PDA

View Full Version : NBA: LeBron > MJ? Bitch, please...

DMX7
04-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Bitch, please... He is no MJ.

7WR86xLSITc

hater
04-08-2013, 08:10 PM
I thought this was common knowledge.

While Lebron is the most perfect physical basketball specimen, MJ was the greatest competitor ever. on 5-5 I pick MJ's team over Lebron's team all day everyday

Maybe if Lebron quits basketball, comes back and gets 6 rings in a row, maybe then maybe he can even be in the same conversation

3, 2, 1 before some tool comes in with some #s to say Lebron is better :lmao

Old Greg
04-08-2013, 08:16 PM
OP using vulgar language in thread. Should be banned, imho.

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Lebron forfeited any potential for surpassing Jordan's career by choking in 2011, but his peak is on the same level, tbh..I'd take '91 Jordan over Lebron, but it's close..

BatManu20
04-08-2013, 08:27 PM
http://lmaobruh.s3.amazonaws.com/6931146_1.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4umyik6gl1rxrl6jo1_400.jpg

BatManu20
04-08-2013, 08:30 PM
But in all seriousness Lebron is unbelievable and will be a top 2 player when it's all said and done imo. Yea he choked pretty bad in 2011 but he'll have 3 or 4 rings before he retires to make up for it.

Old Greg
04-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Jordan, Magic and Bird won on their own? That's news to me. LeBron is not better than Jordan but you Jordan dick suckers obviously don't have a clue. Scottie, Rodman etc..

AaronY
04-08-2013, 08:34 PM
One thing we know for sure, they're both better than Kobe..

irishock
04-08-2013, 08:36 PM
ESPN has been hyping this for an entire year.

Old Greg
04-08-2013, 08:38 PM

LeBron is better right now but not career wise.

Captivus
04-08-2013, 08:44 PM
At the end, I think it will be close.
We should be happy to even see a guy that could achieve such feat.

5 Lebron vs 5 Jordan? Thats not the correct question.

spurraider21
04-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Lebron forfeited any potential for surpassing Jordan's career by choking in 2011, but his peak is on the same level, tbh..I'd take '91 Jordan over Lebron, but it's close..

this is the way i see it too :tu

Clipper Nation
04-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Lebron forfeited any potential for surpassing Jordan's career by choking in 2011

Love how people say this as if Jordan didn't have his fair share of early-career chokejobs, tbh....

jermaine
04-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Labrick going to Miami closed that discussion! Bottom line point blank. He's pose to be so great, but have allstars all around him.

Latarian Milton
04-08-2013, 10:00 PM
don't see how leaving a shitty franchise (the cavs) for a winning team hurts bron's legend tbh. shaq played on 6 different teams throughout his career and no one can ever doubt he's one of the greatest of all time. not everyone has the bliss to start his career on a great franchise tbh

mercos
04-09-2013, 12:07 AM
One ring ain't enough to get you into the GOAT discussion. Lebron has the potential to be there when all is said and done though. He's reached the mountain top as the best player in the league right now. Let's see what he does with it the next few years.

lefty
04-09-2013, 12:33 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4umyik6gl1rxrl6jo1_400.jpg
Yeah that's why Magic didnt want to be drafted by the Bulls, but instead by the Lakers

If the Bulls drafted him, he said he would skip the draft

" Because I want to play with the Lakers and play with Kareem so it will be easy to win championships :cry "

Thebesteva
04-09-2013, 12:48 AM
In order to surpass Jordan, you would have to win 7 rings and be undefeated in the Finals. I just can't put anyone who has lost in the finals past him. Lebron will never be close to MJ, shame on you fags for saying he will ever come close. He had to run to South Beach and unite with his rival to win, that shit is pathetic. When all is said and done, MJ will be #1

Jt.ONE
04-09-2013, 11:14 AM
I just can't put anyone who has lost in the finals past him.

Phillip
04-09-2013, 11:22 AM
I just can't put anyone who has lost in the finals past him

retarded

at least lebron never got beat in the 1st round. MJ got beat and swept multiple times in the 1st round alone

mercos
04-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Saying Lebron can not suprass MJ because he lost in the Finals is nonsense. You're telling me if he won 4-6 straight titles, averaged a triple double over an entire season, and won several MVPs in a row he wouldn't be up there with MJ or in front of him? Sounds like blind MJ fanboyism to me. To many people put him on this unattainable pedestal.

2pac > Kobe
04-09-2013, 12:41 PM
if mj and lebron switched bodies lebron would have 9+ rings imo

AaronY
04-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Love how people say this as if Jordan didn't have his fair share of early-career chokejobs, tbh....
Lol please list these... He never lost a series with hca and/or never had anything as close to as bad of a series as Lebron had in the 2011 NBA Finals.

Koolaid_Man
04-09-2013, 01:52 PM

According to MJ himself...: "Kobe is the only player worthy of comparison to me" - MJ

end of story :toast

Clipper Nation
04-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Lol please list these... He never lost a series with hca and/or never had anything as close to as bad of a series as Lebron had in the 2011 NBA Finals.
Jordan choked against the Magic in '95, lost in the first round multiple times, and it took him years to get past Boston and Detroit.... if the media in the '80s and early '90s was anything like today's era, he'd have been written off as a playoff choker long before 1991, tbh....

Don't get me wrong, he's still the GOAT, but his career has grown into an outright myth.... people act like he never lost in the playoffs, tbh....

Phillip
04-09-2013, 02:05 PM
According to MJ himself...: "Kobe is the only player worthy of comparison to me" - MJ

this is the truth simply because Lebron doesn't play anything like MJ, while kobe was obsessed with playing and acting exactly like MJ

Phillip
04-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Jordan choked against the Magic in '95, lost in the first round multiple times, and it took him years to get past Boston and Detroit.... if the media in the '80s and early '90s was anything like today's era, he'd have been written off as a playoff choker long before 1991, tbh....

Don't get me wrong, he's still the GOAT, but his career has grown into an outright myth.... people act like he never lost in the playoffs, tbh....

Jordan's success in the 90s is the reason today's media is the way it is. everyone wants to compare people to MJ, instead of letting them build their own legacy. Prior to MJ, there was no player quite like him, to have such an incredible combination of size, athleticism, and skills. But over the past 20 years, the league has been littered with them, in VC, T-Mac, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Grant Hill, etc...

The difference between all these guys and MJ, is their mental approach to the game. Kobe is the only one of the bunch who came close to having MJs approach, while Lebron has more of Magic Johnson's approach, which is arguably the best approach for a player to have. In fact, once MJ started adopting Magic's approach a bit more into his game, that is when the Bulls started winning titles.

Koolaid_Man
04-09-2013, 02:40 PM
this is the truth simply because Lebron doesn't play anything like MJ, while kobe was obsessed with playing and acting exactly like MJ

it's true because game recognizes game...(kwame not-with-standing) MJ knows Kobe is a real nigga just like him and that's why over the years he's never wavered or changed his mind on who he's pick a prime Kobe or prime Lebron and MJ always says Kobe...

I have a new found respect for MJ because of it...especially since Kobe is the closet threat to his legacy with 5 rings...MJ has a lot of love for Mamba especially since they played against and befriended each other....

Phillip
04-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Actually, IIRC he wasn't talking about primes as opposed to careers when he said that quote. That's why he said it boiled down to the ring argument. More interesting is that he said it was a very tough call. So if Lebron only has 1, and Kobe has 5, yet it is still a very tough call, then obviously he sees more greatness in Lebron than you and other faggots want to acknowledge. I'm pretty sure if Lebron gets more rings (which he will), he will adamantly say Lebron, as opposed to struggling to say Kobe like he did.

Koolaid_Man
04-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Actually, IIRC he wasn't talking about primes as opposed to careers when he said that quote. That's why he said it boiled down to the ring argument. More interesting is that he said it was a very tough call. So if Lebron only has 1, and Kobe has 5, yet it is still a very tough call, then obviously he sees more greatness in Lebron than you and other faggots want to acknowledge. I'm pretty sure if Lebron gets more rings (which he will), he will adamantly say Lebron, as opposed to struggling to say Kobe like he did.

naaah more like he didn't want to hurt Lebron's already damaged ego...he's consistently said over the years (NOT ONCE, but on at least 3-4 separate occasions) he'd pick Kobe over Lebron...and now that Kobe is advanced in age basketball wise he didn't want to make it seem so obvious that he still prefers Kobe or was pandering so he went with the ring smack since he still prefers Kobe... Larry Bird said the same thing..he'd rather have Kobe as a teammate than Lebron...Magic always said Kobe up until he started pandering for ESPN and when Kobe called that ref a faggot Magic then switched to Lebron...but for my money I'd rather have MJ, Bird, Kareem, Dirk, and even ironically Wade :lol in my corner than Barkley and Magic

AaronY
04-09-2013, 03:07 PM

Jordan still put up good numbers...teams were never able to shut him down like in the 2007 Finals (22ppg on 34% (!) shooting) no matter how shitty his teammates werehis team may have gotten blown out but he still went off a couple of times even in the Magic series Jordan still put up good numbers (31 ppg on 47.6 fg%) same thing with the series againts Boston and Detroit. He never had series as bad as Lebron's 2007 and 2011 NBA Finals. Plus Jordan lost in the first round to the 1986 and 1987 Boston Celtics; Lebron only made it out of the first round because he was playing the Wizards

Jordan's worst playoff series might the 1993 ECF against the Knicks he had a ton of awful shooting games that series he still had a signature game though, in game 4...54 points, scored 26 consecutive from the middle of the third till like 3 minutes left in the game. Lebron had four bad to at best mediocre games in 2007 and was a bystander in game 5 2011. There were times when I literally forgot Lebron was on the court versus the Mavs he was so invisible something like that never happened with Jordan He just shrank from the moment in 2011, Jordan never did that

Phillip
04-09-2013, 03:11 PM
naaah more like he didn't want to hurt Lebron's already damaged ego...he's consistently said over the years (NOT ONCE, but on at least 3-4 separate occasions) he'd pick Kobe over Lebron...and now that Kobe is advanced in age basketball wise he didn't want to make it seem so obvious that he still prefers Kobe or was pandering so he went with the ring smack since he still prefers Kobe... Larry Bird said the same thing..he'd rather have Kobe as a teammate than Lebron...Magic always said Kobe up until he started pandering for ESPN and when Kobe called that ref a faggot Magic then switched to Lebron...but for my money I'd rather have MJ, Bird, Kareem, Dirk, and even ironically Wade :lol in my corner than Barkley and Magic

yawn

scary thing is, Lebron is just starting to hit his prime.

when is coming towards the end of his career, and people still say Kobe > Lebron, then you have a legit point. but by the fact that many people out there are adamant that Lebron > Kobe, and the number is growing rapidly, I'd say you should live it up right now, because your little golden age isnt going to last much longer. Kobe is about to be an afterthought, you know it, kobe knobslobbers know it, laker fans know it, and even Kobe knows it, which is why he is going to retire earlier than he has to, so that people see him go out before he is all washed up.

lol kobe

Clipper Nation
04-09-2013, 03:13 PM
:lol "Shrinking from the moment"... that's just lazy, ESPN-esque cliche "analysis," tbh.... I'll never understand it, considering he had already been to the Finals before that year and had been clutch in the playoffs numerous times, so I don't see which "moment" he'd be "shrinking from"...

He had one bad series, it happens - and quite frankly, having a bad Finals is preferable to getting owned multiple times in the first round like MJ did... not to mention, they wouldn't have even made the Finals that year if not for LeBron's heroics against the Celtics and Bulls, tbh....

Phillip
04-09-2013, 03:39 PM
:lol "Shrinking from the moment"... that's just lazy, ESPN-esque cliche "analysis," tbh.... I'll never understand it, considering he had already been to the Finals before that year and had been clutch in the playoffs numerous times, so I don't see which "moment" he'd be "shrinking from"...

He had one bad series, it happens - and quite frankly, having a bad Finals is preferable to getting owned multiple times in the first round like MJ did... not to mention, they wouldn't have even made the Finals that year if not for LeBron's heroics against the Celtics and Bulls, tbh....

:toast

AaronY
04-09-2013, 03:41 PM

He completely disappeared in game five he was deferring to Eddie House he looked scared.., guy I was watching the game with kept remarking that he forgot Lebron was in the game a couple of times that's how much of a non factor he was.

Baseline
04-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Jordan was 6-0 in Finals. Duncan is 4-0 in Finals. To me, these are the crucial stats. I think LeBron will end up being a Top 3 all-time player, perhaps Top 2. But by virtue of losing the Finals to that crappy Mavs squad, I don't see LeBron surpassing Jordan. And anybody who puts K. Bryant anywhere near an "all-time greatest" discussion is a total idiot. Bryant gravy-trained Shaquille to three titles, then lost to a mediocre Detroit squad in the Finals because he was shooting too many bad shots. Bryant also lost to a Celtics squad in the Finals. In the Finals when they defeated Boston, Bryant went 6-24 in a Game 7 where he was bailed out by Pau Gasol. And Ron Artest had 20 points in that Game 7, so one could safely say that Bryant was bailed out by Ron Artest. Those words do not add up to "greatest ever."

Killakobe81
04-09-2013, 03:47 PM
MJ does not have a similar choke on his resume andi doubt LBJ catches himm but to say not still possible is crazy needs at least 5 rings to make it close ...

Killakobe81
04-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Jordan was 6-0 in Finals. Duncan is 4-0 in Finals. To me, these are the crucial stats. I think LeBron will end up being a Top 3 all-time player, perhaps Top 2. But by virtue of losing the Finals to that crappy Mavs squad, I don't see LeBron surpassing Jordan. And anybody who puts K. Bryant anywhere near an "all-time greatest" discussion is a total idiot. Bryant gravy-trained Shaquille to three titles, then lost to a mediocre Detroit squad in the Finals because he was shooting too many bad shots. Bryant also lost to a Celtics squad in the Finals. In the Finals when they defeated Boston, Bryant went 6-24 in a Game 7 where he was bailed out by Pau Gasol. And Ron Artest had 20 points in that Game 7, so one could safely say that Bryant was bailed out by Ron Artest. Those words do not add up to "greatest ever."

Though u go 2 far Kobe is not a Goat candidate ...agreed. but neither is Timmy

Clipper Nation
04-09-2013, 03:55 PM
He completely disappeared in game five he was deferring to Eddie House he looked scared.., guy I was watching the game with kept remarking that he forgot Lebron was in the game a couple of times that's how much of a non factor he was.
:lol "He looked scared".... what, are you a sports psychologist?

Your shitful, generic takes in this thread just further my case for statistical analysis over your "eye test," btw....

Killakobe81
04-09-2013, 03:57 PM

Hate to admit but CN brings up some great points, MJ is romanticized (bird and Magic also to alessor extent)
MJ stll better than Bron but those acting like MJ shit never stank need to check their facts. I'll say this Jordan's best is greater than James's best and his worst not as shifty ...but LeBron is stringing together some MJ like seasons of elite play and may not need time off to do it, imagine if LeBron won 4 or 5 straight ..he would have strong case ...ggy

Phillip
04-09-2013, 04:00 PM

He had a triple double in game 5 if I recall.

Again, although Lebron could have played better, people are forgetting the fact that the Mavs team defense was entirely focused on shutting him down, and making Wade beat them by going one-on-one with Marion, Stevenson, and Kidd over and over.

Every time he would put the ball on the floor, he would be swarmed with 2-3 defenders immediately. Not much you can do about that other than pass to your teammates, and hope they can create with all the extra space they have. Unfortunately for them, they weren't able to. Wade had a nice series, but everyone else was very streaky, to the point that the Mavs could continue getting away with the excessive amount of attention they paid Lebron. Had Bosh and others stepped up and been more of a threat offensively, Lebron probably ends up getting less defensive attention, has a better series, and they probably beat Dallas.

In a lot of ways, it was reminiscient of the Mavs/GS series in 07, where GS was entirely focused on shutting Dirk down, and making everyone else beat them. Unfortunately for the Mavs, Terry, Stackhouse, and Howard proved that they could not consistently score in one-on-one situations against their superior athletes. Had they shown an ability to score more efficiently, Dirk would have gotten more space to work with and likely had a better series, probably beating GS.

Teams couldn't do that to MJ during his championship run, because he had other guys who would consistently make buckets if you left them open and unattended, like Scottie, Kukoc, Paxson, Armstrong, Kerr, Grant, Cartwright, and Longley. However, people forget some of the series he had earlier in his career where defense were able to do that, because his teammates weren't able to step up like he needed them to, and he had several less than stellar performances himself, especially against the Pistons in 3 straight years where while he scored a lot of points, they came incredibly inefficiently as his %'s were noticeably lower than his usual average, in fact quite bad for the era he was playing in, and he was putting up those bad %'s with a LOT of shot attempts (usually 22-27, not including FTAs). Those poor series of his just get overlooked because of that ridiculous run of 6 championships. Point is, you need consistent help and performance from your teammates in order to win championships, especially when facing elite defenses in the playoffs.

Killakobe81
04-09-2013, 04:00 PM

Your shitful, generic takes in this thread just further my case for statistical analysis over your "eye test," btw....

Come on CN I back your insight earlier but if James is a great as we both say we can't excuse how he finished those Finals that was more like Kobe in 2008 than MJ in 92

Phillip
04-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Hate to admit but CN brings up some great points, MJ is romanticized (bird and Magic also to alessor extent)
MJ stll better than Bron but those acting like MJ shit never stank need to check their facts. I'll say this Jordan's best is greater than James's best and his worst not as shifty ...but LeBron is stringing together some MJ like seasons of elite play and may not need time off to do it, imagine if LeBron won 4 or 5 straight ..he would have strong case ...ggy

This.

MJ was awesome, and the best ever, but people who think he was flawless need to check their facts first. He had PLENTY of massive failures, and had flaws in his game/skillset.

lefty
04-09-2013, 04:03 PM
This.

MJ was awesome, and the best ever, but people who think he was flawless need to check their facts first. He had PLENTY of massive failures, and had flaws in his game/skillset.
such as

hater
04-09-2013, 04:04 PM
This.

:lmao

Killakobe81
04-09-2013, 04:06 PM
He had a triple double in game 5 if I recall.

Again, although Lebron could have played better, people are forgetting the fact that the Mavs team defense was entirely focused on shutting him down, and making Wade beat them by going one-on-one with Marion, Stevenson, and Kidd over and over.

Every time he would put the ball on the floor, he would be swarmed with 2-3 defenders immediately. Not much you can do about that other than pass to your teammates, and hope they can create with all the extra space they have. Unfortunately for them, they weren't able to. Wade had a nice series, but everyone else was very streaky, to the point that the Mavs could continue getting away with the excessive amount of attention they paid Lebron. Had Bosh and others stepped up and been more of a threat offensively, Lebron probably ends up getting less defensive attention, has a better series, and they probably beat Dallas.

In a lot of ways, it was reminiscient of the Mavs/GS series in 07, where GS was entirely focused on shutting Dirk down, and making everyone else beat them. Unfortunately for the Mavs, Terry, Stackhouse, and Howard proved that they could not consistently score in one-on-one situations against their superior athletes. Had they shown an ability to score more efficiently, Dirk would have gotten more space to work with and likely had a better series, probably beating GS.

Teams couldn't do that to MJ, because he had other guys who would consistently make buckets if you left them open and unattended, like Scottie, Kukoc, Paxson, Armstrong, Kerr, Grant, Cartwright, and Longley. However, people forget some of the series he had earlier in his career where defense were able to do that, because his teammates weren't able to step up like he needed them to, and he had several less than stellar performances himself, especially against the Pistons in 3 straight years where while he scored a lot of points, they came incredibly inefficiently as his %'s were noticeably lower than his usual average, in fact quite bad for the era he was playing in, and he was putting up those bad %'s with a LOT of shot attempts (usually 22-27, not including FTAs). Those poor series of his just get overlooked because of that ridiculous run of 6 championships. Point is, you need consistent help and performance from your teammates in order to win championships, especially when facing elite defenses in the playoffs.

Great stuff I also don't get why people acting like Mavs were a shite team, with Dirk healthy there record that year projects even higher. And they got career years from every key starter except Marion and Kidd who were never better on defense and a Birdesque shooting year from Dirk ...

But I was at a game at the AAC were Marion threw a hook/flip shot over James called him a bitch and James did not respond ...would tha happen to MJ? Would that even happen again to LeBron? He failed ...at least now he is making up for it

Clipper Nation
04-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Come on CN I back your insight earlier but if James is a great as we both say we can't excuse how he finished those Finals that was more like Kobe in 2008 than MJ in 92
I did say he had a bad series, but that had a lot to do with the Mavs' defense, tbh.... I don't think anyone was beating the Mavs that year anyway...

Phillip
04-09-2013, 04:08 PM
such as

He was always a streaky long-distance shooter (in fact horrible early in his career), he had issues with trusting teammates which ended up costing the team often, even in the playoffs at times. His ball handling could have been better as well. He generally was too quick for his opponents, but when matched up with a elite athlete, he struggled a bit more, and could get ripped fairly easily with well timed team defense.

I'm not saying he has a ton of flaws, but he wasn't without weaknesses either. Working on those flaws and keeping them to a minimum is what helped him grow to a point of winning championships, but none of those things were ever really a strength of his at any time.

Killakobe81
04-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Bosh played well vs Mavs in 2011 wade and LeBron were up and down as were the role players

Phillip
04-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Great stuff I also don't get why people acting like Mavs were a shite team, with Dirk healthy there record that year projects even higher. And they got career years from every key starter except Marion and Kidd who were never better on defense and a Birdesque shooting year from Dirk ...

Yep, that was a lethal team. With Dirk and Caron not having their major injuries, the Mavs win probably well over 60 games. They were off to a great start, and it all went to hell when those guys got hurt, and was even worse when Carlisle was trying to incorporate Roddy in and messinge the rotation up. Starting Stevenson was working great, I never quite understood why they tried starting Roddy. I feel that cost them a couple games too. The fact that they still won 57 games despite so much crap happening through their season, was quite impressive.

Killakobe81
04-09-2013, 04:14 PM
I'm not going as far as taking shots at Mjs game ... Just saying he ain't perfect. Dude had good footwork, wiry strong amazing hops and hands. Like Kobe he struggled to integrate and get along with team-mates ...Kerr wasn't the only one he punched but Phil taught him same as Shaq and,Kobe afterwards how to win. MJ probably still rings a few times minus Phil but no way he gets 6. And Spo is no Pjax either

Phillip
04-09-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm not going as far as taking shots at Mjs game ... Just saying he ain't perfect. Dude had good footwork, wiry strong amazing hops and hands. Like Kobe he struggled to integrate and get along with team-mates ...Kerr wasn't the only one he punched but Phil taught him same as Shaq and,Kobe afterwards how to win. MJ probably still rings a few times minus Phil but no way he gets 6. And Spo is no Pjax either

:tu

hater
04-09-2013, 04:21 PM
you mofos seriously comparing Kobe's cancerous relations with Shaq to MJ's relations with Kerr???

:lmao :lmao

the 2 are not even in the same planet when it comes to leading a team

hitmanyr2k
04-09-2013, 05:27 PM

Cmon, we all saw Lebron was scared. It wasn't just having a bad series. It was a player that was supposed to be at his peak pulling a disappearing act. Two things did Lebron in that series. First was the choke of Game 2 where the Heat thought they had it in the bag and Lebron figured he'd start stat-padding a bit. He dominated the ball, missed those shots and he never mentally recovered when the Mavs came back and won. The 2nd thing was Wade undressing him late in Game 3 where Lebron wanted no part of the ball in the final minutes. Lebron constantly had one on one coverage and he sat on the perimeter and swung the ball like he was 2006 Kobe in Game 7. The final straw was Lebron swinging the ball to Chalmers in the corner and backing away. Chalmers got trapped and Lebron didn't even come back to the ball to help him. Chalmers turned it over and Wade snapped on Lebron and scolded him like a child. Then came Game 4, eight fuckin points in a Finals game with Shawn Marion calling him a bitch in the same game? Jordan scores 8 points blind-folded :lol and he'd make Shawn Marion eat that ball if he ever dared called him a bitch. Marion saw the fear in Lebron that we all did in that series which is why he had no trouble disrespecting him.

hater
04-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Cmon, we all saw Lebron was scared. It wasn't just having a bad series. It was a player that was supposed to be at his peak pulling a disappearing act. Two things did Lebron in that series. First was the choke of Game 2 where the Heat thought they had it in the bag and Lebron figured he'd start stat-padding a bit. He dominated the ball, missed those shots and he never mentally recovered when the Mavs came back and won. The 2nd thing was Wade undressing him late in Game 3 where Lebron wanted no part of the ball in the final minutes. Lebron constantly had one on one coverage and he sat on the perimeter and swung the ball like he was 2006 Kobe in Game 7. The final straw was Lebron swinging the ball to Chalmers in the corner and backing away. Chalmers got trapped and Lebron didn't even come back to the ball to help him. Chalmers turned it over and Wade snapped on Lebron and scolded him like a child. Then came Game 4, eight fuckin points in a Finals game with Shawn Marion calling him a bitch in the same game? Jordan scores 8 points blind-folded :lol and he'd make Shawn Marion eat that ball if he ever dared called him a bitch. Marion saw the fear in Lebron that we all did in that series which is why he had no trouble disrespecting him.

http://bpp.org.uk/atombomb.gif

AaronY
04-09-2013, 06:07 PM

Lol you literally have no clue what youre talking about. He had 8 points and 5 turnovers, 3-11 shooting, single figures in every caregory fucking retard

AaronY
04-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Hey CN what advanced stat did Lebron do good in that game?

With his 8 point, 5 to, 27% fg shooting triple single performance?

AaronY
04-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Lol come in here and eat this shit faggot

AaronY
04-09-2013, 06:15 PM
So to summarize; he failed the "eye test", the "box score test", and the "advanced stats test". All in the same game but somehow on some kind of deeper level of understanding that's beyond us all... He did well

Koolaid_Man
04-09-2013, 06:27 PM

Bron has to be Kobe before he can ever think about being MJ...the fat white balding guys media, and the analysts with no rings will fellate Lebron but MJ has already spoken...

It's simple for me...here are the equations there's no room for alternatives:

Boxing- Ali was the greatest Tyson was the 2nd coming

Basketball - MJ was the greatest Kobe was the 2nd coming

Music - Michael Jackson was the greatest Usher is the 2nd coming

Kori Ellis - Timvp was the greatest Kool is the 2nd cumming

Thread
04-09-2013, 06:37 PM
He's at the precipice...similarly where MJ once perched. MJ went on to the end straight & narrow, save the bend in the road when he got suspended and his Dad got murdered thru the same misdeed. James could be retarded, hence his path would be compromised.

Koolaid_Man
04-09-2013, 06:44 PM
He's at the precipice...similarly where MJ once perched. MJ went on to the end straight & narrow, save the bend in the road when he got suspended and his Dad got murdered thru the same misdeed. James could be retarded, hence his path would be compromised.

^ Could????

how does the best player on the planet go to London and get rejected by a fellow white female star? He asked to take her for dinner and she said no and then went on to twitter to brag about it....while Kobe taking half naked pictures in his hotel room with 2 nice white bitches...

That nigga James is retarded...:lol that shit never happened to MJ and never happened to Kobe

AaronY
04-09-2013, 06:46 PM
That was actually game 4 where he put up the triple single in 46 minutes if court time, my bad

Clipper Nation
04-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Lol you literally have no clue what youre talking about. He had 8 points and 5 turnovers, 3-11 shooting, single figures in every caregory fucking retard
Did I not say he had a bad series? The difference is, only dumbasses think it was because of stupid shit like "he looked scared," as if you have any clue of what he was thinking during the games...

Killakobe81
04-09-2013, 08:43 PM
you mofos seriously comparing Kobe's cancerous relations with Shaq to MJ's relations with Kerr???

:lmao :lmao

the 2 are not even in the same planet when it comes to leading a team

Missed the point wasnt that MJ s flaws are as bad as LeBron or Kobes just that he had them which u just admitted

irishock
04-09-2013, 08:46 PM
38 year old JKidd shut down LeBron in crunch time, tbh..

100%duncan
04-09-2013, 09:12 PM
I agree with Harlem bout det choking tbh. MJ>LBJ but when Bron retires he'll prolly end up the 2nd greatest of all time. Dude's a fuckin beast.

HarlemHeat37
04-09-2013, 09:36 PM
The NBA's media coverage has changed dramatically, tbh..

Everybody is obsessed with ring totals nowadays, ignoring the circumstances and overall process in winning those titles, tbh..

When Lebron is mentioned in the same conversation as Jordan, total number of rings is largely irrelevant, as the argument is centered around peak play, not career accolades..

Consistency and longevity is nice on your resume, but peak performance is an entirely separate argument..

Lebron choked in 2011, even as a fanboy, I can't defend his performance, he was very poor..it's irrelevant in the peak discussion though, as the argument is 2012 and 2013 Lebron vs. 1991 to 1993 Jordan..I'd take '91 Jordan, but it's close..Lebron has more responsibility than Jordan ever had on his team, tbh..

Also, unlike the selfish basketball we've seen throughout the 90s and 2000s, Lebron plays team basketball, he has rejuvenated 80s style of the game..

Deuce Bigalow
04-09-2013, 09:36 PM
1969 Finals - Game 7
Bill Russell: 6 pts, 21 reb, 6 ast, 2-7 FG, 2-4 FT (W)

1974 Finals - Game 7
Oscar Robertson: 6 pts, 3 reb, 11 ast, 0 stl, 0 blk, 2-13 FG, 2-2 FT (L)
John Havlicek: 16 pts, 9 reb, 6 ast, 3 stl, 0 blk, 6-20 FG, 4-4 FT (W)

1984 Finals - Game 7
Magic Johnson: 16 pts, 5 reb, 15 ast, 4 stl, 2 blk, 7 tov, 5-14 FG, 0-0 3PT, 6-7 FT (L)
Larry Bird: 20 pts, 12 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk, 2 tov, 6-18 FG, 0-0 3 PT, 8-8 FT (W)

2005 Finals - Game 7
Tim Duncan: 25 pts, 11 reb, 3 ast, 0 stl, 2 blk, 5 tov, 10-27 FG, 0-0 3PT, 5-6 FT (W)

2010 Finals - Game 7
Kobe Bryant: 23 pts, 15 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl, 0 blk, 4 tov, 6-24 FG, 0-6 3PT, 11-15 FT (W)

Thread
04-10-2013, 05:27 AM
The NBA's media coverage has changed dramatically, tbh

Yep, Media has went from watch dog (pre-'80s) to junk yard dog (pre-'90s) to lapdog (since). The $ went haywire, teams consumed their own Media/information feeds in order to control the message. It was cute & quaint when the money was inconsequential for "talk radio"/Media to denigrate the product with judgment & punishment. After the $ went viral it wasn't funny anymore. It was untenable. It's dead serious now and they ain't fuckin' around. It's centralized, managed, curried & produced. & everybody is on boardPERIOD

spurraider21
04-10-2013, 05:30 AM

According to MJ himself, Kwame brown is a franchise center worthy of the #1 overall pick.

spurraider21
04-10-2013, 05:36 AM
MJ does not have a similar choke on his resume andi doubt LBJ catches himm but to say not still possible is crazy needs at least 5 rings to make it close ...

you mean to say, he has to be on 5 championship rosters. team accomplishment. and tbh, he has only been on a championship caliber roster since taking the heat over. none of those cleveland rosters were worthy, but he carried them more than i've ever seen one player carry a team. he's been in miami for 2 years and has 2 finals appearance. also a massive favorite to win this year.

racm
04-10-2013, 06:48 AM
In 2008-09:

LeBron took the Cavs to 66 wins with a roster of Mo Williams, Delonte West, Ben Wallace, Anderson Varejao, an old Zydrunas Ilgauskas while coached by Mike Brown.

Kobe took the Lakers to 65 wins with a roster of Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, Trevor Ariza, Luke Walton, and Derek Fisher while coached by Phil Jackson.

In 2006-07:

LeBron took the Cavs to 50 wins and the Finals with a roster of Ilgauskas, Larry Hughes, Sasha Pavlovic, Drew Gooden, Daniel Gibson, Anderson Varejao, and Eric Snow.

Kobe took the Lakers to 42 wins and a first round exit with a roster of Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm, Luke Walton, Kwame Brown, and Smush Parker.

Killakobe81
04-10-2013, 08:30 AM
LOL Lebron/MJ thread ... :lol
devolving in to a Kobe/Lebron ... :bang

Dunbasses cant help themselves. Many on here post stuff like Kobe shouldn't even be in this discussion but you asscracks cant stop BRINGING him in ...:rollin

Thread
04-10-2013, 09:23 AM
LOL Lebron/MJ thread ... :lol
devolving in to a Kobe/Lebron ... :bang

Dunbasses cant help themselves. Many on here post stuff like Kobe shouldn't even be in this discussion but you asscracks cant stop BRINGING him in ...:rollin

That's how:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

manifests itself.

Killakobe81
04-10-2013, 11:05 AM
you mean to say, he has to be on 5 championship rosters. team accomplishment. and tbh, he has only been on a championship caliber roster since taking the heat over. none of those cleveland rosters were worthy, but he carried them more than i've ever seen one player carry a team. he's been in miami for 2 years and has 2 finals appearance. also a massive favorite to win this year.

You can say what you like Mj did not always have a championship roster either, for the old guard to even consider Lebron with MJ he needs at least 5 or he is "slumming" with the Duncan, Shaq, Bird HAkeem, Isiah crowd ... and not the MJ/MAgic/KAreem/Russell one ...