the playoffs into account you dumb gook ?

lol making up shit to draw attention away from your dumb ass

monosylab1k
04-09-2013, 10:39 PM
When did I say the MVP award took the playoffs into account you dumb gook ?

lol making up shit to draw attention away from your dumb ass

You're trying to link the two. There's nothing to link. Maybe if you can hypothetically smuggle one into the other and drop an anchor baby then they will be linked. But so far, nope.

nowhereman523
04-09-2013, 10:41 PM
:lol considering a player an all-time great when he 'led' a team to 30 wins and missed all-nba third team in his prime.

when 3 years of your prime were spent not making the playoffs, you don't have much of an argument to be top 5 anything. He's such a good offensive player he didn't even lead his team in shots. He's such a good defensive player that his counterpart crushed him in the playoffs.

TDfan2007
04-09-2013, 10:48 PM
KG vs. Dirk is arguable. Let's break it down:

Scoring: Dirk. Dirk is/was basically unguardable. Can take you off the dribble, shoot over the top, possible the best faceup game for any big in NBA history. He even learned to start banging in the post once Avery got ahold of him. KG was no slouch as a scorer either, but his lack of a go-to move and tendency to defer/wilt in the 4th quarters of big games costs him major points here. His mid-range game was amazing, could take guys off the dribble, and had a sweet turnaround, but his post game was never as refined as it could have been, and too often he settled for those fadeaway jumpers.

Passing: KG. Garnett is one of the best passing bigs ever. His assist numbers in his prime were gaudy, especially when you consider his less-than-stellar supporting cast. Dirk is an underrated passer, and he eventually became quite adept at kicking it out of a double team, but KG edges him in this category.

Rebounding: KG. Not that close. Not much to argue here either. Neither player is a particularly incredible rebounder, technically speaking, but KG's prime numbers speak for themselves. Dirk always seemed to step up his rebounding in the playoffs, but I think people here forget that KG led the league in rebounding for a few years in his prime

Defense: KG. No explanation necessary. Anyone with eyes who watched NBA basketball for the last 15 or so years should know this.

Intangibles/leadership Wash. Although he behaves like a madman on the court, KG is a fantastic leader who has always been highly revered by his teammates. While Dirk is not quite the leader KG is, he's definitely the guy you want with the ball with the game on the line. Dirk always seems to make the right play in the 4th quarter, and aside from one playoff series, he's shown time and time again that he is willing and able to step up his game and deliver when his team needs it most.

Overall: Both guys have incomplete games to a certain extent, and both were able to win a title by having a player alongside them who covered up their flaws (Tyson to cover Dirk's ass on defense; Pierce and Allen to bail KG out in 4th quarters). KG is the more complete player, but I'm personally going to give the nod to Dirk simply because his type of offensive ability at that size is one in a million. With Dirk all you need is a defensive big next to him and you're instantly a playoff team, but KG requires a go-to scorer on his team, and those guys are much harder to come by. I actually consider KG more like a Pippen type.

Phillip
04-09-2013, 11:21 PM

No dumbass, the gap in offense between a healthy Tmac (since Im assuming thats what youre referring to, and not an entire career Tmac since his numbers dropped drastically after the back problems) and Artest is alot bigger than Dirk and KG. Marion is probably even more retarded. Was Marion capable of creating his own shot and is he considered one of the best defenders of all-time? Cause both of those apply to KG you stupid dipshit.

:lmao thinking KG was ever capable of creating his own shot when it counts

Phillip
04-09-2013, 11:25 PM
KG vs. Dirk is arguable. Let's break it down:

Scoring: Dirk. Dirk is/was basically unguardable. Can take you off the dribble, shoot over the top, possible the best faceup game for any big in NBA history. He even learned to start banging in the post once Avery got ahold of him. KG was no slouch as a scorer either, but his lack of a go-to move and tendency to defer/wilt in the 4th quarters of big games costs him major points here. His mid-range game was amazing, could take guys off the dribble, and had a sweet turnaround, but his post game was never as refined as it could have been, and too often he settled for those fadeaway jumpers.

Passing: KG. Garnett is one of the best passing bigs ever. His assist numbers in his prime were gaudy, especially when you consider his less-than-stellar supporting cast. Dirk is an underrated passer, and he eventually became quite adept at kicking it out of a double team, but KG edges him in this category.

Rebounding: KG. Not that close. Not much to argue here either. Neither player is a particularly incredible rebounder, technically speaking, but KG's prime numbers speak for themselves. Dirk always seemed to step up his rebounding in the playoffs, but I think people here forget that KG led the league in rebounding for a few years in his prime

Defense: KG. No explanation necessary. Anyone with eyes who watched NBA basketball for the last 15 or so years should know this.

Intangibles/leadership Wash. Although he behaves like a madman on the court, KG is a fantastic leader who has always been highly revered by his teammates. While Dirk is not quite the leader KG is, he's definitely the guy you want with the ball with the game on the line. Dirk always seems to make the right play in the 4th quarter, and aside from one playoff series, he's shown time and time again that he is willing and able to step up his game and deliver when his team needs it most.

Overall: Both guys have incomplete games to a certain extent, and both were able to win a title by having a player alongside them who covered up their flaws (Tyson to cover Dirk's ass on defense; Pierce and Allen to bail KG out in 4th quarters). KG is the more complete player, but I'm personally going to give the nod to Dirk simply because his type of offensive ability at that size is one in a million. With Dirk all you need is a defensive big next to him and you're instantly a playoff team, but KG requires a go-to scorer on his team, and those guys are much harder to come by. I actually consider KG more like a Pippen type.

If I wrote a writeup in this style, I think we would have said the same thing on all accounts.

The reason Dirk gets the edge is his rare ability to put teams on his back offensively, especially in the clutch. It's much easier to build around a guy like that, than a guy like KG. You can find defensive stoppers and rebounders littered throughout the league. But there are usually only 3-4 players in the league at any given time that can put a team on their back offensively and lead their team to a championship.

DAF86
04-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Mavfans are some awful fucking homer fagotts with horrible basketball takes.

FkLA
04-10-2013, 12:12 AM
You're trying to link the two. There's nothing to link. Maybe if you can hypothetically smuggle one into the other and drop an anchor baby then they will be linked. But so far, nope.

I never said one is related to the other. Youre just a stupid gook tbh.

:lol considering a player an all-time great when he 'led' a team to 30 wins and missed all-nba third team in his prime.

lol thinking repeating the same shit over and over makes that a valid argument

The funniest thing is prior to 2011, mavfan defended Dirk to death about he hadnt won shit because his casts sucked...Terry wasnt capable of being a #2, etc. He wins one and now all of a sudden they wanna ignore supporting casts. Or if we bring up 2008 theyre quick to bring up the fact that KG had Pierce and Allen, no mention of his casts during his Minny days though. Amazing what homerism can do to people tbh. :lol

He's such a good offensive player he didn't even lead his team in shots. He's such a good defensive player that his counterpart crushed him in the playoffs.

And Dirk called Jet his closer and routinely let him take the big shots. Are you saying because Dirk outplayed him in two playoff games in 2002, KG isnt one of the best defenders of all-time?

Fergie The Florists
04-10-2013, 12:16 AM

D only thing wet is yo mommas smelly pussy bitch nigga.

http://troll.me/images/korean-spongebob/dat-pussy-stank.jpg

FkLA
04-10-2013, 12:25 AM
With Dirk all you need is a defensive big next to him and you're instantly a playoff team, but KG requires a go-to scorer on his team, and those guys are much harder to come by.

This is dishonest. Its alot harder than that. Chandler was arguably the best defensive big that year, so it takes alot more than just any defensive big...in 2011 probably only Dwight couldve matched Chandlers impact. Having other capable defenders around him probably didnt hurt either, since he was the 5th best defender in that starting line-up. Terry played his ass off as a #2 and the shooters got hot. Not to mention The King choking.

Literally everything that needed to go right for the Mavs went right. The likelihood of another run like that even with an elite defensive big still there arent that high. Not because of Dirk but because shooters dont catch lightning in a bottle that easily and The King wasnt going to keep choking forever.

I actually consider KG more like a Pippen type.

KG was the best player in 2008, man. I agree that he isnt as reliable as Dirk in the clutch and that Pierce assumed that role but alot of big man in general have that...Manu closed alot of games out for Timmy. Kobe did the same for Shaq. Doesnt mean the three big men werent the alphas of their respective teams.

DAF86
04-10-2013, 12:28 AM
This is dishonest. Its alot harder than that. Chandler was arguably the best defensive big that year, so it takes alot more than just any defensive big...in 2011 probably only Dwight couldve matched Chandlers impact. Having other capable defenders around him probably didnt hurt either, since he was the 5th best defender in that starting line-up. Terry played his ass off as a #2 and the shooters got hot. Not to mention The King choking.

Literally everything that needed to go right for the Mavs went right. The likelihood of another run like that even with an elite defensive big still there arent that high. Not because of Dirk but because shooters dont catch lightning in a bottle that easily and The King wasnt going to keep choking forever.

Not to mention a career year from Nowitzki.

FkLA
04-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Yep, would definitely be hard for him to repeat that playoff run tbh.

Thread
04-10-2013, 12:39 AM
Yep, would definitely be hard for him to repeat that playoff run tbh.

Especially when Chandler can't carry him being in NYC & all.

Jacob1983
04-10-2013, 01:02 AM
If they had been on the same team, they would have won 4 or 5 championships in row minimum.

Thread
04-10-2013, 01:06 AM
If they had been on the same team, they would have won 4 or 5 championships in row minimum.

[If] [would have]

Crawl, motherfucker. Crawl!!!

nowhereman523
04-10-2013, 08:27 AM
lol thinking repeating the same shit over and over makes that a valid argument

The funniest thing is prior to 2011, mavfan defended Dirk to death about he hadnt won shit because his casts sucked...Terry wasnt capable of being a #2, etc. He wins one and now all of a sudden they wanna ignore supporting casts. Or if we bring up 2008 theyre quick to bring up the fact that KG had Pierce and Allen, no mention of his casts during his Minny days though. Amazing what homerism can do to people tbh. :lol

And Dirk called Jet his closer and routinely let him take the big shots. Are you saying because Dirk outplayed him in two playoff games in 2002, KG isnt one of the best defenders of all-time?

Amazing how you just can't address the simple point. Even an injured & out of shape Dirk made all-nba third team last year (oh, a great game winning layup against Garnett too that year btw), and Kobe made all-nba third team with 34 wins (and missing 16 games). Duncan, Dirk, Barkley, Malone - every year of their prime they were at least relevant. If a player can't even be relevant for three years of your prime, the onus has to fall on the player at some point. Can you name any other NBA player with such a sustained period of immateriality?

The difference is that Dirk didn't have the cast to win it all (not a single other non-injury all-star since before Nash left) - a task that almost always requires a ton of help. It's not that KG didn't have enough help to win a championship, it's that he couldn't even take the players around him into the playoffs once over a three year stretch.

Phillip
04-10-2013, 09:30 AM
not even worth the time anymore

fkla has so many double standards, its hilarious

lets just go with facts, since he is too stupid to understand anything else

dirk put the mavs on his back, and won a championship, and dominated everyone in the process

kg never did that and never even came close to doing anything like that

dirk > kg

hate and whine and bitch all you want, but these are facts, and nothing you say or do can ever change that.

:lobt2:

Thread
04-10-2013, 09:45 AM
dirk put the mavs on his back, and won a championship, and dominated everyone in the process

But, he was sitting on Chandler's shoulders when everybody else got on his back. It was a human totem pole, but, the guy on the bottom was definitely ace of spades in pigment.

Phillip
04-10-2013, 09:49 AM
oh and fwiw, this years Mavs team and the 06-07 T-Wolves team is actually more comparable than faggots like FKLA want to admit

Chris Kaman = Marcus Blount
Vince Carter = Ricky Davis
Darren Collison = Randy Foye
Elton Brand = Craig Smith
Mike James (old) << Mike James (young)
Shawn Marion >> Trenton Hassell
Roddy Beaubois < Troy Hudson

The main difference between the two teams is the Mavs having OJ Mayo. But then again, they didn't have Dirk for half the year either.

I don't deny that this Mavs supporting cast is generally better, but not by nearly as big of a margin as some are saying. KG only getting 32 wins with that squad was absolutely pathetic on his part, especially for a superstar in his prime. And no major injuries to the team either.

Phillip
04-10-2013, 09:50 AM
But, he was sitting on Chandler's shoulders when everybody else got on his back. It was a human totem pole, but, the guy on the bottom was definitely ace of spades in pigment.

lol swept

Thread
04-10-2013, 09:55 AM
lol swept

You've got room.

Phillip
04-10-2013, 09:59 AM
You've got room.

Bend over.

I'll show ya room.

Thread
04-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Bend over.

I'll show ya room.

Ya always have to add "fuckin'" before the last word. Makes it forceful & manly.

FkLA
04-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Amazing how you just can't address the simple point. Even an injured & out of shape Dirk made all-nba third team last year (oh, a great game winning layup against Garnett too that year btw), and Kobe made all-nba third team with 34 wins (and missing 16 games). Duncan, Dirk, Barkley, Malone - every year of their prime they were at least relevant. If a player can't even be relevant for three years of your prime, the onus has to fall on the player at some point. Can you name any other NBA player with such a sustained period of immateriality?

The difference is that Dirk didn't have the cast to win it all (not a single other non-injury all-star since before Nash left) - a task that almost always requires a ton of help. It's not that KG didn't have enough help to win a championship, it's that he couldn't even take the players around him into the playoffs once over a three year stretch.

He missed an all-nba team in 2006, thats it. He still made all-nba the other two years and all-defense all three years. So KG wasnt irrelevant for that three year stretch, the TWolves were. Why would the onus fall on a player who continues to perform at the high level he always has? Maybe if by far his best players werent Wally Sczerbiak and Ricky Davis the team wouldve been better. It probably also didnt help that after failing to keep Casell and Spree content the relationship with Minny soured. Those players you mentioned never missed an all-nba team, because other than Kobe they had never had to deal with the type of shit KG had to work with. Kobe dropped from his usual 1st team all the way to 3rd, again because of the team not because he magically became worse. Thanks for proving my point.

So any shortcomings the Mavs may have had before 2011 fall on Dirks casts. But the Twolves shortcomings fall on KG. Got it, homer.

not even worth the time anymore

fkla has so many double standards, its hilarious

lets just go with facts, since he is too stupid to understand anything else

kg never did that and never even came close to doing anything like that

dirk > kg

hate and whine and bitch all you want, but these are facts, and nothing you say or do can ever change that.

:lobt2:

lol thinking KG is to Marion what Dirk is to prime Tmac

oh and fwiw, this years Mavs team and the 06-07 T-Wolves team is actually more comparable than faggots like FKLA want to admit

Chris Kaman = Marcus Blount
Vince Carter = Ricky Davis
Darren Collison = Randy Foye
Elton Brand = Craig Smith
Mike James (old) << Mike James (young)
Shawn Marion >> Trenton Hassell
Roddy Beaubois < Troy Hudson

The main difference between the two teams is the Mavs having OJ Mayo. But then again, they didn't have Dirk for half the year either.

I don't deny that this Mavs supporting cast is generally better, but not by nearly as big of a margin as some are saying. KG only getting 32 wins with that squad was absolutely pathetic on his part, especially for a superstar in his prime. And no major injuries to the team either.

lol

FkLA
04-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Wait is Philip stretchs troll aka the dumbass who thinks 'Dirk was arguably the 2nd best PF of all-time even before 2011'? :lmao

Phillip
04-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Wait is Philip stretchs troll aka the dumbass who thinks 'Dirk was arguably the 2nd best PF of all-time even before 2011'? :lmao

lol dwight howard = black kevin love

FkLA
04-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Yeah that wasnt me, homer.

Clipper Nation
04-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Wait is FkLA the dumbass who thinks 'Diaw > Lee'? :lmao

Phillip
04-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Yeah that wasnt me, homer.

Wait is FkLA the dumbass who thinks 'Diaw > Lee'? :lmao

Oh that's right, I got them mixed up. Diaw > Lee is even worse :lmao :lmao :lmao

FkLA
04-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Thats pretty much the only bad take youll find in my illustrious ST career tbh. You? Not so much. Nothing beats your take on Roddy either.

Samuel Eto'o
04-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Mavfans are some awful fucking homer fagotts with horrible basketball takes.

:lmao :lmao :lmao holy shit I can feel the anger all the way over here in the country that matters.

Phillip
04-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Thats pretty much the only bad take youll find in my illustrious ST career tbh. You? Not so much. Nothing beats your take on Roddy either.

lol fkla thinking he knows shit about basketball

lol don't know shit about basketball

lol UTSA flunk-out

Thread
04-10-2013, 05:59 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao holy shit I can feel the anger all the way over here in the country that matters.

He's right, Sammy. Your fandom is the weak link on this Board. In fact if your brothers there in San Antonio didn't carry your water you'd be a joke. But, for some reason they help you and keep you upright & safe.

Latarian Milton
04-10-2013, 07:16 PM
the best KG was the one that carried the wolves to the conference finals in 04, other than that year the team had always fluctuated between being first round fodder and lottery pick taker. KG playing as the only superstar on his team wasn't much less pathetic than memphis's pau gasol imho.

Samuel Eto'o
04-10-2013, 07:16 PM
He's right, Sammy. Your fandom is the weak link on this Board. In fact if your brothers there in San Antonio didn't carry your water you'd be a joke. But, for some reason they help you and keep you upright & safe.

Yes, I'll admit, we did handle our championship in a very un-lakerfan way.

FkLA
04-11-2013, 02:54 AM
lol fkla thinking he knows shit about basketball

lol don't know shit about basketball

lol UTSA flunk-out

Whos speed+finishing ability, shot, and athleticism does Roddy have tbh ?