PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Rockets and Warriors Clinch Playoff Spots

Kai
04-10-2013, 12:19 AM
Great day for these up-and-coming teams. It's a race for the 6 seed to avoid the big 2, but you have to think that getting any playoff experience at all will greatly help the development of their players and go a long way in establishing a winning culture. I'm so pumped!

http://www.nba.com/rockets/sites/rockets/files/imagecache/slider_image/content/images-topstory/2013/04/top0409amaze.jpg

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/908/img/photos/2013/04/08/de/3d/WarriorsHiFive.jpg

Fergie The Florists
04-10-2013, 12:25 AM
" up-and-coming teams."

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
04-10-2013, 12:27 AM
lol rockets are fodder

Kai
04-10-2013, 12:27 AM
" up-and-coming teams."

:lol

The Rockets are literally the least experienced team to ever make the playoffs in the history of the league. Not sure how you can't agree that their arrow is slanted upwards. Warriors will only improve as well.

lol rockets are fodder

Don't give a shit bruh, at least we're no longer the best non-playoff team :lol

Thread
04-10-2013, 12:30 AM
They'll be imminently shinin' shoes.

Let us proceed...

ElNono
04-10-2013, 12:31 AM
This might actually help bottom-feeders like the Lakers, who still have to play these two teams that as of right now are not playing for anything...

Thread
04-10-2013, 12:33 AM
This might actually help bottom-feeders like the Lakers, who still have to play these two teams that as of right now are not playing for anything...

Boiled down:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Kai
04-10-2013, 12:43 AM

Both want to avoid OKC/SA. Hell the Rockets don't even have their rotation figured out yet.

Thread
04-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Both want to avoid OKC/SA. Hell the Rockets don't even have their rotation figured out yet.

You'll roll over anyway and praise the fucks in front of ya the entire way. "We're just happy we made it. We're a young team and we'll be back many times. This is almost better for us to get skunked like this instead of actually competing. We have so much respect for the Spurs/OKC. Some day we want to be in their spot. But, we must earn it. Thank you for beating our brains out. May we another brain beating?"

You ain't got a hair on your fuckin' ass.

FkLA
04-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Harden is a beast, someone like Kobe for example likely misses the playoffs with the talent Harden has around him.

If I didnt love the guy so much I wouldve been all for offering Manu for him. Im pretty sure OKC wouldve valued him higher than Martin tbh.

racm
04-10-2013, 12:56 AM
Rockets clinched the playoffs with Harden carrying 'eremy Lin, Omer Asik, and their team having had their entire PF rotation traded for a project rookie. Your move, LA.

Thread
04-10-2013, 12:57 AM
^They'll be shinin' shoes momentarily. And you know what else?

They know it.

Bynumite
04-10-2013, 12:57 AM
Harden is a beast, someone like Kobe for example likely misses the playoffs with the talent Harden has around him.

Harden is 23, you put a 23 year old Kobe on that Houston team and he doesn't make the playoffs? GTFO phag.

FkLA
04-10-2013, 01:03 AM
Harden is 23, you put a 23 year old Kobe on that Houston team and he doesn't make the playoffs? GTFO phag.

Harden isnt a 23 year old chucker with a chip on his shoulder tbh. Kobe wouldve likely stalled the offense and tried to chuck them to the playoffs on his own.

Thread
04-10-2013, 01:03 AM
Rockets clinched the playoffs with Harden carrying 'eremy Lin, Omer Asik, and their team having had their entire PF rotation traded for a project rookie. Your move, LA.

Boiled down:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

But, it was never about Duncan for Kobe. It was Daddy. I made it about Duncan. Me. Pappy. I put that tramp stamped homasexual into the pickle, pulled his Speedo down and spanked that ass.

Let us proceed...

Suspect
04-10-2013, 01:05 AM
I dont see how any rockets fan would want them playing Denver instead of OKC/Spurs

Bynumite
04-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Harden isnt a 23 year old chucker with a chip on his shoulder tbh. Kobe wouldve likely stalled the offense and tried to chuck them to the playoffs on his own.

At 23 Kobe was a better scorer, defender and way more athletic than Harden.

FkLA
04-10-2013, 01:21 AM
At 23 Kobe was a better scorer, defender and way more athletic than Harden.

True but he was also alot more selfish and alot worse at getting the most out of limited teammates.

DAF86
04-10-2013, 01:26 AM
I dont see how any rockets fan would want them playing Denver instead of OKC/Spurs

I could see that, seeing how OKC and the Spurs are like ten times better than the Nuggets.

Suspect
04-10-2013, 01:40 AM
retarded logic is retarded

DAF86
04-10-2013, 01:44 AM
retarded logic is retarded

Few things are more retarded than prefering to face OKC or the Spurs over the Nuggets on the playoffs, tbh.

Suspect
04-10-2013, 01:45 AM
Okc is 10 times better but got 1-3 by nuggets this season

Spurs dropped one game, Won one by 1 and probably gonna lose tomorrow

yep, 10 times better, record means everything

DAF86
04-10-2013, 01:48 AM

So, you are saying that the Nuggets would beat the Spurs or Thunder on a playoffs series?

Suspect
04-10-2013, 01:50 AM
Would? no

Strong chance? of course

well if they were healthy

DAF86
04-10-2013, 02:03 AM
Would? no

Strong chance? of course

well if they were healthy

Denver's style just doesn't translate well to playoffs success.

Jacob1983
04-10-2013, 02:28 AM
OKC is gonna miss having Harden on their team in the playoffs.

Thread
04-10-2013, 04:38 AM

Their stupidity there rivals your's after you rang. Penny wise/Pound foolish.

GuerillaBlack
04-10-2013, 06:52 AM

http://i.minus.com/i3Xzl8DVIQD8t.gif

djohn2oo8
04-10-2013, 07:08 AM
I'd rather play Denver.

Kai
04-10-2013, 11:54 AM
You'll roll over anyway and praise the fucks in front of ya the entire way. "We're just happy we made it. We're a young team and we'll be back many times. This is almost better for us to get skunked like this instead of actually competing. We have so much respect for the Spurs/OKC. Some day we want to be in their spot. But, we must earn it. Thank you for beating our brains out. May we another brain beating?"

You ain't got a hair on your fuckin' ass.

Oh come the fuck on Cubster. There's no shame in being proud of what the Rockets have accomplished this season, even if they are first round fodder. It wasn't that long ago the Thunder were 1 and done.

Kai
04-10-2013, 11:56 AM
I'd rather play Denver.
Yep, I'd rather die from a thousand tiny cuts from Denver than straight up volunteer myself for the guillotine playing OKC. Denver has vulnerabilities that can be exploited.

mindcrime
04-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Yep, I'd rather die from a thousand tiny cuts from Denver than straight up volunteer myself for the guillotine playing OKC. Denver has vulnerabilities that can be exploited.

So do the Thunder. Unfortunately, the refs will help cover up those vulnerabilities. Free throws anyone?

sook
04-10-2013, 02:19 PM

are you kidding? That last game was a fluke if you are looking for something to base it on, we through in the towel when our starters were so tired they couldn't walk. Without Lawson / Galo all we have to do is steal 1 away game. Wilson Chandler isn't going to play like MJ every night (they don't miss galo if that happens).

Its good , they think they own us and we will steal an away game. Just like in 09 when the lakers swept us during the regular seaosn and everybody was crying we would get swept in the playoffs.

sook
04-10-2013, 02:21 PM

DAF6 is right, the playoffs are completely different. The nuggets are running on high octane energy that own't last them. If Lawson doesn't come back they don't make it to the 2nd round.

No way in hell do you want to play the OKC/SPurs instead of Denver. They are prime for the picking at the moment. As soon as they run out of energy come lpayoff time and the game slows down they are going to be dropping like flies. Its the perfect storm and the perfect way for a team to sneak up on them.

Latarian Milton
04-10-2013, 08:19 PM
denver would be a much easier matchup than OKC or spurs anyday tbh. not saying the rockets have any chance to make the 2nd round but at least denver will allow them a slim chance to avoid getting swept

Suspect
04-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Gimme spurs and their injuries and we in there