PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Playoffs-Who do you want your team to play in first round?

Riddler
04-10-2013, 10:57 AM
?

Thread
04-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Spurs. It'd mean these fucks here wouldn't get that Lottery pick and we could line up with your crew.

***Jesus Christ, I still think you're linked with the Spurs. 2 fuckin' years later of this shit.

Forget the above, cept for the Lottery pick part.

Suspect
04-10-2013, 11:06 AM
spurs so I can go watch some of the games

Killakobe81
04-10-2013, 11:09 AM
spurs so I can go watch some of the games

This 4 hour drive from DFW for a Lakers Spurs matchup ...
This board becomes more interesting ...
Duncan and his boys vs. kobe and his crew ...
Great matchups except at PG and center ...

More fuel for the Kobe vs. Duncan debate ...

Doubt it happens though Lakers barely holding on Spurs will probably waste the gift Melo gave them on Sunday (tonight) ... and then bench his guys at Staples ...

NRHector
04-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Good luck to whoever gets the thunderefs we know how they win their games

Thread
04-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Good luck to whoever gets the thunderefs we know how they win their games

^This way you can never lose. Pussy & asshole.

Koolaid_Man
04-10-2013, 11:35 AM
?

All i can hope for is that Pau and Nash are playing possum.
Otherwise it dont matter

ambchang
04-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Lakers for sure, more challenging than the Jazz, more story lines, a great way for Duncan to tie the h2h at 1-1, even though both series would be past both players' primes, chance of a Howard/Kobe fist fight during a live game.

Jazz would be good in the sense that it should be an easier road, but a pounding the ball to the low post style could be tiring for the Spurs to deal with.

Brazil
04-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Portland

Kai
04-10-2013, 12:02 PM
1 Clippers
2 Grizz
3 Spurs
4 Nuggets
6 Thunder

StrengthAndHonor
04-10-2013, 12:23 PM
I don't like to face Denver so good thing that ain't happening. Memphis is a challenge. For the Clippers, Houston and GSW would be a cc ake walk.

LkrFan
04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Lakers for sure, more challenging than the Jazz, more story lines, a great way for Duncan to tie the h2h at 1-1, even though both series would be past both players' primes, chance of a Howard/Kobe fist fight during a live game.

Jazz would be good in the sense that it should be an easier road, but a pounding the ball to the low post style could be tiring for the Spurs to deal with.
?

FkLA
04-10-2013, 01:28 PM
?

2008. Every other team was Shaqs not Kobes tbh. :downspin:

BatManu20
04-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Lakers for sure. But I doubt it happens, just cause Pop will rest his starters the last 2-3 games of the season, een if it costs us the #1 seed. OKC - Lakers will be entertaining matchup too.

LkrFan
04-10-2013, 01:55 PM
2008. Every other team was Shaqs not Kobes tbh. :downspin:
:lol - how come you classholes keep saying that when it's Kobe 2 - Shaq 1 since the split? We also know that when the Lakers played formidable frontlines, Shaq wasn't putting up MDE #s. Just Google playoff series vs. any Spur team from 1999 on; Blazers from 1999 on; 2004 Pistons showed us they could contain Shaq - with 6'7" Big Ben Wallace out working him. Kobe had really good series v. all those teams sans 2004 Pistons.

Then he took in an 0-12 player and won b2b (something TD never done btw :toast) and then it's boiled down:

Kobe: 5
TD: 4
Daddy: 4

Even if Kobe doesn't get 6, he still has the above. He'll have the distinction of having more rangs than two of the best bigs in NBA history. Now :downspin: that shit, ya dig? ;)

Killakobe81
04-10-2013, 02:47 PM

Lol check youtube, Kobe got in dat Spurs ass way before 2008 ...nice try though.

spurraider21
04-10-2013, 03:15 PM
:lol - how come you classholes keep saying that when it's Kobe 2 - Shaq 1 since the split? We also know that when the Lakers played formidable frontlines, Shaq wasn't putting up MDE #s. Just Google playoff series vs. any Spur team from 1999 on; Blazers from 1999 on; 2004 Pistons showed us they could contain Shaq - with 6'7" Big Ben Wallace out working him. Kobe had really good series v. all those teams sans 2004 Pistons.

Then he took in an 0-12 player and won b2b (something TD never done btw :toast) and then it's boiled down:

Even if Kobe doesn't get 6, he still has the above. He'll have the distinction of having more rangs than two of the best bigs in NBA history. Now :downspin: that shit, ya dig? ;)
:lmao pistons containing shaq. So shaq shooting 13-18 and whatnot or 10-13 while Kobe is jacking up 30 shots is being contained? Rofl the only containment done was Kobe containing shaq so the selfish punk could get himself a finals MVP just to prove that shaq wasn't carrying him. Cost them a chip and was the final nail in the coffin as far as shaq wanting out. When Kobe lets his bigs do work, they seem to win more. Tbh it's not a surprise lakers started winning this year when Kobe started getting dem assists

timtonymanu
04-10-2013, 03:19 PM
With the way the Spurs are playing lately, I'm even scared to play the T-Wolves at this point.

ambchang
04-10-2013, 03:31 PM

LOL, first off, Wallace wasn't 6'7", second, the only person who limited Shaq in that series for Kobe ball-hogging like crazy while Shaq was dropping 60% FG on the Wallace brothers.

3rd, the only frontline that ever came close to containing Shaq during that threepeat (aka Shaq's dominance of the league) was the Spurs when they crowded the hell out of the paint, limiting Shaq to 21.5 in only one of the series. Shaq got his in the other series. As for the Blazers? In the 00 playoffs, Shaq dropped 41, 23, 26, 25, 31, 17, and 18 points on them (outscoring Kobe in 5 of the 7 games to boot) when that team had Rasheed, Sabonis, Brian Grant and the other O'Neal.

4th, all those frontlines you listed are some of the best frontlines in the last 20 years or so, maybe even the last 30 years. I mean, Duncan + Robinson, Sheed + Sabonis + Grant + O'Neal, Wallace Brothers, and you are trying to spin it as nothing. Hilarious.

ambchang
04-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Lol check youtube, Kobe got in dat Spurs ass way before 2008 ...nice try though.

You got Kobe mixed up with Shaq. Not sure how, because Shaq is like 150 lbs heavier, 8 inches or so taller, and actually managed to have better FG% than FT%

silverblk mystix
04-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Lakers

It would be the equivalent of a first round bye.

Brunodf
04-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Suns/Bobcats/Raptors

Latarian Milton
04-10-2013, 08:30 PM
i'd be surprised if any eastern team could survive to the 6th game in a best of 7 series against us heat tbh, so i don't really care whom we're gonna matchup with. indiana used to be the team that i discerned most, but the team has been more sterilized than the 04-05 team w/ hibert down and they're no more a threat to us tbh

Clipper Nation
04-10-2013, 08:33 PM
:lol - how come you classholes keep saying that when it's Kobe 2 - Shaq 1 since the split?
Yet it's actually Pau 2 - Shaq 1 since the split, tbh...

TheCultOfPersonality
04-11-2013, 06:52 PM
1. Lakers
2. Warriors

irishock
04-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Not a fan of any team currently in the playoffs, but a Lakers-Spurs match up would be a classic

mindcrime
04-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Not a fan of any team currently in the playoffs, but a Lakers-Spurs match up would be a classic

This. I don't want to see Thunderefs vs. Lakerefs tbh. Free-throw contests are not all that exciting.

Thread
04-11-2013, 07:34 PM
This. I don't want to see Thunderefs vs. Lakerefs tbh. Free-throw contests are not all that exciting.

Offer a cogent, original take. Don't just follow these fucks around, mimicking their shit line. Don't you have any pride, or, self-esteem?

KaiRMD1
04-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Lakers of course

mindcrime
04-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Offer a cogent, original take. Don't just follow these fucks around, mimicking their shit line. Don't you have any pride, or, self-esteem?

OK, I really want to see Kobe get his shit pushed in, regardless of who they play. Good enough?

whitemamba
04-11-2013, 07:40 PM

that crater face fuck is tanking to avoid us.

Thread
04-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Lakers of course

I'd get kicked out again. Everytime you guys lose I get booted. Just last June I was shown the door 24 hours before the Thunder showed it to you guys.

Soreheads.

Thread
04-11-2013, 07:44 PM
OK, I really want to see Kobe get his shit pushed in, regardless of who they play. Good enough?

No. You're mimicking Media & Kobe haters worldwide. You can be better. & it will serve you in ways that will shock you. Try it.

Latarian Milton
04-11-2013, 08:29 PM
spurs vs. mavs series would be epic like previous matchups between these two teams but too bad them mavs are out of the #8 pursuit already :cry

FkLA
04-11-2013, 08:31 PM
^Si, too bad the 5th best PF of all-time aka Dirk couldnt lead them Mavs into the ocho seed. :(

Latarian Milton
04-11-2013, 09:18 PM
dirk está el tercer el mejor PF de todos tiempo en mi opinión, es sólo detrás de bird y duncan en mi opinión. malone está bueno también pero no tiene un anillo, que le escribe fuera del topo cinco, en mi opinión

FkLA
04-11-2013, 09:24 PM
el guero Bird es un SF y KG es mejor que Dirk tambien tbh

Latarian Milton
04-11-2013, 09:34 PM
duncan está mejor que nadie al PF, pero este no es fácil para decir quien es mejor entre dirk y KG en mi opinión

Thread
04-11-2013, 10:38 PM
spurs vs. mavs series would be epic like previous matchups between these two teams but too bad them mavs are out of the #8 pursuit already :cry

Woulda been a treat. Carlisle would have provided stability to the proceedings offsetting the tourettes challenged Poop.

The players woulda got down to it, hammer & tong, no shilly-shally like if the Lakers & Spurs go.