PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Sons, Durant's obsession with his stats is out of control...

Clipper Nation
04-08-2013, 05:16 PM
KD tracks his numbers in his head obsessively throughout games, down to turnovers, assists, what he’s shooting from the floor, rebounds and of course, points. I remember a game last season where Durant threw a half-oop, half-shot out of bounds. He came over to the scorekeeper and asked him if he had scored it a turnover or a shot attempt. The scorekeeper said turnover, to which Durant said, “Good, I’d rather have a turnover than a miss.”

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/kevin-durant-selfish-stats-westbrook-thunder/

What a bitch :lol

Thebesteva
04-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Regardless of Durants faggotery, OKC is finals bound IMO. I think Sternie will realize this will be the most enticing finals match up and go for it. He definitely will do everything he can to get SA to miss the Finals since they upset him so much.

I think it's OKC V Miami 2 (not really a bold statement), then Sternie is gonna have to sit down and think about which team he wants to win as he moists his panties in riches.

da_suns_fan
04-08-2013, 05:23 PM
From an advanced stats point-of-view im pretty sure hes incorrect.

A turnover is much more likely to result in a made basket by the opposing team than a missed FGA.

I really dont want to feed the hater flames though.

irishock
04-08-2013, 06:04 PM
:lmao this guy being called the classiest player in the game

BatManu20
04-08-2013, 06:12 PM
http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2012/02/kevin-durant-blake-griffin-dunk.jpg

Killakobe81
04-08-2013, 06:25 PM
All the big stars except Kobe who is points and rings obsessed are stat whores. This shit is not newsworthy ...but I guess some of you thought he was Duncanesque in his mentality. As long as he helps his team win, wgaf?! Most of these cats are feeding in to you stat nerds bullshit if not raw stats.

Killakobe81
04-08-2013, 06:27 PM
All the big stars except Kobe who is points and rings obsessed are stat whores. This shit is not newsworthy ...but I guess some of you thought he was Duncanesque in his mentality. As long as he helps his team win, wgaf?! Most of these cats are feeding in to you stat nerds bullshit if not raw stats.

I bet all u cats that play 2k go for 30 pts if they are close late or whore assists or boards if A trip dub is close.

CitizenDwayne
04-08-2013, 06:28 PM
All the big stars except Kobe who is points and rings obsessed are stat whores.

Points isn't a stat?

irishock
04-08-2013, 06:28 PM
He needs to learn to be Westbrook. DGAF about missing shots

Killakobe81
04-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Points isn't a stat?

Meant advanced stats and fg%
Kobe should care more that is why his fg% is mediocre

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Being conscious of your FG% is a good thing, tbh, it's not harmful stat-padding..

Protecting your FG% leads to better shot selection, which only helps your team..

Stat-padding is bad and harmful in cases like Rondo's, not players that protect their FG%, tbh..

Samuel Eto'o
04-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Meant advanced stats and fg%
Kobe should care more that is why his fg% is mediocre

They don't show advanced stats and fg% on the main page of the sportcenter app.

BobaFett1
04-08-2013, 07:46 PM
I have no issue with KD. The frog is another story.

whitemamba
04-08-2013, 08:00 PM
what if he was joking?

Old Greg
04-08-2013, 08:37 PM
KD will never win a title less it happens by accident.

ambchang
04-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Does he count his fta? He's it to be really good in math to do that.

Latarian Milton
04-08-2013, 10:26 PM
caring about his own stats doesn't make him a fag or anything tbh. dude has realized the team he currently plays on is indeed a shitty franchise so he cannot care less where the team will go. they're probably gonna come out of the west but only to become fodder for us in the finals. dude is ambitious and his goal is to win the championship, which means a bitter defeat in the finals wouldn't make much differene to him than a first round exit imho. westchimp will stay there and earn a kobe-scale contract, while durant will move elsewhere for glories even at a paycut. durant ain't any money whore like most them niggas tbh

racm
04-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Kid just wants to join the 50/40/90 club :cry like his idol Dirk :cry