PDA

View Full Version : Clippers T.J. Simers goes Eagle, CO

ElNono
04-07-2013, 10:47 PM
And just as I have preached to the guys all year, if you're going to be successful, you have to feast on the really crummy teams to pad your record.

Fortunately, the Clippers got to play the Lakers four times this season, which is like having the Houston Astros on your schedule. And they swept them, of course.

Now I know all about Al Michaels and some kind of hockey event in the Olympics. But anyone can win one game.

Calling it a miracle is probably a bit much. But has there been any bigger miracle in sports than the woebegone Clippers winning their first division title in the very same season the Lakers assembled a dream team and were picked to win it all?

What it's like now for the Lakers to look down that Staples Center hallway and wonder whether they will ever measure up to the best team in town?

But credit goes to the gutty little Lakers for giving it everything they had Sunday, more than 47 minutes from Kobe Bryant to come within 14 points of the Clippers.

Everyone appreciates an underdog giving it his all.

On a bright note, Mike D'Antoni became the first Lakers coach to witness the Clippers' winning a Pacific Division title. The way he has coached this season, it's not really a surprise.

Meeting with the media before the game, which is known now as D'Antoni's comedy hour, he told everyone he has the Lakers ranked as one of the top four teams in the conference.

I remember when he used to say things like that earlier in the season and blamed it on medication he was taking after knee surgery.

He said the same thing after the game, but the Lakers are now 2-12 against the top four in the West, so what a funny guy.

"I truly believe we're as good as anyone on a given night," D'Antoni said. Unfortunately, the NBA asked the Lakers to play in the afternoon against the Clippers.

I'm not sure the Lakers are capable of playing better than they did Sunday, and so I asked D'Antoni, doesn't this prove they aren't as good as the top four in the West?

"You can make that case," said D'Antoni, and I just did. "But we believe in the locker room we can beat anyone."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-lakers-clippers-20130408,0,6468351,full.column

:lmao

racm
04-07-2013, 10:48 PM
:rollin

Splits
04-07-2013, 10:52 PM
It was revealed that Bryant leaned the woman over a chair to have sex with her, which allegedly caused the bleeding. This was the sex act in question, as the accuser claims she told Bryant to stop but he would not, and Bryant claims he stopped after asking if he could ejaculate on her face.

jeebus
04-07-2013, 10:56 PM

Clipper Nation
04-07-2013, 11:22 PM
:lol Simers is a lot funnier when he's bashing the Lakers, tbh...

NRHector
04-07-2013, 11:58 PM

baseline bum
04-08-2013, 12:16 AM
I don't know Nono; seems like the Lakers let TJ spray all on their faces here, so not sure if the Eagle metaphor is completely warranted tbh.

InRareForm
04-08-2013, 12:19 AM
http://fantasyfurnace.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/ept_sports_nba_experts-113929359-1269284965.jpg

AaronY
04-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Would honestly watch these press conferences every day

Pop
04-08-2013, 10:55 AM
That's fucking hilarious tbh.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-08-2013, 10:59 AM
D'Antoni's media sessions are equal parts Nathan Thurm and Baghdad Bob.

Killakobe81
04-08-2013, 01:05 PM
:lol Simers ...

He is a hack, but his crappy article does have the smell of truth to it ...