PDA

View Full Version : Map shows vast maps of ocean are warmer

InRareForm
04-08-2013, 12:16 AM
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=graphic-science-map-shows-vast-regions-ocean-warmer

mouse
04-08-2013, 12:37 AM
Science knows how the the universe came about and when it all happened I'm sure they already knew about this also.

Wild Cobra
04-08-2013, 02:15 AM
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=graphic-science-map-shows-vast-regions-ocean-warmer
Thanks.

Another article that supports what I say about Global warming. Increased CO2 radiative forcing would never cause a change at the 700 meter level, but parts of the visible light spectrum reaches to the depths that mix with those deeper levels.

boutons_deux
04-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Oysters With Herpes: One More Effect of Global Warming

http://sonub.com/data/upload/9/post_4329.jpg

Scientists last month confirmed that oysters, long rumored to be aquatic aphrodisiacs, are contracting herpes, and the disease is killing them in great numbers, National Geographic now reports.

Deadly and incurable, the virus has been ravaging oyster communities near the coast of the U.K., killing off the Pacific variety of the shellfish.

While not contagious to humans and apparently only able to infect the Pacific strain of oysters, the disease now threatens the Pacific oyster industry off the English coast, Treehugger adds.

The cause, according to the National Geographic, could actually be related to global warming. The herpes strain infecting the oysters is only active in waters above a certain temperature, and remains dormant otherwise. As global water temperatures rise, new breeding grounds for the herpes virus appear.

http://www.sonub.com/?module=post&action=view&id=omg&idx=59933&rid=rina31ontue

It's amazing how global warming is going to transform the planet from the stability of the past few 100 years. But, BigCarbon doesn't give a shit, and its shills and dupes right here on ST don't either.
'

DarrinS
04-08-2013, 10:34 AM
[B]Oysters With Herpes: One More Effect of Global Warming

Pretty much any (insert environmental catastrophe du jour) can be blamed on climate change.

P.S. It's not called global warming any more.

mouse
04-08-2013, 10:39 AM
According to the limited thinkers who support Darwin shouldn't the oyster start growing legs and walk to find cooler waters?

boutons_deux
04-08-2013, 10:41 AM
According to the limited thinkers who support Darwin shouldn't the oyster start growing legs and walk to find cooler waters?

give the oysters time, give them time.

Latarian Milton
04-08-2013, 09:03 PM
scientists fart too much which's the main cause to the global warming tbh

Wild Cobra
04-09-2013, 02:22 AM
scientists fart too much which's the main cause to the global warming tbh
Yes, it's all that talking out their ass that the alarmists do.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-09-2013, 02:46 AM
Thanks.

Another article that supports what I say about Global warming. The ocean has a lot of water in it and if you jump into it while tucking your knees under your chin it is called a cannonball.

RandomGuy
04-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Thanks.

Another article that supports what I say about Global warming. Increased CO2 radiative forcing would never cause a change at the 700 meter level, but parts of the visible light spectrum reaches to the depths that mix with those deeper levels.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=warming-ocean-threatens-sea-life

No, it doesn't.

“The more the atmosphere warms up, the more heat it transfers to the ocean,” says Roberto De Almeida, an ocean data engineer at Marinexplore. “That heat propagates downward.”

i.e. thermal convection, not "more light penetrating downwards".

Fail.

Wild Cobra
04-09-2013, 03:15 PM
The quote has no context, too general. The article only agrees the ocean is warming too.

Visible light energy penetrates far deeper than IR does. probably on the order of 10,000 or more. There will be more mixed heating/cooling from changes in solar than from changes in IR at those depths. The physical mixing process is very slow between the surface and depths to 700 meters. The mixing on changes in light energy from say 150 to 200 meters will mix with the 700 meters faster, and more effectively. The IR changes from changes in the greenhouse effect. The emissivity of sea water is above 90%, but varies by wavelength for depth of penetration. The IR heats the uppermost surface and is almost completely re emitted out as IR heat, conduction with the atmosphere, and latent energy as the formation on water vapor. The visible light that penetrates 200 meters cannot change water vapor formation or latent heat. In both cases, convection is small as heat tends to rise.

RandomGuy
04-09-2013, 03:25 PM
The quote has no context, too general. The article only agrees the ocean is warming too.

Visible light energy penetrates far deeper than IR does. probably on the order of 10,000 or more. There will be more mixed heating/cooling from changes in solar than from changes in IR at those depths. The physical mixing process is very slow between the surface and depths to 700 meters. The mixing on changes in light energy from say 150 to 200 meters will mix with the 700 meters faster, and more effectively. The IR changes from changes in the greenhouse effect. The emissivity of sea water is above 90%, but varies by wavelength for depth of penetration. The IR heats the uppermost surface and is almost completely re emitted out as IR heat, conduction with the atmosphere, and latent energy as the formation on water vapor. The visible light that penetrates 200 meters cannot change water vapor formation or latent heat. In both cases, convection is small as heat tends to rise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convective_heat_transfer

Convective heat transfer, often referred to simply as convection, is the transfer of heat from one place to another by the movement of fluids.

More fail.

More relevant vocabulary:

Diffusion

RandomGuy
04-09-2013, 03:26 PM

Further, why should I accept anything you state as factual on this subject without support?

Are you an expert on oceanography?

Wild Cobra
04-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Further, why should I accept anything you state as factual on this subject without support?

Are you an expert on oceanography?
There are some things that are simply obvious. I cannot do the calculations they do from the data I also don't have, but note the article was rather vague.

Can you quantify every trend that is obvious to you?

Wild Cobra
04-09-2013, 04:19 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convective_heat_transfer

More fail.

More relevant vocabulary:

Diffusion
Shit.

I had a reply to this, but must not have hit the "post" button. My response is now hurried.

First, I meant thermal convection. Look up "ocean thermal lag," and advection.

I have stated in the past that I believe the thermal lag takes about 70 years to observe the effects of. I have recently believed that may be as little as 50 years. In each case, I am referring to the significant effects, I will arbitrarily say 90% of it.

Blake
04-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Wild Cobra School of Oceanography

Juggity
04-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Science knows how the the universe came about and when it all happened I'm sure they already knew about this also.

That's not how science works. Science doesn't "know" anything.

Scientists make hypotheses and revise, refute, or accept them by observing or testing relevant phenomena in the universe. They aren't clairvoyants and don't claim to be.

TDMVPDPOY
04-09-2013, 07:12 PM
wheres the graph that shows nobody gives a fuck?

FuzzyLumpkins
04-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Shit.

I had a reply to this, but must not have hit the "post" button. My response is now hurried.

First, I meant thermal convection. Look up "ocean thermal lag," and advection.

I have stated in the past that I believe the thermal lag takes about 70 years to observe the effects of. I have recently believed that may be as little as 50 years. In each case, I am referring to the significant effects, I will arbitrarily say 90% of it.

A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.