PDA

View Full Version : No Stephen Jackson for Denver

EricB
04-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Didn't travel with the team and Tony Parker upgraded to probable. Stupid to play Parker but whatever.

BatManu20
04-09-2013, 06:55 PM
San Antonio Spurs ‏@spurs (https://twitter.com/spurs)5m (https://twitter.com/spurs/status/321771764646559744)
S. Jackson did not make the trip to Denver and will not play @ Nuggets. T. Parker (sore neck) is listed as probable against the Nuggets.

Listed as probable but maybe he still doesn't play? Doubt it but who knows.

Budkin
04-09-2013, 07:53 PM
WTF is up now?

TheGoldStandard
04-09-2013, 07:57 PM
He's old, Pop trying to get his bench right before the playoffs too.

timtonymanu
04-09-2013, 08:03 PM
So I guess Boris is good to go now?

Not surprised about Tony, but a little disturbed hearing about Jack. I doubt this is Pop just resting him because the Spurs have been off since Saturday.

TheGoldStandard
04-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Eh, when it comes to rotations, starters etc Pop doesn't always make sense. The ankle might be bothering him or its just to rest him.

EVAY
04-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Diaw didn't make the trip, did he?

superjames1992
04-09-2013, 08:23 PM
CIA Pop™.

SpursFanaticInVegas
04-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Didn't travel with the team and Tony Parker upgraded to probable. Stupid to play Parker but whatever.

Maybe Stak 5 has a show in Laredo. Ever since that show at SXSW, Jax and Neal have been OFF!

HarlemHeat37
04-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Good news for the Spurs if they're trying to win the game, tbh..

MaNu4Tres
04-09-2013, 11:31 PM

How dare you. Jax is tough.

BackHome
04-09-2013, 11:49 PM

lol!

Rapper
04-09-2013, 11:53 PM
what a good news

DapDaGenius
04-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Maybe Stak 5 has a show in Laredo. Ever since that show at SXSW, Jax and Neal have been OFF!

LOL Jax as has been off way been SXSW.

DapDaGenius
04-10-2013, 12:05 AM

The truth.

Cane
04-10-2013, 12:15 AM

The bringer of goods

Although I wonder what his +/- is like

szkorhetz
04-10-2013, 12:17 AM
RUMOR has it that Jackson had a complete meltdown today with the team. Apparently he is uncertain about his future with San Antonio and is currently not with the team.

spurraider21
04-10-2013, 12:18 AM
TP shouldn't play yet. He does need a few games to get his legs under him before the playoffs, but he needs to get as healthy as possible first. But seeing at how Pop is crazy careful when it comes to injuries/rest, if he gives TP the green light, I'm going to assume he's fine. Then again he "had nothing" against OKC, to quote Pop himself

Cane
04-10-2013, 12:19 AM
RUMOR has it that Jackson had a complete meltdown today with the team. Apparently he is uncertain about his future with San Antonio and is currently not with the team.

Hope it doesn't have something to do with the Forbes article

HI-FI
04-10-2013, 12:32 AM

shit, hope it ain't true....is this a personal source or is it linked somewhere?

what a strange season.....the only good thing is some bad contracts are wrapping up this season.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-10-2013, 12:52 AM
So who did you hear this rumor from? tbh

freetiago
04-10-2013, 12:58 AM
its not true but with Jackson people wouldnt doubt it since thats the kind of guy he is
hits a couple 3s in 03 and spurstalk cant get his dick out of their mouths
hes basically been blacklisted throughout the NBA and is known as a cancer who will demand his overpayed contract extention
GS took on a year of Richard Jefferson just to get rid of him
and hes been booed everytime hes touched the ball vs his former teams

but but but hes so tough a warrior

Floyd Pacquiao
04-10-2013, 01:10 AM
jack is tough no doubt. He brings the nasty on defense against big forwards, doesnt back down from no one. Un like that soft pussie jefferson. he just cant shoot for shit right now. thank the basketball god for kawhi tbh

DesignatedT
04-10-2013, 01:11 AM
Jack will hit 40% from three in the playoffs. Book that shit.

His role will be to play 15 minutes off the bench to bring energy, defense and toughness. He'll D up and knock down those pressure threes. That's all hes needed for.

jermaine
04-10-2013, 01:30 AM
Right now stak5 is to worried about his rap career. I hope he comes back to his basketball mind frame come playoffs.

freetiago
04-10-2013, 02:33 AM
Jacksuckers already in with the same shticks
he brings defense against guys he shouldnt be matched up against since hes such a TOSB who cant guard perimeter players
foul prone being mistaken for toughness
vs the Lakers this season when matched up vs Kobe he did his tough man routine and racked up his Ts and got ejected sparking the Lakers comeback
hes suppose to spread the floor but hes one of the worst offensive players in the nba despite being fed wide open looks in the Spur system
hell also magically shoot 3s at a better rate then hes ever shot in his career
Jackson playoff career 3 point shooting percentages

03: .336
05: .32
06: .231
07: .361
10: .167
12: .61
highest reg season percentage - .36%

one doesnt fit with the others tbh
ill use one of spurfan favorite word to describe it "flukey"
lightning wont strike twice tbh per par

LarryDavid
04-10-2013, 02:37 AM

No, he was too busy playing with Legos

weeks
04-10-2013, 03:26 AM
i just hope boris doesn't throw his back out moving hundreds of lego pieces cm by cm
10 hours he spent on that. look at this man's belly. i'm judgin

spurraider21
04-10-2013, 05:29 AM
Jackson's biggest attribute is his defense and the fact that he never shies away from big moments. Doesn't wilt under pressure. Lately he had been finding some success while attacking the rim/playing out of the post rather than just spotting up for threes. There is value there

rmt
04-10-2013, 06:15 AM
People have short memories - remind me again about SJax's shooting during the OKC series when the other role players were sh****g their pants. It's not like he didn't do his thing during the 03 run either. If he's following in the footsteps of Horry, that's fine with me - Spurs are #1 seed in the West even with his horrific RS play. He's earned the benefit of my doubt.

z0sa
04-10-2013, 07:02 AM
its not true but with Jackson people wouldnt doubt it since thats the kind of guy he is
hits a couple 3s in 03 and spurstalk cant get his dick out of their mouths
hes basically been blacklisted throughout the NBA and is known as a cancer who will demand his overpayed contract extention
GS took on a year of Richard Jefferson just to get rid of him
and hes been booed everytime hes touched the ball vs his former teams

but but but hes so tough a warrior

Um, nothing you said changes the fact he is a tough warrior type. And don't forget the 6-7 from 3PT range in Game 6 vs OKC last year's WCFs, warrior expert.

bklynspursfan
04-10-2013, 07:49 AM
So I guess Boris is good to go now?

Not surprised about Tony, but a little disturbed hearing about Jack. I doubt this is Pop just resting him because the Spurs have been off since Saturday.

The last thing I heard was Boris was already ruled out of tonight's game I believe a few days ago. (From the 8th)

Guess we'll see Splitter off the bench again.

Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN (https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN)8 Apr (https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/321310459812777986)
Parker will be listed as questionable, officially, for Denver. Boris Diaw (sore back) is out for Denver, day-to-day after that.

Spur|n|Austin
04-10-2013, 08:12 AM
WTF is up now?

Most likely nothing; we've seen Pop do this every season towards the end.

cd98
04-10-2013, 11:22 AM
I hope Jackson can turn it on for the playoffs a la Horry. His playoff reputation is a little overstated. Yes, he had a great run for us in 2003. And yes, after not doing much for two rounds, he did shoot the ball well last year against the Thunder. Some days he looks like he can be effective. Most days he looks incredibly slow. Oddly, his jumper has looked horrible and his drives to the basket and post ups have actually looked pretty good. We'll see. If he has a disaster of a playoffs this year, he'll be out the league.

guzmangm
04-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Cap'n Jack was one of the few who actually "played with a pair" in last year's WCF. He brings good defense and can hit the three from time to time. I'd take him in the playoffs anytime.

superjames1992
04-10-2013, 04:43 PM
he brings defense against guys he shouldnt be matched up against since hes such a TOSB who cant guard perimeter players
vs the Lakers this season when matched up vs Kobe he did his tough man routine and racked up his Ts and got ejected sparking the Lakers comeback
hes suppose to spread the floor but hes one of the worst offensive players in the nba despite being fed wide open looks in the Spur system

Don't bring facts into this discussion. Jaxsuckers don't like facts. They'd prefer to think he is a career 60% playoff three-point shooter when the fact of the matter is that, over the course of his career, he has REGRESSED in the playoffs.

superjames1992
04-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Cap'n Jack was one of the few who actually "played with a pair" in last year's WCF. He brings good defense and can hit the three from time to time. I'd take him in the playoffs anytime.
One good series, bro. Come on, stop riding the fluke.

cd021
04-10-2013, 05:54 PM

Smart move for molding stats to fit a opinion you've already made, I call it the Skip Bayless.:nope He shot 30% from 3pt in the regular season and it skyrocketed to 61%3pt. Call me crazy but thats damn impressive. He also sank 15 of his final 21 3's in the post season (71.4%). Anyone who has watched Captain at him best in the post season, knows he's a game changer. Pop didn't hesitate to play him 25+ minutes when the Spurs backs were against the wall. That 07' GSW run, Captain was just as good as Baron was. He bullied Dirk and made a small ball lineup possible. He had a big hand in the biggest playoff upset in NBA history.

cd021
04-10-2013, 05:55 PM
One good series, bro. Come on, stop riding the fluke.

See GSW '07 playoff run.

BillMc
04-10-2013, 06:19 PM
So are the rumors about Jackson's melt down just that - rumors? Or is he hurt? Or just resting 'cause he's up there in age?

jermaine
04-10-2013, 06:24 PM
He's in Dallas getting ready to do a show. Him an Diaw! I think Blair is with them tryna make money to pay for them diamonds he stole.

Johnsyounger
04-10-2013, 08:14 PM
People have short memories - remind me again about SJax's shooting during the OKC series when the other role players were sh****g their pants. It's not like he didn't do his thing during the 03 run either. If he's following in the footsteps of Horry, that's fine with me - Spurs are #1 seed in the West even with his horrific RS play. He's earned the benefit of my doubt.
This. Everyone hates on Jax but he is playoff proven. Neal too. Too many haters. Neal is capable in the playoffs. 2010 Memphis series??

boutons_deux
04-10-2013, 08:28 PM

apart from FINALLY hitting 3Gs in the WCF elmination game and scoring about 25 pts, what else did he do that series.

SJax is done, never a good shooter. I do love it when he bulls his way to basket, and some defense, but forget his offense. He's shoot a LOT more bricks and airballs than sink 3Gs.

freetiago
04-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Neal was actually pretty bad in the playoffs outside of one shot in game 5
averaged 7.7 points on 7.7 shots
efficiency fell in every category big time
with average to bad offense mixed with Neals nonexistent defense he was a nonfactor

he was solid in last years playoff run

superjames1992
04-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Neal was actually pretty bad in the playoffs outside of one shot in game 5
averaged 7.7 points on 7.7 shots
efficiency fell in every category big time
with average to bad offense mixed with Neals nonexistent defense he was a nonfactor

he was solid in last years playoff run
Definition of a "volume shooter," tbh. That Hero needs to stay on the bench this year.

weebo
04-10-2013, 08:59 PM
He's in Dallas getting ready to do a show. Him an Diaw! I think Blair is with them tryna make money to pay for them diamonds he stole.

:lol

weebo
04-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Definition of a "volume shooter," tbh. That Hero needs to stay on the bench this year.

too bad he's not as good as your hero Udrih :rolleyes