PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: TOSB status helping Tim Duncan become DPOY

King Emmanuel
04-09-2013, 10:50 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/04/tim-duncan-credits-shot-blocking-to-being-old-and-slow/

You wouldn’t know it by looking at his often expression-less face, but Tim Duncan is actually a really funny guy. Occasionally, he even lets the world in on this secret. Here’s the San Antonio Spurs legend joking about his advanced age and lack of speed (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2013/04/08/%E2%80%98old-slow%E2%80%99-duncan-swats-shots-with-ease/) leading to a historic season on the defensive side of the ball. Per theExpress-News: “At age 36, and in the midst of arguably the greatest run of shot-swatting in his Hall of Fame-bound career, Duncan says the secret behind his longevity as a defensive menace is twofold. ‘I’m old,’ Duncan deadpanned, ‘but I’m slow.’ [...] In his 16th season, Duncan has been offering up more rejections than a homecoming queen, totaling 173 in 65 games — all, as he likes to joke, without leaving the floor. Duncan’s average of 2.7 blocks per game ranks third in the league and puts him on pace for the best shot-blocking season by a 36-year-old in league history. Since the NBA began tracking blocks in 1973-74, no player Duncan’s age has come close to that number over a full season. New York’s Patrick Ewing averaged 2.6 blocks in 38 games of a lockout-shortened 1998-99 campaign. Duncan’s average of 3.2 blocks per 36 minutes, meanwhile, marks by far the highest rate of his career. Are we amazed yet? ‘I guess to some degree, I should say yes,’ coach Gregg Popovich said, ‘just because people in that stage of their career don’t do the things he’s doing.’ An eight-time member of the NBA’s All-Defensive first team, Duncan — who turns 37 on April 25 — is building a case to become the oldest Defensive Player of the Year in history. The eighth-leading shot-blocker of all time with 2,642, Duncan is the centerpiece of a Spurs team that ranks third in defensive efficiency, up from 10th last season. He has posted at least three blocks in a game 31 times this season, including a stretch of seven in a row in January. [...] Like a magician loath to reveal the technique behind his illusions, Duncan downplays the legwork that goes into his shot-blocking. ‘I just think I’ve tricked people into coming into a certain territory,’ Duncan said.”

BatManu20
04-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Tim won't crack top 3 for DPOY tbh. He should, but he won't.

BatManu20
04-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Shame..

TDMVPDPOY
04-09-2013, 11:04 PM
he wont win it, overrated as hell

HI-FI
04-09-2013, 11:07 PM
he wont win it, overrated as hell

i hope you're joking, especially with your username.

irishock
04-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Duncan's so classy :cry

should be Duncan looking like DPOY despite being old, not because of it.

spurraider21
04-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Tim won't crack top 3 for DPOY tbh. He should, but he won't.
This whole "we don't get respect" notion is completely overblown, especially this season. Pre-injury, Parker was in legit MVP talks around the country. Obviously was behind LBJ but the media was putting TP at 2. We were top 2 for much of the season on NBA.com's power rankings. Espn just ranked Tim as the best big man in the NBA ahead of guys like Dwight. Tony Parker was just called the 7th best player in the NBA ahead of Melo and Harden. We are getting respect/recognition. It will come between Tim, Gasol, and Noah most probably with Sanders, Ibaka, and Dwight getting consideration.

Killakobe81
04-10-2013, 12:15 AM
DUNCAN AND NOAH TBH ...

Thread
04-10-2013, 12:18 AM
You guys always did get your jollies from the dust collector's & door stops.

It's an adorable trait. And you never intrude.

Knock yerself out.

TDMVPDPOY
04-10-2013, 12:19 AM
i hope you're joking, especially with your username.

if he wins it, its nothing more then a participation or life time achievement award....

media will feel the obligation to award him one after all these years of giving nothing to him, in other words media doesnt feel like his earnt it on merit, but earnt it on participation all these years

Fergie The Florists
04-10-2013, 12:20 AM
DUNCAN AND NOAH TBH ...

What about your guy Kobe??? You know..... the nigga that keeps u nice and full with his man juice.

Thread
04-10-2013, 12:21 AM
if he wins it, its nothing more then a participation or life time achievement award....

media will feel the obligation to award him one after all these years of giving nothing to him, in other words media doesnt feel like his earnt it on merit, but earnt it on participation all these years

"award him" "giving nothing to him"...

It's pussy. It's asshole. Grow up & act like somebody.

Here it is: make the playoffs...win the last game you play...there is nothing else.

spurraider21
04-10-2013, 12:23 AM
You guys always did get your jollies from the dust collector's & door stops.

It's an adorable trait. And you never intrude.

Knock yerself out.
considering your whole 5-4 shtick is based on dust collectors too, you of all people should understand

Thread
04-10-2013, 12:25 AM
considering your whole 5-4 shtick is based on dust collectors too, you of all people should understand

I don't do the dust collectors. I do two things:::

1. make the playoffs
2. win the last game you play

There is nothing else.

TDMVPDPOY
04-10-2013, 12:26 AM
"award him" "giving nothing to him"...

It's pussy. It's asshole. Grow up & act like somebody.

Here it is: make the playoffs...win the last game you play...there is nothing else.

stfu trend setter

Thread
04-10-2013, 12:27 AM
stfu trend setter

Make me, motherfucker. I ain't no easy clean, niqqer.

spurraider21
04-10-2013, 12:39 AM
I don't do the dust collectors. I do two things:::

1. make the playoffs
2. win the last game you play

There is nothing else.

...which = championship trophy
....which in your words = dust collector

Thread
04-10-2013, 12:40 AM
...which = championship trophy
....which in your words = dust collector

Don't you understand the concept of [[[There is nothing else]]]? Make the playoffs. Win the last game you play. THERE IS NOTHING ELSE.

Use your head, man.

spurraider21
04-10-2013, 05:13 AM
Don't you understand the concept of [[[There is nothing else]]]? Make the playoffs. Win the last game you play. THERE IS NOTHING ELSE.

Use your head, man.

making playoffs + winning last game = championship trophy

you can say "there is nothing else" and even use all caps if you please, but 'tis true. and championship trophy = dust collector by your standards

Thread
04-10-2013, 05:16 AM
making playoffs + winning last game = championship trophy

you can say "there is nothing else" and even use all caps if you please, but 'tis true. and championship trophy = dust collector by your standards

But, there is NOTHING ELSE after you win the last game you play.

scanry
04-10-2013, 05:30 AM
Make me, motherfucker. I ain't no easy clean, niqqer.

Now that's a first coming from you. :lol

Thread
04-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Now that's a first coming from you. :lol

I'm harkening back to my AZ Central days of hoods, bigots and hate mongers.

tee, hee.

Latarian Milton
04-10-2013, 08:04 PM
spurs have been leading the west all the way through the regular season and duncan is still the hinge for his team on both ends of the floor. DPOY should be a deserved honor for him, and the rejuvenated duncan ought to win some consolation prize this season when the MVP & O'Brien trophies are locked ones for bron already

Thread
04-10-2013, 08:09 PM
O'Brien trophies are locked ones for bron already

Chop/chop.