PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Sefko: Dirk Nowitzki ready to hit the recruiting trail, help Mavs attract big name fr

BobaFett1
04-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Dirk Nowitzki doesn’t want it to end like this.
Slugging it out for the eighth seed — or more likely missing the playoffs — is bad enough once. Or twice.
In the autumn of his NBA career, he wants more. And while he has no problem putting pressure on ownership to find some high-quality warriors to play alongside him, Nowitzki also is OK taking on his share of the workload off the court.
He’s ready to hit the recruiting trail.
“I’ve said it all year long — this is a big summer for us,” Nowitzki said. “We have to get better. We have to get some guys in that can get us back to the top level. We want to be a top-four seed in the West. That was always our goal, to play for the top. So this is a big summer. If [owner Mark Cuban] needs me to recruit and do all that stuff, I’m more than happy to.”
Will it be enough to woo a marquee free agent or finagle a sign-and-trade? Nobody knows for sure. But it can’t hurt.
The Mavericks followed up their championship in 2011 by barely squeezing into the playoffs last season. They will probably miss the playoff this season for the first season since 1999-2000.
“I don’t know if it was necessarily Cuban’s plan to go for eight, nine one-year players,” Nowitzki said. “Once you let the championship team go, there were some consequences and obviously some risks that go with it.
And Nowitzki has made it abundantly clear to Cuban that another season like this one isn’t something he’s interested in.
“My last couple years, I’d love to contend,” he said. “We’ve been a championship team that one year, and once you smell that victory, you want to smell it again. I don’t want to go anywhere else. [Cuban] knows that. Everybody knows that. I want to be a Maverick for life.”

monosylab1k
04-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Yeah, we could have used this enthusiasm a year ago, dude.

Spur-Addict
04-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Rough stretch for MavFans dealing with TOSB's and young scrubs after a beautiful championship run.

The Batman
04-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Mavs sign Josh Smith to max deal. Also welcome Brandon Jennings.

elemento
04-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Should have kept Tyson tbh

Perfect fit and RC knows how to use him perfectly.

Clipper Nation
04-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Cuban boutta give Friend Killer a fat contract, tbh :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-09-2013, 10:04 AM

What an original take. You might be the very first person to have the "mavs should have kept Tyson" revelation.

elemento
04-09-2013, 10:28 AM
What an original take. You might be the very first person to have the "mavs should have kept Tyson" revelation.

Don't disagree that I am not original. Still, Dirk should have done it after the ring, not now.

Phillip
04-09-2013, 10:42 AM
I have a feeling Bynum (if physicals proves he is healthy) comes to Dallas.

If he isn't healthy, they probably make a hard pitch to Cousins (which many fans won't be happy with, but with his talent levels, I guess it's understandable)

Not sure who else to expect as possible targets after that.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Is there zero chance on Dwight?

monosylab1k
04-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Deron was their best chance at snagging a big free agent. Obviously he was overrated and probably not worth the money, but he was their only realistic shot. Dwight isn't coming here, neither is CP3. Deron was looking for any reason to leave the Nets, and instead we let him know that Shark Tank was more important than him.

So sorry Dirk, you brought this on yourself. A year too late for this kind of talk. Maybe spend the offseason working and staying in shape instead of letting your knees go to shit.

monosylab1k
04-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Is there zero chance on Dwight?

One in a million.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/399/502/960.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-09-2013, 10:59 AM
One in a million.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/399/502/960.jpg

Thoughts on Bynum?

monosylab1k
04-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Thoughts on Bynum?

I'd love a healthy Bynum, as would most any other team. Doesn't seem like there's a chance in hell of that happening though. If we're gonna blow big money on someone, it better not be a guy who may not play 50 more games for the rest of his career.

Pop
04-09-2013, 11:57 AM
They need a PG so badly that Jennings is indeed a safe bet. The other priority is center, maybe they go for Bynum but that extremely risky, players in his situation don't tend to come back, I think Pekovic is gonna received some nice offers this summer and obviously Big Al is another intriguing one. Who knows.

jag
04-09-2013, 12:04 PM
I think the Mavs should have kept Tyson. In my humble opinion, that's where they went wrong.

benefactor
04-09-2013, 12:11 PM
I think the Mavs should have kept Tyson. In my humble opinion, that's where they went wrong.
Wow...I was just about to say that. Great minds tbh. :toast

BatManu20
04-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Dirk would look reaal niice in a Spurs uni. And we need a stretch 4. Send him down the road to SA so he can finish his team on a contender.:hat

TDMVPDPOY
04-09-2013, 12:18 PM
if they need a PG, why not go after that clown john wall who wants a max contract which i think the wiz will be stupid to pay him...

Axe Murderer
04-09-2013, 12:36 PM

The weird part of that is that they won a championship with him on the roster, so it didn't really make a lot of sense for them to let him go now that I think about it. Man, I'm surprised nobody ever thought of that before.

Great observation/insight elemento :toast

Brazil
04-09-2013, 12:38 PM

The weird part of that is that they won a championship with him on the roster, so it didn't really make a lot of sense for them to let him go now that I think about it. Man, I'm surprised nobody ever thought of that before.

Great observation/insight elemento :toast

:lol

jag
04-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Dirk would look reaal niice in a Spurs uni. And we need a stretch 4. Send him down the road to SA so he can finish his team on a contender.:hat

Yeah, the Spurs really need a "stretch" 4. Someone to complement Tiago. The Spurs current 4, Duncan, can come off the bench.

Pop
04-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Yeah, the Spurs really need a "stretch" 4. Someone to complement Tiago. The Spurs current 4, Duncan, can come off the bench.

Tim is guarded by centers, defends on centers, he's a center.

Phillip
04-09-2013, 02:04 PM

then he can no longer be considered the greatest PF of all time

sorry

Pop
04-09-2013, 02:06 PM

sorry

He played PF for a long time but now he's a center.

jag
04-09-2013, 02:19 PM

Who he defends is based on the matchup, not the position. On offense, he plays relatively far from the basket now and is rarely used in post-up situations. Tiago plays more of the traditional center role.

skut_farkus
04-09-2013, 02:27 PM

sorry

X1000000000

Brazil
04-09-2013, 02:29 PM

sorry

he played more PF during his career than center. So I'm asking you, what is the position he needs to be remembered ?

Lincoln
04-09-2013, 02:31 PM
he played more PF during his career than center. So I'm asking you, what is the position he needs to be remembered ?

By the time he retires he will have played more seasons as a center

DPG21920
04-09-2013, 02:33 PM
I know Mav fans defend him but Cuban did Dirk dirty. He's lucky Dirk has an insane amount of loyalty.

Killakobe81
04-09-2013, 02:50 PM
I know Mav fans defend him but Cuban did Dirk dirty. He's lucky Dirk has an insane amount of loyalty.

My boy DocPG ...right about dem Mavs

Phillip
04-09-2013, 02:54 PM

too late

Phillip
04-09-2013, 02:55 PM

I think actually most Mavs fans are quite pissed at Cuban. That number is far greater than the Mavs fans who defend Cubes.

Clipper Nation
04-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Why can't Duncan just be remembered as a tweener who played at a dominant level at both the 4 and the 5? Why does he have to be pigeonholed into one position?

Brazil
04-09-2013, 03:09 PM
By the time he retires he will have played more seasons as a center

link?

pookenstein
04-09-2013, 03:17 PM
I have a feeling Bynum (if physicals proves he is healthy) comes to Dallas.

If that was to happen, would you consider dying your avater? Something like that:
https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/194/phillipq.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photos/my-images/194/phillipq.jpg/)

Phillip
04-09-2013, 03:37 PM

Why can't Duncan just be remembered as a tweener who played at a dominant level at both the 4 and the 5? Why does he have to be pigeonholed into one position?

link?

from Popovich himself -

When asked who the starting center would be in Game 1 against the Jazz, Pop treated it as a silly question and said: “Tim Duncan, like we have for the past 15 years.”

Interesting.

Clipper Nation
04-09-2013, 03:48 PM
CIA Pop trolling the media with det one, tbh....

Brazil
04-09-2013, 04:56 PM
from Popovich himself -

Interesting.

yeah I guess Robinson was PF when Duncan arrived :rolleyes

snickles
04-09-2013, 05:07 PM
lol at using a "pop having to answer a stupid question" as the basis of an argument.

seriously, who gives a shit? with the way the NBA is going, low post PFs will quickly be a thing of the past. just enjoy his play for as long as he hangs around.

anyone not ok with "one of the best bigs to ever play?" its such a subjective argument anyways....

irishock
04-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Dirk will head to Boston imo. That was the team that he wanted to be drafted to

Thread
04-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Stupid ass. They already had the team concocted and rung. Now they got to start all over again.

BatManu20
04-09-2013, 06:50 PM
WGAF what position Duncan has played more of. He's a top 8 player all-time regardless, and should be remembered as such. All you kids arguing if he's a PF or C are wasting your time and efforts. He's played more PF, and will be remembered as GOAT PF.

AaronY
04-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Duncan's been a center since Rasho and Mohammed left following the 2006 season, the mainstream media still considers him a pf when they discuss his career so it had nothing to do with Spurs fans.

HI-FI
04-09-2013, 06:57 PM
i've been giving it some thought.....and i'm starting to think that letting Tyson Chandler walk was a bad idea in hindsight.

AaronY
04-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Really the Spurs just list Duncan as a pf in the lineup so they won't hurt his feelings, its real important to him For Some reason...thats really the only reason anyone considers him a pf anymore

Thread
04-09-2013, 07:28 PM
^+ he's as vane as the next asshole in the line. It's just that vanity doesn't sell either way that far south in Texas so they give him a pass.

Samuel Eto'o
04-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Cp3 and dwight coming in the summer. Bet $10,000 to anyone on the forum.

Latarian Milton
04-09-2013, 11:13 PM
it might be a mistake to let TC walk but cuban deserved credit for signing him in the first place imho. mavs had been one of the biggest spenders in NBA w/o winning a ring before 11, and cuban himself has been fined millions of bucks by the league since he took office, and after all, cuban loves the team more than any mavs fan does tbh.

Thread
04-10-2013, 05:07 AM
it might be a mistake to let TC walk but cuban deserved credit for signing him in the first place imho. mavs had been one of the biggest spenders in NBA w/o winning a ring before 11, and cuban himself has been fined millions of bucks by the league since he took office, and after all, cuban loves the team more than any mavs fan does tbh.

He's an incompetent boob.

Thread
04-10-2013, 05:07 AM
Cp3 and dwight coming in the summer. Bet $10,000 to anyone on the forum.

Thank Christ. You richly deserve both.

racm
04-10-2013, 07:09 AM
They need a PG so badly that Jennings is indeed a safe bet. The other priority is center, maybe they go for Bynum but that extremely risky, players in his situation don't tend to come back, I think Pekovic is gonna received some nice offers this summer and obviously Big Al is another intriguing one. Who knows.

Jennings isn't even much of a PG, assist binges aside. Looks for his own number more than deferring to a more established threat.

Tbf, he was handed the keys to the offense as soon as his rookie season, and that 55 point game helped.

djohn2oo8
04-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Jennings isn't even much of a PG, assist binges aside. Looks for his own number more than deferring to a more established threat.

Tbf, he was handed the keys to the offense as soon as his rookie season, and that 55 point game helped.

Yeah his attitudecis shitty. He recently called out his teammates for their lack of talent

racm
04-10-2013, 07:15 AM
WGAF what position Duncan has played more of. He's a top 8 player all-time regardless, and should be remembered as such. All you kids arguing if he's a PF or C are wasting your time and efforts. He's played more PF, and will be remembered as GOAT PF.

And he's great at both positions.

jag
04-10-2013, 07:16 AM

He's an incompetent boob.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/dog-runs-into-screen-door.gif?w=314&h=280

Thread
04-10-2013, 09:16 AM

Bend over. I'll show ya fuckin' both positions.

Phillip
04-10-2013, 09:25 AM
yeah I guess Robinson was PF when Duncan arrived :rolleyes

lol at using a "pop having to answer a stupid question" as the basis of an argument.

seriously, who gives a shit? with the way the NBA is going, low post PFs will quickly be a thing of the past. just enjoy his play for as long as he hangs around.

anyone not ok with "one of the best bigs to ever play?" its such a subjective argument anyways....

Duncan's been a center since Rasho and Mohammed left following the 2006 season, the mainstream media still considers him a pf when they discuss his career so it had nothing to do with Spurs fans.

Really the Spurs just list Duncan as a pf in the lineup so they won't hurt his feelings, its real important to him For Some reason...thats really the only reason anyone considers him a pf anymore

defensive reactions from spurfan like this are the only reason people like to make it a big deal as to whether he is a PF or C

lol gnsf

Brazil
04-10-2013, 09:51 AM
defensive reactions from spurfan like this are the only reason people like to make it a big deal as to whether he is a PF or C

lol gnsf

:lol getting owned and using the "I was trolling you" meme

Thread
04-10-2013, 09:54 AM

Regardless, he nailed ya pretty good there, Bra. You guys do take the [PF or C] protocol to heart.

Phillip
04-10-2013, 09:57 AM

on the contrary, search my post history

you will see i have adamantly said timmy = best PF ever, and often have said a good argument can be made that you would be better off building a team around him than MJ

Brazil
04-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Regardless, he nailed ya pretty good there, Bra. You guys do take the [PF or C] protocol to heart.

Media are using best pf ever not in particular spurs fans. I just found funny the silly shtick, Duncan is a C so he is not the best ever at his position because indeed he spent half of his career PF and the other half C. You can check I never used the Tim Duncan best pf ever stuff tbh. Tim is a versatile big capable playin' both positions and he is one of the very best big in the history of the league, that's fine for me.

boiled down Duncan 4 as the main guy > Kobe 0 as the main guy

Brazil
04-10-2013, 10:11 AM
on the contrary, search my post history

you will see i have adamantly said timmy = best PF ever, and often have said a good argument can be made that you would be better off building a team around him than MJ

so I stand corrected

Thread
04-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Media are using best pf ever not in particular spurs fans. I just found funny the silly shtick, Duncan is a C so he is not the best ever at his position because indeed he spent half of his career PF and the other half C. You can check I never used the Tim Duncan best pf ever stuff tbh. Tim is a versatile big capable playin' both positions and he is one of the very best big in the history of the league, that's fine for me.

boiled down Duncan 4 as the main guy > Kobe 0 as the main guy

It's just me. Kobe didn't do it to ya. I did. He was after Daddy. I was after you.

jejejeje!!!

Brazil
04-10-2013, 10:15 AM
It's just me. Kobe didn't do it to ya. I did. He was after Daddy. I was after you.

jejejeje!!!

Cul, you are killing my scavenger hunt fuck tbh

here the correct answer was
Kobe 5
Duncan 4 blablabla

dude you gave 7 to baseline, 4 or 5 to mono and nothing to your old compadre Brazil :cry

Thread
04-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Cul, you are killing my scavenger hunt fuck tbh

here the correct answer was
Kobe 5
Duncan 4 blablabla

dude you gave 7 to baseline, 4 or 5 to mono and nothing to your old compadre Brazil :cry

I fell on this new tact (Kobe was hunting Daddy/Duncan got in the way and I nailed his ass to the wall]. You'll just have to weather the storm whilst I see if it can gain traction.

AaronY
04-10-2013, 10:32 AM

lol gnsf
I don't know how I was defensive. I just said he's been a center since 2006 and there's no reason to consider otherwise

l agreed with everything you said

Thread
04-10-2013, 10:41 AM
I don't know how I was defensive.

:rolleyes

AaronY
04-10-2013, 11:09 AM
He said he wanted to talk about something then when people talked about it he laughed and was like "gotcha!"

People bring up where Dirk ranks in history and the guy writes 9200 paragraphs anyways, now that's defensive

snickles
04-10-2013, 11:20 AM

lol gnsf

lol orly?

so of the 6 quotes you posted, 2 gave a factual reply, and 2 said they didnt give a fuck.

those "defensive reactions" sure make it sound like a "big deal" to me.

someone is attention whoring.....

Brazil
04-10-2013, 11:36 AM
I fell on this new tact (Kobe was hunting Daddy/Duncan got in the way and I nailed his ass to the wall]. You'll just have to weather the storm whilst I see if it can gain traction.

:rolleyes

Kai
04-10-2013, 12:05 PM
J Smith & Bynum are probably the most likely to sign there. I'm sure they'll be at Dwight's doorstep when FA starts, but no chance.

Phillip
04-10-2013, 01:44 PM
I don't know how I was defensive. I just said he's been a center since 2006 and there's no reason to consider otherwise

l agreed with everything you said

lol orly?

so of the 6 quotes you posted, 2 gave a factual reply, and 2 said they didnt give a fuck.

those "defensive reactions" sure make it sound like a "big deal" to me.

someone is attention whoring.....

lol defensive gnsf that doesnt realize they are defensive gnsf

AaronY
04-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Lol writes a mini-novel any time takes even the most transparent shot against his hero Dirk

Calls other people defensive

Brazil
04-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Nigg' Phillip doin' work tbh