PDA

View Full Version : Jazz: The Jazz have shot 81 less FTs than their opponents over the last 10 games.

midnightpulp
04-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Discuss.

Thebesteva
04-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Since I am your alternative troll account I will comment. I agree with you Midnightpulp, you are quite possibly the greatest poster of all time here in Spurstalk tbh

ElNono
04-07-2013, 09:25 PM
It should go back to normal once they lock up the 8th seed... Probably won't be an issue going into the playoffs...

InRareForm
04-07-2013, 09:27 PM
they won tonight..

moot

racm
04-07-2013, 09:31 PM
7-3 in their past 10, too.

This team is playing in spite of the officiating, unlike... the Spurs :lol

AussieFanKurt
04-07-2013, 09:32 PM
love the WWE

UZER
04-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Lakers have shot 105 more free throws than their opponent in the last ten games, and have shot more in each and every game.

Some of the bigger differences:

33-12
39-22
36-19
28-8

Not sure how much is attributed to intentional fouls on Howard though.

Latarian Milton
04-07-2013, 09:43 PM
stats speak loudest tbh. utah play predominantly through the paint & low-post, naturally such teams are supposed to garner more freebies than jump shooting teams or even teams who play balanced games tbh.

jestersmash
04-07-2013, 09:48 PM
7-3 in their past 10, too.

This team is playing in spite of the officiating, unlike... the Spurs :lol

I actually found the last Spurs/OKC game to be really interesting. The Spurs were playing so poorly that the refs actually gave us a significant FT advantage over OKC just to keep us in the game, IMO.

Had that been a close game where both teams were at full power and playing well, the FT differential probably would've looked quite different.

Especially down the fourth, I saw like 3 plays in a row where OKC was legitimately fouled and the refs didn't call anything, presumably to keep the game close and interesting.

Splits
04-07-2013, 09:56 PM
I actually found the last Spurs/OKC game to be really interesting. The Spurs were playing so poorly that the refs actually gave us a significant FT advantage over OKC just to keep us in the game, IMO.

Had that been a close game where both teams were at full power and playing well, the FT differential probably would've looked quite different.

Especially down the fourth, I saw like 3 plays in a row where OKC was legitimately fouled and the refs didn't call anything, presumably to keep the game close and interesting.

Pretty good/well analysis.

midnightpulp
04-07-2013, 09:57 PM

Also to keep us in the number one seed because the league knows the Spurs are a much better matchup for the Lakers than the Thunder. Hell, the Thunder only shot one more FT at home than the Knicks today.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-07-2013, 10:00 PM
NBEA tbh

King Emmanuel
04-07-2013, 10:33 PM
NBEA tbh

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwyC1ruaKJ_bzLL6x5DxbMe4NYpSwLv _qgPHO4BE-cXSzoQgQ2Lw tbh

noob cake
04-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Welcome to the 8th seed.

When Rockets were the 8th, we got royally screwed in just about every game. There were several threads about it here.

AaronY
04-07-2013, 11:15 PM
It doesn't help that Al Jefferson is their go to scorer and he avoids the stripe like Biedrins. 6'10 280 lb post beast going to the line 2-3 times a game on average

Bynumite
04-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Again we go back to the same old topic, OP and half this forum obviously suffer from brain damage, they continue to watch something they think is rigged and then get all emotional when the NBA follows what spurfans think is the script.

For example, there's no other player in the NBA getting intentionally fouled to the extent that Dwight is, so why do you insist on pointing out the FT disparity between the Lakers and other teams?

Welcome to the 8th seed.

When Rockets were the 8th, we got royally screwed in just about every game. There were several threads about it here.

Are you seriously complaining about the way the refs treated the Rockets when you have Bin Harden on your team? Fuck outta here with that weak shit man.

Chris
04-07-2013, 11:40 PM
In before the "blaming the officiating is for p's & a's"

irishock
04-07-2013, 11:51 PM
blaming the officiating is for

I'm a trend setter.

I shut down when I'm being scavenger hunted.

Danny.Zhu
04-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Add in the Lakers' ft numbers lately and you will have a more complete picture.

midnightpulp
04-08-2013, 12:51 AM
Again we go back to the same old topic, OP and half this forum obviously suffer from brain damage, they continue to watch something they think is rigged and then get all emotional when the NBA follows what spurfans think is the script.

For example, there's no other player in the NBA getting intentionally fouled to the extent that Dwight is, so why do you insist on pointing out the FT disparity between the Lakers and other teams?

Are you seriously complaining about the way the refs treated the Rockets when you have Bin Harden on your team? Fuck outta here with that weak shit man.

The NBA isn't blatantly rigged, like professional wrestling for instance, but you'd have to be brain damaged yourself to think that the Lakers don't enjoy a good amount favorable officiating. Sometimes it's enough to turn a game in their favor. Sometimes not. So there's always a reason to watch, because it's fun watching teams overcome that obstacle and beat down Stern's pet franchise, like today.

noob cake
04-08-2013, 01:33 AM

Not my fault that NBA defenders hack Harden on every drive. The dude HOLDS THE BALL IN FRONT OF HIM WITH ARM STRETCHED OUT. Who else does that in the NBA? NO ONE! All players protect the ball. Harden invites you to hack him.

Fabbs
04-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Nice work mid.

Now with the Golden State attempted riggaroo
18 - 7

92 over 11 games. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-08-2013, 08:42 AM
I actually looked cause a lot of the time people complain about this when a team simply doesn't get to the line much. Prior to this 11 game stretch they basically averaged the same amount of free throws as their opponent (shot 19 more so they averaged a .3 FT advantage per game if my math is right), so an 11 game stretch where they average over an 8 free throw disadvantage would be a pretty big anomaly. This might actually be an instance where using FT differential to judge officiating makes sense, most of the time it's not though.

jag
04-08-2013, 09:02 AM
I actually looked cause a lot of the time people complain about this when a team simply doesn't get to the line much. Prior to this 11 game stretch they basically averaged the same amount of free throws as their opponent (shot 19 more so they averaged a .3 FT advantage per game if my math is right), so an 11 game stretch where they average over an 8 free throw disadvantage would be a pretty big anomaly. This might actually be an instance where using FT differential to judge officiating makes sense, most of the time it's not though.

You and your advanced stats. Get outa here with all that crazy mumbo jumbo.

racm
04-08-2013, 09:39 AM
I don't think FT differential fully captures officiating bias.

You also have to look at 3 second calls, offensive fouls of all sorts (illegal screens and charges drawn), and how quickly the other team got into the bonus.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-08-2013, 10:15 AM
I don't think FT differential fully captures officiating bias.

You also have to look at 3 second calls, offensive fouls of all sorts (illegal screens and charges drawn), and how quickly the other team got into the bonus.

And who gets them. Two quick ticky tack fouls on a team's leading scorer can knock a team out of rhythm from the start and put them in a hole they never really bounce back from.

FWIW I'm surprised their season FT differential isn't much bigger because of two built in factors. Fouling is a dirty word in D'Antoni's SSOL world. Slows the game down. Probably not as much as the TOSB Mamba playing 53 minutes a night, but still. Then you have the Hack-a-Howard issue, where you'd expect even the least foul prone teams to go over their average numbers unless he's having one of those nights where he's looking like Dirk from the line.

Girasuck
04-08-2013, 11:06 AM
6 of the 10 games were at home. So much for that home court advantage we claim to have. Oh well, I guess we'll just deflate the balls a little more.

noob cake
04-08-2013, 06:28 PM
I can't believe I'm cheering for the Jizz over the Lakers.

irishock
04-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Someone post this to RealGM. My account got banned for trolling

noob cake
04-08-2013, 06:50 PM
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1243868

whitemamba
04-08-2013, 07:02 PM
lakers are the worst free throw shooting team in the league, and half of the freethrows are dwights anyway, where he doesnt even make half of them, so sterns "plan" isnt working anyway, OP needs to get the fuck over it

Jacob1983
04-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Damn Mormons. Gotta go to the basket.

Latarian Milton
04-08-2013, 10:33 PM
^ irony is a mavs fan said that tbh :rolleyes:

Danny.Zhu
04-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Just saw BSPN's Playoff promo. You can see Kobe/Howard but not a single Jazz.

racm
04-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Just saw BSPN's Playoff promo. You can see Kobe/Howard but not a single Jazz.

Does the average casual think about Al Jefferson anyway?

I doubt they could name a SINGLE current Jazz player.

Jacob1983
04-09-2013, 12:25 AM
Casual NBA fans suck. Case closed.