PDA

View Full Version : Allergies

JudynTX
04-10-2013, 09:24 AM
Fuckity, fuck fuck......they are really bad today. I hope this rain washes this shit out. :bang

Blake
04-10-2013, 09:39 AM
lol fuckity

I've been poppin allergy pills like candy. I've got those brown squiggly oak tree things all over my yard/roof/driveway/car.

Huey Freeman
04-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Fuckity, fuck fuck......they are really bad today. I hope this rain washes this shit out. :bang

Lol its raining up here in Fort Worth right now so I'm good. :lol
But I am dreading the upcoming season:bang

I. Hustle
04-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Usually I am hit pretty hard. I have been ok. I have that brown squiggly oak tree crap everywhere too.

mrsmaalox
04-10-2013, 09:51 AM
I had pneumonia a couple of weeks ago that my doctor said was complicated by allergies and he gave me some of that Nasonex spray---man that stuff works! I'm recovered enough to resume my running and now when I go out I don't feel a thing, where a month ago I'd come home with my nose and throat burning.

jeebus
04-10-2013, 10:07 AM
On the bright side, it's nice and cool out; my allergies haven't hit yet thank goodness.

Now if only we can get more northerly winds to push the smoke back down to the 3rd worlders.....

Blake
04-10-2013, 10:21 AM
A bit windy but the temperature feels great outside right now.

Spur|n|Austin
04-10-2013, 10:21 AM
This week my allergies have been so bad that I'm actually feeling like I need an inhaler. It feels like I've got a 24/7 bong rip in my lungs, minus the positive effects. Add a cough and constant runny nose, and it's an all day craptastic feeling. I'd say come on summer time, but then I'll just be complaining about the heat.

baseline bum
04-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Wow, this year hasn't been bad at all for me. Last year was fucking horrible I thought.

silverblk mystix
04-10-2013, 01:19 PM
The bad news - for you guys - is that I never get allergies - my whole life - nothing. Life is beautiful.
Sucks to be you.

The good news: I just saved a bunch of money on my auto insurance!

Blake
04-10-2013, 01:36 PM
No allergies and a career where you do cavity searches.

What more could you want

silverblk mystix
04-10-2013, 01:49 PM
No allergies and a career where you do cavity searches.

What more could you want

I wouldn't wanna be a cuck - that is something I couldn't live with - personally. If it floats your boat though....ok....I guess.

resistanze
04-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Allergies haven't kicked in yet, maybe by late April.

10 mg of cetirizine, all I need.

JudynTX
04-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Wow, this year hasn't been bad at all for me. Last year was fucking horrible I thought.

Watery eyes, scratchy throat and sneezing like a mo'fo. Lucky you!

Latarian Milton
04-10-2013, 07:34 PM
pollen is shit and although i ain't allergic to anything like that, i still repudiate that damn smell of a fucking flower. pollen is plant's sperm and it only smells good to them BITCHES tbh

sook
04-10-2013, 08:16 PM
I take nasal corticosteroid spray and allergy medicine sometimes when its really bad but have had to consistently. I got a cold the other day and nasal sprays like flonase hinder your immunity so I stopped taking it. Little did I know that what ended up happening was a lot worse. I think I have a sinus infection now that is making life hell for me. Re-started all the allergy shit and taking musinex + all the other pseudo I can find so it doesn't last like 4 wks.

sook
04-10-2013, 08:18 PM
This week my allergies have been so bad that I'm actually feeling like I need an inhaler. It feels like I've got a 24/7 bong rip in my lungs, minus the positive effects. Add a cough and constant runny nose, and it's an all day craptastic feeling. I'd say come on summer time, but then I'll just be complaining about the heat.

Take allergy medicine and flonase because people with bad allergies and colds have a much higher chance of getting a sinus infection...which is like 10 x worse!

Reck
04-10-2013, 08:44 PM
The bad news - for you guys - is that I never get allergies - my whole life - nothing. Life is beautiful.
Sucks to be you.

The good news: I just saved a bunch of money on my auto insurance!

Same here.

Although I've no idea what I could be allergic too. I always feel fine so that must mean I dont get any.

A few sneezes here and there when the pollen season is at its highest here in New York but nothing major.

mavs>spurs
04-10-2013, 10:00 PM
yeah those nose things are dangerous, couple people died from amoebas getting in their brain through the sinus cavity. you have to do it with distilled water. and for me it's the rain that brings it in..kind of weird from my standpoint to see people talk about it washing it away.

The Reckoning
04-10-2013, 10:01 PM
probably gonorrhea

baseline bum
04-10-2013, 10:10 PM
yeah those nose things are dangerous, couple people died from amoebas getting in their brain through the sinus cavity. you have to do it with distilled water. and for me it's the rain that brings it in..kind of weird from my standpoint to see people talk about it washing it away.

Those things are amazing when you have a sinus infection, but yeah, distilled water is a must and you also have to mix it with a given amount of salt or the ph difference will make your nose feel like it's burning like hell if you just go straight in with water.

If you get fucked up after rain then it's almost certainly a mold allergy. All the tree shit is usually gone for a day or two after a decent rain.

mrsmaalox
04-10-2013, 10:30 PM
I think those Neti pots are best for sinus infections only right? I read that for allergies they work well the first time, but then they start washing out the nasal flora that is supposed to live in there and it leaves more receptors open for allergens. I don't think I could do that to myself; I stuck a tube in a patients nose once and instead of going down the throat it made a U-turn and came out the other nostril---I almost fainted :lol

exstatic
04-10-2013, 11:07 PM

As you eventually stated, they are NOT dangerous if you follow the instructions and use distilled water.

They are a lifesaver to me. I flush out my sinuses 3-4 times a week, in addition to using generic Allegra.

baseline bum
04-10-2013, 11:12 PM
I think those Neti pots are best for sinus infections only right? I read that for allergies they work well the first time, but then they start washing out the nasal flora that is supposed to live in there and it leaves more receptors open for allergens. I don't think I could do that to myself; I stuck a tube in a patients nose once and instead of going down the throat it made a U-turn and came out the other nostril---I almost fainted :lol

I have never found any benefit to using them when I'm not really congested, but when I am their effect is immediate. As long as you put the right amount of salt in there's no discomfort whatsoever, other than looking like a retard when you're tilting your head in a weird direction to get the water to flow.

mavs>spurs
04-10-2013, 11:14 PM
your allergies are a product of health more than anything..im all for taking the natural route before doing something unnatural like that. the only reason your body can't fight off the pollen is becuase you're already compromised dealing with other things such as pollution and shitty diet. nobody in this country eats a real diet it's basically impossible. gmo food is enough to give some people terrible allergies..good luck getting away from that. hell, grow your own and a monsanto seed still may blow into your crop.

The Reckoning
04-10-2013, 11:39 PM
best thing i did about my allergies was not take any medication for them and my body developed an immunity fyi

Blake
04-11-2013, 09:35 AM
I've never seen one of those nose horns before. It looks better than rolling up a paper, sticking it in your ear and then lighting it.

Can you buy those things at Walmart?

JudynTX
04-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Not a fan of the Neti Pot.

Trill Clinton
04-11-2013, 10:08 AM
can't relate.

my immunse system is A plus. i haven't sneezed, had a runny nose or none of that shit since i was 7.

mrsmaalox
04-11-2013, 10:28 AM
best thing i did about my allergies was not take any medication for them and my body developed an immunity fyi

You really can't develop an immunity because the allergy symptoms actually are the work of your immune system. When you come in contact with the allergen, your immune system releases histamines which cause the sneezing, watering, swelling and itching as a way to protect the body from the allergen. But some allergists believe that sensitization and de-sensitization to allergens occur in 2 to 7 year cycles, which would explain why people "grow out" of allergies or suddenly develop them. I tend to believe in those cycles too, because as someone who has moved around the country many times in my life, I've found that my allergies to the native flora of whatever region don't develop until I've lived there for a few years. Unfortunately I've never stayed anywhere long enough to find out if I can outgrow the allergies within a certain time period.

CuckingFunt
04-11-2013, 10:48 AM
You really can't develop an immunity because the allergy symptoms actually are the work of your immune system. When you come in contact with the allergen, your immune system releases histamines which cause the sneezing, watering, swelling and itching as a way to protect the body from the allergen. But some allergists believe that sensitization and de-sensitization to allergens occur in 2 to 7 year cycles, which would explain why people "grow out" of allergies or suddenly develop them. I tend to believe in those cycles too, because as someone who has moved around the country many times in my life, I've found that my allergies to the native flora of whatever region don't develop until I've lived there for a few years. Unfortunately I've never stayed anywhere long enough to find out if I can outgrow the allergies within a certain time period.

I never outgrew my California allergies after living there for 30 years straight. Part of that could be due to the fact I was always going back and forth between parents and bouncing around between regions with VERY different flora/climate/etc., but even when I was in one city for ten years they stayed as bad as they ever have been. And when I went back to California for vacation after moving out, my allergies were even worse. That was a miserable two weeks.

I'm inclined to believe the bit about it taking a while for allergies to develop in a new region, though. I know that there are a lot of things in New Orleans that normally trigger my allergies, and I know that it historically a very bad allergy and asthma city, but in the almost three years that I've been here my allergies have only occasionally given me problems. And those problems have been extremely mild for the most part; a day of watery eyes or a bit of extra sneezing, but that's it. My asthma is much better as a result, as well, and I've been able to largely ignore my rescue inhaler or any other asthma meds for months at a time, which otherwise hasn't been an option since I was a toddler. Don't expect it to last forever, because as I said there's a ton of stuff in this city that I already know are triggers, but the move seems to have put everything on hold for a while.

The Reckoning
04-11-2013, 11:10 AM
my family used to have a cat, and im terribly allergic to cats. my eyes swell and i break out in hives every time a cat is near.

after having the cat for a year, i developed a tolerance to that one cat for some reason for several years. ive felt like allergies have always been something ive just dealt with, so maybe i dont even notice them anymore.

CuckingFunt
04-11-2013, 12:14 PM
my family used to have a cat, and im terribly allergic to cats. my eyes swell and i break out in hives every time a cat is near.

after having the cat for a year, i developed a tolerance to that one cat for some reason for several years. ive felt like allergies have always been something ive just dealt with, so maybe i dont even notice them anymore.

You get accustomed to your own pets' dander. I had to put my cat to sleep almost two years ago, but until then I'd lived my entire life with at least one pet in the house (and several friend and family pets I was around a lot). Unless I do something stupid like rub my eyes directly after petting one of them, the pets I've owned or am around a lot never bother me, despite being massively allergic. The dander immunity can wear off, though. With all the moving I've done recently, I've had to deal with big allergy problems when I go back to visit friends and family because I'm no longer interacting with their pets on a daily or weekly basis. It's something I've learned to put up with, though. I love animals too much to live a whole life without them.

bus driver
04-11-2013, 12:28 PM
my eyes are dry, i think it is because of allergies.
need some clear eyes

RandomGuy
04-12-2013, 12:43 PM

Rain would make it worse, if your thing is mold.

Claritin-D 24 hours for the win.

Expensive, behind the counter at the pharmacy and you have to have an ID to buy it, but this is one bit of pharma that makes me thank the Spaghetti Monster for on a regular basis.

baseline bum
04-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Rain would make it worse, if your thing is mold.

Claritin-D 24 hours for the win.

Expensive, behind the counter at the pharmacy and you have to have an ID to buy it, but this is one bit of pharma that makes me thank the Spaghetti Monster for on a regular basis.

The pseudo works well? Never tried it. I have been taking generic loratadine (dirt cheap compared to the regular brand name Claritin) all year though, and it has made a huge difference compared to last year when I just got raped by allergies from about December-August.

resistanze
04-12-2013, 04:21 PM
The pseudo works well? Never tried it. I have been taking generic loratadine (dirt cheap compared to the regular brand name Claritin) all year though, and it has made a huge difference compared to last year when I just got raped by allergies from about December-August.

Reason I use cetirizine (Reactine, Zyrtec) besides that fact it works the best for me, is you can get a presciption version (20mg) for your doctor as opposed to the 10mg extra strength OTC. Break the tablet in half, and I've never had to pay for allergy meds again.

leemajors
04-12-2013, 05:44 PM
way cheaper to just buy generic sudafed and the loratadine tbh.

BobaFett1
04-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Great thread on Allgergies. Man I used to get 3 to 4 sinus infections a year. I thought I might have to get surgery.
http://embarrassingproducts.com/wp-content/uploads/What_is_a_Neti_Pot_and_Why_do_You_Need_One2.jpg

BobaFett1
04-12-2013, 06:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaMPEcT7fPM

baseline bum
04-13-2013, 02:02 PM
way cheaper to just buy generic sudafed and the loratadine tbh.

Does that get you put on the meth list faster than Claritin-D?

leemajors
04-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Does that get you put on the meth list faster than Claritin-D?

"This piece of shit is buying a 20 pack three times a year, get him in here!"

baseline bum
04-13-2013, 08:51 PM
"This piece of shit is buying a 20 pack three times a year, get him in here!"

Damn man, figured in Austin you'd be buying a 20 pack every couple of weeks, being around all those cocksucking cedars.

leemajors
04-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Damn man, figured in Austin you'd be buying a 20 pack every couple of weeks, being around all those cocksucking cedars.

I am luckily not so afflicted. My grandad was, face would swell up sometimes. Ragweed kills me tho tbh

RandomGuy
04-15-2013, 11:05 AM

You gotta get the 24 hours stuff. Just don't drink a lot of coffee while you are taking it.